Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I read and reread that like 8 times and all I've got from it is that blow is that Redditor double dick dude because somehow he had one in his butt and one in his friend's mouth at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

How do you guys feel about Triple M's Greatest Artists of all Time list?

quote:

1. QUEEN
2. AC/DC
3. FOO FIGHTERS
4. LED ZEPPELIN
5. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
6. METALLICA
7. DAVID BOWIE
8. THE BEATLES
9. PINK FLOYD
10. ROLLING STONES
11. BON JOVI
12. U2
13. GUNS N ROSES
14. COLD CHISEL
15. NIRVANA
16. JIMMY BARNES
17. ELTON JOHN
18. GREEN DAY
19. MIDNIGHT OIL
20. INXS

I might have Nirvana a little higher but honestly it's pretty hard to argue with the rest of the placings. I'm tempted to blast a double feature of Back in Black and Bohemian Rhapsody and dance across my living room tonight (After a few tinnies haha :razz:)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'd move that list around a bit.

Metallica a little lower, gunners, inxs a bit higher. ac/dc down one or two.

where's TOTO ? hmmm?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s what you’d expect from MMM

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

In terms of "Cultural significance and impact of bands featuring Dave Grohl", Foo Fighters is easily 5 times the band Nirvana is, yes, definitely

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Foo Fighters is probably the only inclusion that I find particularly offensive.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's a weird comparison. I don't think foos influenced a lot of great musicians but they're undeniably more popular overall and more zeitgeisty of 2020 than nirvana.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Someone pointed out on twitter that if Kurt were alive today he'd be a year older than scomo lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no crowded house

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's a weird comparison. I don't think foos influenced a lot of great musicians but they're undeniably more popular overall and more zeitgeisty of 2020 than nirvana.

Yeah I guess it depends on how you want to define "greatest"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Someone pointed out on twitter that if Kurt were alive today he'd be a year older than scomo lol

lmao

kurt would be on tv talking against the toppling of statues.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hambeet posted:

no crowded house

Oof I can't believe I missed that

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Foo Fighters are the rock music equivalent of the colour beige. The reason i know the definition of the word "anodyne" is because i couldn't find another way to describe why i hate them so much.

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

People who only listen to triple m ranking only bands that are played on triple m, cool

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

I might have Nirvana a little higher but honestly it's pretty hard to argue with the rest of the placings. I'm tempted to blast a double feature of Back in Black and Bohemian Rhapsody and dance across my living room tonight (After a few tinnies haha :razz:)

this is like a list of bands that boring goobers listen to

also beatles should be higher

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I wonder how Kurt would feel about anyone who isn't white compared to scomo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
gently caress U2 out of there and slot in crowded house and I'll be happy.

Line up all of their discographies and that'll be summer doneski.

Bruce, Jovi and John aren't really my cup of tea but I don't find them offensive per sea

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Might as well get my own hot takes in.
Beatles, Pink Floyd and the Stones are all too high.
I like Green Day well enough but putting them on a list of greatest artists of all time is a bit weird.
I can accept the middling Australian acts making it on the list since it's MMM.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Wizard Master posted:

They all suck because Triple M are talking about them

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Not a lot of women in that list.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

I know it's Triple M but it's all dad rock and pop lol.

If we are sticking to dad rock and pop only I'd still wonder where all the women are. Patty Smith and Fleetwood Mac at least should be somewhere.

Also Pearl Jam and Hendrix.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

I know it's Triple M but it's all dad rock and pop lol.

If we are sticking to dad rock and pop only I'd still wonder where all the women are. Patty Smith and Fleetwood Mac at least should be somewhere.

Also Pearl Jam and Hendrix.

yeah totally.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also obviously missing Michael Jackson even accounting for MMM's genre restraints

Yes I know he was a pedo but so was Bowie and one of the living Queen guys so that's obviously not a disqualification for the list.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

the greatest bands of all time according to the daddest of dads

Bill Posters posted:

Foo Fighters are the rock music equivalent of the colour beige. The reason i know the definition of the word "anodyne" is because i couldn't find another way to describe why i hate them so much.

Caesar Saladin posted:

this is like a list of bands that boring goobers listen to

also beatles should be higher

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yes I know he was a pedo but so was Bowie and one of the living Queen guys so that's obviously not a disqualification for the list.

Wait what? When was this discovered?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Only in this thread could I post “What is that man doing to his anus” and have to clarify who I was talking about 😂😂

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I've spent so many waking hours trying to formulate the gay sex position thats described and I feel like I now know less about sex than I did before

like a lotus position

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

Wait what? When was this discovered?

Which one? Bowie was known to go for really young groupies. The Queen one, I forget who but they got investigated for downloading a ton of cp and "somehow convinced" the prosecution it was research.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
if id used tfabs grand canal the text wouldve read "second biggest arsehole in brisbane"

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

The Queen one, I forget who but they got investigated for downloading a ton of cp and "somehow convinced" the prosecution it was research.

Ahh, the Pete Townsend defence

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

Which one? Bowie was known to go for really young groupies. The Queen one, I forget who but they got investigated for downloading a ton of cp and "somehow convinced" the prosecution it was research.

That was Pete Townsend from The Who

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
i had an unspoken bond with burt in that we both have black dunnys.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

tardwrangler posted:

i had an unspoken bond with burt in that we both have black dunnys.

brothers in porcelain

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Yo

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
g'day sport

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

g'day oval office

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Fucken g'day champ.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Sup oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Some bold chip addicts at Wynnum tavern