Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Delta-Wye posted:

Night swimming while folks are night boating is an easy way to get surprise keelhauled.

Virgil is right on the ocean - there are no roads, you just drive wherever. Very whippit friendly activity.

That attitude is how the Titanic went down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

papa horny michael posted:

Night boating is extremely dangerous, and only do it if you are southern and routinely say or type y'all online, folks

Night boating is why the Titanic sank.

Edit: Guess I was beaten

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
If Rose had stayed in the drat lifeboat Jack could have had the piece of wood for himself.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1276626922051600384

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Does Chappaquiddick count as night boating?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Boywhiz88 posted:

more night submarine-ing really, something we in the night boat community do NOT endorse.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Boywhiz88 posted:

I believe it was a boking accident

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
back when you'd get in your longest car and drive your best girl into a pond

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

a car is a boat when you drive it into the water, temporarily

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1276693704858886145

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

back when you'd get in your longest car and drive your best girl into a pond

lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gonna convince lowtax i'm his lawyer and steal the forums brb

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

tired of hearing amber. Just my misogyny tbh

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

40-Degree Day posted:

you've come to the right place friend

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

40-Degree Day posted:

hey, when i was growing up in indiana, it was real tough. when i was indiana, they had this saying - when your'e in indiana, you're in indiana. in indiana, there's lots of union folk. when i talk to union people, you know what they say?? you remind us of an indiana girl. indiana indiana indiana. i'm not a red scare adjacent media person, i'm a downhome girl, indiana!!!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
indiana,

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When you're from the consensus worst state in the Great Lakes, you've gotta rep it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

amber, much like me tbh, seems to think through things by talking/posting them and seeing the response which means we say a lot of inflammable things with implications our brains don't notice

what i'm saying is amber form Blue Scare with me

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

When you're from the consensus worst state in the Great Lakes, you've gotta rep it.

Didn't realize Amber was from Ohio

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 27, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Gee I wonder what kind of systemic oppression might lead a woman in academia to feel the need to constantly establish their credentials as part of every statement.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As a trans woman who fled academia I agree with... Burst Rod?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 27, 2020

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boywhiz88 posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that ad owns

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Please tell me that's real

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

big boi posted:

Please tell me that's real

It's from an issue of National Lampoon. But it was really there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

Gee I wonder what kind of systemic oppression might lead a woman in academia to feel the need to constantly establish their credentials as part of every statement.

yea I'm not really shocked that a woman who has an academic background has 'justify my expertise on this subject every other line' as a habit. It's a little annoying but no more than Felix's equal obsession with the midwest.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally found time to listen to True Anon. That intro is really loving good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What was that about "We don't welsh on a bet?" The way Amber said it there were no differences between the two pronunciations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s “welch” on a bet, but the reason it’s confusing is that Welching on a bet was a term specifically used to disparage Welsh people.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I look forward to the felix episode on streamers in response to the current fallout.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s “welch” on a bet, but the reason it’s confusing is that Welching on a bet was a term specifically used to disparage Welsh people.

You're wrong, it refers to Welch's juice. It's like betting on grape juice, it will just run through your fingers. Nothing you can count on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I want Felix to do The Shield because it’s got a throughline in all that melodramatic FX/Showtime stuff. I’ve been doing a rewatch and Season 5, Ep 1 would be perfect. It opens w high school race riot and was written by Kurt Sutter. Absolutely insane.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Billions episode was good because of Amber but I don’t listen to this for them to say a bunch of NICE things!!!!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

The Billions episode was good because of Amber but I don’t listen to this for them to say a bunch of NICE things!!!!

Are you ever not a terrible poster?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fame Douglas posted:

You're wrong, it refers to Welch's juice. It's like betting on grape juice, it will just run through your fingers. Nothing you can count on.

Did you know that Welch was the guy responsible for the John Birch Society? True story.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/thebavid/status/1277018712655134726?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They were way more charitable to Billions than it deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/delmoi/status/1277035267401158658?s=20