Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This series will end up like Family Matters and Cuno is Urkel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Timothée Chalamet as Cuno.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

This series will end up like Family Matters and Cuno is Urkel.

Got any speeeeeed?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

I can't tell if that's Germaine Clement or Benicio Del Toro

It's not Ian McShane?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Signing a TV deal seems pretty Moralist

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Discussions of ZA/UM always have the weird mystery factor of the random estonian businessman who put up a significant amount of money for the development, it could have been a decision on that end and who knows how the rights are set up. Anyway they need to get their priorities straight and release some god drat merch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Harrier Du Bois Funkopops

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hwurmp posted:

Harrier Du Bois Funkopops

One each for each face/Expression combo, of course.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kim Kitsuragi body pillows

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Did not turn up immediate results on an image search. You might have marketing gold.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

God how are they going to show Harry’s mind dialogs?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hwurmp posted:

Kim Kitsuragi body pillows

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

i'd be interested to play another za/um game in the same world and think it would be neat if it were mostly, or even entirely, disconnected ala Banks' Culture novels-

but if they revisit anyone from DE, I rly wanna play Ruby's story

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

With a good director and writer, a DE TV series could be really good. Especially if they're not afraid to get really weird with it, which is what DE really needs to shine. Problem is I have very little faith in either of those things. It'll just be a standard gritty noir detective show.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
HAPPY! is a little like what a DE show could be.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

zaum claims that the novel Sacred and Terrible Air will be released in english in the second half of 2020. so on the off chance this show goes anywhere, it'll have a wider base of text to pull from. this assuming that kurvitz and krew don't have meaningful control - if they even could have such control, idk poo poo about funding or whatever.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Oh hey a bunch of new replies in the DE thread, have they announced the DLC? No it’s a... TV show??? :psyduck:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like DE is unfilmable but it will certainly be interesting to see them try.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
The internal dialogues are a game mechanic and I can see them being absent from both the book and a future tv series.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Donal Logue would make a good Harry.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

TommyGun85 posted:

The internal dialogues are a game mechanic and I can see them being absent from both the book and a future tv series.

this

it's almost impossible to adapt that element to screen and hopefully they don't even try

the interpersonal relationships are enough on their own, we don't need to hear anyone's inner monologue

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
But then it's just the Wire but Eastern European... Which is great.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

If ZA/UM is involved throughout the process, I reckon it could be great. Otherwise its probably just the sonic the hedgehog movie but its reshot so sonic is cuno and eggman is harry

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

e-dt posted:

If ZA/UM is involved throughout the process, I reckon it could be great. Otherwise its probably just the sonic the hedgehog movie but its reshot so sonic is cuno and eggman is harry

gently caress does Sonic care?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

both obsessed with speed

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Game is on sale on steam. Someone convince me to to buy this over playing dark souls 1

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Game is on sale on steam. Someone convince me to to buy this over playing dark souls 1

Two questions then: Have you played dark souls 1 before, and are you okay with a dialogue-heavy game assuming it's actually engaging and funny?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

World War Mammories posted:

both obsessed with speed

lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

this

it's almost impossible to adapt that element to screen and hopefully they don't even try

the interpersonal relationships are enough on their own, we don't need to hear anyone's inner monologue

It can be done. Only one or two scenes, but it's feasible. Like Sisko meeting with the prophets in DS9. The protagonist is temporarily whisked away for a conversation with actors playing the parts of his mind.

Somebody smarter than me please make a Star Trek: Disco Elysium thread.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Azathoth256 posted:

*Maximum* velocity, fucko!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

both obsessed with speed

:hmmyes:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

the wire meets twin peaks would be fuckin amazing if they pull it off, which they almost certainly won't

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Think of all the spectacular ways they can gently caress it up though!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The thought cabinet dialogues should be some really freaky abstract animation

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I'm imagining a bunch of little angel/devil on the shoulder type figures getting into arguments with each other.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Azathoth256 posted:

Two questions then: Have you played dark souls 1 before, and are you okay with a dialogue-heavy game assuming it's actually engaging and funny?

I haven't, and yes I am. What other game is it like?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

I haven't, and yes I am. What other game is it like?

Planescape: Torment minus the combat, set in Science-Fantasy Estonia, and the competing ideologies are IRL political viewpoints rather than DnD alignments. It's also way the gently caress funnier than PS:T.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Azathoth256 posted:

someone do a mockup

NIGHT CITY ZONE
ACT ONE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gameplay-wise you're comparing apples and oranges, about the only thing in common with Dark Souls are extensive backstory you have to go out of your way to discover (mostly) and a lovingly rendered dreary tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ragnar34 posted:

Planescape: Torment minus the combat, set in Science-Fantasy Estonia, and the competing ideologies are IRL political viewpoints rather than DnD alignments. It's also way the gently caress funnier than PS:T.

Sold. Just bought it. Whenever I finish mega man 7's wiley I'll start it thanks!