Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

haveblue posted:

Can't wait to see their horrible human-looking teeth

they'll have to scrap it and start over when fans complain "the expression" isn't disquieting enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reading that article I am seething with anger, weaponizing mental institutions, some straight Get Out literal gaslighting poo poo

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Dark souls 3 sucks and this isn't even a hot take.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

You can watch a 5 second clip of Cavill grunting and just imagine the rest of that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqqs0iEWTA

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I am much more likely to watch that than I am the witcher

The Witcher TV series in Polish was really good in a horrible sort of way. I believe they had to call it the Hexer or something.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Dark souls 3 sucks and this isn't even a hot take.
better than 2

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I loved playing Cards against Humanity for a time but looking back on it, it's really such a white thing to exist when you break down all of cards about stereotypes and other racist poo poo in there. It does not surprise me at all that they were gonna put the n-word in there despite the objections of their one black employee, although it also doesn't surprise me that they also decided against it, not because it would be wrong but because it would have been a good reason for people to stop giving money to them.

I almost feel like I should burn my cards; I could give them away but then that means that someone else is playing the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

My heart hurt reading that, had to pause from time to time. Had something similar happen at Facebook and a school I worked at in the same calendar year, minus the mental institute. I put in a federal complaint for the public school and after verifying that yes other black people worked there, my complaint was dropped since it couldn't have stemmed from racism.

gently caress you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You can do the same kind of thing in like Jackbox with Quiplash or that Game of Things physical game, and it's way funnier when you and your friends are coming up with the answers then all the dumb stuff the CaH cards say.

Plus I was always "bad" at CaH cause answers like "agriculture" were funnier to me than the ones that were like "black midgets" or whatever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

My heart hurt reading that, had to pause from time to time. Had something similar happen at Facebook and a school I worked at in the same calendar year, minus the mental institute. I put in a federal complaint for the public school and after verifying that yes other black people worked there, my complaint was dropped since it couldn't have stemmed from racism.

gently caress you

That part where he could tell the doctor didn't understand racism and was going to diagnose his reactions as a mental illness, and that he was going to have to lie to get out of the institution, is chilling as hell

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

better than 2

:wrong:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Code Vein
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

Glad to have a place to be able to rank games with you all, still

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

Dark Souls / Dark Souls 2
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3

Bloodborne

Lords of the Fallen

Code Vein

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey speaking of Dark Souls, when there's another dry bit of time between games, I'm thinking of looking into playing Bloodborne for the first time. The thing is I've watched several full lets plays of the game so like none of the bosses are surprises and I know how several of them work ahead of time. Would it still even really be enjoyable? I guess none of the people I watched really switched up their weapons much so there's that

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bloodborne
DS1
Code Vein
Demon's

DS3
DS2

Sekiro

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cheetah7071 posted:

Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Code Vein
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
dark souls 1 is the only one i've beaten so it's de facto #1

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That part where he could tell the doctor didn't understand racism and was going to diagnose his reactions as a mental illness, and that he was going to have to lie to get out of the institution, is chilling as hell
the schoolcraft case is also very funny in the hosed up way, where he tells the doctors "they constantly harass me and had me committed because i'm revealing their secrets" and the doctor is like "ah, classic delusional conspiratorial thinking". its almost like the bulk of modern psychology is just about making people feel comfortable about their place in a monstrous society. now let me tell you about body thetans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hollow Knight
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've only beaten Demon's Souls. Sorry I've let you all down.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hollow Knight wasn't on my list because much like in my Steam collection, it was deleted and forgotten about in hours

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I was really frustrated today when I was trying to remember my nvidia password (why do I need this?) and I had to do about 5 different catchpas for every attempt I made. It feels good to sometimes have extremely minor struggles and victories.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Good news everyone, it's not over yet!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well hopefully i don't have to give a poo poo what he thinks ever again and he can disappear into the dipshit ape dimension with the rest of the loving idiots

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gripweed posted:

Truly the words of a trustworthy truth teller.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rich Kyanka beats women.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

It's games relevant because that Yiik game included Masterson even

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

Hey speaking of Dark Souls, when there's another dry bit of time between games, I'm thinking of looking into playing Bloodborne for the first time. The thing is I've watched several full lets plays of the game so like none of the bosses are surprises and I know how several of them work ahead of time. Would it still even really be enjoyable? I guess none of the people I watched really switched up their weapons much so there's that

The thrill of combat is still there, and now you can skip the parts where you get ganked by an enemy or deathtrap you didn't know was there, or get repeatedly owned by the boss before figuring out its pattern, so it's probably still worth doing. I doubt you've seen 100% of the content, it's a pretty big game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gripweed posted:

Never checked out the other gaming garbage, not gonna check out this one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

sincerely hope the yiik guy puts lowtax in yiik 2

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yiik Masterson

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Yiikes...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gripweed posted:

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Who is Dick Masterson? My imagination is saying it's just Danny Masterson in a fake mustache, trying and failing to hide the fact he's podcasting from jail.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr. Disrespect has been banned from Twitch (again) for "community guidelines"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You misspelled "pissrespect"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ChickenMedium posted:

Who is Dick Masterson? My imagination is saying it's just Danny Masterson in a fake mustache, trying and failing to hide the fact he's podcasting from jail.

He’s some MRA shithead who actually wrote a book called “Men Are Better Than Women”. Perfect for Lowtax

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ChickenMedium posted:

He used to be on Maddox's show or something. I forget.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The Brigador drama makes me very sad, because I absolutely adore the game and it's just really disappointing all around. I thought everyone was better than that.

I'm glad Games will be around for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dr. Disrespect has been banned from Twitch (again) for "community guidelines"

To add to this, apparently it’s a permanent ban.