Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Disney movies suck rear end and not in the good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is very stupid projection.
:ironicat:
Why do you care so much what other people care about

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is very stupid projection. Why are you so mystified that a lot of people don't like saccharine trash from a megaconglomorate who actively makes the world worse? Such a mystery.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the poster who is being so mad about Disney is insulting and infantilizing people who do like it, and making the insinuation that REAL ADULT GROWN UP ACTIVITIES such as "go bar", "drive car" and "kiss girl" are the only worthy things to spend time on.

Don't like Disney, like Disney, I don't really care. But don't be a big ol' dickhead about it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:ironicat:
Why do you care so much what other people care about

Because sycophants are weird and I don't understand y'all.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

the poster who is being so mad

You're projecting that.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism but drat do y'all defend the poo poo out of its pillars.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please note I haven't defended Disney. Here, lemme, put it another way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBJIZ1NXFU

I just wanna go back to Didney, geez. I have a cousin who's a rich yuppie and she has a room decorated all Disney, they go there at least once or twice a year. (Also another room decorated up with, Marilyn Monroe and I think Sinatra as well.) She sucks, her husband has the personality of a towel. And the kids are probably gonna be insufferable at this rate but I hope not.

Girl just wants to do Disney. It ain't no high defense of the man or the giant corporation.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also don't support racist assholes. Which Disney is

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
In not Disney news, at least 5 restaurants in my area have re closed to sanitize and whatever because employees have tested positive for the Rona.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Because sycophants are weird and I don't understand y'all.

You're projecting that.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism but drat do y'all defend the poo poo out of its pillars.

I'm not defending Disney you imbicile. Im defending someone's right to enjoy what they enjoy without being called a child and insulted because it isn't "grown up". You've consistently posted idiotic twisted takes of things itt to try and villianize anyone you can and it sucks. gently caress off, you absolute brokebrained dick.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I'm not defending Disney you imbicile. Im defending someone's right to enjoy what they enjoy without being called a child and insulted because it isn't "grown up". You've consistently posted idiotic twisted takes of things itt to try and villianize anyone you can and it sucks. gently caress off, you absolute brokebrained dick.

*imbecile

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Goddamn, you can tell there's some stress in the industry thread when there's an argument over Disney :psyduck:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Whole lot in the forums is stressing and with good reason.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

It is childish though. That's what Disney wants it to be so they can make money. Again, you seem way more angry about this than anyone else. Nobody has to go to Disney World just like people don't have to eat at Chic Fil A nor shop at Hobby Lobby.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It is childish though. That's what Disney wants it to be so they can make money. Again, you seem way more angry about this than anyone else. Nobody has to go to Disney World just like people don't have to eat at Chic Fil A nor shop at Hobby Lobby.

Right, and nobody has to listen to you poo poo on them for it either. Knock it off or take it to CSPAM.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
To bring this back around to an appropriate topic, one reason to enjoy going to Disney as an adult is the Epcot Food and Wine festival??? I went both years I lived in Orlando and it's a really good time, kids or no kids???

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

postmodifier posted:

To bring this back around to an appropriate topic, one reason to enjoy going to Disney as an adult is the Epcot Food and Wine festival??? I went both years I lived in Orlando and it's a really good time, kids or no kids???

as a poor, I've never been to disney, but my in-laws have gone a few times and loved it. one of the things they really enjoy is epcot's multicultural stuff, though mostly i think they enjoy being in florida but not really having to deal with the general, well, floridaness

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Right, and nobody has to listen to you poo poo on them for it either. Knock it off or take it to CSPAM.

Yeah those poor Disney fans really have it rough.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
A lady called in today asking if she could social distance on the patio. I said yes, our tables are all well over 6ft apart. Turns out she wanted to be six feet apart from her dining companions. Boss said if she calls back don't take her reservation and to make up anything nessecary.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Guildenstern Mother posted:

A lady called in today asking if she could social distance on the patio. I said yes, our tables are all well over 6ft apart. Turns out she wanted to be six feet apart from her dining companions. Boss said if she calls back don't take her reservation and to make up anything nessecary.

I just re-watched the 1989 Michael Keaton Batman movie for the first time in ages the other day, so all I can picture is the scene where Bruce has his first date with Vicki Vale and they're in the huge formal Wayne Manor dining room.

"Can you pass the salt?"
"Excuse me?"
"CAN YOU PASS THE SALT?"
[Bruce gets up and walks 12 feet to pass the salt]

Your boss sounds cool and good for making that decision. WTF, she wanted to eat up four separate tables for a 4-top?!

Also, I have a stuffed Godzilla my father gave me when I was 5 years old. Do I have to throw him in the trash because I'm 46 now and grown-ups don't have things like "sentimental value", y/n

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Also, I have a stuffed Godzilla my father gave me when I was 5 years old. Do I have to throw him in the trash because I'm 46 now and grown-ups don't have things like "sentimental value", y/n

No, not unless you want to. Keeping things for sentimental value is perfectly reasonable, even in the circumstances. That said, check your PMs.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 26, 2020

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Its a magical week of crazy here! Lady just came in to buy a gift cert, wanted to know how much dinner for two would generally be. I asked if the two people were drinkers, and she revealed she was buying the gift cert for herself and her husband and no, they weren't. She then starts asking if she can reserve specific tables and if she can bring in her own votives and decorations, and then just casually drops the bomb "oh and btw I should let you know I work in a big covid hotspot, lots of people at work are testing positive, I might get tested next week, not sure yet teehee. I just wanted to let you know so the server can make sure to wash their hands."

WHY ARE YOU OUT WHO BUYS A GIFT CERT FOR THEMSELVES WHY ARE YOU OUT

edit:

Your boss sounds cool and good for making that decision. WTF, she wanted to eat up four separate tables for a 4-top?!

I got the impression that she was expecting a REALLY HUGE table or something. Like all our tables are 24ft diameter. Or that she really just hadn't thought this through and wanted me to do it for her.

And no you don't.

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 26, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one would convict you.

On the plush chat. Of course I have a lot of my own. I have a fox who's stayed in my bed for, nearly two decades now. She's well worn and cared for. :colbert:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Errr, hope you all realize my stuffed Godzilla question was a facetious, eye-rolling response to the dude attacking people who like Disney. Like, I don't get Disney fans, just like I don't understand the appeal of coleslaw. But I'm not gonna go on a frothing rage about people who DO like it, especially when it evokes some nice childhood memories for folks.

Or even weirdos who like coleslaw.

My dear-yet-crazy grandmother lived to ripe old age of 94 and I think part of it was being chill and always abiding by one of her favorite sayings: "eh, different strokes for different folks". It's a lesson a lot of goons could stand to learn when it comes to such incredibly important issues of what comes down to personal taste like Disney, what is an appropriate way to eat hotdogs, what tv shows Suck/Do Not Suck, etc.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

weirdos who like coleslaw.

What an odd thing.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anyone work in NYC could tell me how it is atm? I got let go at the beginning of the quarentine and now my boss is asking me to come back. I have a bad feeling about it and would rather spend my time doing better things (like yelling at cops in protest).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Or even weirdos who like coleslaw.

Coleslaw is cool and good as a sandwich topping. :colbert:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Liquid Communism posted:

Coleslaw is cool and good as a sandwich topping. :colbert:

Depends on what kind :colbert:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Depends on what kind :colbert:

Citrus slaw is great. I can't stand oodles upon gobs of mayo slaw, as is the all too merican way.

I can see the arguement for it as a sandwich topping though.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
a dash of creamy mayo, vinegar sugar tangy goodness, fresh cabbage, maybe a herb if you're fancy. Coleslaw is excellent.

Carrots in coleslaw can gently caress off though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

TheParadigm posted:

Citrus slaw is great. I can't stand oodles upon gobs of mayo slaw, as is the all too merican way.

I can see the arguement for it as a sandwich topping though.

:hfive: Citrus slaw or vinegar slaws are the way.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS
I worked at a place that added Granny Smith apple shreds to coleslaw. I really liked it. But I like most any slaw.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Tried to use a gift card at eureka and they're only accepting online orders and the online order form doesn't accept gift cards. Even confirmed in person. Chance that their website was changed to this way on purpose vs they just had a lovely web admin? Supposedly it'll be fixed in a few weeks with a new system but drat that was annoying.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

my man

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

PurplPenisEata posted:

I worked at a place that added Granny Smith apple shreds to coleslaw. I really liked it. But I like most any slaw.

Dried blueberries in a creamy slaw.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

ughhhh posted:

Anyone work in NYC could tell me how it is atm? I got let go at the beginning of the quarentine and now my boss is asking me to come back. I have a bad feeling about it and would rather spend my time doing better things (like yelling at cops in protest).

Oh hi, actual question haver-

It really depends on what kind of place. We are still in 6’ distanced outdoor only in NYC, but people are going hard on it. I can’t speak to the kitchens, because I’ve only seen a couple. Did you have any more specific questions?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, vinegar slaw is the stuff.

On a pulled pork sandwich.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

ughhhh posted:

I'm an office worker in NYC, and I'm not going back for months -- lots of companies aren't even talking about returning until 2021. Restaurants are reopening, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, it just means customers want to go and restaurants don't care that much about their employees. If you have the finances to sit it out, do it. Feel free to ask questions if you want; I live in Queens and I'm happy to share whatever would help.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

There's a place in Memphis with a smoky ginger slaw that is by far the best I've ever had. The owner's not a dumbass though so I doubt it's been open at all since March.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

droll posted:

Carrots in coleslaw can gently caress off though.

Look. Look how wrong you are goon sir. You monster.

Also a good creamy slaw is a good side for something dangerously spicy, like extra hot Hot Chicken.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

bloody ghost titty posted:

Oh hi, actual question haver-

It really depends on what kind of place. We are still in 6’ distanced outdoor only in NYC, but people are going hard on it. I can’t speak to the kitchens, because I’ve only seen a couple. Did you have any more specific questions?

I work as a sous and one of the chefs I worked with asked me to help reopen a restaurant I worked at (high-end Instagram club/restaurant). I called all the line cooks and prep cooks I trust and used to work with, but many of them left the city/country since they are immigrants with no support so I know we are going to be understaffed and inexperienced. Had a meeting with the owner and the he said some things that implied that everyone was going to be paid less and gave vague answers about healthcare and sick pay wrt covid. Sat in some meetings before I decide to work and there is no concrete information on worker protection or support, just a push to be open as soon as possible.

Are there any rules in place for workers wrt to covid that NYC is trying to implement or pushing for? Support from the city of they get sick, rules/changes for kitchen work I should look at, cpacity reduction for customers etc.

I am not going to call back people I love and care for to work if this poo poo is just going to start all over again. I can go upstate and shovel goatshit all summer, but I have people asking me where I am and if I need workers and I cannot in good conscience ask them to come to work without at least fighting to make sure they have some support. Many of them have taken lower paying jobs working delivery places and they need better paying jobs which I could provide... But the risks atm just seem too much.

Just so defeated and scared.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Currently restaurants are only serving outside. Theoretically they're supposed to distance customers, but that's not happening at all. As of July 6, restaurants can go back to indoor service at 50% capacity. I believe that's 50% of fire marshal max capacity, which is really jammed, plus they'll continue outdoor service. There are a number of precautions they should take at that point, but precautions are being ignored outside so I wouldn't expect them to actually happen inside either.

The only good news is that FOH I've seen is wearing masks. That's a very small bit of good news. I definitely haven't heard anything about the city covering medical bills or anything like that.

There are a lot of smaller questions that go into the decision, like are you generally healthy, does anyone on your team have asthma or high blood pressure (and can they even get checkups so they'd know if they did), would you have to commute on public transit, if you wind up in the hospital but you survive is your boss going to kick in $10k towards medical bills, etc.

Working in way worse conditions plus getting paid less than you used to doesn't seem like a good combination to me if you have other options.