Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

teagone posted:

Yuuup, lmao. Got an actual "holy poo poo, what is going on" out of me.

Same, I sat bolt upright. Cannot wait for this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was like a whole other movie started after the title card, haha. Give it to me now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If lowtaxbeatswomengate is the end of the forums, then I want to wish you all a fond farewell

This is like one of two threads I still read every day when I was at my most burnt-out from the forums. I even still read it daily during my half year or so of exile from CineD. I’ll miss you all :smith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hedrigall posted:

If lowtaxbeatswomengate is the end of the forums, then I want to wish you all a fond farewell

This is like one of two threads I still read every day when I was at my most burnt-out from the forums. I even still read it daily during my half year or so of exile from CineD. I’ll miss you all :smith:

You are a good poster and I will forever respect your love of cats.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
What, you guys don't have a discord?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, now would be a good time for someone to set one up

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
I hastily threw one together here in case one doesn’t exist. Please evacuate the thread in an orderly manner:

https://discord.gg/CkWTbd8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
call me old-fashioned, but discord, irc, and other clients just don't have that same charm as this archaic as gently caress obsolete webforum

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They're different platforms for different purposes, for better and worse. I'd say don't wail and rend your clothes just yet, but be prepared for the worst.

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020
now is the time for me to say, hedrigall, you're one of my favourite posters and i'm sorry i shat up the fabgoons thread with my stupid gimmick

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020
also, the chaks are back

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

wild drama llama posted:

now is the time for me to say, hedrigall, you're one of my favourite posters and i'm sorry i shat up the fabgoons thread with my stupid gimmick

thank you avs :3:

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020
:h:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Captain Invictus posted:

call me old-fashioned, but discord, irc, and other clients just don't have that same charm as this archaic as gently caress obsolete webforum

It's better than passively feeding money to an abuser, if you ask me.
Personally I am sticking around long enough to get in all the discords and other ports of call for all that interests me, and then sayonara.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well, at least keep an ear out for if somehow lowtax gives away the forums or Jeffrey gets it somehow. Ideally that will happen. Going to go to bed and hopefully will wake up to some good news for loving once in this hellyear

Choose
Feb 15, 2020

Pick can be found at sendthemtopick@gmail.com

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I joined the discord posted up thread but if anyone wants to keep in touch another way, hedrigallthecactusman at gmail

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't post a whole lot in this thread but it's a very good one and i like everyone in it, and hope y'all are doing alright

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wb, your posts are always entertaining. Hope to see you on the other side if it happens

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior will shut down in the UK starting October 1, 2020. Everything will be Disney+ only.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-kids-channels-shutter-uk-content-moving-disney-1300369

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Anyone watch that Adventure Time movie with BMO that (I think) came out today?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Animal Crackers trailer

https://youtu.be/i6AzgAeNwyA

Looks terrible but it’s a talking animal movie so I’m obligated to watch and defend it 😤

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just in case anyone missed it: The forums have a new owner and will now live forever.

We may now all resume posting normally.

Meltdown canceled!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It’s not set in stone yet, mind ya, since the announcement mentioned that it’s only an informal agreement so far.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shhhhhhh, let me hope :smith:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I hope this all gets resolved in the least messy way possible at this point, too :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IUG posted:

Anyone watch that Adventure Time movie with BMO that (I think) came out today?

Oooo is that out? Awesome

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
My favorite thing about all three of the old Lupin series is, they may not always be the best animated TV show, but they're certainly the most TV show.

I can't think of a single other show that crams as many raw ideas into twenty minutes.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69mRfu8Bp-Y

Movie? Show? I don't know but it's...interesting.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
https://youtu.be/d04FlcBiqnA

:getin:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Oooo is that out? Awesome

It was alright. For an Adventure Time movie featuring BMO, I thought it would be alot more cringeworthy but it was fine. The trailer shows it is in space, so you don't see any series regulars. There are some background characters or alien species that you've seen in other episodes (such as one of the aliens from the Citadel, the Grables' species), and there's another character who is never confirmed to be the character he obviously is, but you'll know from the voice actor. There's also an off-brand BMO unit that's singing the Fraiser song, which is fun given the whole Cheers thing from the series. It's only 45 minutes long, so it's a fun watch for what it is.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I always though that gryphon was so cool :unsmith:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just watched the live remake of Aladdin and it's amazing how a movie can be two hours long and yet have so little happening in it.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Alhazred posted:

Just watched the live remake of Aladdin and it's amazing how a movie can be two hours long and yet have so little happening in it.

Yeah there’s a few things I enjoyed like Will Smiths take on the genie but overall it was a bit of a slog. Jafar was awful, in that they changed him from a mustache-twirler into just a mostly ineffective jerk. The music video in the middle just takes you completely out of the movie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah there’s a few things I enjoyed like Will Smiths take on the genie but overall it was a bit of a slog.

Honestly, the only Genie gag I sort of liked was him rewinding the movie in order to realize that Aladdin tricked him. Speaking of, it's just so weird why they changed that. In the animated movie it was a genuinely clever joke while it's so convoluted that it almost doesn't make sense in the live remake.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of the live action remakes are very clearly obligations and don't really understand what made people like the original.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

My favorite thing about all three of the old Lupin series is, they may not always be the best animated TV show, but they're certainly the most TV show.

I can't think of a single other show that crams as many raw ideas into twenty minutes.

So in terms of actual shows, how many Lupin seasons have there been up to now? Also, is Lupin the longest running series (that's still running at least) in Japan (I know the original manga started sometime back in the 70's or so at least)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
nah that's easily crayon shin-chan

Whoops I was wrong