Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm telling on myself a little bit, but I became friends with Uwe Boll on Twitter back before he (rightly) got off the internet. Uwe was as compassionate a friend as you'd hope to have when Annie was dying. I was a stranger and he fully invested himself in her well being. He checked in on her.

After she passed away, Uwe donated to his local humane society in her name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tik Tok is a meme, right?

https://twitter.com/russellhfilm/status/1276533322382864384

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Well his Obi Wan needs work that's for sure.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Alton Brown (certainly a culinary-science hero of mine) has been, by all accounts I've ever heard, a stand-up good person. He did have a little controversy in the middle of Good Eats days when his star was on the rise, when he put out a well-intended, but poorly-received plea for civility around him in public. It had the standard, "if I'm out to dinner with my wife and kids, then is not the time for autographs", but the one in particular that irked people was more along the lines of, "If you sit next to me on a plane it doesn't mean to get to talk at me for 5 hours." Certainly there is no way to communicate those things without coming off as an rear end in a top hat, so someone probably forgot to tell him not to do that.

He was a long time devout Christian, but fairly publicly disavowed himself from his Southern Baptist Church on it's stance on homosexuality; specifically the way it indoctrinates children into their mind-set. He is very much in the "love for all at all costs" portion of Christianity. Good on him.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Warbird posted:

That’s fairly mundane and more or less tracks with the head chef crowd.

What’s this about his ear?

in the early Good Eats days he would record his monologues and then play them back through a headphone on the side of his head that wasnt directed towards the camera, so that he was basically just reciting something he recorded earlier and was playing back. A bunch of the camera and working angles were based around the fact that he was always turned slightly towards the camera to hide the headphone. I remember this was from one of his books and/or the behind-the-scenes Good Eats eps, and no idea how long he did it, but just very 'attention to detail' oriented.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTGYinacYg

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm telling on myself a little bit, but I became friends with Uwe Boll on Twitter back before he (rightly) got off the internet. Uwe was as compassionate a friend as you'd hope to have when Annie was dying. I was a stranger and he fully invested himself in her well being. He checked in on her.

Everything bad is good and everything good is bad, here, in 2020

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

he also beat the poo poo out of lowtax which I think at this point we can all agree is a good and ethical thing to have done

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

bike tory posted:

he also beat the poo poo out of lowtax which I think at this point we can all agree is a good and ethical thing to have done

We all said that even before it came out that lowtax was an abuser

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

baseball are the powerhouse of the sports?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/infinityovrhead/status/1276222934118522890

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they did surgery on a mitochondria?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

they did surgery on a mitochondria?

Powerhouse of the grape?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The song everyone knows but no one knows the name of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpti6FMxO48

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Raymond Scott owns, and he also apprenticed Moog

iirc he basically invented the Moog synthesizer along with tons of other early electronic music equipment and couldn't be bothered to patent it, Moog asked if he could sell it and Scott was like "yea sure"

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mitochondria is a plural word. A singular one is called a mitochondrion, or alternatively, the powerhouse of the cell.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carbon dioxide posted:

Mitochondria is a plural word. A singular one is called a mitochondrion, or alternatively, the powerhouse of the cell.

i mean, yeah, we know

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Ah, yes. Millenials: known for not having been alive for the Cold War, end of the Cold War, 9/11, or economic crashes. Not to mention other wars in Bosnia or Iraq, et. al.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Carbon dioxide posted:

Oh poo poo, did you have to be a post-grad to learn this?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Ah, yes. Millenials: known for not having been alive for the Cold War, end of the Cold War, 9/11, or economic crashes. Not to mention other wars in Bosnia or Iraq, et. al.

millennials are looking on knowingly because they lived through 9/11, that's the joke

I never saw that kids show but I can only assume that kid is about to be hit in the face with a ball

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Carbon dioxide posted:

But how many people know about the farandolae

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Data Graham posted:

But how many people know about the farandolae

Is that like mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
milenials sort of by definition lived through 9/11 but they weren't really PART OF the politics or anything

unless they had a love one literally die in WTC or something

Their main attempt to Do Something was Occupy and that was a wet fart

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Bloop posted:

milenials sort of by definition lived through 9/11 but they weren't really PART OF the politics or anything

Their main attempt to Do Something was Occupy and that was a wet fart

millennials are the generation that "came of age" around 9/11

in other words, they were the ones turning 18 and signing up to fight in Bush's wars

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

This is NOT an American train and it is NOT leaving Chicago :mad:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mrpwase posted:

This is NOT an American train and it is NOT leaving Chicago :mad:

ok who let the trains subforum loose on the tracks of PYF (which are Russian width which is based on how big siberian tiger paws are)?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

They didn't highlight the correct answer, how am I supposed to get my high school diploma now :ohdear:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Oh look, another "hot meme" that's definitely not a blatant advertisement :nallears:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

tangy yet delightful posted:

ok who let the trains subforum loose on the tracks of PYF (which are Russian width which is based on how big siberian tiger paws are)?

Standard gauge is the distance between this post and a good post

Which isn't as bad is it sounds, have you ever heard of broad gauge? That was even worse

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

MizPiz posted:

Oh look, another "hot meme" that's definitely not a blatant advertisement :nallears:

....for Buzzfeed? For the textbook that used the phrase?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wizzardstaff posted:

For mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

wizzardstaff posted:

I was making and going to say mitochondria, but it turns out that is just something from buzzfeed.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Big Mitochondria doesn't want you to know about alternative methods of cellular energy generation.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

Big Mitochondria doesn't want you to know about alternative methods of cellular energy generation.

PHOTOSYNTHESIS IS THE WAY

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

PHOTOSYNTHESIS IS THE WAY

You crazy liberals and your green agenda...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The song everyone knows but no one knows the name of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpti6FMxO48

I thought the beginning of this song and the part at 1:40 were two different songs everyone knew but nobody knew the name of. The fact that they're the same song has blown my mind.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

The Bloop posted:

I had a internet friend who claimed that his girlfriend died on one of the planes after 9/11 via box cutter and then later went on to fake his own death instead of just saying he didn't feel like playing the game we met on anymore

does that count

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What was the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos