Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Ys 8 is so good I don’t see how 9 can top it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Just in case, I'd just like to say that I love Trails and this thread has been good in the past for discussing/sharing falcom stuff. I've avoided reading it for years since I'm still trundling through Cold Steel 1 but you guys are cool and falcom is cool.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

guess I'm playing CS3 around the end of September

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ys 8 has the boss theme CRIMSON FIGHTER so unless 9 brings something better, then 8 wins, sorry I don't make the rules. :colbert:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIm2nb0ESk

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hmm. A decent composition but relies to heavily on the metal elements without a solid connection within the rhythm section. I declare Ys 8 the winner until further challenges.

Still a good fight theme though.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Is that supposed to be Adol?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Iverron posted:

Is that supposed to be Adol?

Ys 9 is Us does bloodborne, can't wait

or maybe Castlevania

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It is! Apparently he is meant to be notably changed by acute circumstance in Ys 9. I've not read much since I want to play unspoiled, but all I did see is that he was missing from early trailers/promo material to suggest he wasn't even present.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Adol's goth phase

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Adol is now half-vampire-boat

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
what other places are there where falcom is talked about that has a similar vibe to this thread. you know, just in case.

i've heard not so great things about other places that discuss falcom but maybe those things were wrong, i don't know.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If the unofficial official discord doesn't suffice https://discord.gg/falcom

Then hit ADTRW up since the anime forum is, unsurprisingly, fond of JRPGs and has at least 2 discords set up.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
After bouncing off it a while back, I came back around to Trails in the Sky FC and man I just adore Estelle. She's a really good character and it's great seeing her grow and mature throughout the game. I haven't finished FC yet, but assuming I'm here for Estelle, what other Trails games should I play? Is it just FC and SC for Estelle-focused games?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Also play 3rd and head on to Zero.

But yes, it's just FC and SC for Estelle-focused games.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Sky FC and SC are the games where she's the main character, but she has some really good scenes in 3rd and Zero.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Juna from Cold Steel III/IV is kind of like Estelle imo

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Just finished Trails in the Sky FC and... I *immediately* bought SC and 3rd. This makes me a sucker but I need closure after that ending.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Imagine being one of the people (like me) who got stuck in 2011 when it originally came out on the PSP, and drove themselves nuts until 2015.

Imagine being one of the people who got stuck when it originally came out in Japan.

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
Oh come on, we had a bunch of Ys titles and other Falcom games come out in the interim.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I solved this problem by stalling out in the final dungeon of FC because it was long and boring, and then when SC was finally coming out I was like "huh i should finish FC maybe"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’m only a few hours in FC, but with the steam sale I picked up SC and 3rd

And after trying the demo to Cold Steel 3, decided to pick up the Cold Steel titles too, so seems like my PC is going to be getting a lot of Falcom rpg love this year

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I ended up getting Ys Seven and Celceta, along with one of the zwei games I forget the title. Now I own all ys on steam. I just need time to play all ys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Ys 8 won't stop

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You have to debunk creationism

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Sakurazuka posted:

Help Ys 8 won't stop

I know its great

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like Cold Steel 3 (and only 3...) is on Switch now.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

yeah we knew it was coming for a long time and now it's here.

i'm curious about how it performs. Ys 8 on switch is not promising but that wasn't the only issue with that game so this could be better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adol this is a sneaking mission

Adol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWYlVQPY7Y

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I've waited almost a whole drat year to play CS3. It's so close, I can taste it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

hell yeah

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got Ys VI out of the sale even though I still have to beat Celceta, Origin and Felghana.

The latter is just because I remember having a hard time with it.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

unimportantguy posted:

Just finished Trails in the Sky FC and... I *immediately* bought SC and 3rd. This makes me a sucker but I need closure after that ending.

I just did the exact same thing. It took me three years to get past the prologue, and then I went and finished the rest of the game in a day or two. Strapping in for the long haul now, I guess.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Does anyone have a link on youtube for the end fight of TITS FC, where you're going for a minimal / low bp run?

Trying to show my friend what happens, which is that Cassius comes in and kicks seven shades of poo poo out of the boss for you, and tells everyone involved how disappointed he is in them

I saw a video of it ages ago and I can't find it.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Ys always has bitchin' soundtracks but 8 is still a cut above the rest, easily the best since Oath in Felghana.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Search for Cassius vs Reverie.

Edit: Eh, screw it. Video's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP4HajjMuxs

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thanks boss!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not a fan of the later Ys 8 bosses all being over pits you can fall into when fall damage is fairly significant also that moose boss was an rear end in a top hat

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
New Geofront Update. For those of you wondering why they decided to pick up Ao after initially saying they weren't going to spend time on a translation for a game most people would end up pirating: they managed to convince Joyoland to add Paypal Support to their store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Erpy posted:

New Geofront Update. For those of you wondering why they decided to pick up Ao after initially saying they weren't going to spend time on a translation for a game most people would end up pirating: they managed to convince Joyoland to add Paypal Support to their store.

"The game sells for 45 Yuan which is about $6.50 or €5.60"

Holy poo poo