Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Lowtax starts talking about Logan next. He says that Logan is an awesome person and they both hosts laugh. Lowtax says that when Logan wasn't drinking she was awesome. But she would drink and mix that with antidepressents and would become a handful.

Both of the hosts are horrible people interviewing a horrible person

Lowtax says that he's spoken to people that know Logan publicly and they support Lowtax, but they are afraid to say anything because of the internet outrage machine.

I feel like I should know the hosts, but I don't. Apparently long hair guy is "Dick" and short hair guy is "Sean". That is how I will refer to them from here on out

ahahahahaha is this what lowtax actually thinks, no richard, we don't support you at all, nobody who knows logan supports you, you're a scumbag and a piece of poo poo who took advantage of a vulnerable person, go gently caress yourself lmao, you're a piss baby, you loving loser scumbag crusty old man i hope your spine breaks in half from covid

gently caress this poo poo sorry i gotta take a break from this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Can we make this thread a nonstop quoting of this because I think we should.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561733780226965514/726937666775416912/lowtaxsavestheforums_-_Copy.mp4

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I'll do it:

I appreciate the summary but would ask that you not include your own commentary in the middle of it. It comes off like a position paper, based on your opinion of both of the show hosts. I'm sure you've got it, and I'll listen later, but, it doesn't lend confidence to the reader to write like that.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Thread still showing value.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Partycat posted:

I appreciate the summary but would ask that you not include your own commentary in the middle of it. It comes off like a position paper, based on your opinion of both of the show hosts. I'm sure you've got it, and I'll listen later, but, it doesn't lend confidence to the reader to write like that.

Sure.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Partycat posted:

lmao

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The fires of Gondor have been lit.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Partycat posted:

i appreciate your post but dont like the part with your opinion. please dont put that in next time

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

"it was never up to you"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

LaughingWallaby
Mar 29, 2020

Barudak posted:

I am not a coder so take whatever I say as possibly under informed or wrong: Part of the issue is there is a payment processor involved so just letting people muck about is not a good idea and the other part is this has never really been someone competent's job to full time fix a 3(?) revision out of date message board soaked in a sludge of bad custom code.

Yeah, having worked on payment processor code in the past: its the probably the most horrifying part of this website's code. If Jeffrey does gets to do one good thing with the site, it would be to rip out that part of the website's code altogether and replace it with a third-party library of some kind.

I actually went to some lengths to protect my CC# from this site because undermaintained sites like these are the ones where credit card leaks, etc come from. They will incorrectly log sensitive data, inadequately protect any data that needs to be stored (like passwords), and won't sufficiently protect admin credentials (i wonder if even lowtax has multi-factor authentication).

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Partycat posted:

shut up

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

euphemism posted:

7 million sounds about right given what we know about his income
Seeing how he spends that income is one reason I'm not really against him getting a payout to give up Something Awful.

I mean, yeah, I'd prefer he got nothing, but the money's not really the problem. Partly because he spends it so poorly that any payout is going to be burned through in a flash, so it's not really much of a win for him after the first couple months. But mostly because, if his family is wealthy and as willing to bail him out as people seem to think, then (like it or not) he's going to land on his feet financially regardless.

The important thing is that Lowtax has used SA and the forums as a way to lure in three women whose lives he's wrecked. Three that we know of. As weird as it sounds, apparently three separate times he's successfully used the prestige of being the owner of a popular(?), long-running internet forum to lure women in. The quote from Logan about being into him since she was 12 was spine crumbling chilling.

So whatever, if he gets money, fine, it's not like he won't squander it. As long as the end result is that he's lost the forums that he's used to (fuckin' somehow) attract women to abuse, lost personal administration over the platform he could control his life's narrative on, lost his loyal mods who will cover for him and delete his sins so that the next lady he has his eye on doesn't get to know what she's in for... fine, whatever. Just make it happen.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lmao

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Barudak posted:

I am not a coder so take whatever I say as possibly under informed or wrong: Part of the issue is there is a payment processor involved so just letting people muck about is not a good idea and the other part is this has never really been someone competent's job to full time fix a 3(?) revision out of date message board soaked in a sludge of bad custom code.

usually things like that are isolated from the rest of the code, most of that is in a database nobody would have access to and a lot of the code for payment processing is probably prepackaged, but again, i dunno.

i don't really know the nature of what's going on with the software so there might be some reason it can't just be a community project, i'm sure it's been brought up before, i just think about it because it's frankly the best organizational method for getting volunteer coding.

Stalin-Chan fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 29, 2020

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

you guys i hate lowtax

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

you guys i hate lowtax

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Holy. poo poo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It would not shock me at all to learn that Lowtax made in the 7 million range. When I hung out with him in 2013 for beer brewing I didn't pay for anything. He treated my friend and I like kings. I saw the GTR he had back then and the house he lived in.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

it was worth the last 800-900 pages tbh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Holy poo poo I finally like an anime

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Necrofiliate
Apr 3, 2011

C:\>YOURPOST.EXE
ERROR: 0x0BAD
Abort, Retry, Fail?:ovr:

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

leaving lurk city population: me to gently caress YOU LOWTAX

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

someone also pointed out earlier how ahead of the curve SA was with lets plays, but he was too loving dumb to capitalise on any of that as well

he really is dumb

The only thing that really used community content was photoshop Friday. Nothing like Let’s Plays were ever being featured on the front page.

The LP archive was an off-site goon project, the SA iOS app was an off-site goon project, That image hosting setup was a goon project. Community here really stepped up to the plate to fill in some gaps.

The pettiness around the image hosting is such baby with the bathwater.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

holy shot forums saved :maga:

Sapphic Swordsaint
Dec 19, 2010

Those rare moments when my superiors show wisdom come perilously close to restoring my faith in the social order.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yikesarella

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Partycat posted:

lol gently caress off and listen to it yourself then

Ninjabacon
Apr 23, 2018

you guys i hate lowtax

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Partycat posted:

there's no cure for autism

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
i support logan 100%

gently caress you lowtax, now im gonna go and make lunch

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yikesahoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

It would not shock me at all to learn that Lowtax made in the 7 million range. When I hung out with him in 2013 for beer brewing I didn't pay for anything. He treated my friend and I like kings. I saw the GTR he had back then and the house he lived in.

Per some dumb vice article we had nearly 200k registered accounts as of 2017. That's $2,000,000 without any forum upgrades, re-reg'd accounts, avatars, grudge avars, advertisement, SAmart stickies, internal banners, patreon money, donation money, tshirts or stickers, rifftrax tie-ins, ad-revenue from the frontpage back in the day, etc etc.

Yeah, $7 million doesn't seem crazy.

Edit: 203k, i'm an idiot and forgot there was a counter on the front page of the forums.