Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Brut posted:

Yeah there definitely needs to be at least 1 MMA mod, for what it's worth I've generally felt that J-ru has been doing a great job being that 1 MMA mod, I don't go in to the wrestling threads at all thus have absolutely no idea what his involvement in them is in terms of posting, obviously he was taking reports from everywhere before Junpei came along.

For the same reasons I also have no idea how many mods the wrestling part of the forum requires, though just off the top of my head 5 sounds like too many, especially if the reasoning for it is "GBS has 5-6 mods", if this place is anywhere near as busy as GBS I just don't know anything at all about this website.
Most of Fight Island is wrestling threads already and probably where most of the reports come from :v: If there's not an MMA-centered mod I vote we strap Junpei down to a chair ask her politely to watch 100 hours of MMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5 active mods would be overkill but 5 mods who all pitch in a bit and don't have to see it as a legit job doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It all depends on how much people want to shoulder. The sub-subforums of GBS have two mods each along with the 6 GBS mods, and those sub-subforums usually have 1/5 to 1/8 the users of this sub-subforum which is more popular than its parent subforum that has 2 mods. Don't remember what I am saying. 3 mods. See ya

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 27, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

5 active mods would be overkill but 5 mods who all pitch in a bit and don't have to see it as a legit job doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It all depends on how much people want to shoulder. The sub-subforums of GBS have two mods each along with the 6 GBS mods, and those sub-subforums usually have 1/5 to 1/8 the users of this sub-subforum which is more popular than its parent subforum that has 2 mods. Don't remember what I am saying. 3 mods. See ya

I'm seriously empty quoting this because I feel the same.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the mod should be Seth Rollins, or Drew McEntyre

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I have poured a salt ring around this post as a protective ward against the curse of being a mod. Emptyquote this post to protect yourself as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bluedeanie posted:

I have poured a salt ring around this post as a protective ward against the curse of being a mod. Emptyquote this post to protect yourself as well

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Most of Fight Island is wrestling threads already and probably where most of the reports come from :v: If there's not an MMA-centered mod I vote we strap Junpei down to a chair ask her politely to watch 100 hours of MMA.

I watch STREETBEEFS sometimes does that count

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also I've just realised this is the first time I've ever posted with our MMA posters. It's like two different primitive tribes on an island (a fight island?) finally discovering each other. Hi friends, I hope you enjoy your strikemans and grapplewomens!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Rarity posted:

Also I've just realised this is the first time I've ever posted with our MMA posters. It's like two different primitive tribes on an island (a fight island?) finally discovering each other. Hi friends, I hope you enjoy your strikemans and grapplewomens!

I guess this is the first time I've realized I tune out 90% of the threads in this forum (I don't watch wrestling, no other reason) and only looked at the MMA ones.

I think the MMA threads have been overall pretty normal for the last year and haven't needed extra mod attention. J-ru has done a great job being a mod in the rare times when it's been necessary.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bluedeanie posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Junpei Hyde posted:

I watch STREETBEEFS sometimes does that count

No, Streetbeefs isn't quite regressive & exploitative enough to be MMA, sorry.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

burt bant

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=91513

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Mod everyone in the subforum whether they like it or not

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I’m an admin now, do what I say.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wendell posted:

I’m an admin now, do what I say.

Well that's clearly not true, if you were a true admin you'd be saying nothing to the plebs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Clearly the mod should be chosen by which one has the best story, an award-winning TV show told me so

And who has a better story ... than Cavauro The Broken

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Benne posted:

literally anybody, even you

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Benne posted:

Clearly the mod should be chosen by which one has the best story, an award-winning TV show told me so

If we get Broken Cavauro do we also have to mod Spot Monkey Cavauro, Cavauro Version 1, Unkillable Cavauro, and Big Money Cavauro?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I just wanted to not bbe a moderator.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wouldn't want to be the kind of mod SA seems to want.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

funny to nominate me?? read em and weep:

Chris James 2
TTBF
CarlCX
Mekchu
LobsterMobster
MassRafTer
Incessant Excess
Return of Hulkamatt
Pinche Rudo
Blaise330
yea ok
CommonShore

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more names are to follow if i am bullied further

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Camauro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

more names are to follow if i am bullied further

get their asses

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

funny to nominate me?? read em and weep:

Chris James 2
TTBF
CarlCX
Mekchu
LobsterMobster
MassRafTer
Incessant Excess
Return of Hulkamatt
Pinche Rudo
Blaise330
yea ok
CommonShore

I second this list

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bluedeanie posted:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

My take on the mod situation here is if 5 is too many (it is), 2 wrestling and 2 MMA mods might work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5 wrestling, 5 MMA

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cavauro posted:

5 wrestling, 5 MMA

Where are we gonna find two more active mma posters on somethingawful

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
there should be three heel mods and three face mods

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm an mma expert.
Kevin Ferguson

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Make Oatgan come back against his will

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

If we added another mod, I'd rather they be one of the MMA posters, me and J ru have less of a knowledge of that area

Don't you put that curse on us Junpei!

Really all the MMA crew need is an IK for the UFC/B-League threads and the GDT threads.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Seth Rollins posted:

there should be three heel mods and three face mods

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I watched a bunch of early Pride events and think that's what all of MMA should be - vote for me in the next mod elections.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every time there's a dispute the Fight Island General Manager should make the mods fight in a tag team match playa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

J-Ro posted:

I watched a bunch of early Pride events and think that's what all of MMA should be - vote for me in the next mod elections.

Uhhhh a bunch of us have been referring to Jerusalem as J-Ru so seeing a poster literally named J-Ro is confusing as gently caress.