Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ablative posted:

That's because the UNSC is the military. The greater governing body is the UEG.

i actually didnt know this. Still find it kinda weird though.

Carnaticum posted:

The Incucbus track that plays during the heretic banshee section actually kinda owns so much- its different but it uses the same scales as the main soundtrack. The anniversary track is generic modern progressive metal track #9 and feels so out of place. Its djent muzak.

actually its called flip and its a descendant of some centuries old trash called metal

its sgt johnsons favorite

the outside tracks for halo 2 actually owned though. the incubus one on arbiter especially. the only dowbside to playing h2 anniversary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wow that opening cutscene on Halo 2 anniversary was shiiiiiit. The rest of the Blur cutscenes are really loving good though.

Is multiplayer dead on PC? I can't find ranked matches, just a handful of social games.

Who the hell designed the UI menus for this collection? You pick one option and others change, you can only pick 8v8 or 4v4 game options, setting it to "any" doesn't actually provide "any" since it only does "any" 4v4 game types. You can alter control settings on a game by game basis but visuals are shared across all games even if the enhanced graphics option looks awful on CE anniversary.

For video games all being built on computers, some studios have no idea how to port things to PC very well. Gameplay wise the port is fine but the UI is a disaster

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I finished CE Anniversary. Man, do I not miss the fight near the end of Two Betrayals where you take on two wraiths, 20 grunts, five elites and a pair of hunters. I ended up saying screw it, ran around the back and grabbed a banshee and just flew off to get the level over with.
The anniversary graphics really do ruin the second half of the game's atmosphere, don't they? It's hard to feel like you've been dropped into a horror shooter when the hallways are all pristine and the bloodstain textures are all removed. Lo-fi horror is definitely a thing and Combat Evolved evoked that really well in 2001.
Shotgun remains the best in the series, no question. Fast reloads, tight spread and medium ranged.

So, Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. I was not expecting that. I thought it would be just Halo 2 multiplayer but with the Anniversary visuals. Nope, it looks and feels a lot more like Halo 4 or 5 the few times I played them on Xbone. Interesting vibe, like it's a hybrid of the old Halo 2 and the 343 games in terms of speed and variety.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Heads-up: Everyone signed up with Halo Insider (with a verified email address that's opted into communications) will be let into the Halo 3 test flight tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1273770446513569792

Speaking of, modders have been poking around, and apparently it looks like they're adding cosmetics to... Halo 1?
https://i.imgur.com/T2kiXZm.mp4
There's supposedly an option to turn them off outright, so they're almost certainly not going to be microtransactions. Probably unlocks for the next Season, whenever that happens.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I played a few Halo 3 games on PC when the flight came out. It's pretty much on point but still got loving destroyed though. I forgot how to play Halo for a bit. The lack of movement really tests your aim and it's nice to go back.

Edit: Ok, seems there's a big hit reg problem on PC with M&K. I was wondering how the gently caress I was doing so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4

RBX fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 19, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Played some more Halo 2 anniversary. This is definitely more of what an anniversary remaster should be like. It looks incredible. Maybe not the most technically advanced looking remaster, but it succeeds in a key field which is that it manages to look like how I remember Halo 2 looking back then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
That's a really good way to put it. Halo 1 anniversary looks like "Halo 1 if it were designed by 343" but Halo 2 is "The Original but better"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat, the Incubus track doesn't play during the first Arbiter level unless you're on OG graphics. The new track does not fit the mood at all.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

drat, the Incubus track doesn't play during the first Arbiter level unless you're on OG graphics. The new track does not fit the mood at all.

The new track is bland as gently caress. I switched to the old graphics for the incubus track. I did the same thing for the Arbiter Mausoleum battle to get “Blow me Away”.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Why would you even replace the Incubus tracks? They're amazing!

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Vichan posted:

Why would you even replace the Incubus tracks? They're amazing!

I think it had to do with issues licensing the old tracks for a new project.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Halo 3 is looking good
https://youtu.be/v0xYjlS5iCQ

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

jivjov posted:

That's a really good way to put it. Halo 1 anniversary looks like "Halo 1 if it were designed by 343" but Halo 2 is "The Original but better"

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Halo 2 Anniversary makes Halo 2 look like it's all low res LOD textures. There are other differences, but it largely feels like a really good texture pack that's bringing a game meant to play at like 480 into 1080 Halo: CE Anniversary is a pile of hot garbage. That is ugly and feels like it frequently was made with mass replacements that were applied over the whole level with not a lot of oversight. I think partially it's the Halo 2 was stretching the very limit of the original Xbox and Halo:CE was a lot simpler. You can see the limits of the machine in Halo 2, but Halo:CE doesn't really come close and does a lot with simple effects, and they were very creative with that simplicity. The CE Anniversary graphics feels like they went "we can have how much bullshit on screen at once? FILL THAT SCREEN SPACE NOW, without any real consideration for how each level or area was meant to work.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

343 guilty spark is the worst because in the original it’s supposed to be a dark, creepy swamp. With the anniversary graphics on it looks like a goddamn disco club with all the needlessly bright lighting and completely ruins the mood of the level.

Meanwhile in Halo 2, Delta Halo looks goddamn Fantastic and Sacred Icon, while a little too bright still maintains the same dark atmosphere.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I think it had to do with issues licensing the old tracks for a new project.

Nope, still there. Just have to be in the original graphics for it to play. You can tap a button and have Incubus/Breaking Benjamin segue in if you want (and of course you want to).

I think its just because 343 was needlessly doing a new soundtrack when the original still sounds phenomenal, so they also just rerecorded new stuff in addition to featuring licensed content.

Just because.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think the other issue is that the visuals and audio for Halo 2 anniversary are tied together in a weird way, so you can't use OG sound effects and score with updated visuals.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Honestly that was the only dealbreaker for me, there's just something off about the sound effects/music 343 did for the remastered settings.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Carnaticum posted:

I think its just because 343 was needlessly doing a new soundtrack when the original still sounds phenomenal, so they also just rerecorded new stuff in addition to featuring licensed content.
IIRC the new music that replaces the old licensed music in Anniversary Mode was done by a guest musician (Misha Mansoor from Periphery), so I guess they were trying to keep to the spirit of having external music in a Halo game rather than the letter? I dunno.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I checked out the story for Halo Wars 2 and I actually rather liked it. It's by no means great but it's by far the best game story to come out during the 343 ownership of the series. I thought the first Halo Wars game had a story that really just existed to throw out fanservice and a blur studios fight scene, and it didn't leave much of an impression.

It's neat then that Red Team, Cutter, Anders, Isabel, Atriox and the two fuckup Brute brothers from the DLC are far more compelling and entertaining than anyone fr Halo 4 or 5 besides Roland and Lasky. Red Team especially might be my favourite group of Spartans. They all kick major rear end, have fun personalities and generally fit the larger than life heroes appearance you want to see from Spartans. They're not the dour, boring Noble Team or the fratboys from Majestic or the complete non-characters of Blue and Osiris.

Also the Banished are way cooler than the stupid Jul M'Dama Covenant forces because Atriox is a big ham in a good way even if Isabel was playing hype man a tad too much. I'm happy they're going to be in Halo Infinite since it might be the first time in a long time that the campaign enemies might be fun to fight.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Playing CE on Legendary for the first time. The difficulty feels pretty front loaded so far. Truth and Reconciliation was INCREDIBLY hard. It didn't help that so many enemies would spawn behind you once you walked down a narrow corridor long enough. Everything after it has been a cake walk so far, comparatively. Assault on the Control Room was sort of difficult but that level felt twice as long as it needed to be and all the same-y rooms got tiresome quick. Nice end of level though.

Some thoughts from it so far:
-Plasma Pistol is actually great outside of overcharge shots. Doesn't have the oomph of the human pistol, but rapid fire is very effective against grunts and jackals. Its usefulness has been the biggest surprise so far.
-Plasma Rifle is something I prefer over the Assault Rifle. I can actually kill a red elite with a full "clip" at close range.
-With elites in mind, fighting the red ones at medium to long range is a nightmare with non hitscan weapons. Those guys are way too jumpy and the Assault Rifle tickles them.
-Seriously how am I supposed to use the Assault Rifle? It *seems* more accurate when used in a semi auto/burst fashion, but that might just be in my head. Its okay against the flood so far, especially with those little swarmy things.
-Needler is pretty lame. I can sometimes pincushion a red elite out in the open, but more often than not they'll overpower me with their plasma rifles and ill die moments before they explode.
-Still really bad with aiming plasma grenades onto red elites. It is satisfying when it clings. I have to switch to classic graphics mode to be sure it doesn't collide with a tree that is actually larger than it looks, or if a rock is shaped differently.
-Rocket launcher kinda sucks, to my surprise. Red elites can eat a direct hit from one, the radius doesn't seem too great, and the rocket travels pretty slow.
-I feel like a dirty cheat when the game spawns a pair of hunters and i juke & dispatch them with one bullet each.
-Being flanked is constantly a threat and come to think of it, not too many games have AI that does that. I admire it, even if it causes me to die a zillion times.

Revisiting halo 10 years later has been interesting. I always wanted to Legendary as a pre-teen but lacked the patience for it. It doesn't feel too artificially hard (minus the annoying spawns behind you) and I play around way more with weapons and learn all their little quirks. It also feels more appropriate thematically, because countless videogames give their fodder enemies descriptions/bios that overstate their danger. On legendary, grunts are actually a pretty significant threat in groups of 3. Jackals are hardly pushovers either.

Cool stuff so far. Looking forward to Halo 2, which I also have a lot of preteen memories with.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I checked out the story for Halo Wars 2 and I actually rather liked it. It's by no means great but it's by far the best game story to come out during the 343 ownership of the series. I thought the first Halo Wars game had a story that really just existed to throw out fanservice and a blur studios fight scene, and it didn't leave much of an impression.

It's neat then that Red Team, Cutter, Anders, Isabel, Atriox and the two fuckup Brute brothers from the DLC are far more compelling and entertaining than anyone fr Halo 4 or 5 besides Roland and Lasky. Red Team especially might be my favourite group of Spartans. They all kick major rear end, have fun personalities and generally fit the larger than life heroes appearance you want to see from Spartans. They're not the dour, boring Noble Team or the fratboys from Majestic or the complete non-characters of Blue and Osiris.

Also the Banished are way cooler than the stupid Jul M'Dama Covenant forces because Atriox is a big ham in a good way even if Isabel was playing hype man a tad too much. I'm happy they're going to be in Halo Infinite since it might be the first time in a long time that the campaign enemies might be fun to fight.

Honestly I didn't get too deep into it because PC problems (also a lot of XGP stuff can be... buggy), I just found the whole "these guys made the COVENANT SCARED" thing was pretty fuckin' cringe and lame. If it was a smaller group that was a splinter faction from the disintegrating covenant, who were really only a problem for US and broken down piece of poo poo ship, I might feel differently about it. I didn't care for Atriox's intro either, I get the whole 'the bad guy wins the first encounter' thing, but he was basically unscathed against three Spartans, who generally speaking, are the deadliest weapons on the ground in the universe. I just generally found it unbelievable in the universe of the series. The Spartans basically suffered 0 casualties without counting things like "orbital death from above" or "nukes" or "heroic sacrifice" or some combination of all three. After we basically ripped the covenant apart in a matter of weeks, making them scary bad guys doesn't work. Dangerous bad guys, in this moment with what we have here vs what they have here can work. But after you've instigated a civil war between the main military factions, allied with the better one, and beat the rest of them through a judicious use of decapitation strikes and ancient super weapons (also I thought the ark got blow'd up when turned on halo at the end of Halo 3, but i guess not), the covenant remnant forces aren't really scary to me.

Maybe I should see if it's still on XGP and I can remember what kind of fuckery I had to do to get it working again, I'll try it again. I just got through the first couple of levels and found the whole set up to be kinda dumb.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
June Dev Update! This is a big one.

• Halo 3 flight has resulted in ~100 different bugfixes, including character model player emblems actually being the player's emblem.
  • Halo Reach Audio Bugs Will Be Fixed Alongside Halo 3's Release! Both games used a weird emulation of the 360 versions' Waves DSP software, this has been replaced with a native port of the original software to x64. There'll also be various sound bug fixes for the Halo 3 DLC maps.
  • Getting right into the gritty of Halo 3's hitreg issues, their cause, and what's being done about it.
  • Surprise! Halo 3's getting a new skull: "Acrophobia", which enables a jetpack by double-tapping jump, ala Halo 4's Jumper-Jumper control setting. This is actually evolved from an old debug cheat!
  • Surprise-ish! The Halo 3 launch will bring about Season 2, with over 100 new pieces of cosmetic tat to unlock slightly less sequentially than before. These new pieces are custom player model visor, weapon and vehicle textures for Halo 1 multiplayer. Don't worry, you can turn these custom skins off if you prefer the Old Ways.
  • Oh, also, Halo 3 player customisation is being restored to the level of detail (seperate helmet, chest etc.) of the original Xbox 360 release, instead of preconfigured sets.
  • Forge will be coming to PC alongside Halo 3, but File Share won't be available at launch so the system can be strenghened and cross-plat-ified. Don't worry too much though, you can just share your game modes and maps as standard PC files on any given website.
  • A number of the matte paintings in the Halo 3 cutscenes have been uprezzed from the original source art to look right on a 4k display. One of them is actually a finished version that never quite made it onto the final Halo 3 360 disk, which shipped using an unfinished version!
  • All future limited-time events will be done through the new Challenge system, meaning no more waiting for 343 to manually give everyone their new nameplates.
  • A number of features from Halo Reach's version of Forge have been backported to Halo 3's Forge to make building poo poo easier.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SpookyLizard posted:

Honestly I didn't get too deep into it because PC problems (also a lot of XGP stuff can be... buggy), I just found the whole "these guys made the COVENANT SCARED" thing was pretty fuckin' cringe and lame. If it was a smaller group that was a splinter faction from the disintegrating covenant, who were really only a problem for US and broken down piece of poo poo ship, I might feel differently about it. I didn't care for Atriox's intro either, I get the whole 'the bad guy wins the first encounter' thing, but he was basically unscathed against three Spartans, who generally speaking, are the deadliest weapons on the ground in the universe. I just generally found it unbelievable in the universe of the series. The Spartans basically suffered 0 casualties without counting things like "orbital death from above" or "nukes" or "heroic sacrifice" or some combination of all three. After we basically ripped the covenant apart in a matter of weeks, making them scary bad guys doesn't work. Dangerous bad guys, in this moment with what we have here vs what they have here can work. But after you've instigated a civil war between the main military factions, allied with the better one, and beat the rest of them through a judicious use of decapitation strikes and ancient super weapons (also I thought the ark got blow'd up when turned on halo at the end of Halo 3, but i guess not), the covenant remnant forces aren't really scary to me.

Maybe I should see if it's still on XGP and I can remember what kind of fuckery I had to do to get it working again, I'll try it again. I just got through the first couple of levels and found the whole set up to be kinda dumb.

The whole setup for Halo Wars 2 makes it more entertaining for me. Like I said, I found Atriox's hype from Isabel to be a bit much, but he's still a fun antagonist, as are Pavium and Voridus. I also like seeing humanity as the underdogs, so having the Spirit of Fire and Spartans in outdated mk IV armour going up against the strongest covenant splinter faction made for a more engaging conflict than 4 or 5. As for Spartans, I dunno, I guess I like seeing them be capable but vulnerable, and considering the huge leap between mk IV and mk V Mjolnir suits with the introduction of shields, I'm willing to give the first fight to Atriox.

The UNSC Infinity is really dumb and I've never been a fan of Humanity suddenly becoming a superpower mere years after a decades long war that almost ended in humanity's extinction. Throwing everything the UNSC has into a single super mega battleship with hundreds of Spartans is just dumb. Spartan IIIs were already pushing it but they at least made the distinction that they were supposed to be kamikaze operatives compared to durable supersoldiers like the IIs, but the Spartan IV program is laaaaaame.

Maybe I'm just partial to The Banished because I find the covenant remnants interesting. My favourite pice of halo fiction outside the games is the short story "The Return", after all. Watching former religious fanatics come to terms with their horrific past actions and try to find a new purpose in life is way more compelling to me than super AIs trying to take over the universe and the space CIA acting like complete douchebags to the alien defectors who just saved your rear end.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arcsquad12 posted:

Halo Wars 1 and 2 are legitimately good, though the gameplay's a little simple I kind of like that. It's a casual rts and it's fun to just move your doomwall of ODSTs, Scorpions, and Vultures against the doomwall of suicide grunts, wraiths, and hunters.

Also the cutscenes and artstyle are cooler and more fun than 4 and 5's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Kins posted:

June Dev Update! This is a big one.

• Halo 3 flight has resulted in ~100 different bugfixes, including character model player emblems actually being the player's emblem.
  • Halo Reach Audio Bugs Will Be Fixed Alongside Halo 3's Release! Both games used a weird emulation of the 360 versions' Waves DSP software, this has been replaced with a native port of the original software to x64. There'll also be various sound bug fixes for the Halo 3 DLC maps.
  • Getting right into the gritty of Halo 3's hitreg issues, their cause, and what's being done about it.
  • Surprise! Halo 3's getting a new skull: "Acrophobia", which enables a jetpack by double-tapping jump, ala Halo 4's Jumper-Jumper control setting. This is actually evolved from an old debug cheat!
  • Surprise-ish! The Halo 3 launch will bring about Season 2, with over 100 new pieces of cosmetic tat to unlock slightly less sequentially than before. These new pieces are custom player model visor, weapon and vehicle textures for Halo 1 multiplayer. Don't worry, you can turn these custom skins off if you prefer the Old Ways.
  • Oh, also, Halo 3 player customisation is being restored to the level of detail (seperate helmet, chest etc.) of the original Xbox 360 release, instead of preconfigured sets.
  • Forge will be coming to PC alongside Halo 3, but File Share won't be available at launch so the system can be strenghened and cross-plat-ified. Don't worry too much though, you can just share your game modes and maps as standard PC files on any given website.
  • A number of the matte paintings in the Halo 3 cutscenes have been uprezzed from the original source art to look right on a 4k display. One of them is actually a finished version that never quite made it onto the final Halo 3 360 disk, which shipped using an unfinished version!
  • All future limited-time events will be done through the new Challenge system, meaning no more waiting for 343 to manually give everyone their new nameplates.
  • A number of features from Halo Reach's version of Forge have been backported to Halo 3's Forge to make building poo poo easier.
Awesome, we're finally getting a bunch of stuff that should've been in the Reach launch back at launch!

Sorry that sounds really cynical. I just had such high hopes for the game at launch and thought I'd be playing it a bunch, but the iffy state it launched in compounded with the quickly dwindling playerbase as a result of that iffy state killed my early enthusiasm, and I haven't even booted up the collection since December. But with Forge finally being added and all these changes for 3, it might be time to do so once more.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 1, 2020

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how 'seasons' work; with them moving from S1 to S2, does this mean anything unearned in S1 will be unaccessible?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

spincube posted:

I'm not sure how 'seasons' work; with them moving from S1 to S2, does this mean anything unearned in S1 will be unaccessible?
No, all the season one stuff will remain attainable.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

The whole setup for Halo Wars 2 makes it more entertaining for me. Like I said, I found Atriox's hype from Isabel to be a bit much, but he's still a fun antagonist, as are Pavium and Voridus. I also like seeing humanity as the underdogs, so having the Spirit of Fire and Spartans in outdated mk IV armour going up against the strongest covenant splinter faction made for a more engaging conflict than 4 or 5. As for Spartans, I dunno, I guess I like seeing them be capable but vulnerable, and considering the huge leap between mk IV and mk V Mjolnir suits with the introduction of shields, I'm willing to give the first fight to Atriox.

The UNSC Infinity is really dumb and I've never been a fan of Humanity suddenly becoming a superpower mere years after a decades long war that almost ended in humanity's extinction. Throwing everything the UNSC has into a single super mega battleship with hundreds of Spartans is just dumb. Spartan IIIs were already pushing it but they at least made the distinction that they were supposed to be kamikaze operatives compared to durable supersoldiers like the IIs, but the Spartan IV program is laaaaaame.

Maybe I'm just partial to The Banished because I find the covenant remnants interesting. My favourite pice of halo fiction outside the games is the short story "The Return", after all. Watching former religious fanatics come to terms with their horrific past actions and try to find a new purpose in life is way more compelling to me than super AIs trying to take over the universe and the space CIA acting like complete douchebags to the alien defectors who just saved your rear end.

oh dont get me wrong, everything in halo 4 and 5 is fully pants on head retarded, what with "no lol forerunners werent humans, all those ais were crazy and lying to you" to "oh the forerunner who burned the universe to save it was actually just crazy lol". I just think that after a series that is highly, highly reactive to the actions of the covenant, after we broke their back in a matter of days that actions against them should be more proactive.
Again, the premise kind of helps with that, but it lost me when they were like 'oh the only reason the covenant didnt win is because they were too busy fighting the banished at the same time.' The armor upgrades are silly imo cause Red Team has the same armor as the chief in Halo CE, and that was capable of taking a lot of punishment.

Like i said, I didnt finish the game, and I should see if its still on xgp and finish it. The gameplay was fun, i just didnt buy the villain or his faction.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Chief has Mjolnir Mk 5 in Combat Evolved, Red Team has Mjolnir Mk 4 since they're 20 years before the fall of Reach, which happened just after the MK 5 with the reverse engineered energy shields was developed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SpookyLizard posted:

oh dont get me wrong, everything in halo 4 and 5 is fully pants on head retarded, what with "no lol forerunners werent humans, all those ais were crazy and lying to you" to "oh the forerunner who burned the universe to save it was actually just crazy lol". I just think that after a series that is highly, highly reactive to the actions of the covenant, after we broke their back in a matter of days that actions against them should be more proactive.
Again, the premise kind of helps with that, but it lost me when they were like 'oh the only reason the covenant didnt win is because they were too busy fighting the banished at the same time.' The armor upgrades are silly imo cause Red Team has the same armor as the chief in Halo CE, and that was capable of taking a lot of punishment.

Like i said, I didnt finish the game, and I should see if its still on xgp and finish it. The gameplay was fun, i just didnt buy the villain or his faction.

Hey maybe don't use slurs to describe your pew pew aliens and lasers game

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
So I bought the MCC on Steam when Reach came out. All good fun, been enjoying it etc. Now I have recently acquired an xbox one, and I'm wondering: if I wanna play on xbox, do I have to buy the MCC again separately in the microsoft store? Or can I somehow redeem my steam copy to also work on xbox?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Halo 3 has been announced to release on the 14th

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Time to finish the fight. Again.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wahad posted:

So I bought the MCC on Steam when Reach came out. All good fun, been enjoying it etc. Now I have recently acquired an xbox one, and I'm wondering: if I wanna play on xbox, do I have to buy the MCC again separately in the microsoft store? Or can I somehow redeem my steam copy to also work on xbox?
PC and Xbox versions are seperate games, sadly, although I think some things like achievements and cosmetic unlocks are shared?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Kins posted:

PC and Xbox versions are seperate games, sadly, although I think some things like achievements and cosmetic unlocks are shared?

It saves everything to your XBL profile, so if you link it you'll have your unlocks and cosmetic setups on both. It seems to save control settings separately.

It seems to think I played Halo 2 for 500 hours though lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Halo CE, 2 and 3 Spartans: metal diapers.
Reach Spartans: Slimthicc booties.
4 and 5 Spartans: Go Go Power Rangers.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Tythas posted:

Halo 3 has been announced to release on the 14th

Is that the update that also includes Theater, Forge, the file share, etc? (I'm not seeing the announcement in Steam's news feed)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

spincube posted:

Is that the update that also includes Theater, Forge, the file share, etc? (I'm not seeing the announcement in Steam's news feed)
It'll have Theater, Forge, Halo 1 Cosmetics and the Reach Sound Fix. PC users won't be able to upload poo poo to File Share until some updates are done to the system so files show whether they're official, what platform they're from etc... but you can just upload your maps and gametypes and whatever as loose files to websites anyway so it's deal-with-able.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
I feel unusually excited in that they also noted that XP will be gained through campaign play like back in the day. Thats been way overdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't imagine they will or can but some sort of matchmaking for whatever-the-hell in Forge would be fun.