Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Yeah, I've been side-eyeing Avellone ever since he left Obsidian and went to air grievances on a RPG forum (either RPGforum or RPGnet, I can't remember the exact name), which was a noted chud hive.

Josh Sawyer/rope kid seems to be alright though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeah, I've been side-eyeing Avellone ever since he left Obsidian and went to air grievances on a RPG forum (either RPGforum or RPGnet, I can't remember the exact name), which was a noted chud hive.

RPGCodex is the poo poo chud forum Avellone's on.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow, Woolie is playing Halo?? That's awesome. Can't say how many hours I have playing this series with family and friends.

edit: he's even playing coop with Little V, nice

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Oh wow, Woolie is playing Halo?? That's awesome. Can't say how many hours I have playing this series with family and friends.

edit: he's even playing coop with Little V, nice

Niiiice.

I'm just glad to hear that Woolie and Little V are doing another LP together

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are they attempting any sick warthog jump tricks

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wait, what are the avellone allegations? I can’t keep up with this poo poo.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

Are they attempting any sick warthog jump tricks

Little V was showing Woolie tons of tricks, glitches and all that good stuff but I didn't see a warthog jump, but then again I started watching a bit later

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Wait, what are the avellone allegations? I can’t keep up with this poo poo.

He's pretty poo poo.

A more direct source is the first thread I saw about it:

https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/1274175397337411586

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hey so regardless of what will happen to this forum, I really enjoyed posting with you all about a bunch of Youtube video game funnyguys, and I'd hate to lose that.

Please don't hesitate to hit me up on Discord at Crimson#8833, or on Steam. Though I'd ask you to identify who you are in this thread, so I know you're not some awful Kiwifarms lurker.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

so am i crazy or are these ending moments of kotor 2 giving anyone else heavy tales of the abyss vibes?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Phantasium posted:

so am i crazy or are these ending moments of kotor 2 giving anyone else heavy tales of the abyss vibes?
What is that please explain.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

a good game

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Watching the first episode of TYYD, Reggie has come so far. Super impressed with him

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy

I could do without the voices in TTYD

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shinji2015 posted:

Watching the first episode of TYYD, Reggie has come so far. Super impressed with him

*gasp*

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Boy

I could do without the voices in TTYD

The moment woolie started to do that voice for goombella I let out a bit of a sigh, but hopefully it won't get too bad.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Overlord K posted:

The moment woolie started to do that voice for goombella I let out a bit of a sigh, but hopefully it won't get too bad.

Strap the gently caress in

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

It can't get worse than the game grumps playthrough of TTYD, the playthrough that made me ask myself "wait, why did I start watching this again?"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

if it's gonna be that bad all the way through I might consider dropping a fat hundred on an actual copy of the game to play it myself before they can ruin it for me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I have to wonder who this proto-girl that every LPer's girl voice is based on.

Just talking out to the ether in this part. You've watched TV and anime and stuff, surely you've picked up on a few distinctive female voices by now? At this point I'd find it refreshing to hear someone voicing a female NPC as if they were Fran Drescher.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Looking forward to Part 100 where Woolie finally reaches Hooktail's Castle.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I have to wonder who this proto-girl that every LPer's girl voice is based on.

Just talking out to the ether in this part. You've watched TV and anime and stuff, surely you've picked up on a few distinctive female voices by now? At this point I'd find it refreshing to hear someone voicing a female NPC as if they were Fran Drescher.

Personally I immediately thought of Harley Quinn, which kind of works since she was calling Mario Mister at the time.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Overlord K posted:

Personally I immediately thought of Harley Quinn, which kind of works since she was calling Mario Mister at the time.

That was my first vibe, but Woolie kept mentioning Marisa Tomei in the first episode, so he might also be channeling her in My Cousin Vinny

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's just infuriating because one of the reasons I got into best friends way back when was because they were LPers that DIDN'T do this horseshit. And he just wrapped up an RPG where he didn't! Woolie is funny enough, and TTYD good enough, to not need that sort of lovely YouTuber embellishment.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They’ve mentioned before that if they play a game with no voice acting, people don’t watch unless they read everything. Reason being, I think, is that a lot people watch lps as sorta a second screen thing, and they can’t follow what’s going on if the dialog isn’t spoken. Not that this excuses bad voices or anything, this is just why they do it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would fall out of my chair like Vince if instead of getting a custom intro screen for an LP they just paid SungWon Cho and Edwyn Tiong to voice act it for them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No the reading is fine, it's the voices I can't stand.

Also woolie just said loving "HagaRen"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I would fall out of my chair like Vince if instead of getting a custom intro screen for an LP they just paid SungWon Cho and Edwyn Tiong to voice act it for them.

I feel like those two things are not comparable in cost.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like those two things are not comparable in cost.

I assumed that they're also fans and would be happy to hop in for a few videos and flex on them with professional voice acting.

I backed down from voice acting the entire thing to doing it a few videos.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

RareAcumen posted:

I assumed that they're also fans and would be happy to hop in for a few videos and flex on them with professional voice acting.

I backed down from voice acting the entire thing to doing it a few videos.

Even if that were the case it would still be incredibly lovely to accept free labour like that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm watching woolie's halo run on twitch(excellent, even if V kinda handholds him a bit too much) and saw this pass by in chat and this is the poo poo I love about halo lore

I never played 4 or 5 but I remember reading how the elites loved the determination of humans in the face of certain death and came to respect them, but the heirarchy above them decreed humans heretical and to be put to death, so they had to continue fighting them rather than welcome them into the covenant

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They’ve mentioned before that if they play a game with no voice acting, people don’t watch unless they read everything. Reason being, I think, is that a lot people watch lps as sorta a second screen thing, and they can’t follow what’s going on if the dialog isn’t spoken. Not that this excuses bad voices or anything, this is just why they do it

they could just read the dialogie in their regular voices instead of trying to voice act

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RottenK posted:

they could just read the dialogie in their regular voices instead of trying to voice act

they could even act with normal voices like regular voice actors do

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YF-23 posted:

Even if that were the case it would still be incredibly lovely to accept free labour like that.

No, the backdown wasn't a few videos for free, it was come dub a few videos for profit. The being fans thing was more of a 'Oh sure, I'll do that, I like those guys' Not 'Oh sure, I'll do that, I like those guys. AND I'LL DO IT FOR NOTHING'

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I wasn’t around for the thread at the time but remember when the guys “forgot” to turn off the camera for one of their user mail episodes and went on for a while about how all this stuff was a hassle? What was the reception to that?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Warbird posted:

I wasn’t around for the thread at the time but remember when the guys “forgot” to turn off the camera for one of their user mail episodes and went on for a while about how all this stuff was a hassle? What was the reception to that?

Are you talking about the old mailbag? That wasn't an off-camera thing, they said outright they had to shut down the mailbag because people were sending in way too much stuff that Woolie had to haul. A lot of it being weapons and sex toys.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Warbird posted:

You're probably talking about the time they forgot to cut like some post-bit audio from a mailbag episode, where they were frustrated about receiving big dumb blade #1483, they thanked the guy for sending it but then off-screen in a bit left in by accident apparently were like "So who even wants to take this big dumb sword? I dunno I don't want it, it's not even like a good feeling sword. Do you want this thing? No? I don't want it." and stuff like that, it was some 300 falchion shortsword thing they didn't recognize either so it was nothing special at all as far as any of them were concerned, so people made a big deal out of it, they apologized to the person and whatnot, but also then like clarified further too that like every time people sent them a big stupid sword or giant knife, they had to go take that poo poo to an office and all this other stuff because they live in canada and it was getting to be a really big pain in the rear end.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Funnily enough it seems the most appreciated mail bag gift was one of the very first they caught: Pat's giant Steve Buscemi poster that is still part of his set right now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anEuxWIQUE&t=19s

Little V needs to be in more LPs after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grouchio posted:

Little V needs to be in more LPs after this.
I have good news for you