Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We always were these though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bluedeanie posted:

Also imo we should stop being goons now. What are we?

Wayward.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Junpei Hyde posted:

As someone who has had many disagreements with Jeffrey, he is infinitely better than lowtax. He talks to people, explains himself and is frequently available.

He also has, to my knowledge, never commited spousal abuse.

I've been here for 16 years and Lowtax has never posted a single thing at me or my friends even though I was a part of a group of 15 people he blamed for all the forums problems and labeled with the F and R word (a group where nearly everyone is queer or/and different-abled people, cool thing to do that most of the forum was on board with). Never told us exactly what we were doing wrong (other than being Fs), and how we were ruining GBS and PYF even though we never posted in them and how we were bothering people we never interacted with on a subforum that only 14-15 people ever looked at, which were probably all us.

Jeff has actually gone out of his way to come to us at least make some offers of making things right. Low bar but it's something I guess.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

We always were these though

Fine. There's an insult I'd hear at Ross County games from the auld fans. Mewch. I have no idea how it's spelled, I think it's a Gaelic word. Just angry old men yelling "YA MEWCH" (Mew like the Pokemon, Ch like in Loch) at players they decided they thought were useless despite being our top scorer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

online is messy

Nth

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SalTheBard posted:

I almost want to listen out of morbid curiosity but I know better.

Will J-Ru be doing a recap?

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Fine. There's an insult I'd hear at Ross County games from the auld fans. Mewch. I have no idea how it's spelled, I think it's a Gaelic word. Just angry old men yelling "YA MEWCH" (Mew like the Pokemon, Ch like in Loch) at players they decided they thought were useless despite being our top scorer.

Ross County! Are you a gadgie?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rick posted:

I've been here for 16 years and Lowtax has never posted a single thing at me or my friends even though I was a part of a group of 15 people he blamed for all the forums problems and labeled with the F and R word (a group where nearly everyone is queer or/and different-abled people, cool thing to do that most of the forum was on board with). Never told us exactly what we were doing wrong (other than being Fs), and how we were ruining GBS and PYF even though we never posted in them and how we were bothering people we never interacted with on a subforum that only 14-15 people ever looked at, which were probably all us.

Jeff has actually gone out of his way to come to us at least make some offers of making things right. Low bar but it's something I guess.

I would like to know more about this, if possible.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wendell posted:

Obviously cant speak of this specific situation because I wasn't involved but I can tell you that my only direct interaction with lowtax was when he barged into the mod forum during the FYAD shitstorm yelling at us to make the problem go away so he could go back to buying gourmet cookies

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
all i know is that all of this has been incredible marketing for Goldbelly cookies, and i am going to order some

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

for those prices they must be good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Wendell posted:

The BYOBXP previous to this current. After they ended the moderation, labeled it a "Forum for R___" and gave out forum cancer for posting there, it trickled down to just a small number of people. But he would still go on rants about how we were a bunch of Fs ruining the forums, even though just about no one but us read BYOB, and only a small number of us ever left the bubble (basically like me and a few other people).

Our plight is not as bad as being a woman he abused for sure, not even close, but it still loving sucked. Especially since most of us were already marginalized people outside of here.

The best thing that ever happened to us honestly was him finally closing it, we're all in a much better spot of our own.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm pretty suspicious and have said why in multiple threads including this one. But I appreciated the blanket generalizations and being called a fucker by someone I almost always agree with.
I'm sorry I got my panicked anger on you.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rick posted:

The BYOBXP previous to this current. After they ended the moderation, labeled it a "Forum for R___" and gave out forum cancer for posting there, it trickled down to just a small number of people. But he would still go on rants about how we were a bunch of Fs ruining the forums, even though just about no one but us read BYOB, and only a small number of us ever left the bubble (basically like me and a few other people).

Our plight is not as bad as being a woman he abused for sure, not even close, but it still loving sucked. Especially since most of us were already marginalized people outside of here.

The best thing that ever happened to us honestly was him finally closing it, we're all in a much better spot of our own.

This must have been around the ”de-tumblrfication” where he chased off the “cat lady mods.” I’m amazed so much leftism was born out of this place despite his frequent attempts to do the opposite.

I’m sorry that happened to your group, and I’m glad you made your own place.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm sorry I got my panicked anger on you.

We're cool, I absolutely understand the panic anger.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're cool, I absolutely understand the panic anger.
:glomp:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Wendell posted:

This must have been around the ”de-tumblrfication” where he chased off the “cat lady mods.” I’m amazed so much leftism was born out of this place despite his frequent attempts to do the opposite.

I’m sorry that happened to your group, and I’m glad you made your own place.

Yes it was the precursor to that period. You're absolutely right about the leftist thing--I worry that I would have become a chud had I not met all those cool people and I'm grateful that him smushing all of the leftists into a room with me helped me see how differently things could be than what I had heard growing up.

I really appreciate the acknowledgement.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

online is messy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Ross County! Are you a gadgie?

Aye, that I am

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Someone let me know when I can spend money on a new avatar, please.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Wardlow

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hiram posted:

Someone let me know when I can spend money on a new avatar, please.

Sorry but the new feature of the YOSPO Jeffrey regime is your AV is permanent and also your name is going to be changed to match your AV. Sorry Lobster Head.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s a shameful thing
Meep meep meep

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Bluedeanie posted:

Henchpersons

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Too many limes
Too many limes

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i shouldn't post in qcs. you should only post there if you are smart and understand words, and realize that your intent is not somehow magically transmitted to everyone else through what you say even if you don't say words good. what a dumbo... this poster; me. Dumber than hell. Can't even Talk right.

if it helps at all, this is partly a function of language itself being an imperfect vessel, the flawed prism through which your ideas are shone with a few wavelengths lost in the process by its very nature

also I think it’s this:

Rarity posted:

QCS is a bad forum full of bad faith posters

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 27, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

onion

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SatansOnion posted:

if it helps at all, this is partly a function of language itself being an imperfect vessel, the flawed prism through which your ideas are shone with a few wavelengths lost in the process by its very nature

also I think it’s this:

now now, there are also masochists with lovely judgement in QCS too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

onion. ownyeon. annyeong

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Onion bubs

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

NienNunb posted:

Onion bubs

Onion bubs is way better than regular bubs, but he’s no Thnikkaman

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've had Goldbelly cookies before, they're fine. When it comes to bougie New York cookies I'm a Levain or Milk Bar loyalist. Honestly, you can make cookies just as good or honestly better than them from the comfort of your own kitchen. Even if you wanted to only use high quality ingredients it would still probably only run you <$40, with enough material to make much more than 10 cookies a pop. Do not spend $100 for ten okay cookies like a loving psycho.

This has been a good cookie recipe for me recently. You can switch out the chocolate chips for a lot of things like mini Reece's cups or whites chocolate macadamia nuts, very adaptable recipe:

https://youtu.be/ylxzfecackM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I bought some okay cookies for $3.99 at the Food City. baked in-store. they've recently added a starbucks and it's very fancy for ky.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh, cool, is this the cookie chat room? In the before time I used to get cookies at this place: https://cookiegood.com/collections/cookies

Buncha crazy flavors. Some good, some amazing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ripping off people's Patreon money to buy overpriced cookies is definitely a goon thing to do, at least he's staying on brand

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lowtax is such a dumbass he could get cookies from a way funnier and probably just as good cookie place in Missouri called Hot Box

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't know a thing about cookies and what the hell is nazi hunting.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Tax drunkenly streaming now if you want to listen. So many bad decisions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o53qMAMW1M

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Personally I have zero interest in watching/listening or hopefully ever having to think about him ever again. The sooner the handover happens and he's gone, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DogsInSpace! posted:

Tax drunkenly streaming now if you want to listen. So many bad decisions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o53qMAMW1M

Not watching it because gently caress giving him any views, but a lot of the goons in the thread that began all this are saying it alternates between him having an online pity party for himself, him giving off serious Budd Dwyer vibes, and him shilling those goddamn fancy rich person cookies.