Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check it out.

Finally unlocked the Duelist outfit as well so my tiny grey can run around in a cape. I die a bit often in the saucer, but it's fun to stack speed and turn rate on that thing and do donuts around enemies. Perhaps a bit much with EM and the acceleration affix on Kobayashi, but gotta go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Speaking of zipping around, has anyone tried a HOTAS setup for STO? Seems like with Keybind macros and a good pilot ship it would be fun as gently caress.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://twitter.com/VengeanceGOD/status/1274555417696145408

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Do I need to completely fill the 2800 point meta-event progress bar to get the 1000 lobi/200 + ship reward? I read something about only needing to complete 2 of the 4 events and skipped the first two (I'm weird and dislike MMO events). Doing just enough to complete the current event only gave me 700 points toward the meta-event, but I did notice that I got another 50 by earning the dilithium post-completion reward. However since the event ends in a few days, I won't have anywhere near 1400 points.

FuturePastNow posted:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vorgon_Tetryon_Discharge_Prism

There's also this space dildo from the mission Vorgon Conclusions.

My first thought was of the aliens from the Hitchhiker's series, the Vogons.

Who like to shout "resistance is useless", now that I think about it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I think you need a shade over 3 events worth of poo poo.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

I think you need a shade over 3 events worth of poo poo.

If you do it at the same time every day, it's just under 3, I finished mine last week. If you can somehow do it every 20 hours, since that's the cool down, you'll get it a little faster.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Some more quality of life stuff going on with the Personnel tab: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853

Ambassador Kael posted:

As part of our continuing efforts to make more parts of the game accessible to every one of your characters, from those of you that have 2 to those of you have that 592, we’re happy to announce that beginning on June 25th, all purchases made from the Personnel Tab of the Zen Store will be unlocked for your entire account! This includes:

Bridge Officers
Combat Companions
Companions
Tribbles

And more. If you already purchased any of these items, fear not, they will immediately become unlocked for your entire account. However, if these items were purchased as part of a separate bundle, they will remain fixed to the character that claimed them. Because these items are now unlocked for your entire account, they will no longer be tradable with other players.

The only exception to this change will be the Bridge Officer Slot that was purchasable in the personnel tab – this will now live permanently in the Services tab of the Zen Store.

Enjoy, Captains!

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

they really went with the lowest hanging fruit there, when people asked for account unlocks they mean lobi/lockbox ships

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teron D Amun posted:

they really went with the lowest hanging fruit there, when people asked for account unlocks they mean lobi/lockbox ships

An optimist might look at it as a test drive to see if it increases sales.

I'm not an optimist though.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://www.arcgames.com/en/stocountdown

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1275458597728727040

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

new event with the red angel suit as reward: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11464293

given how long this one runs we wont see the summer event before August

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 23, 2020

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Teron D Amun posted:

new event with the red angel suit as reward: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11464293

I want to see how this suit breaks old STFs, like the end of the ground Infected map.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Teron D Amun posted:

Verified by their twitter account, the lolnut festival will start after this event for PC.

Also, they had to fix the blog post. Originally it was listing an event that lasted 29 days and required 30 days of progress. Now it's lasting 30 days and requires 20 days of progress. At this point, I just assume they do it on purpose. There's no way to be so consistently inaccurate in their short blog posts by mistake.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

More leaks:

New Episodes, Patrols, and TFO: Two new episodes, three new patrols, and a new TFO featuring Robert O'Reilly as Aakar, J.G. Hertzler as Martok, and Rekha Sharma as Adet'pa!

Become the Red Angel : Complete the House Divided event to earn the Red Angel Suit, ground armor with unique offensive and defensive abilities! (This one is already on a blog)

Angel's Wake Lockbox : Follow the Red Angel's path through time with a variety of items inspired by Season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery, including the terrifying Ba'ul Sentry Ship!

* Anti-Proton ground and space weapons
* ship console [Console - Universal - Ba'ul Linked Sentry Coordination Matrix] - Calls in 10 sentry ships to aid you

Special C-Store bundle - Tardigrade Companion, Vanity Shield, phaser weapon

Updates to bun hair options, updates to Worf, the K't'inga update appears to add options for Kronos One

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

New thread title (if we keep having a thread): “I can’t speak for your dental situation, Commander"
P.S. asked a bit back in the in-game goon channel, did we ever get a Discord set up?

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
As foretold above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sbWyzDCn4Y

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So, as the forums burn down around us, and a bit upthread and some weeks ago there was discussion about not even being able to give ships away in goondom:

I don't suppose someone is just sitting on some flavor of special req pack that produces a Thrai dread that they're just dying to give away to some goon? :v:

Also, new content, woo, I guess. I still need to do the existing disco stuff.

edit: lmao they try to justify the removal of the calendar as "giving us bad information" and the rep had to correct himself before he said it just gave us information flat out

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 25, 2020

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

Rx King posted:

More leaks:

New Episodes, Patrols, and TFO: Two new episodes, three new patrols, and a new TFO featuring Robert O'Reilly as Aakar, J.G. Hertzler as Martok, and Rekha Sharma as Adet'pa!

Become the Red Angel : Complete the House Divided event to earn the Red Angel Suit, ground armor with unique offensive and defensive abilities! (This one is already on a blog)

Angel's Wake Lockbox : Follow the Red Angel's path through time with a variety of items inspired by Season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery, including the terrifying Ba'ul Sentry Ship!

* Anti-Proton ground and space weapons
* ship console [Console - Universal - Ba'ul Linked Sentry Coordination Matrix] - Calls in 10 sentry ships to aid you

Special C-Store bundle - Tardigrade Companion, Vanity Shield, phaser weapon

Updates to bun hair options, updates to Worf, the K't'inga update appears to add options for Kronos One

Funny thing is, on tonight's livestream Kael accidentally showed a loading screen that gave away a lot of this info :D

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Some more:

Personal traits

Tenaviks_Counsel

* On dealing Antiproton Damage or other Damage over Time: {Effect} per sec {Duration}
Supersaturated_Katra_Stones

* 15% Chance to Foes that Damage you: {m.p.m[1].custom}
* {Default} damage to Foes within 2 Meters of Attacker (Only against Living Foes)
* After being targetted once, a Foe cannot be targetted again for 30 seconds
Fragment_Of_Ai_Tech

* +{Magnitude}% Energy Weapon Damage based on Control Expertise (Max +30% at 300 Control Expertise)
Intelligence_Agent_Attache

* No data
Starship trait

Onboard_Dilithium_Recrystallizer (Box trait)

* +{Magnitude}% Bonus Damage per non-Weapon Power Subsystem currently at maximum {Duration}
* Add {Magnitude} Power per sec to whichever Subsystem is lowest {Duration}
Ba'ul ship Trait(not in order)

* When you enter combat:
* +{Magnitude}% Hull Regeneration {Duration} <i>(stacks up to 20 times)</i>
* {Effect} {Duration} <i>(stacks up to 20 times)</i>
* When you critically hit:
* +40-0% Critical Chance over first 10 sec <i>(Max once per 60 sec)
Risian Science Ship trait

* Adds a severe electrical charge to your Bridge Officer anomalies.
* {Effect} <i>(ignores shields)</i> to foes within 5km
* {Effect} to allies within 5km[/s]

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
here is the official post:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11465833-the-angel%27s-wake-lock-box

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
If you were looking forward to being able to claim your furry boffs on all your alts, you might want to hold off for now. There are multiple reports on reddit of the boffs showing as "available" but they're still charging zen, or erroring out if you don't have enough zen to buy them.

Also, I've seen a report that they 'fixed' the fact that people couldn't claim the medical pack on new alts, and somehow made it so that you can claim it again on chars that already had it - meaning you get second epic admiralty ship.

Edit: Confirmed. I can grab a new copy of the pack on characters that already had one.

g0del fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 25, 2020

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

g0del posted:

Also, I've seen a report that they 'fixed' the fact that people couldn't claim the medical pack on new alts, and somehow made it so that you can claim it again on chars that already had it - meaning you get second epic admiralty ship.

Edit: Confirmed. I can grab a new copy of the pack on characters that already had one.

Thanks dude! Just grabbed them on all my admiralty alts!

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So I haven't played for a while (since before discovery was released) and am thinking of starting to play again so I was wondering if there was a discord or something that is up to date with the current information and stuff.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
What’s the singularity core of choice these days?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jxforema posted:

What’s the singularity core of choice these days?
I believe the current generic meta is the disco rep core + shield, along with the competitive rep impulse engine and the fleet colony deflector array.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11467893-the-plain-and-simple-bundle

This doesn't look too bad. A limited-time bundle with the Keldon, a holo-Garak bridge officer, some gold upgrade tokens, nothing spectacular but it could be-

Oh? It's a single character unlock only? And it's 1500 loving lobi? :laffo: I guess they're definitely toying with how to keep the cash flow going without lockboxes, or at least they're trying to monetize older box stuff nobody wants, but they have to be pushing the limit now.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

why are lockboxes gone?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Statutory Ape posted:

why are lockboxes gone?

They're not gone yet, but the writing is on the wall about exploitive gambleboxes getting some kind of law or regulation against them at some point soon.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Error 404 posted:

They're not gone yet, but the writing is on the wall about exploitive gambleboxes getting some kind of law or regulation against them at some point soon.

good. i dont mind spending money on microtransactions but watching people with control or gambling issues drop bank on bullshit is painful

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

I believe the current generic meta is the disco rep core + shield, along with the competitive rep impulse engine and the fleet colony deflector array.
Idly I use the colony deflector, competitive rep shield and engines, and a spire core, but I'm probably a meta or two behind now. :effort:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

in the New Items or Mudds Market tab you can claim the Cryptic 20th Anniversary Pack for free, it includes a Platinum Vanity Shield, Platinum Tardigrade and Cryptonian title (account unlocks) as well as a Gold quality Discovery Sniper rifle (one character claim only) and 3 spec points (account tradeable)

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I tried out the new TFO...and it bugged out partway through so I had to back out and do patrols for my daily event credit.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

The new TFO is an absolute chore. Sometimes I wonder why I still bother with this game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Teron D Amun posted:

in the New Items or Mudds Market tab you can claim the Cryptic 20th Anniversary Pack for free, it includes a Platinum Vanity Shield, Platinum Tardigrade and Cryptonian title (account unlocks) as well as a Gold quality Discovery Sniper rifle (one character claim only) and 3 spec points (account tradeable)

You sure about this? Not seeing it anywhere

edit: it's under the featured tab

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It can be reclaimed on other characters from the bundles tab of the mudd store. Except for the rifle, which is apparently meant to be a one time only claim for some reason. Why isn't this in the promotions tab? Because Cryptic.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

Because Cryptic.

Perhaps the most apt studio name ever,

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Idly I use the colony deflector, competitive rep shield and engines, and a spire core, but I'm probably a meta or two behind now. :effort:
Yeah, what I listed is the current generic setup recommended on reddit and the dps-league website, but it's not like yours is wrong or broken. But the disco rep is the newest one, and you know how cryptic is about power creep. I'm pretty sure the disco rep ground gear is also meta now, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

g0del posted:

Yeah, what I listed is the current generic setup recommended on reddit and the dps-league website, but it's not like yours is wrong or broken. But the disco rep is the newest one, and you know how cryptic is about power creep. I'm pretty sure the disco rep ground gear is also meta now, too.

The disco ground gear is meta for melee, nakuhl wep and shield is still generic meta afaik