Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Chapo Graft House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Crane Fist posted:

Surely you mean his fine racism against the horrible people of Portugal

why do they all speak brazilian anyway?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Bust Rodd posted:

Sometimes Felix will be dunking on Jewish culture for an extended riff and Will will join in with him. I imagine people want to know that he is/isn’t Jewish before they give him permission to speak critically about another race of people.

iirc Will makes fun of a specific new york jewish guy type, but i could be wrong

crepeface fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 29, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goast posted:

why do they all speak brazilian anyway?

They did colonialism so hard they even looted a language

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

Chapo Graft House

Grafto Graft House

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lambert posted:

I'm not excusing police violence, though? I just don't think acting like all police officers are "the enemy" or just out to kill minorities is in any way helpful in creating a more just society. The vast majority of police are just as angry as you are about Floyd.

Lambert posted:

Absolutely not, I'm not into recycling weird right-wing gun nut arguments for the left. The police having guns is important to society, any random moron having guns means there's a never-ending spiral of violence, which leads to the problem of police violence the US has.

Lambert posted:

Saying "disarm the police first" is concern trolling in order to get people to stop talking about gun control. Disarming police is neither useful to society nor possible.

Lambert posted:

Cops are good & uphold the social order. Effective police is a necessity for any functioning society.

Lambert posted:

This seems like a dumb take. Disarming the "working class" is the only way and would likely decrease police violence as well. People aren't using their guns to extract concessions like better working conditions or equal representation. That's why making it a class issue seems like a convenient way for gun lovers to deflect the issue.

And if guns in the hands of individuals really are the only way to protect minority communities, the US is a failed state.

Lambert posted:

Now I want a Cory Booker presidency, with Kamala Harris as his VP. A stronger police for all of America!
hoo boy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh so Lambert doesn’t just post like a cop all the time that makes sense

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

*chk chk* got his rear end

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I should read more Portuguese history, it's interesting. I like that Portugal was basically reduced to this yapping dog of a rump empire towards the end but they kept their tiny jaws latched onto what remained of their colonies with the tenacity of a rottweiler. India unilaterally declared war on them to seize their south Asian colonies and the Portuguese general in command, knowing how hosed they were, surrendered. the Portuguese government responded by exiling them for life. hey Portugal are you ok.

and then you have their Vietnam-style hell war in Africa which only ended after a left wing military coup.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

I should read more Portuguese history, it's interesting. I like that Portugal was basically reduced to this yapping dog of a rump empire towards the end but they kept their tiny jaws latched onto what remained of their colonies with the tenacity of a rottweiler. India unilaterally declared war on them to seize their south Asian colonies and the Portuguese general in command, knowing how hosed they were, surrendered. the Portuguese government responded by exiling them for life. hey Portugal are you ok.

and then you have their Vietnam-style hell war in Africa which only ended after a left wing military coup.

I dated a portuguese girl whose father had been in the military and done a tour in Africa. Angola, I believe, though I'm not sure. Guy barely spoke three words to anyone, wore a full suit even under blazing heat. Daughter despised his guts.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
r/chapo just got got

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Landlords rejoice! R/Chapotraphouse Banned

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

r/chapo just got got

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1277649915041153025

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1277649915041153025?s=21

E:FB by seconds

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 29, 2020

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
ಥ_ಥ

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
r/chapo and r/thedonald both banned, maintaining balance. The last extremist is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Finally someone really needed to take down those anti-slave owner activists down a notch. Good job.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Don't pretend the sub was anything but terrible. Even the hosts are contemptuous of it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s almost like reddit itself is the problem

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Heath posted:

Don't pretend the sub was anything but terrible. Even the hosts are contemptuous of it

It was really bad and there are going to be some apocalyptic meltdowns. That sub took itself way, way too seriously.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s almost like reddit itself is the problem

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A good step in the right direction, now they just have to get rid of literally all the rest of Reddit

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol Trump got suspended from Twitch.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1277651905045581824?s=20

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

He had a Twitch channel? What games did he play?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Doesn't twitter refuse to turn on their auto-filter/ban policy because too many republicans get immediately perma banned with all the poo poo they spew?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

And yet Alinity remains free to stream her wretched boob.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
reddit delenda est.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Slotducks posted:

Doesn't twitter refuse to turn on their auto-filter/ban policy because too many republicans get immediately perma banned with all the poo poo they spew?

Yes.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The posts were absolute dogshit but Reddit's justification for it is still laughable.

quote:

Remember the human. Reddit is a place for creating community and belonging, not for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Reddit free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and people that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.

They repeatedly promoted hate against vulnerable people that identify as cops and billionaires.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you called a Blue Check a dumb rear end, this harassment will not stand.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
r/ChapoGraftHouse2 was banned as well. Good! Maybe delisting from podcast directories is next.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Blue Checks Matter (they don’t)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

uber_stoat posted:

you called a Blue Check a dumb rear end, this harassment will not stand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the blue check originally start as an indicator that the account actually belongs to the person it says it does? When did it make the transition from "yeah this really is Mark Hamill's account" to "this person is a superuser and can have their checkmark revoked for bad behavior"

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
where's r/chapotraphouse3

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

peanut- posted:

The posts were absolute dogshit but Reddit's justification for it is still laughable.

They repeatedly promoted hate against vulnerable people that identify as cops and billionaires.

yea the sub was an awful place that nobody should read or post in but lol at it being more hateful than the subreddit for cops, or the subreddit for pro-life white people, the chris-chan sub, the alt-right magic the gathering sub, etc. etc. etc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lambert posted:

ChapoGraftHouse

this is by far the most pathetic rolling with the punches I have ever seen

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

little munchkin posted:

yea the sub was an awful place that nobody should read or post in but lol at it being more hateful than the subreddit for cops, or the subreddit for pro-life white people, the chris-chan sub, the alt-right magic the gathering sub, etc. etc. etc.
That reminds me, I hope they do stupidpol next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1277456063894355968?s=20
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1277409533216854016?s=20