Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you ______ the things that are going on
This poll is closed.
recognize 17 18.89%
acknowledge 33 36.67%
see 15 16.67%
view 25 27.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Lmao gently caress the pats and gently caress Tampa Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

General Dog posted:

Is this from Hamilton?

Nah, was after the battle of wounded knee

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

never thought I'd be rooting against Cam Newton, but, here we are

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The improvements cam had in 2018 were due to the new offense and teams realizing he couldn’t throw deep anymore.

If watt hadn’t really hosed up his arm I’m not sure we still wouldn’t have seen that sharp decline in the second half.

Even in the first half of 2018 he looked....off.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I want to invent time travel so I can go back to 2016 and let the thread know that the Patriots QB after Brady will be Cam Newton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Interesting article by Joe Browne in Peter King's guest column today as to how the divisions were chosen in the AFL/NFL merger.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/28/fmia-guest-joe-browne-afl-nfl-merger/

How exactly did they come up with the preferred alignment that would last for more than three decades? What deals had to be made?

In the end, they couldn't. Pete Rozelle's secretary Thelma drew the number 3 out of an empty flower vase.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Could you imagine the absolute chaos of a Bears/Packers/Cowboys/Cardinals NFC central?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yeah the NFC West couldn't have been more randomized

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers rams saints falcons 49ers

Yeah sure whatever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Interesting article by Joe Browne in Peter King's guest column today as to how the divisions were chosen in the AFL/NFL merger.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/28/fmia-guest-joe-browne-afl-nfl-merger/

How exactly did they come up with the preferred alignment that would last for more than three decades? What deals had to be made?

In the end, they couldn't. Pete Rozelle's secretary Thelma drew the number 3 out of an empty flower vase.

They don't get into it, but none of the established NFC teams wanted to move to the AFC, but Art Modell loving loved money, so he lobbied for a cash payout to be offered, then jumped on it immediately. He also figured that the AFC would be weak as hell and he could dominate the competition. He also didn't want to lose his rivalry with the steelers so convinced them to move with the Browns.

So yes, Art Modell is directly responsible for the Steelers dynasty.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Art Modell rules

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Plan 1 is the one that seems the most "correct" geographically. And while the Cowboys stick out, just imagine all the 80s/90s NFC West battles between the 49ers and the Cowboys in the division even before the playoffs.

Plan 4 would've been pure hell as a Saints fan back then.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I probably want to see the pats win with cam more than I want to see the saints win anything lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Plan 1 is the one that seems the most "correct" geographically. And while the Cowboys stick out, just imagine all the 80s/90s NFC West battles between the 49ers and the Cowboys in the division even before the playoffs.

Plan 4 would've been pure hell as a Saints fan back then.

Being a saints fan was hell enough.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i just realized if cam stays past 2020 the patriots visit the panthers in 2021

Kalli posted:

They don't get into it, but none of the established NFC teams wanted to move to the AFC, but Art Modell loving loved money, so he lobbied for a cash payout to be offered, then jumped on it immediately. He also figured that the AFC would be weak as hell and he could dominate the competition. He also didn't want to lose his rivalry with the steelers so convinced them to move with the Browns.

So yes, Art Modell is directly responsible for the Steelers dynasty.

i thought one reason the browns jumped was the lure of an intrastate rivalry with the bengals

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

Art Modell rules

:hai:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Silly Burrito posted:

huh, there was an 80% chance of the Vikings not being in the same division as the Packers/Bears. Clearly god interfered to create the NFC North we have today

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Vertical Lime posted:

i just realized if cam stays past 2020 the patriots visit the panthers in 2021

So we could have Pats/Panthers and Pats/Bucs with QB drama in 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am seriously excited by this cam news. I know the world sucks right now but I am glad my team signed him and I hope he’s really good again.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cam gonna get TB12'd to good health and victory with the Pats and I'm going to love and hate it all. gently caress.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

Cam gonna get TB12'd to good health and victory with the Pats and I'm going to love and hate it all. gently caress.

I figured TB12 would pack up and leave with TB12

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Cam will never be healthy again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cam Newton: Gun of the Patriots

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The Patriots signed Cam to deflect attention away from the cheating scandal and to excite the fans who expected a lost season. When it inevitably turns out he is too injured to play well, it will allow Pats fans to scapegoat him. Or, if we are being honest, do what that one twitter joke was.

The NFL is scripted.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I mean, are there non-Patriots fans who do not accept that they've cheated? I'm starting to laugh...

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

MoaM posted:

I mean, are there non-Patriots fans who do not accept that they've cheated? I'm starting to laugh...

Probably Saints fans but they are just crypto-Pats fans.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MoaM posted:

Every team cheats somehow, other teams are just better at not getting caught.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1277366301833527296?s=19

lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sign Johnny Football you cowards

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

“Probably”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mystic Stylez posted:

sign Johnny Football you cowards

Could he be a booth guy?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Could he be a booth guy?

I don't think there's any way they'd put him in front of an NFL game, but if he somehow got a job doing college games for awhile and was good, yeah sure eventually.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AdamLefkoe/status/1277424245698633733

Former MVP making less than Chase Daniel lmao

Kalli posted:

I don't think there's any way they'd put him in front of an NFL game, but if he somehow got a job doing college games for awhile and was good, yeah sure eventually.

I mean, yeah start em there. Let em do Texas A&M games too!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Good evidences that teams are dumb as poo poo next time someone argues they're not

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamLefkoe/status/1277424245698633733

Former MVP making less than Chase Daniel lmao

I mean, yeah start em there. Let em do Texas A&M games too!

I mean Jameis is only making 1.1 million so you could use that stat with a lot of people.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mystic Stylez posted:

sign Johnny Coward you footballs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is Johnny Football the biggest Browns QB bust?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's gotta be Tim Couch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Tim Couch was overall #1.

The biggest "this had no chance of ever working" though? Brandon Weeden. Guys, you drafted a 28 year old in the 1st round, what the gently caress were you thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tim Couch never had a chance being thrown on a garbage expansion team.