Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

five minutes left in the brain cell chamber. i have stayed up all night in an attempt to catch the neighbours dog who stole my slipper. at least take both of them next time you jerk !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

five minutes left in the brain cell chamber. i have stayed up all night in an attempt to catch the neighbours dog who stole my slipper. at least take both of them next time you jerk !

steak

dogs cannot resist steak

put steak in other slipper, he won't be able to resist, and then he will be yours

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

steak

dogs cannot resist steak

put steak in other slipper, he won't be able to resist, and then he will be yours

I nailed the sole remaining slipper to the barn roof. let it fly as a flag for my once peaceful nation. ive tried as hard as I could to remain neutral. I will let it send a message to my enemies if they dare step foot on these sacred grounds... if you want my other slipper, come and get it you cowards

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
4am: I MUST PISS

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I nailed the sole remaining slipper to the barn roof. let it fly as a flag for my once peaceful nation. ive tried as hard as I could to remain neutral. I will let it send a message to my enemies if they dare step foot on these sacred grounds... if you want my other slipper, come and get it you cowards

Gotta know more bout dem slippers

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thought: gently caress it's late.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

that's a god drat nice barn, shoe or no shoe

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
If I talk to the coach maybe I can still get on the basketball team even though I didn't go to tryouts...oh no, wait, I'm 54 years old.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Cinderella is NOT. loving. AROUND! :toughguy:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*eyes clock*

ah yes,

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bout that time again

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bout that time again

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vk6iRWViIUA&t=2m12s

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I want to come back to this thread. I'm a night owl who sleeps in phases. Generally the first phase is from 1 a.m. until 5-6 a.m. That's followed by an hour or 90 minutes of reading, often from my laptop and then I'll get drowsy and get my final 60 to 90 minutes of sleep. I feel refreshed after that.

Question for the SA veteran goons: I've only figured out how to bookmark threads after posting in them. Is there a way to subscribe to threads without posting first?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Not that I want to be compared to Dan, but my Friday night pretty much looked like that but my shirt was on and then i passed out on the bed after drinkin a buncha rum

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

CocoaNuts posted:

I want to come back to this thread. I'm a night owl who sleeps in phases. Generally the first phase is from 1 a.m. until 5-6 a.m. That's followed by an hour or 90 minutes of reading, often from my laptop and then I'll get drowsy and get my final 60 to 90 minutes of sleep. I feel refreshed after that.

Question for the SA veteran goons: I've only figured out how to bookmark threads after posting in them. Is there a way to subscribe to threads without posting first?

My sleep schedule sometimes ends up split like that, sleep 4-5 hours, get up for an hour or two, then go to sleep for 3-4 more hours. Google says that actually used to be more common before electricity was a thing.

Are you using Awful app or just a standard web browser? If you're just on a browser, there's a little star to the far left for each thread on the forums listing, and next to the thread rating buttons at the bottom of each page of a thread. Clicking on that adds the thread to bookmarks.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im feeling some excellent cognitions manifesting inside of my brain cells. tonight will be a good night for posting.

im getting reports from agents in the field that we have some birds scouting the sole slipper for nesting. this will be good pr. no developments yet so have a picture of a bird nest I just found literally right outside my front door. these fellas are little. should I let em be, or try relocating? woah theres eggs in there

I finally saw the neighbours dogs out front by a burn pile early in the morning. I got beans our three legged dog as fast as I could to help assist in the confrontation, but the little guy ran out of energy halfway there. we were easily outpaced by the dogs combined 20 legs. it was then I realized I needed more firepower. more space = more dog. say hello to my little friend

if we count our worthless bastard cat, we now have a total of 15 legs.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Eh! Frank posted:

My sleep schedule sometimes ends up split like that, sleep 4-5 hours, get up for an hour or two, then go to sleep for 3-4 more hours. Google says that actually used to be more common before electricity was a thing.

Are you using Awful app or just a standard web browser? If you're just on a browser, there's a little star to the far left for each thread on the forums listing, and next to the thread rating buttons at the bottom of each page of a thread. Clicking on that adds the thread to bookmarks.

Ah! Eh! Frank!

Makes sense now. Thank you very much!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

CocoaNuts posted:

in the app press the dots and hit bookmark

on the website hit the star by the vote buttons

e: lol 4 hours late

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

alexandriao posted:

in the app press the dots and hit bookmark

on the website hit the star by the vote buttons

e: lol 4 hours late

I'm all over that star now. Thank you!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I farted so stinky my wife stopped laying on my chest

:smith:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
This seems appropriate--goons, take heart that a misanthropic British poet experienced the same things you experience!

Aubade

BY PHILIP LARKIN

I work all day, and get half-drunk at night.   
Waking at four to soundless dark, I stare.   
In time the curtain-edges will grow light.   
Till then I see what’s really always there:   
Unresting death, a whole day nearer now,   
Making all thought impossible but how   
And where and when I shall myself die.   
Arid interrogation: yet the dread
Of dying, and being dead,
Flashes afresh to hold and horrify.

The mind blanks at the glare. Not in remorse   
—The good not done, the love not given, time   
Torn off unused—nor wretchedly because   
An only life can take so long to climb
Clear of its wrong beginnings, and may never;   
But at the total emptiness for ever,
The sure extinction that we travel to
And shall be lost in always. Not to be here,   
Not to be anywhere,
And soon; nothing more terrible, nothing more true.

This is a special way of being afraid
No trick dispels. Religion used to try,
That vast moth-eaten musical brocade
Created to pretend we never die,
And specious stuff that says No rational being
Can fear a thing it will not feel, not seeing
That this is what we fear—no sight, no sound,   
No touch or taste or smell, nothing to think with,   
Nothing to love or link with,
The anaesthetic from which none come round.

And so it stays just on the edge of vision,   
A small unfocused blur, a standing chill   
That slows each impulse down to indecision.   
Most things may never happen: this one will,   
And realisation of it rages out
In furnace-fear when we are caught without   
People or drink. Courage is no good:
It means not scaring others. Being brave   
Lets no one off the grave.
Death is no different whined at than withstood.

Slowly light strengthens, and the room takes shape.   
It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know,   
Have always known, know that we can’t escape,   
Yet can’t accept. One side will have to go.
Meanwhile telephones crouch, getting ready to ring   
In locked-up offices, and all the uncaring
Intricate rented world begins to rouse.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.

Ganraam
Feb 26, 2005

Whatever he does represents both a gain and a loss, an arrival and a departure.
I've been sleeping unusually well for a full week. maybe 6--7 hours a night when i usually get 4--5. Just woke up in a cold sweat from a bad dream. I've been doing that "if i sleep now I'll get X more hours of sleep and it'll be ok" thing for about an hour now.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I farted so stinky my wife stopped laying on my chest

:smith:

true power right here

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

you must learn to control and muster the gifts you have been given, son

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's less a gift and more about "Why'd I eat a bowl a beans today..." kinda thing

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's less a gift and more about "Why'd I eat a bowl a beans today..." kinda thing

my son you have been blessed with the flatulence, for generations it has been passed down from father to son, each never realising and training in the gifts they have been given - the power to yeild complete and utter social dominance at a single muscle twitch. the power to clear a ballroom or boardroom faster than shouting "fire". you must train in these gifts and use them wisely. for with great fluffing comes great responsibility

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLeTkCjCTD4

Except its my bedroom and my wife and dog laying next to me

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
My wife and dog sometimes both snore at the same time and it sounds like they're have a snoring conversation, but then they'll start getting loud and it escalates into a snoring argument. It's kinda funny but then I go sleep on the couch.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I often wake up and think about how I'm gonna find a job that pays more than poo poo money and I have no loving clue

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:911:

It's always 3am somewhere. Keep on snoring and having existential crisis in the early morning ya goons

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What da fuuucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkgughfughuuhuhkkkakkckk

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What da fuuucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkgughfughuuhuhkkkakkckk

oh gently caress shorty u good?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

yeah I'll reinstall TIS-100

just before 4am is the perfect time for my brain to play programmer

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

oh gently caress shorty u good?

:radcat: I am very sleepy sleepy 4 ever

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I may or may not have made a post about some homemade pies on a Facebook group that definitely has nothing to do with pies and I'm in so many groups I don't know which one halp I should have just kept playing computer

Edit: They're really good pies though.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

yeah I'll reinstall TIS-100

just before 4am is the perfect time for my brain to play programmer

I need to finish that and Shenzhen I/O

it's 3 am and I'm watching a link to the past gdq run I've seen like a dozen times, but it's either this or sit here worrying about the forums dying

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
3-6am i'm always wide awake. I've worked full time graveyard shifts for almost 2 years now. Money is pretty alright for what i do, and i like it because i'm not a people person, so the only things that talk back are the machines and floors i clean. Lately though, i'm beginning to realize the full price of these shifts, which is costing more than the companies money.

I recently took 8 weeks off work. They shut down on account of the bug going around, and instead of switching to mornings, i opted to take life easy and live off that federal check that went around. During that time, i saw friends i had not seen in forever, and met new people both irl and online. But as i returned, those relationships dissapeared as quickly as my exposure to the sun. My old friends miss hanging out at reasonable hours, and the new friends i've made thought i fell off the face of the earth. I catch them from time to time (mostly the online people) on the weekends, when they can stay up late. But they've already done their gaming/drinking/party for the night, and i only get a handful of minutes before the party winds down and people start heading to bed.

I was fairly content with the work situation before my vacation, but now that my eyes are open and i realize the life i'm forefitting in exchange for work, it's hitting me hard. I'm almost 30, and my friends are living their lives right before mine. Out of state trips, camping and fishing expeditions. Marriages, kids, deaths in the family. All of it is taking a backseat to my career, and i'm being left on the sidelines. A decent relationship also has yet to be found, and it's not going to get easier to find in my 30's.

May this rant serve not only as decent bathroom reading material, but as a potential cry for help. Hopefully it doesn't hit too close to home with anyone else reading this.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta friend whos works graveyard shift. We rarely see him but im always awake at ungodly hours anyway so chatting in our group chat around those hours usually leads to instant replies and conversations. Make fun of him constantly and te him to talk to all the ghost

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

notanarsonist posted:

3-6am i'm always wide awake. I've worked full time graveyard shifts for almost 2 years now. Money is pretty alright for what i do, and i like it because i'm not a people person, so the only things that talk back are the machines and floors i clean. Lately though, i'm beginning to realize the full price of these shifts, which is costing more than the companies money.

I recently took 8 weeks off work. They shut down on account of the bug going around, and instead of switching to mornings, i opted to take life easy and live off that federal check that went around. During that time, i saw friends i had not seen in forever, and met new people both irl and online. But as i returned, those relationships dissapeared as quickly as my exposure to the sun. My old friends miss hanging out at reasonable hours, and the new friends i've made thought i fell off the face of the earth. I catch them from time to time (mostly the online people) on the weekends, when they can stay up late. But they've already done their gaming/drinking/party for the night, and i only get a handful of minutes before the party winds down and people start heading to bed.

I was fairly content with the work situation before my vacation, but now that my eyes are open and i realize the life i'm forefitting in exchange for work, it's hitting me hard. I'm almost 30, and my friends are living their lives right before mine. Out of state trips, camping and fishing expeditions. Marriages, kids, deaths in the family. All of it is taking a backseat to my career, and i'm being left on the sidelines. A decent relationship also has yet to be found, and it's not going to get easier to find in my 30's.

May this rant serve not only as decent bathroom reading material, but as a potential cry for help. Hopefully it doesn't hit too close to home with anyone else reading this.

I lasted four months working an overnight job. I thought I could do it 'cause I've always been a night person and also not a people person. But working overnight is completely different from just being up all night. It's horrible for you physically and mentally. Good luck man. My life definitely improved immediately once I got out of that job.

I really miss being able to stay up until 4 sometimes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I looked all over for this thread THANK you fore bringing her back I have had a lot of thoughts (not all of them within the specified safe time zone) most importantly using the bathroom into a simple bucket might not be the solution