Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I’m going to have to expand the light kit SO HARD in the fall when the full bags and fairing kit go back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

I dunno about comms but I listen to music through the most basic set from https://www.plugfones.com/

Thanks. Ordered a set and a BT adapter.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Revvik posted:

I’m going to have to expand the light kit SO HARD in the fall when the full bags and fairing kit go back on.

Hard enough to do wheels too? I used to work for these guys, but someone has got to me making a cheap knock off by now. I can't imagine you want to spend $400 on one of their kits for an old wing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All of these oldwing posts are :kiss:

beetlemeyer
Dec 31, 2019
'04 R6. Bought it with 9K miles, up to about 44K now. Been saying I'm going to get a new bike for the last couple years but figure I'll ride this until the engine blows up. Thinking gsxr750 for the next -- do a lot of track days and that might be the sweet spot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Revvik posted:

*farting noises*

Purple rain, purplllle rain

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

beetlemeyer posted:

'04 R6. Bought it with 9K miles, up to about 44K now. Been saying I'm going to get a new bike for the last couple years but figure I'll ride this until the engine blows up. Thinking gsxr750 for the next -- do a lot of track days and that might be the sweet spot.

I wish my 2007 bike looked half this clean. I'm pretty sure my next bike will be a Yamaha, but not sure on the size.

That kickstand looks very small though?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I wish Yamaha had a 600-700 version of the R3 without going full super sport R6.

Give me a ninja 650 with R styling.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah, there’s really very little middle ground if you like the fully faired sport bike look, and aren’t interested in a Ninja 650, is there? Go from CBR300R/R3/Ninja 400/comedy GSXR250 right to super sport?

New I mean, since Suzuki decided to peace out on the SV650SA

E: Unless there’s something I’m missing.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 27, 2020

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The new, hopefully-it-isnt-poo RS660 is meant to fit that exact hole. Some of the manufacturers have worked out the late 90's compromise is a much nicer riding experience than the more track biased '10's compromise, Aprilia is first out of the gates with a true middleweight, but there's also the larger Ducati supersport which is basically just a recreation of a 996 with ST ergos.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I thought of the RS660 but I'm pretty sure it's going to have racetrack ergos.

The SuperSport is cool though, for a Ducati.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I was going off of this.

quote:

The long-serving 600 middleweights we’ve seen before have now been soundly rejected in the present marketplace for three reasons:

1. Too expensive—they had become pricey miniature Superbikes, designed to win Supersport races in the hands of professional athletes.
2. Too uncomfortable—the racer riding position is fun for a 10-minute let’s pretend, but a pain in the long run.
3. Too specialized—focus group testing always shows that motorcyclists enjoy twist-and-go torque at any rpm, not a power-genie who explodes out of his bottle only above 10,000 rpm.

quote:

"We keep in mind the new buyer. The riding position of 660 is in the middle—the bars are higher than on RSV4, the pegs are lower. This (change) is not just us, it is worldwide."

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah it's definitely more aggressive riding posture than a Ninja 650 but not as much as an R6.

beetlemeyer
Dec 31, 2019
I take mine to the track, so obviously I'm biased...but why would you want aggressive fairings/styling but upright sitting position? Just ride an MT09 or a cruiser at that point. I'll ride my R6 for hours at a time and I've never found it uncomfortable, but looking back it certainly took a little time to build up the leg and stomach muscles. I don't know. Cucking the 600 supersports is a tragedy, but then again, most people are riding liters around the track so maybe the market just isn't there anymore. SAD!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Probably the look. I dislike the look of modern naked bikes so if someone is marketing a bike to take my $8-10k then they probably won’t get it unless I like the way it looks.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

beetlemeyer posted:

I take mine to the track, so obviously I'm biased...but why would you want aggressive fairings/styling but upright sitting position? Just ride an MT09 or a cruiser at that point. I'll ride my R6 for hours at a time and I've never found it uncomfortable, but looking back it certainly took a little time to build up the leg and stomach muscles. I don't know. Cucking the 600 supersports is a tragedy, but then again, most people are riding liters around the track so maybe the market just isn't there anymore. SAD!

Because it isn't a binary thing? Your r6 might be ok for you, but I can't ride the modern ones at all because my knees fill with fluid Mr Burns style after five minutes. Otoh I can ride a Gixxer or zx6 just fine. None of the bikes in that picture are upright. Try riding a sportbike from the 80's or 90's, you'd be amazed how little speed you lose in exchange for being ten times more comfortable.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The top one is the new er6, which is almost completely upright. It's only a few degrees off being a chair.

beetlemeyer
Dec 31, 2019

Slavvy posted:

Because it isn't a binary thing? Your r6 might be ok for you, but I can't ride the modern ones at all because my knees fill with fluid Mr Burns style after five minutes. Otoh I can ride a Gixxer or zx6 just fine. None of the bikes in that picture are upright. Try riding a sportbike from the 80's or 90's, you'd be amazed how little speed you lose in exchange for being ten times more comfortable.

The motorized invalids chair thread is over that way -->

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I was cursed with the wrong spine to inseam ratio so low bars and high, rearward pegs are literally the worst

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

beetlemeyer posted:

The motorized invalids chair thread is over that way -->

just lol if wheelie couch is too hard for someone to understand, r6 aint even fast

tuonoclub.gif

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I love how the RS660 looks and would very much like to sit on one. Any info on what they’re gonna cost?

Regardless, it’s cool enough to get stolen from my parking deck :goleft:

My 4 figure hobby is gonna make me buy a house.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
RS660 and 790 Duke/890 Duke R are high on my list of possible replacement commuter bikes for my RC390. One thing I love about the RC is that it's so light and tiny that it's like tossing around my mountain bike so I'd like to have that in its replacement. Really wish they had made an upscale version of the RC like the Ducati Supermono.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fifty miles on mostly dirt and forest roads; have no idea where I went or how I got there but I eventually came out somewhere vaguely remotely like somewhere I’d heard of and got home. So much fun.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Beautiful, that's a great ride.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Picked up my new bike today! I felt like a kid with a new toy so I had to take a couple of pictures before I shut it down for the night.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Scramblers are cool and yellow/black bikes are cool, good job

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is that a special edition or something? Looks snazzier than the regular scrambler. Love it. That's gonna be a fun ride for sure.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
It's just one of the many different models they're pumping out of the Scrambler now, a 2019 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle. Some aesthetic differences, lower bars, different seat, and an upgraded exhaust, from what I can remember. I've only ever rode cruisers before so I took my friends' (and this subforum's) advice to get something with a more upright riding position. I love it.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
That is a truly bitchin' looking Scrambler. They're so much fun.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jcam posted:

Picked up my new bike today! I felt like a kid with a new toy so I had to take a couple of pictures before I shut it down for the night.

Gorgeous.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yellow was a fantastic choice, mmn.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Hot drat that’s a good looking bike!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Jcam posted:

The old joke about “you never stop playing with toys, they just get more expensive” is so true.

When I walk into a bike dealer, Sam Ash or REI it triggers my brain the same way Toys R Us or KB Toys used to.

I’m dad as hell.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Strife posted:

That is a truly bitchin' looking Scrambler. They're so much fun.

Seeing pictures of yours and reading about how much fun you've been having definitely factored into the purchase, I was hmm-ing and haww-ing for a while about it despite all sources saying Buy It Idiot.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Sorry for the double post, and I promise I'll get photos in some more interesting places soon once I've broken it in.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Bring on the pics! Any plans to change anything?

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

I don't know if I've ever posted my bike here. Took the MSF and got my endorsement back in 2016, but I just picked up this 2019 Honda CB300r in February. Got about 1800 miles on it now. Learning to ride in Covidworld in March was great, since there was almost nobody on the road! (Ignore my slightly broken clutch lever. Bike fell in the driveway because I was a dumbass!).

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jcam posted:

Sorry for the double post, and I promise I'll get photos in some more interesting places soon once I've broken it in.

I tried to steal your photo format with limited success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

metavisual posted:

I don't know if I've ever posted my bike here. Took the MSF and got my endorsement back in 2016, but I just picked up this 2019 Honda CB300r in February. Got about 1800 miles on it now. Learning to ride in Covidworld in March was great, since there was almost nobody on the road! (Ignore my slightly broken clutch lever. Bike fell in the driveway because I was a dumbass!).

:discourse:

I dropped mine and broke the clutch lever in almost the exact same way :o: You can buy an OEM replacement for like $25.