Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Christ could you mods be any more obvious that you're all just itching at the finger to press your big shiny ban buttons again to silence every last dissident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLFlIuuyMQ&t=111s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suck me, gently caress me, dirty-duck me

You would not survive. A man who takes issue with a sixer is too weak in spirit to gently caress with me

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im recently vegetarian but arbys is tasty as h*ck imo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

He didn't even call them a loving name. It was self-righteous sure but it's 100% the same tone that scrub has been posting at me about and he went unpunished. Compare:

It's the same goddamn tone, I'd argue the bottom two are easily more directly insulting/dickish
the difference is one had content you disagree with and the other two you do agree with

tbf it was originally just mocking them for the dumb "ah but you participate in a society curious" argument but then i got mad and edited it to be meaner, then presumably squizzle got rational hitler'd and welp

Crane Fist posted:

Imagine being this much of a shrieking little bitch because loving yinlock got a sixer, log off sometime

imagine taking this much personal offence to someone daring to question the imaginary forum cops

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Crane Fist posted:

You would not survive. A man who takes issue with a sixer is too weak in spirit to gently caress with me

It wasn't the punishment it was the pretense I took issue with
Don't say "it's because he was mean to those posters" if the actual reason was "he hurt my feelings"

it's okay to feel
maybe if mods actually said "hey jack, I'm just a person and this is really starting to weigh on me" folks would let up a bit and empathize

instead they just do everything in the worst way possible

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 29, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Soon this thread will just be “imagine being this mad about thing” posts by people insisting that they are in fact not mad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Soon this thread will just be “imagine being this mad about thing” posts by people insisting that they are in fact not mad

no i'm fairly mad i was probed for no reason but it's ultimately not that big a deal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you might even say i'm Mad Online, which is apparently the worst crime of all

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yinlock posted:

everyone look at this poster

they care about something

not me
I've never cared even once

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

can anyone actually explain what they're mad about

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LK do you miss being a mod?

Do you think they would take you back or do all the modmins hate you for resigning and being honest about everything going on?

I thought you were a good one.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i care about each and every one of my posts

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Bearjew posted:

:blastu:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bearjew posted:

squiz probated me because i was being an aggressive poo poo, which is fair, but then started ascribing bullshit reasons to it because he obviously hadn't read any of the context around it(he's admitted to doing this before) and welp

it's a good practical example of "staff refuses to admit any fault whatsoever and just digs deeper" though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D1E posted:

LK do you miss being a mod?

Do you think they would take you back or do all the modmins hate you for resigning and being honest about everything going on?

I thought you were a good one.

I was also wondering this
It seems like the other mods kinda boned you

I think you'll come out of this on the right side of "history" but you also don't seem like you have a raging compulsion for fake authority

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Yinlock posted:

tell me... have you ever been mad online with the devil in the pale moonlight? it doesn't mean anything at all, it's just something i ask of all my prey, i just like the sound of it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did everyone know that the Ren and Stimpy guy John K is also a disgusting abuser who has beaten women and also relentlessly groomed teens through the internet well into his 40s? I'm surprised he and lowtax never became friends.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I think you'll come out of this on the right side of "history" but you also don't seem like you have a raging compulsion for fake authority

they played his rear end, announced everyone was walking while planning to build their own little replacement community so the faithless self-purged from the club

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why does anyone care about mods or being a mod? It seems like a great way to turn your hobby into all the toil of having a job while also evacuating it of any pleasure.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
the mods agreed to step down at midnight and lk actually did it then the mods surrounded him like the end of eva except each 'congratulations' was probating someone in gbs

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Bearjew posted:

at the moment I'm mad that when Data had Stephen Hawking play poker with him he was like nah, I'll leave him all pretzeled up. I'll just give him a little clamp to hold the cards, it's fine, lol.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Crane Fist posted:

they're not going to mod you no matter how much you tongue their buttholes hth

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

no i'm fairly mad i was probed for no reason but it's ultimately not that big a deal

yeah, it’s not a big deal, but the overall SA culture of “anyone can be punished at any time for any reason” def encourages abuses of power.

when a poster gets mad, they should take 5 and listen to some relaxing music, read the SCP thread, look at some funny memes, and reconsider whether or not they want to angrypost. it’s good and healthy. the same thing applies to mods, except angry mod button mashing sends a much sharper message about what is or isn’t allowed in a thread.

idk, just... be honest when somebody made you mad? it’s way easier for people to empathize with a mod when your response is “that hurt”. nobody’s trying to be a dick, everyone’s got feelings, we’re all human. when the reaction is instead “gently caress you here’s a punishment, who are you again?? :grin:“ it comes across as needlessly antagonistic and aloof.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
LK was One Of The Good Ones

F

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why does anyone care about mods or being a mod? It seems like a great way to turn your hobby into all the toil of having a job while also evacuating it of any pleasure.

while the few mods who actually give a poo poo tend to burn out fairly quickly, the bad mods just don't bother doing their jobs and they get free buttons to punish their enemies

p. good deal for them

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, don't you all see, this is all proof: if this forum had no cops it would be CHAOS. Can you imagine trying to protect yourself from the posting???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

at the moment I'm mad that when Data had Stephen Hawking play poker with him he was like nah, I'll leave him all pretzeled up. I'll just give him a little clamp to hold the cards, it's fine, lol.

hosed up imo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

everyone look at this poster

they care about something

not me
I've never cared even once

wow thats so cool

its so cool how you don't care

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I just think "AMAB" is unnecessarily combative, there are good mods in a bad system

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I wouldn't say that. I stepped down because I felt it wasn't right for me to be posting with a star when people wanted answers. I resigned a fair bit, maybe 8 hours or so, before Jeffrey confirmed a deal was in the works, because I wasn't actually sure such a thing would happen.

I don't know what I would do in the future. The reality of being a CSPAM mod is mostly looking at a bunch of reports and going "most of these are whatever, misc." I wouldn't mind coming back if Lowtax was for sure gone, but I've also contemplated using this as an opportunity to stop posting under this username and move on after more than a decade of lurking and posting on Something Awful.

For now, I am waiting to see if Jeffrey pulls it off.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I just think "AMAB" is unnecessarily combative, there are good mods in a bad system

"defund the mods" is unnecessarily confusing, maybe we should change it to "reform the mods"

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

We need more good mods and maybe we can reform SA from the inside

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I wouldn't mind coming back

like Charlie Brown and the football

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

like Charlie Brown and the football

Well, I also made a BNR account under a new name, so who knows where the future takes us.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The other question is do you have any indication whether they'd take you back without hesitation or is it couched in a "well we'll see where we are at the time"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The other question is do you have any indication whether they'd take you back without hesitation or is it couched in a "well we'll see where we are at the time"

dunno

that's the beautiful part about right now, people can ask me things and I'm just like lol no idea

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
You were a good mod, Lightning Knight. Thanks for backing me up in QCS that one time.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

He's no longer a cop they want to murder him.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bearjew posted:

if mods were truly brave they would carpetbomb this thread with sixers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
No Lives Matter actually refers to how we should give our loser mods and admins unconditional support. There's supposed to be a hyphen in there.