Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

since the "remove Reene" thread got derailed and closed, go to this thread demanding Burt's removal and just emptyquote the first reply

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Giga Gaia posted:

i saw your edit big flaming stink :(

sorry, we've been consumed by the drama vortex wholesale!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i do not want to post with anyone interested in excusing and lying about abuse to win some loving forums cred

BMD I am an abuse survivor. The evidence so far for Reene has been 1. She is an abuse survivor and 2. Her accusers are acting in bad faith. You can understand why people are not feeling great on #2 given this sites history, yes? But I'm also very uncomfortable with #1. Abuse victims don't develop magical abuser detection skills, we tend to just learn the patterns and language used. And if an abuser manages to use different language and obfuscate the pattern, we'll, we can still fall in. And, in more generational trauma terms, we have a scarily common tendency to either become abusers ourselves or at the least take up some of their methods unintentionally. I have, and I try to be real careful about it.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prester Jane posted:

This needs clarified, because this wasn't an active "conspiracy" for the most part, Reene and Burt's role was simply to look the other way and press the buttons without thinking. They were as involved/active as Nassar's enablers: all they actually did was look the other way whenever they needed to and not to think too deeply about it.

At one point a GoFundMe existed, and then it no longer existed, and I've already stated the reasons for it no longer existing. The only individual involved in persecuting a campaign against said GoFundMe was Lowtax, Burt and Reene's role was strictly limited to looking the other way and pressing the buttons to make the problems go away.

:emptyquote:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh yeah also BrutalistMcDonalds you're being borderline abusive to PJ but definitely a loving rear end in a top hat so go do some more walkies please

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

A big flaming stink posted:

sorry, we've been consumed by the drama vortex wholesale!

ill never empty my posting crystal at this rate

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

As someone dumbshit enough to do modding on a different forum for free in the past I can tell you when you talk to other mods you just shrug and expect them to have done their job, otherwise you end up doing the job of 2 mods. So Jeff heard ppj say he was nazi infiltrating and shrugged and when poo poo came out he got flustered he didn't listen and that's all.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

please forgive me if i am somewhat suspicious of blue stars these days, especially wrt their opinions about fellow mods/admins

Well you should be, thats the curse of the mods.and that they always knew.
On the other hand BM,lk and twoday are also c-spammers dealing with a lot of poo poo, and probably on the dark in a lot of this . Saying "i dont know the dude, everytime i dealt with him hes been ok" is not some glowing review of jeffreys admininship. We know the gently caress ups he did, and the fallout of them, and good stuff hes being doing also,so lets use his accions as a way to judge jeffrey, instead of projecting our opinions into people that barelly have a passive acquaintance with him.

Edit: gently caress that some horrible spellcheck

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Well you should be, thats the curse of the mods.and that they always knew.
On the other hand BM,lk and twoday are also c-spammers dealing with a lot of poo poo, and probably on the dark in a lot of this . Saying "i dont know the dude, everytime i dealt with him hes been ok" is not some glowing review of jeffreys admininship. We know the gently caress ups he did, and the fallout of them, and good stuff hes being doing also,so lets use his accions as a way to judge jeffrey, instead of projecting our opinions into people that barelly have a passive acquaintance with him.

Edit: gently caress that some horrible spellcheck

i honestly do not have that strong of an opinion on jeffery

reene, on the other hand, is kinda completely trash as an admin and the reflexive defensiveness on her behalf seems entirely unearned!

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

i do not want to post with anyone interested in excusing and lying about abuse to win some loving forums cred

BELIEVE THE MODS CITIZEN

Trust the person who swept abuse under the rug, trust ~us~

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Her personal life is completely immaterial to the complaints against her in her current position as admin

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

i honestly do not have that strong of an opinion on jeffery

reene, on the other hand, is kinda completely trash as an admin and the reflexive defensiveness on her behalf seems entirely unearned!

Yeah that ones tricky. reene is just not a good admin/mod, but shes aparently been through some poo poo too and that earns sympathy but i dont think thats whats best for her right now.lets help her out with that and i think that for her own wellbeing she shouldnt be a admin/mod.

Edit: oh wait thats not tricky at all after all.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cspam mods are the best mods but they are still mods and are at the very least more likely to favorably view the people who are also mods and admins by dint of frequent communication.

Also not a fan of BmDs most recent posts itt but they seem to be taking a breather and generally good.

Here To Help
Aug 16, 2008
If the mods and admins were serious about making things better here, they would be sharing plans for a complete changing of the guard, and not simping in these threads on one another's behalf.

Why would anyone trust the people involved in the PPJ saga, who shut people up during the ladyambien stuff, who never seem to learn or grow or change. Its possible to become a better person if you can shake the cringing servility you are currently engaged in. It shouldn't require THREE battered women.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Asema posted:

wait a second

It's real hosed up that all mods were in agreement to step down and the only one that did was LK, real hecked up, just real messed up, just real real messy :colbert:

my motivations here

once the stuff about lowtax came out the mods had a discussion about this, and pretty much decided to strike, which is why there was more goatse and such around the past few days. It was known that jeffrey was in negotiations, and pretty much it was collectively decided that if those fell through and lowtax remained in power, that we would all quit. I stayed because I thought it would be known within 24-48 hours whether the negotiation worked out or not, at which point there would be a mass demodding, and I figured I would leave then, and create less work for people if we were all just demodded at once. In the mean time I :justpost:ed and ignored my buttons

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Here To Help posted:

If the mods and admins were serious about making things better here, they would be sharing plans for a complete changing of the guard, and not simping in these threads on one another's behalf.

Why would anyone trust the people involved in the PPJ saga, who shut people up during the ladyambien stuff, who never seem to learn or grow or change. Its possible to become a better person if you can shake the cringing servility you are currently engaged in. It shouldn't require THREE battered women.

I still wonder how many of them believed lowtax vs. how many of them preferred not to "rock the boat"
It's one thing if they sincerely trusted what they thought was a friend
it's much worse if they refused to do/allow due diligence because they liked their stature

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Imma gonna be honest here,the circunstances that lead to this are very lovely, but the wildness and unlawfullness of the forums in the last days are kinda fun.

My proposal is that we should have a purge week every year in these here forums, starting on 4/20.

The catch is that cspam during that week turns bizarro land and every post must contain a well source and passionate defense of centrist liberals policies.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

amazing how quick modbrain turns into copbrain

twoday
May 4, 2005

as far as I am aware, Lady Ambien has contacted the admins and requested, for understandable reasons of privacy, that as little about personal info about her be posted on the forums as possible, and the motivation for removing the police reports was an attempt to fulfill that request. Likewise, as was mentioned in the announcement, I was informed and had reasonable reasons to believe that the gofundme was not affiliated with her, and was an attempt by some random shitlord to essentially steal her identity and use it to gather free money, and that is why it was deleted from the forums

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

are we allowed to talk about reene also being an alleged abuser in this thread

lmao asking for permission, so sad

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Imma gonna be honest here,the circunstances that lead to this are very lovely, but the wildness and unlawfullness of the forums in the last days are kinda fun.

My proposal is that we should have a purge week every year in these here forums, starting on 4/20.

The catch is that cspam during that week turns bizarro land and every post must contain a well source and passionate defense of centrist liberals policies.

it'll be like that episode of west wing where the sexy lawyer staff dude is defending school vouchers to the chief of staff's daughter in a m night shamalan twist where he's passionately defending everything he stands against. Then a sexy blonde republican comes on screen and the audience track switches to hooting and howling and cat calls and aron sorkin winks as an extra in the background of the scene

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

are we allowed to talk about reene also being an alleged abuser in this thread

who is reene I can't keep track of all these people

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

twoday posted:

as far as I am aware, Lady Ambien has contacted the admins and requested, for understandable reasons of privacy, that as little about personal info about her be posted on the forums as possible, and the motivation for removing the police reports was an attempt to fulfill that request. Likewise, as was mentioned in the announcement, I was informed and had reasonable reasons to believe that the gofundme was not affiliated with her, and was an attempt by some random shitlord to essentially steal her identity and use it to gather free money, and that is why it was deleted from the forums

e: said better below:

So let me stop you here

It is reasonable to believe that she is capable of contacting the mods and admins now to remove evidence of lowtax's wrongdoing
but she was incapable of doing the same when it was necessary/a means to provide for her well-being through donations?

you know how obvious this lie is

Marzzle posted:

who is reene I can't keep track of all these people

wow mod that was elevated to admin status in the wake of the ppj nazi hunter saga for ????? reasons

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

twoday posted:

So let me stop you here

It is reasonable to believe that she is capable of contacting the mods and admins now to remove evidence of lowtax's wrongdoing
but she was incapable of doing the same when it was necessary/a means to provide for her well-being through donations?

twoday
May 4, 2005

as for this matter, I don't want to disclose the details of what I've heard, also for privacy reasons, but I believe these allegations to be a sickening perversion of the truth of the situation

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valleyant posted:

BELIEVE THE MODS CITIZEN

Trust the person who swept abuse under the rug, trust ~us~
you have a gritty av. try not to spread allegations from an admin from encylopedia dramatica -- one of most bigoted and racist sites on the internet. i'll be back in a few hours

twoday
May 4, 2005

So let me stop you here

I was under the impression that she herself made it clear that it was not her gofundme, and I haven't yet seen any indication that it was (besides PJ's post), but maybe you have seen something I haven't, in which case please share

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

you have a gritty av. try not to spread allegations from an admin from encylopedia dramatica -- one of most bigoted and racist sites on the internet. i'll be back in a few hours

Says the mod under lowtax

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress i love the thin blue line

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

twoday posted:

I was under the impression that she herself made it clear that it was not her gofundme, and I haven't yet seen any indication that it was (besides PJ's post), but maybe you have seen something I haven't, in which case please share

You are "under the impression" or you "know"?

Can you reveal who gave you that impression

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

twoday posted:

as for this matter, I don't want to disclose the details of what I've heard, also for privacy reasons, but I believe these allegations to be a sickening perversion of the truth of the situation

i myself am not privy to any information in this regard so i cant comment on this,

but putting all these allegations aside, do you believe Reene's behavior up to this point as an admin has been reasonable, and that her actions during LadyAmbien's abuse are, or are not, disqualifying?

Moreover, do you believe that the various users calling for Reene's de-admining have reasonable concerns against Reene? If you do not intend to de-admin reene, are you prepared for this userbase to lose further faith in the administration's unbiasedness?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you have a gritty av.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0pQx-dSpk

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

You are "under the impression" or you "know"?

Can you reveal who gave you that impression

Code for "another mod told me so in the private mod forum"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Code for "another mod told me so in the private mod forum"

Mods cannot help but impulsively spread the hearsay of other mods

gently caress I would not be surprised if it was from lowtax himself

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
startin to feel like this whiplash between 10 different topics, with each one deserving serious consideration and investigation and judgment, is loving confusing and is maybe part of why i can never remember anything because eventually it comes down to who posts the most

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

startin to feel like this whiplash between 10 different topics, with each one deserving serious consideration and investigation and judgment, is loving confusing and is maybe part of why i can never remember anything because eventually it comes down to who posts the most

believe me and no one else, fastest meltdowns in CSPAM bay bee

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
We have investigated ourselves and found ourselves innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

now youre gettin it