Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

sincx posted:

cops... occasionally not bad?

Abolish police and prisons, but not before a certain someone who’s been a subject of investigation since 2013 “slips and falls” repeatedly into the bars of his cage and breaks an eye socket because, as the detective will likely remark, he is so very clumsy and accident prone from pill addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

i would call it enforcing a culture of silence about it imo

this too

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Where was the Jeffrey questions thread

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

the shape of this thing is a phobia for somebody

Me, because they overstuffed it and now there's a huge air pocket and they turned what could have been a delicious pie into a shaggy monstrosity out of sheer bougie decadance. A shameful bake.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is really good to hear and I'm glad that irrespective of everything else I'm very glad she's gotten to this stage of things.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The stuff about his second ex-wife worries me because it seems like he’d need a competent and especially shrewd attorney to gently caress with her like that and win. Maybe it’s all kiwi bullshit gone through the internet telephone circle, but there are some hints of cunning sadism that shine through the visible 98% lazy brute who doesn’t have the common sense not to go on a nazi’s radio show and fill the public record with things that might show up in court.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^i mean, he convinced his battered girlfriend to make a video saying she was drunk and off meds, and a Facebook post that she just fell down some stairs. if there hadn’t already been a lot of public outcry, that would’ve been the end of it, and anyone who said otherwise would’ve been banned to ‘protect her privacy’ based on ‘secret, reliable sources’.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

She didn't implicate the mods in her GoFundMe getting tanked

That's Fly Molo and me mostly poo poo-talking the mods

I also don't think you're a bad person but you are stumbling a lot in here and also I gave you a better avatar

I could 100% see lowtax convincing a battered woman that he’s gonna sue the gently caress out of her for using that gofundme until she ‘voluntarily’ closes it, just like Logan ‘voluntarily’ made that video.

and that gets a shitload easier if she’s not getting much money or support because goons get banned if they mention it, to ‘protect her privacy’. a fundraiser for her should’ve been posted at the top of every forum, not a bannable offense.

meaning the mods didn’t close the gofundme, or directly hurt her, they just helped keep it quiet and close off other avenues of support ‘to avoid drama/protect the kids’ until she had no options left.

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 26, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Twoday you're still cool because you haven't gone out of your way to say nice things about Jeffrey

took me a while to write this so I probably missed the last few pages of convo, but I thought I would do my best to give you an honest and open answer about these issues.

tbh I've only been a mod for like 2 months, and I haven't interacted with him a great deal. I will summarize my impressions of Jeffrey thusly:

90% of the time I've seen him post it's been about some technical stuff. The rest of the time was some random commentary on something that was happening in the forums, cracking jokes, or giving general advice when a mod had a question in the mod forum. Overall, my impression of him is positive, and he seems like a well-meaning and reasonable person.

That being said, I don't follow everything he does, I don't read everything he posts. But I have not seen any indication of him doing anything nefarious.

People seem upset, and reasonably so, with the PPJ stuff. I was too, still think it was a bad idea. I don't have access to any of those conversations any more than any of you do, and I don't know the details of what happened. Based on what I've heard, I gather that it was PPJ's idea, which he also executed. If you look at that meltdown thread that led to him being perma'd, the OP was full of corkboard-like justifications that PPJ tried to make to explain his own behavior. I also gather that while he was in the nazi discords, he was telling other mods and admins about it, and it seems to me that he was justifying his behavior at the time to them by weaving this tale of how it was important OPSEC, and good for the forums, and the right thing to do. Jeffrey made that post in January saying "Indeed, this is what ... looks like." I get the impression that this is just him regurgitating whatever PPJ told him, who seems to have convinced him at the time that all that dumb discord stuff was a good idea.

Since I have been a mod, the only thing I've seen in mod conversations in reference to discord and offsite stuff in general has been stuff along the lines "stay away from offsite drama and discord, it is not the role of the SA mods to mod or be involved in offsite poo poo," and then usually with an implied shudder at remembering the PPJ fiasco. I have zero impressions which suggest to me that they are infiltrating anything, and many strong impressions which suggest to me that they do not want to do anything along those lines, and are aware that its a bad idea as much as you are.

So, if bad decisions were made in the past, that is something for which reproof would be justifiable, and if you are not satisfied with the way Jeffrey handled himself there or have questions about it, I would encourage you to resolve that with him. I can't really help you there; I can't ask him any questions that you can't ask him yourself, nor can I answer for him.

However, I would also like you to take into consideration the fact that attempts were made to make amends since then. First of all, changing the disastrous policies which everyone was unhappy with, which led to many problems in the past. The way these were changed regarding the PPJ stuff, I explained just now. As for attempting to mend relations between C-SPAM and the rest of the forums, a big part of that was appointing mods from within C-SPAM to mod C-SPAM. Brutalist McDonald's and I were selected to be mods, not by the admins, but by Squizzle and LK. In the wake of PPJ, finding new and better C-SPAM mods was something that was suggested by Jeffrey. I don't know if I am indeed a better mod, but I hope so, and I'm trying my best. That, combined with my impressions that he seems to be a reasonable person who seems to generally care about how to improve these forums, not just technically, but also in the sense of working towards a more harmonious community, have left me with the much broader impression that there is positive potential going forward with Jeffrey in charge. Will it become a perfect posting utopia? Probably not. Can I promise that Jeffrey will be good? No. But it seems to me to be one of the better possible outcomes of this massive forums-wide meltdown that we've been living through for the past few days. The forums can't exist without forums drama and I'll do my best to ensure that you have a nice place to post if and when that happens. And if lowtax retains any power at all, I'm out.

In this effort post I have tried to address some of your concerns in an open, honest, straight-forward, and thoughtful way, as I have before on other occasions. Thank you for your attention, I yield the remainder of my time.

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 26, 2020

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The stuff about his second ex-wife worries me because it seems like he’d need a competent and especially shrewd attorney to gently caress with her like that and win. Maybe it’s all kiwi bullshit gone through the internet telephone circle, but there are some hints of cunning sadism that shine through the visible 98% lazy brute who doesn’t have the common sense not to go on a nazi’s radio show and fill the public record with things that might show up in court.

I'm not sure how long or what the totals were over time by LTs patreon was making several thousand a month. I could see a month or two getting burned out to spite someone in a situation like that and a few thousand is still a lot, especially against a victim of your abuse

twoday
May 4, 2005

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Where was the Jeffrey questions thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929932]

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

also just to be a dick for a minute, that mel guy in qcs is such a loving middle brow fake intellectual idiot, every time he shows up he outs himself as some upper middle class dude with an mfa who knows jack poo poo about books or anything else. sorry im not usually this mean and i know no one cares

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
twoday I made a real snarky comment about you out of anger during the fallout of the PPJ stuff and you took the time to make sure that anger was understood and turned down a little and you've been cool ever since

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

care to share some of those contacts with me PJ?

No, basic opsec applies here.

I feel pretty confident in the source of that information, but I'm an easily dismissed schizophrenic who's probably just making it all up for attention.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

twoday posted:

took me a while to write this so I probably missed the last few pages of convo, but I thought I would do my best to give you an honest and open answer about these issues.

tbh I've only been a mod for like 2 months, and I haven't interacted with him a great deal. I will summarize my impressions of Jeffrey thusly:

90% of the time I've seen him post it's been about some technical stuff. The rest of the time was some random commentary on something that was happening in the forums, cracking jokes, or giving general advice when a mod had a question in the mod forum. Overall, my impression of him is positive, and he seems like a well-meaning and reasonable person.

That being said, I don't follow everything he does, I don't read everything he posts. But I have not seen any indication of him doing anything nefarious.

People seem upset, and reasonably so, with the PPJ stuff. I was too, still think it was a bad idea. I don't have access to any of those conversations any more than any of you do, and I don't know the details of what happened. Based on what I've heard, I gather that it was PPJ's idea, which he also executed. If you look at that meltdown thread that led to him being perma'd, the OP was full of corkboard-like justifications that PPJ tried to make to explain his own behavior. I also gather that while he was in the nazi discords, he was telling other mods and admins about it, and it seems to me that he was justifying his behavior at the time to them by weaving this tale of how it was important OPSEC, and good for the forums, and the right thing to do. Jeffrey made that post in January saying "Indeed, this is what ... looks like." I get the impression that this is just him regurgitating whatever PPJ told him, who seems to have convinced him at the time that all that dumb discord stuff was a good idea.

Since I have been a mod, the only thing I've seen in mod conversations in reference to discord and offsite stuff in general has been stuff along the lines "stay away from offsite drama and discord, it is not the role of the SA mods to mod or be involved in offsite poo poo," and then usually with an implied shudder at remembering the PPJ fiasco. I have zero impressions which suggest to me that they are infiltrating anything, and many strong impressions which suggest to me that they do not want to do anything along those lines, and are aware that its a bad idea as much as you are.

So, if bad decisions were made in the past, that is something for which reproof would be justifiable, and if you are not satisfied with the way Jeffrey handled himself there or have questions about it, I would encourage you to resolve that with him. I can't really help you there; I can't ask him any questions that you can't ask him yourself, nor can I answer for him.

However, I would also like you to take into consideration the fact that attempts were made to make amends since then. First of all, changing the disastrous policies which everyone was unhappy with, which led to many problems in the past. The way these were changed regarding the PPJ stuff, I explained just now. As for attempting to mend relations between C-SPAM and the rest of the forums, a big part of that was appointing mods from within C-SPAM to mod C-SPAM. Brutalist McDonald's and I were selected to be mods, not by the admins, but by Squizzle and LK. In the wake of PPJ, finding new and better C-SPAM mods was something that was suggested by Jeffrey. I don't know if I am indeed a better mod, but I hope so, and I'm trying my best. That, combined with my impressions that he seems to be a reasonable person who seems to generally care about how to improve these forums, not just technically, but also in the sense of working towards a more harmonious community, have left me with the much broader impression that there is positive potential going forward with Jeffrey in charge. Will it become a perfect posting utopia? Probably not. Can I promise that Jeffrey will be good? No. But it seems to me to be one of the better possible outcomes of this massive forums-wide meltdown that we've been living through for the past few days. The forums can't exist without forums drama and I'll do my best to ensure that you have a nice place to post if and when that happens. And if lowtax retains any power at all, I'm out.

In this effort post I have tried to address some of your concerns in an open, honest, straight-forward, and thoughtful way, as I have before on other occasions. Thank you for your attention, I yield the remainder of my time.

:blastu:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Asema posted:

twoday I made a real snarky comment about you out of anger during the fallout of the PPJ stuff and you took the time to make sure that anger was understood and turned down a little and you've been cool ever since

I don't remember, but I'm glad it worked out that way

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
are we allowed to talk about reene also being an alleged abuser in this thread

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zas posted:

also just to be a dick for a minute, that mel guy in qcs is such a loving middle brow fake intellectual idiot, every time he shows up he outs himself as some upper middle class dude with an mfa who knows jack poo poo about books or anything else. sorry im not usually this mean and i know no one cares

he got booted from wrestling hut for arguing that MBS is actually cool and good

while being a paid shill for the kingdom

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A big flaming stink posted:

she's not

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i say this as a big greasy bitch with a love of drama that i need to live: plz no

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

we've talked about her defending and enabling lowtax and how she needs to step down so I don't see why not

Not too happy with the QCS thread being brigaded by other blue stars to bring up Reene's personal drama that has nothing to do with her actions and doesn't excuse those actions. Sympathy for her and all she's dealt with but that doesn't suddenly wipe the slate clean.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I appreciate the post Twoday, I think you went above and beyond in addressing concerns there and I'm glad you did it in a way that wasn't just dismissing the concern outright.

LK and Squizzle tried while I think still hedging more than they ought to out of fear for repercussion.

BrutalistMcDonalds seems kinda lovely but who knows, maybe they're going through some stuff.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you for that post.

again, it sounds like the common thread is “likeable on a personal level, I can’t comment on anything bad, you should ask him about that directly”.

so either he lied and said he had this whole elaborate network set up (to protect a nazi mod), or he has and still is running other ‘informants’ in those spaces. both are those are really bad, and again, speak to either deception or gross incompetence and unwillingness to admit mistakes.

and again, “they chose me as a mod based on the recommendation of other mods he chose”: that’s bad, man. community consensus was never even an option on the table, because only Mod Opinions Matter to Jefflon. if the other mods hadn’t been behind him in ousting lowtax, he would’ve said gently caress off to the rest of the community.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

please forgive me if i am somewhat suspicious of blue stars these days, especially wrt their opinions about fellow mods/admins

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gotta say I'm increasingly proud of the cspam mods for being the good ones with emotional and interpersonal distance to the admins. Also LK I apologize for going off on you.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait a second

It's real hosed up that all mods were in agreement to step down and the only one that did was LK, real hecked up, just real messed up, just real real messy :colbert:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

but she's a conspiracy theorist

:chloe:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

please forgive me if i am somewhat suspicious of blue stars these days, especially wrt their opinions about fellow mods/admins

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh yeah also BrutalistMcDonalds you're being borderline abusive to PJ but definitely a loving rear end in a top hat so go do some more walkies please

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i do not want to post with anyone interested in excusing and lying about abuse to win some loving forums cred

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
while i did not see the receipts in question here, and while i also am sympathetic to the desire to get a handle on things going forward,

probing the accuser is an INSANELY loving BAD look here re: this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3929751&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post506053407

i do not want to post with anyone interested in excusing and lying about abuse to win some loving forums cred

im...not 100% sure what you're implying right now, but the fact of the matter is that reene is your associate/friend, and simply as a matter of psychology you are very inclined to defend her.

the fact that you (and certain other mods) do not seem to realize this is more than a little bit alarming!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

crackpot conspiracy theorist

:goonsay:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

based on what ‘credible sources’? secret evidence that’s for mod eyes only?

again, reflexive defense of an abuser. this is the exact same poo poo. not even an “I find that deeply worrying and the mod team are currently discussing those allegations to find out if they’re credible.”

she’s an admin so she’s innocent, full stop.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i'll take a step back but PJ is not a credible source for information about lady ambien's personal life. i mean, i love her posts, they're funny but she's a conspiracy theorist

yeah, I love PJ, and also understand why credibility is an issue with her. i am glad you're taking a step back and hope that you don't construe anything I was saying as an attack on you (or PJ either). things were just coming off weird and wanted to make sure that you understood

if memory serves, the ban that Reene queued up was from the WoW forum and it was explained as being from KF dipshits posting to stir poo poo with what we all know now to be a legitimate domestic violence accusation.

at the time, i assumed it was bullshit because KF will 100% make poo poo up or take a kernel of truth and spin it into something untrue to further their eGrudges. and I took all that mean that the mods and admins had looked into it and knew it to be bullshit

but...well, either they somehow didn't look into it or they were covering up. ill go out on a limb and say it was the former, but... that's still a massive failure that warrants more than a "my bad"

like, I get that everyone's a volunteer, but christ, how did this poo poo all not come out then? like, seriously, I want to know the answer to that. if it wasn't lowtax shutting it down, then who was it?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can order custom letter donut messages from gold belly. They can probably look up your account.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i saw your edit big flaming stink :(

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

yes it seems BM became bad when they *slams face into notes repeatedly* became a mod?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh yeah also BrutalistMcDonalds you're being borderline abusive to PJ but definitely a loving rear end in a top hat so go do some more walkies please

oh and cool they already probed reene’s accuser, now we get to watch while the exact same thing plays out. again!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

yeah, I love PJ, and also understand why credibility is an issue with her. i am glad you're taking a step back and hope that you don't construe anything I was saying as an attack on you (or PJ either). things were just coming off weird and wanted to make sure that you understood

if memory serves, the ban that Reene queued up was from the WoW forum and it was explained as being from KF dipshits posting to stir poo poo with what we all know now to be a legitimate domestic violence accusation.

at the time, i assumed it was bullshit because KF will 100% make poo poo up or take a kernel of truth and spin it into something untrue to further their eGrudges. and I took all that mean that the mods and admins had looked into it and knew it to be bullshit

but...well, either they somehow didn't look into it or they were covering up. ill go out on a limb and say it was the former, but... that's still a massive failure that warrants more than a "my bad"

like, I get that everyone's a volunteer, but christ, how did this poo poo all not come out then? like, seriously, I want to know the answer to that. if it wasn't lowtax shutting it down, then who was it?

it’s a culture of silence, op

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

That was a good effort post twoday, thank you for being straight with us :cheersbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 28, 2020