Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

It's good! I prefer lighter roasts and this is nice. If I have dark roast, then it's either Sumatra or Colombian.
Unless I get splergy and spend grocery money on Kona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Waals Vander posted:

hello i am still here posting away

this guy gets it

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

dark roats ftw

cda

by Hand Knit
My mind was blown when I learned that dark roasts have less caffeine than light roasts. I thought it would be the other way around

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

cda posted:

My mind was blown when I learned that dark roasts have less caffeine than light roasts. I thought it would be the other way around

in a dark roast the extra caffeine is converted into pure flavor

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
my favorite movie is good will hunting

Manifisto

cda posted:

same, and learning that lighter roasts have lots of complex flavor notes that get burned out in heavy roasting

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

cda posted:

Wait, what? You mandela effecting me? ARE YOU A BEARSTIEN BEAR!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

wearing a lampshade

I like light roast specifically because my palette has been traumatized by those extra extra dark roasts that were popular a few years ago. They tasted like burnt rear end!! All of them!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Alright, I just ordered a light roast coffee- hopefully it motivates me to do the things

xcheopis

albany academy posted:

I like light roast specifically because my palette has been traumatized by those extra extra dark roasts that were popular a few years ago. They tasted like burnt rear end!! All of them!!!

Yes. I have a couple that I like well enough but vastly prefer light or medium.
Plus, the caffeine thing. My ochem professor got his phd at UC Berkeley and Berkeley is the nucleation point for Peet's. As we were practicing extracting caffeine from tea, he told us fun facts about it, including having worked out how many regular-size cups of Peet's you'd have to drink in an hour for a deadly caffeine overdose and it wasn't all that many.

nut

I love dark roast but I might have been drinking dirt in a cup and not coffee at all

Manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Alright, I just ordered a light roast coffee- hopefully it motivates me to do the things

good move!

personally for lighter roasts I am fond of like panama or costa rica, they work well that way

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Costa Rica coffee is great!

nut

I prefer costa little :smug:

xcheopis

nut posted:

I prefer costa little :smug:

It's not that expensive.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Costa Rica coffee is great!

Can't go wrong with a good Costa Rican coffee!
I got some medium roasted Yemeni coffee recently and it was soooo gooood (and expensive so I didn't get much) but so gooood.

Mummy Napkin
man am I a coffee simpleton over here drinking Nescafé tasters choice instant

Finger Prince

I made not-tabbouleh tonight with quinoa and a shitload cilantro instead of bulgur wheat and parsley and it was loving Tasty.

Ayin

Have a great day.
omg byob, the first of the raspberries in the backyard have finished! I picked a dozen and there's like 60 more ripening, this week is gonna be amazing

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Can't go wrong with a good Costa Rican coffee!
I got some medium roasted Yemeni coffee recently and it was soooo gooood (and expensive so I didn't get much) but so gooood.

*slowly typing into my phone's notes app"
Yema Yenenii Yemenoi gently caress!

(stupid phone)

Manifisto

Ayin posted:

omg byob, the first of the raspberries in the backyard have finished! I picked a dozen and there's like 60 more ripening, this week is gonna be amazing

fresh raspberries, actually in general berries off the plant, are amazing

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

I made not-tabbouleh tonight with quinoa and a shitload cilantro instead of bulgur wheat and parsley and it was loving Tasty.

Same proportions? I'm ok with cilantro but it's easily overwhelming for me.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Same proportions? I'm ok with cilantro but it's easily overwhelming for me.

So I prefer tabbouleh that's mostly parsley and not much wheat, but a lot of the time the stuff you get premade at salad bars and stuff is mostly wheat with a bit of parsley. This was closer to the latter. Actually hold on, there's leftovers...

Ingredients are 1 rice cooker cup of quinoa (I cooked it with some chicken bullion), a good fist full of cilantro, about 1/3 a 400ml can of fire roasted tomatoes, some dice white onion, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, some Olive oil and lemon juice to taste.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 28, 2020

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

So I prefer tabbouleh that's mostly parsley and not much wheat, but a lot of the time the stuff you get premade at salad bars and stuff is mostly wheat with a bit of parsley. This was closer to the latter. Actually hold on, there's leftovers...

Oooo, that does look good!

Heather Papps

hello friend

blueberry picking is one of the best things in the world, i think

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

:glomp:

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

Depends if there's bears. Or, if you're a bear, if there's people.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have only encountered one bear while picking and we both sorta looked at each other and went about our business, but there are only little black bears around here

raspberries in my backyard are doing well also, but i imagine i'm more north than currently ripening plants

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

cultivated blueberries are fine but wild blueberries are really where it's at. different varieties of blueberry live side by side in the wild, if you pick a bunch you will get a lot of different flavors mixed together. wild blueberry pie is amazing, a real treat.

ty nesamdoom!

Dixville

I don't think!
Hey guys i took a break from the internet for like a week and I just wanted to say, thanks for still being here :glomp:

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

i have only encountered one bear while picking and we both sorta looked at each other and went about our business, but there are only little black bears around here

raspberries in my backyard are doing well also, but i imagine i'm more north than currently ripening plants

In my mind, you shared a nod of understanding that you were both engaged what you both agreed is the best thing in the world.

Manifisto

Dixville posted:

Hey guys i took a break from the internet for like a week and I just wanted to say, thanks for still being here :glomp:

hi dixville welcome back!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

hi dixville welcome back!

FlaxAxis

sup #entitlitos
I also have blueberries to pick. cultivated, not wild. processed several quarts of concentrate today

vanisher = sig champ

wearing a lampshade

Finger Prince posted:

Ingredients are 1 rice cooker cup of quinoa (I cooked it with some chicken bullion), a good fist full of cilantro, about 1/3 a 400ml can of fire roasted tomatoes, some dice white onion, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, some Olive oil and lemon juice to taste.

yum thanks

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hi im going to lurk though if youd rather i didn't, i promise you that i will not.

hi how are you ♥

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hi im going to lurk though if youd rather i didn't, i promise you that i will not.

i will agree to not quote you if you agree to keep lurking tia

e: however if you want to :justpost: i won't judge

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

xcheopis

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I, for one, would like to see your posts!

Pets? Proof will be required.
Best personal crime caper?
Need a pretty sig or new av?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
It's fruity beer time :guinness: