Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Me, a genius- "When someone wants to do something for any reason, it is inherently a selfish act because it comes from their own thoughts and not someone else's"

this reminds me of my abusive mother when i asked for therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jonah Galtberg posted:

agreed but aren’t you one of the regulars?

I would never read a thread where I was one of the regulars tbh

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

how can transpeople want to abolish capitalism, when they themselves are made of capitalism
It's interesting how TERFs can become revolutionary communists for precisely as long as it takes to argue that transpeople are capitalism, then immediately go back to knifing each other for tenure.

Paffgen posted:

Before True Anon I first recognized Liz from seeing her avi constantly in the replies of Aimee, Anna K and all the other bright bulbs in that realm of the twitter lady left and while she's not as dumb as those two she seems like a horrible judge of character, kind of a suck up, and is def keeping some unpopular opinions of hers on the dl. What can you do? No hate for Liz really, but she did make a tweet like "drat my girls chat should be a movie :p" and for that alone (and stanning Disney parks) she deserves a little internet backlash for her hubris.

The full essay is linked on the True Anon reddit in a massive thread over there. Before even getting to the later points in that essay it sucks so bad, the author spends 700 words reminiscing about a conversation about a mole she had with her plastic surgeon father. Also to get petty, I googled her name to see if she had anything else to read and her rate your professor showed up and those kids hate her.
im permabanned user amberstomper89,

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 17:44 on Jun 26, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

killer mike went on nina turner's podcast and it ruled

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol at Will doing some lib defense of Grant while completely ignoring what he did to Native Americans

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

lol at Will doing some lib defense of Grant while completely ignoring what he did to Native Americans

sherman too

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

podcasters expressing worry one day that yes, they will want to gently caress the statue of you in the square :wink:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmfao

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
New This is Sus. Billions is a good show but it has gone off the rails in the latest season.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Chapos: The American Empire is evil and all vestiges of it should be destroyed

Also Chapos: Destroying this vestige of American Empire is actually bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://soundcloud.com/poddamnamerica/teaser-hardcore-anderslee-the-uncivil-war-w-matt-christman

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i think they were taking the convo in an interesting direction before they got diverted talking about the villages yet again. it does matter that this has gone from a proto revolutionary insurrection against the police state to quibbling over statues, and who voices cleveland brown. like menaker suggested, if this diversion into furious argument over aesthetic preference isn't a fed op then you can bet the feds are learning lessons about how useful it is as a diffusing tactic.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

i was put aback that they were defending statues at all

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Being down on messing with statues is okay, I guess, but only if you think there should be more burning police stations, or maybe banks, instead.

thotsky has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Jun 27, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

quote:

Matt knows a lot about the Civil War, man. drat, man. Was he there or something? drat.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Matt admitted that when he was a lib he always wanted to do Civil War reenactments were it not for his hobble

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think they were taking the convo in an interesting direction before they got diverted talking about the villages yet again. it does matter that this has gone from a proto revolutionary insurrection against the police state to quibbling over statues, and who voices cleveland brown. like menaker suggested, if this diversion into furious argument over aesthetic preference isn't a fed op then you can bet the feds are learning lessons about how useful it is as a diffusing tactic.

Except it hasn't. The reason the statues are getting attention because it's the closest the right has to having any sort of legitimate grievance with the protests. It's not like people are protesting specifically to have them removed, they're literally just pulling down statues while they're out in streets.

It seems like the ultimate issue they have with the protests is that it's not being organized by a formalized political party. Since there's no legitimized body with stated goals directing the protests, they can't accomplish anything, even as experiments. It really doesn't help their case that their characterization of protests make it sound like they're all Extinction Rebellion performance pieces or that people are specifically protesting Big Mouth having white people voice non-white characters.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

thinking back to Matt's appearance on BOS and his stunned inability to say what kind of nerdy stuff he was into as a kid. "no, i wasn't into cartoons. no, not videogames either. i can't...i can't remember liking anything!!"

then months later on some other podcast he referred to this moment as a personal crisis that made him concerned he was a soulless changeling, until he remembered the correct answer: the civil war.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Except it hasn't. The reason the statues are getting attention because it's the closest the right has to having any sort of legitimate grievance with the protests. It's not like people are protesting specifically to have them removed, they're literally just pulling down statues while they're out in streets.

there literally are protests being organized specifically to tear down statues. I'm fine with that, and even actively supported some of those protests.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

getting mad at statues being taken down is not a “legitimate grievance” lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also somehow that you can't tell people that blonde and blue eyed jesus is racist because of the 1st amendment lol

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
mm, I came this close to getting my co-host mad as hell about statues but it would have added another 10 minutes to my recording and thus another 45 minutes of actual work to make it sound good

instead, i will do that with pizzagate next weekend

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

MizPiz posted:

It seems like the ultimate issue they have with the protests is that it's not being organized by a formalized political party. Since there's no legitimized body with stated goals directing the protests, they can't accomplish anything, even as experiments. It really doesn't help their case that their characterization of protests make it sound like they're all Extinction Rebellion performance pieces or that people are specifically protesting Big Mouth having white people voice non-white characters.

yeah this feels right

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gio posted:

That's why I said it's the closest they have to one

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gio posted:

It is if they try to take down the Robocop statue. :colbert:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

prefect posted:

Robocop is a good cop because he's technically a dead cop

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Trabisnikof posted:

Grant named the first Native America Secretary of Indian Affairs. Like a lot of his presidency though he got hosed over by the corrupt establishment and didn't have the political know-how/guts to do what was right in the end.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Grant named the first Native America Secretary of Indian Affairs. Like a lot of his presidency though he got hosed over by the corrupt establishment and didn't have the political know-how/guts to do what was right in the end.

yeah exactly lol that’s the lib poo poo I’m talking about. Like the idea that he appointed one dude a job so that makes the atrocities ok.

Like next I expect to hear how “at the time, it was normal to think like that” which is the classic defense of Dixie and what makes it so drat funny.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

MizPiz posted:

That's why I said it's the closest they have to one

yeah i dont think they can be bothered defending every single clip of a cop committing a war crime so its just statues and antifa paranoia

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
hi goons - please roast my podcast, be unkind, lemme know what's good if there is anything!!!

https://caseyjonespod.wordpress.com/2020/06/27/episode-4-the-roasting-of-hinterland-feat-henry-kissinger/

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Trabisnikof posted:

yeah exactly lol that’s the lib poo poo I’m talking about. Like the idea that he appointed one dude a job so that makes the atrocities ok.

Like next I expect to hear how “at the time, it was normal to think like that” which is the classic defense of Dixie and what makes it so drat funny.

Nah not really, I was more making the point that Grant was slightly better but also a political coward.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

prefect posted:

will you die for the Bronze Fonz

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i just call it The Bronz

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

i just call it The Bronz

:eyepop:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

prefect posted:

unfortunately i dont think that ever went through

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Gio posted:

unfortunately i dont think that ever went through

Fortunately, you're wrong. They worked on it over a decade and were about to finish and install it when the coronavirus struck. So it's safe from antifa thugs in some warehouse right now, but it'll be up sooner or later

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Fortunately, you're wrong. They worked on it over a decade and were about to finish and install it when the coronavirus struck. So it's safe from antifa thugs in some warehouse right now, but it'll be up sooner or later

oh nice hell yeah

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I can’t decide if I’m happy that the statue is ready to go up or sad that we won’t get to watch it be torn down. like if you’re protesting police you’re not gonna NOT tear down robocop.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Champagne Sharks with Corey Robin was real good, but I only listened to the free one. T has frustrated me in some of his Chapo appearances, but he's pretty good in an interview/conversation format. especially since I'm not expecting any jokes from it. Finally gonna listen to that Wilderson interview lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the virgin Tiabbi: wading into culture wars during a pandemic and mass uprising
the chad Ames and Dolan: educating the masses about Cuba in order to understand the best way to destroy the Anglo Empire