Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yeah is that an existing GI Joe design? Why don't all GI Joes look like that? Why do they keep doing boring army men when they could do awesome stuff like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Gripweed posted:

Yeah is that an existing GI Joe design? Why don't all GI Joes look like that? Why do they keep doing boring army men when they could do awesome stuff like that?
https://www.yojoe.com/faq/pdd.shtml

quote:

Steve thought he was being funny and at first painted the figure as a joke. He thought John would get a good laugh, but never thought he'd approve this wild paint scheme. On the contrary, John LOVED it! He thought it was certainly pushing it, but it was such a cool and unique take on this character.

So at this stage, the leopard paint-scheme was green-lighted for initial production testing. The figure went into production testing in Asia, and some of the production packaged samples were sent back to Hasbro to review.

According to John, upon seeing the PDD the marketing manager Vinnie D’Alleva thought the Pimp Daddy Destro looked a little too over the top and he felt the color scheme might hurt sales. So the figure was toned down.

when i sold my collection the pink flamingo four horseman figure sold for twice as much as any other figure.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

GI Joes are insane looking my dude

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

InsertPotPun posted:

https://www.yojoe.com/faq/pdd.shtml

when i sold my collection the pink flamingo four horseman figure sold for twice as much as any other figure.

I'm glad Vinnie D’Alleva is dead, and GI Joes can be cool now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Because there's only one Laird Destro.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Went ahead and pre-ordered that Amazon-exclusive Storm Shadow. I don't plan on getting any of the other figures, but that one looks like an updated take on my absolute favorite Storm Shadow figure I had as a kid. I clipped him onto a hang glider and threw it, thinking it would glide, only to have him tumble to the ground and his arm pop off.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2020

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was so disappointed they didn't reveal Baroness today, after showing off her concept art.

The only one I preordered is the light blue and gold "Regal" Cobra Commander. I greatly prefer it to the dark blue version, which I thought was going to be the only choice.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Yeah, gold Cobra Commander looks best. I ended up ordering all of these despite not having wave 1 yet. Distribution seems wonky according to Dorkside's hints.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
gently caress I have to get this. The goddamn boxart is gorgeous. :stwoon: GIJoe: Miami Heat

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That Cobra Commander helmet sucks. At the very least they should have made the visor mirrored. Right now it looks like if you ordered the thing off wish. Cheap plastic, silver paint.

I am gonna have to own pimp destro though. Holy gently caress that is an amazing figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 27, 2020

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That Cobra Commander helmet sucks. At the very least they should have made the visor mirrored. Right now it looks like if you ordered the thing off wish. Cheap plastic, silver paint.

I am gonna have to own pimp destro though. Holy gently caress that is an amazing figure.

Man I was so stoked for that helmet and it just looks like rear end, and is also somehow $20 more expensive than the talking Deadpool head? I guess I can just hope the final product is a lot more polished.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If you pre order an item on Hasbro Pulse, when do you pay? Right away or when the item ships?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If you pre order an item on Hasbro Pulse, when do you pay? Right away or when the item ships?

Right away if I remember correctly

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Neca Alien Brett is up for preorder on BBTS, okay

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Neca Alien Brett is up for preorder on BBTS, okay

Snagged.

I need a HDS toy in my life

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You pay when it ships.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Pulse definitely charges you when the item ships. This is good because I've cancelled a few of my past preorders, without any penalty or problem.

I'm not 100% convinced I will still want the light blue Cobra Commander by the time it comes out in December, so I'm glad it won't be a hassle to cancel if I talk myself out of it. Or maybe I'll get it anyway to sell or trade in the future, if I change my mind.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I'm not a huge Joe fan, but I did order PDD and gold CC. I have Scarlett from wave one but I'm not 100% on the quality. Her right hip is so tight I almost twisted it off the first time I tested the joint.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I had to order Miami Nights Destro, and I'm not even a GI Joe fan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

gently caress I have to get this. The goddamn boxart is gorgeous. :stwoon: GIJoe: Miami Heat

I totally missed that it's "profit director" destro. incredible.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, Pimp Daddy Destro would just be in bad taste...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I realize it will have to be a whole new mold, but I'll be much more tempted by Destro in his Iron Grenadiers outfit, with the black suit, gold mask, red cravat, and red half-cape.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shiftypenguin posted:

I'm not a huge Joe fan, but I did order PDD and gold CC. I have Scarlett from wave one but I'm not 100% on the quality. Her right hip is so tight I almost twisted it off the first time I tested the joint.

:same:

I was pretty disappointed with the build quality of the Snake Eyes I (finally) received - the torso part (basically the articulation between the chest and abs) is so loose, he can't stand up straight and after about 5 min he suddenly pitches forward like he just threw out his back :geno:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

sticksy posted:

I was pretty disappointed with the build quality of the Snake Eyes I (finally) received - the torso part (basically the articulation between the chest and abs) is so loose, he can't stand up straight and after about 5 min he suddenly pitches forward like he just threw out his back :geno:

Huh, my Worthy Captain America ML does the same thing. His upper torso is incredibly loose and wobbly. He'll be fine for ages, then whoops, he's on the floor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

sticksy posted:

That's a shame, my DX one is perfection.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

sticksy posted:

They must be using a similar design as their ML line then because every ML I own that has that mid-torso crunch eventually developed the same issue.

I don’t know why, but ML in general feel so much cheaper than the Black Series figures. They reuse the same three basic bodies for so many of those figures and it just sucks. The only advantage is extreme articulation but I’d gladly trade that for something that feels a bit more quality but can’t quite twist into a pretzel. Only Spider-People need to be that flexible for poses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The DC Primal Age Batcave is $21 from Amazon Warehouse with "damaged packaging" and I am really tempted to grab one just for the hell of it.

Edit: okay, $22 and yes I ordered one.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 29, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Found one single Plasma Series Ghostbuster at the local Target; Ray Stantz. It's a nice toy, and I decided to just buy the other 3 dudes off Amazon. I'm not interested in getting all the peripheral characters, so I'm going to end up with four terror dog legs just lying around. Maybe someday I'll use them to build some other monster? I have the old NECA Terror Dogs which look way, way better. Not to scale, but neither is the BAF from this series, which is weird.

My one gripe about Ray himself is the cord that connects the proton pack to the wand is made of plastic that's way too stiff for some reason, and it only hangs right when the wand is clipped onto the pack. When it's in his hands, it sticks out at crazy angles. I think I'm going to end up replacing them all with elastic cord, if I find some the right diameter, because that would look a whole lot better.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Sideshow is doing a free event to replace Comic Con this year, preregistering gets you a $5 coupon.

https://www.sideshow.com/events/sideshow-con-2020

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I really need that Destro, even for just the accessories alone!

Got my favorite Batman figure, and he can hold the Mezco Sovereign Knight/McFarlane Arkham Batman accessories really well:

Got the Bat Raptor too:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got the rest of the Plasma Ghostbusters from Pulse. I had forgotten how gross and unsettling the Terror Dog design actually was and now I don't know if I really want to display it anywhere.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Would you like the terror dog better if it had 4 more legs? Cause I can hook you up...

I got the other 3 Ghostbusters today. They're overall really nice. I'm still thinking of replacing those hoses on the proton packs so they'll pose better.

It's weird having just one beam accessory, and I'm thinking of just selling it off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shiroc posted:

I got the rest of the Plasma Ghostbusters from Pulse. I had forgotten how gross and unsettling the Terror Dog design actually was and now I don't know if I really want to display it anywhere.

Give it to me.

I got Gozer to pair with my Mezcos. I ordered it since I couldn’t find it at retail and uhhhh...

Oops. Oh well. I put her behind them and it looks OK. Also found the entire set + doubles at my Walmart the day it came in so, double whoops. Okay figure though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Would you like the terror dog better if it had 4 more legs? Cause I can hook you up...

I got the other 3 Ghostbusters today. They're overall really nice. I'm still thinking of replacing those hoses on the proton packs so they'll pose better.

It's weird having just one beam accessory, and I'm thinking of just selling it off.

I'd take the beam and the legs, if you're selling.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I'd take the beam and the legs, if you're selling.

I'd consider it, at least, if you make an offer.

I'm curious what your interest is in a set of terror dog legs. Do you have a set of Mattel Ghostbusters and only want the Dana and Gozer figures from Hasbro? I suppose the legs could also be a sound investment for future plasma series waves, if the Vinz Clortho BAF is followed up by a Zuul BAF, in case that head and torso come with particularly good figures. (I'm hoping for a good Janine... probably my favorite non-Ghostbuster character in the movies.)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
venkman looks like arnold schwarzenegger and jim belushi had a kid

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

InsertPotPun posted:

venkman looks like arnold schwarzenegger and jim belushi had a kid

Why do you think it was called Red Heat?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'd consider it, at least, if you make an offer.

I'm curious what your interest is in a set of terror dog legs. Do you have a set of Mattel Ghostbusters and only want the Dana and Gozer figures from Hasbro? I suppose the legs could also be a sound investment for future plasma series waves, if the Vinz Clortho BAF is followed up by a Zuul BAF, in case that head and torso come with particularly good figures. (I'm hoping for a good Janine... probably my favorite non-Ghostbuster character in the movies.)

It seems like a Zuul BAF would be slightly disappointing if reasonable since Zuul is so similar to Vinz. How many more waves can they really get out of the original Ghostbusters movies? They'd still have Slimer, Louis, maybe Janine, Library ghost and the Ghostbusters in the suits from 2. Characters like Peck seem too secondary, boring looking and non-action for mass market Hasbro releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

It seems like a Zuul BAF would be slightly disappointing if reasonable since Zuul is so similar to Vinz. How many more waves can they really get out of the original Ghostbusters movies? They'd still have Slimer, Louis, maybe Janine, Library ghost and the Ghostbusters in the suits from 2. Characters like Peck seem too secondary, boring looking and non-action for mass market Hasbro releases.

If they’re copying their Black series MO, they’ll absolutely do Peck.