Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Pyrus Malus posted:

the only answer is to mod us all

I asked the other mods if we could make a Lord of the Flies posting combat subforum where everyone in there has mod buttons that they could use to ban each other but they thought I was joking and said no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like if you're mad that a thread is veering off track hello welcome to c-spam

we have not forgotten about how lowtax is an abuser or the mods & admins that helped cover that up, if it pleases your majesty we shall take a short recess while nothing is going on to make fun of d&d mods being kinda lazy and leaving their job up to the worst person

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Admiral Ray posted:

being a volunteer mod is worse than being a volunteer, say, firefighter because even though the volunteer firefighters don't get paid they get to hang out in a building with hot dudes and make chili.
No it isn't, because
In my country , some volunteer firefighters are also EMTs driving ambulances, and sometimes first responders to crash sites.
Alcoholism seems like a good idea the second time you respond to a bike fatality.
Or the first time you're on a routine patient transport with some congenial old geezer who's going to the follow up consultation for his hip replacement surgery and he suddenly has a stroke.
Or the time where that happens and his wife is there with you.

Other than that,yeah , like 25% of the guys are pretty hot.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Yinlock posted:

like if you're mad that a thread is veering off track hello welcome to c-spam

one of the big things this subforum has shown me is just how interconnected every issue is and how pretty much everything is politics. crime is related to low wages is related to poor and minority oppression is related to the two party system etc. threads going off topic is par for the course.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

why isnt calibanibal a mod anymore

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pyrus Malus posted:

one of the big things this subforum has shown me is just how interconnected every issue is and how pretty much everything is politics. crime is related to low wages is related to poor and minority oppression is related to the two party system etc. threads going off topic is par for the course.

yeah corruption tends to branch off like a plague

of course this is about stupid internet forums corruption, but still the same principle applies even if it's far dumber

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jarofpiss posted:

why isnt calibanibal a mod anymore

he got hit in the Bernie toxx wave and never came back

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I love cspam but its posters absolutely cannot help climbing up on the cross when it comes to any discussion about the forums in general and make it about their personal grudges.

Outside of the ppj stuff from January and the current lowtax situation, what specific actions by the site staff have had actual negative impacts on people offline?

DnD sucks and its mods suck but the people itt conflating lovely probes and unfair mod decisions to admins covering up evidence of lowtaxs abuse are not helping

I hear you
I am going to actively respond to these complaints in the coming days and I hope you will be patient with me while I gather more information.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

if your reaction to people being outraged at abuse of authority is to tell them to chill you are a part of the problem and a sucker

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Uhh... does anyone want to be a mod?

thehandtruck posted:

here i can be a fuckin mod my rule is you must sign every post acab and if u dont you get moved to a powerful forums dimension for a week where all text you see is algorythmically transformed into harry potter metaphor but told through the style of a random marvel character and in captcha fashion you must decipher which marvel character is speaking and if you captcha each post correctly for a week you can return. And look its not a perfect system but its mine and then at the end of my reign of pain i get banned regardless of if it worked out or not this is my campaign pledge to the denizens of somethingawful. I also promise not to read the mod forums or participate in thread policing whatsoever. i will work to remove the report button and replace it with a link to charities of the forum's choosing

vote for me

acab

i will also acept chris dorner fanart or fanfic at the end of posts in lieu of "acab"

acab

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

twoday posted:

I asked the other mods if we could make a Lord of the Flies posting combat subforum where everyone in there has mod buttons that they could use to ban each other but they thought I was joking and said no :(
this is a loving hilarious idea, it should 100% be a thing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wheeee posted:

if your reaction to people being outraged at abuse of authority is to tell them to chill you are a part of the problem and a sucker

yes but couching everything in abstract terms of “authority and power” ignores the fact that it is an internet webforum and the power is not letting you post on an account for a duration of time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WampaLord posted:

he got hit in the Bernie toxx wave and never came back

he had autobanned before that, as he had done before. i think that sometimes he takes a step away from the forums for a few months, to clear his head

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yes but couching everything in abstract terms of “authority and power” ignores the fact that it is an internet webforum and the power is not letting you post on an account for a duration of time

For someone who does nothing but whine about people bitching about posting you sure do a lot of bitching about posting

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Squizzle posted:

he had autobanned before that, as he had done before. i think that sometimes he takes a step away from the forums for a few months, to clear his head

a lot of wisdom in that

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Squizzle posted:

hes going to be recharged and a very powerful poster if he returns

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

canibalinal meditating for months under a cold waterfall contemplating the mysteries of posting

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twoday posted:

this was an idea for TFR someone had like a decade ago, a la "an armed society is a polite society"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Shear Modulus posted:

canibalinal meditating for months under a cold waterfall contemplating the mysteries of posting

hes gonna be so disappointed when he tries to log in after cspam is deleted

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Yes but I will probe and ban entirely based on RNG and also not read the mod forum or interact with the forum I'm ostensibly modding in any way. It's better because it's impartial.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Only if I'm given Permaban powers. :getin:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

there is some serious fyad rehabilitation happening in QCS right now and I am not well versed enough in the details of the past year to go digging up receipts

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

bawfuls posted:

there is some serious fyad rehabilitation happening in QCS right now and I am not well versed enough in the details of the past year to go digging up receipts

so dont lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i will only accept admin so that i may correct what i left undone from my last reign of terror

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

Only if I'm given Permaban powers. :getin:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

for a long time we've bought into the lie that those who want to be mods shouldnt. instead i say the most honest about abusing their incredibly minor amount of authority should be the only mods.

to that end, lets admin cumshitter and see what happens

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6W4x461Qk

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Mod me and I'll ban your posting enemies for a few bucks

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ban everyone imo. Nobody here is without guilt

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Is that the request to the admins or a direct (perma)ban, though? :thunk: If the former, it's useless. :v:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Nonsense posted:

lol many of the former chuds who's forum will not be named used to pretend this place was worth millions so only lowtax would ever own it and they would be protected forever

People in fyad were known to love lowtax and the mods, and to hug and kiss each one on the lips. How do you hug someone on the lips? Well, heh, that’s not my story to tell ;)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bawfuls posted:

"yeah we always hated lowtax and definitely weren't constantly sucking up to him & any other admin who wandered into fyad"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

pick me for mod and i will exclusively probe/ban other moderators, like how robocop is a cop that cops cops (i have never actually watched robocop)

e: a whole bunch of presumed-cis posters talking about how the transphobia didn't actually exist too.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Brutalist McDonald's still isn't wearing the Tucker av and it's starting to make me angry

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so did the Nazi podcast happen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yinlock posted:

"yeah we always hated lowtax and definitely weren't constantly sucking up to him & any other admin who wandered into fyad"

I don't know whether it was sadder how blatantly they two-facedly sucked up to Lowtax/Jeff or that Lowtax/Jeff actually thought they were popular with that crew "just because"

Like do you pity someone for getting some obviously manipulated

oxsnard posted:

Brutalist McDonald's still isn't wearing the Tucker av and it's starting to make me angry

He's a self-pitying coward and I think we hurt his feelings. If only I had it in my heart to love.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't know whether it was sadder how blatantly they two-facedly sucked up to Lowtax/Jeff or that Lowtax/Jeff actually thought they were popular with that crew "just because"

Like do you pity someone for getting some obviously manipulated

it's like the billionaire failsons who have their lives carefully curated by their dads but genuinely think they're actually cool and talented

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

bawfuls posted:

they think they're getting it back now that ol' jeff will have the keys

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

For someone who does nothing but whine about people bitching about posting you sure do a lot of bitching about posting

actual question why are you still here if you find everything about this website and the people who run it so detestable and irredeemable? do you genuinely think that there’s going to be a massive restructuring where mods and admins no longer exist and all internet power structures have been flattened? are you waiting for something better to happen here or are you just a miserable poster loudly crying out that the website isn’t burning down as quickly or as brightly as you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Frog Act posted:

so did the Nazi podcast happen

if thedickshow.com is dude's website, the last episode it has up is from a few days ago.