Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Haha love this hurt me daddy mood you have going. have you recently been In an automotive accident or maybe fell down and bumped your head or something?

No I just know exactly what to expect from doomposting goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Haha love this hurt me daddy mood you have going. have you recently been In an automotive accident or maybe fell down and bumped your head or something?

probe kink spotted

naem
May 29, 2011

Guy Axlerod posted:

Somehow all the feedback on this is positive? Your comfort level has nothing to do with this. The virus doesn't care what color wristband you put on.

me returning to work

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

naem posted:

me returning to work

i know people talking about buying a full on papr system..which is like idk 3-4 grand ish...yeahhhh idk

it is kinda sick tho

i think that's just the reflection coating, not a blue screen of death cosplayer btw dont get excited

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 29, 2020

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

naem posted:

me returning to work
Do you think they have one robe for work or a robe for each day? If I were Emperor I wouldn't want my guards to smell bad.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

feelix posted:

If the climate change consensus shifted to "things are looking up" you would flip your opinion on scientific consensus and construct a conspiracy theory about how the scientists are lying

I love being a doomsaying goon but if 100% of climate science experts and 99.7% of scientists in general said we were looking up I'd probably believe them. This is a weird thing you've picked to be antagonistically contrarian about.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

zer0spunk posted:

so you did not look at the flower pot cat

you should, it's p. sweet

Yeah I'm definitely the one that needs cheering up ITT

Not the people who are willing to do a 180 and become science deniers just so they can slightly optimize their belief in how bad things are

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

feelix posted:

Not the people who are willing to do a 180 and become science deniers just so they can slightly optimize their belief in how bad things are

its ok once i get my daft punk outfit, i'll hug you. no judgement

naem
May 29, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

Do you think they have one robe for work or a robe for each day? If I were Emperor I wouldn't want my guards to smell bad.

it’s like the army where you get 4 uniforms and have to wash them twice a week, or go buy more sets for fancy dress duty and keep your old gross ones for the field

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Hazo posted:

I love being a doomsaying goon but if 100% of climate science experts and 99.7% of scientists in general said we were looking up I'd probably believe them. This is a weird thing you've picked to be antagonistically contrarian about.

It is incredibly frustrating when every issue is split into two sides and both sides are willing to be aggressively irrational in order to justify their dogmatic beliefs

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Guy Axlerod posted:

Somehow all the feedback on this is positive? Your comfort level has nothing to do with this. The virus doesn't care what color wristband you put on.

it just keeps getting worse. show me the dumb mother fucker that thought this was a good idea. never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity and all but cmon... jesus god. what about the one dude who has to be at the office to afford Insulin or he dies wears his red wwjd bracelet one day and someone mistakes him for huggable?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

So I'm Chinese and my gf's parents are not Chinese (also not white Trump supporters, if that matters) and old, and they're constantly telling her not to see me because the virus came from China. We're trying to avoid them for now because they are idiots and went to Las Vegas last week, and now that they're back they are going around seeing more friends and going out to malls. We asked them to get tested for going out so much, but now they're requiring us to get tested as well because I'm Chinese. I work from home and only go out for groceries once a week, and we act paranoid after coming home and sanitize everything and immediately shower.

I know they're just being incredibly racist and toxic, and that's how old people are, but I don't know what to do. We keep telling them not to go out, but it's all somehow my fault because of the "Chinese Virus". I don't want to escalate the situation and sink to their level, and we try to confront them about their racism all the time. This probably also belongs in the boomer thread. Normally I completely sever any ties I have with toxic people but now I don't have a choice but to deal with this BS. Sorry, it just really ruins my mood in an already lovely pandemic world and guess I just need a place to rant.

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 29, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

AlphaKeny1 posted:

So I'm Chinese and my gf's parents are not Chinese (also not white Trump supporters, if that matters) and old, and they're constantly telling her not to see me because the virus came from China. We're trying to avoid them for now because they are idiots and went to Las Vegas last week, and now that they're back they are going around seeing more friends and going out to malls. We asked them to get tested for going out so much, but now they're requiring us to get tested as well because I'm Chinese. I work from home and only go out for groceries once a week, and we act paranoid after coming home and sanitize everything and immediately shower.

I know they're just being incredibly racist and toxic, and that's how old people are, but I don't know what to do. We keep telling them not to go out, but it's all somehow my fault because of the "Chinese Virus". I don't want to escalate the situation and sink to their level, and we try to confront them about their racism all the time. This probably also belongs in the boomer thread. Normally I completely sever any ties I have with toxic people but now I don't have a choice but to deal with this BS. Sorry, it just really ruins my mood in an already lovely pandemic world and guess I just need a place to rant.

that really blows, i'm sorry.

just avoid em as best as possible, if you end up having kids the last thing you want is that kinda bullshit around em.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Any vaccine approved by the current FDA has a 50/50 shot of being composed entirely of liquified pig poo poo.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

AlphaKeny1 posted:

:sever: the parents. there's enough stress going around right now let alone having to deal with outdated racist pieces of poo poo. dont be afraid to sink to their level because they sound pretty irredeemable. I say let them have it.

bird with big dick posted:

Any vaccine approved by the current FDA has a 50/50 shot of being composed entirely of liquified pig poo poo.

as an md in the field of liquified pig poo poo I can verify this man's statement.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

zer0spunk posted:

i know people talking about buying a full on papr system..which is like idk 3-4 grand ish...yeahhhh idk

it is kinda sick tho

i think that's just the reflection coating, not a blue screen of death cosplayer btw dont get excited

Does the hose connect to the butt?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want out of the Cool Zone friends. Lets pool our money and move to Antarctica, the Freezing Zone! I view this 'graph' not as a curve or spike or whatever, but a dip below the X- Axis (maybe Y, I'm not a Dr.) in March and we are only going deeper. Hey were drownin' over here, help us out, but no. The Cool Zone is real and very uncool, also anyone know the unemployment rate, is it 30% or more yet like the quote?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Just got tested today. I hope im positively negative.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

I want out of the Cool Zone friends. Lets pool our money and move to Antarctica, the Freezing Zone! I view this 'graph' not as a curve or spike or whatever, but a dip below the X- Axis (maybe Y, I'm not a Dr.) in March and we are only going deeper. Hey were drownin' over here, help us out, but no. The Cool Zone is real and very uncool, also anyone know the unemployment rate, is it 30% or more yet like the quote?

it's too much Micheal, the unemployment rate is too much

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

feelix posted:

Posters ITT are literally antivaxxing and directly arguing against a professional that works in clinical trials

You don't believe in science and expert opinions, you believe in pessimism above all else

Bring on the dogpile and reports you stupid loving pieces of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just want to be clear here, this probation is not because I support antivaxxers, anti vax is basically the dumbest poo poo on earth. Its because in a very civil thread you can't try to make a point without being an rear end in a top hat.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Dear Watson posted:

that costs extra

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a good antibody test now and how do I get it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dear Watson posted:

It certainly can

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dear Watson posted:

It can if you want it to

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Is there a good antibody test now and how do I get it

Donate blood to the Red Cross, read they give you that info for free.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Just want to be clear here, this probation is not because I support antivaxxers, anti vax is basically the dumbest poo poo on earth. Its because in a very civil thread you can't try to make a point without being an rear end in a top hat.

The person they were replying to has always been a stupid rear end in a top hat ITT.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool Zone? More like Fool Zone, am I right fella's?! Try the Shrimp and don't forget to tip your server!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

feelix posted:

I'd happily take a vaccine where there was an international scientific consensus of it being safe and effective. The entirely hypothetical Trump's Warp Speed Vaccine would probably not have this on day 1, but if that consensus was reached by day 180 then that'd be fine.

I don't think that makes me antivaxx, I'm up to date on all of my immunizations and I get a flu shot literally every year and would happily take the coronavirus vaccine if there was actual scientific backing for it.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

I'd happily take a vaccine where there was an international scientific consensus of it being safe and effective. The entirely hypothetical Trump's Warp Speed Vaccine would probably not have this on day 1, but if that consensus was reached by day 180 then that'd be fine.

I don't think that makes me antivaxx, I'm up to date on all of my immunizations and I get a flu shot literally every year and would happily take the coronavirus vaccine if there was actual scientific backing for it.

this is where im at. while im not as consistent with my flu shot, I have gotten it the last few years. im of the idea that vaccines do in fact own. gently caress polio, and gently caress measles too. but I just will not trust anything that gets near the presidents hosed up posture. I look forward to the day there is a reliable tried and true vaccine widely available to all because every day I miss hugging my bros more. I miss hugging my parents too darnit!!!!!!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
If Trump is going to put his name behind a vaccine then I'm sure there will be enough human beta testers out there to figure out how bad it is.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

:sever: the parents. there's enough stress going around right now let alone having to deal with outdated racist pieces of poo poo. dont be afraid to sink to their level because they sound pretty irredeemable. I say let them have it.

That's what I'm hoping to do in the near future. We're in the Bay Area so we live with our parents (we don't live together yet) and are working to get stable enough to start moving out. I'm lucky and very fortunate that I'm now a computer toucher and should be able to rent a place relatively soon.

zer0spunk posted:

just avoid em as best as possible, if you end up having kids the last thing you want is that kinda bullshit around em.

Seriously, if we end up with kids I am very ready to sacrifice every toxic person in my life to the nearest local volcano god. If the next generation can grow up without the influence of boomer poo poo, that'll be a huge win for the human race.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into e/n and will stop.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

this is where im at. while im not as consistent with my flu shot, I have gotten it the last few years. im of the idea that vaccines do in fact own. gently caress polio, and gently caress measles too. but I just will not trust anything that gets near the presidents hosed up posture. I look forward to the day there is a reliable tried and true vaccine widely available to all because every day I miss hugging my bros more. I miss hugging my parents too darnit!!!!!!

I'm not sure what to think anymore since Trump supporters have doubled down so hard that the virus is a hoax/scam and that we shouldn't vaccinate. If Trump starts to promote the vaccine he'll have to admit that his only remaining supporting base is wrong, or ask them to yet again perform incredible mental gymnastics.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shaocaholica posted:

If Trump is going to put his name behind a vaccine then I'm sure there will be enough human beta testers out there to figure out how bad it is.

Listen, I may have gotten my Trump Bux by direct deposit but I got a letter signed by him. If he wants to put his name behind more checks, than yes, thank you!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

zer0spunk posted:

that costs extra

It certainly can

QuarkJets posted:

It can if you want it to

SOLD!

QuarkJets posted:

This is where it's at. I don't trust Trump to do the right thing for the country ever. Everything he touches turns to poo poo, and I don't believe for a second that he listens to any scientist or experts in any field. He watches TV and that's it.

I love me some vaccines, but a Trump vaccine? Its gonna be liquid pig poo poo. I'll keep working from home until it's proven.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Shaocaholica posted:

If Trump is going to put his name behind a vaccine...

Vaccine delayed so Trump can put his signature on it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

madeintaipei posted:

The person they were replying to has always been a stupid rear end in a top hat ITT.

please report it, we dont need any of that ITT

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

Obviously there's more out there that can be a pandemic but here's one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
AZ's dummy too-little-too-late governor announced today a "pause" for the next 30 days on movie theaters, gyms, bars, waterparks, and tubing.
They're also activating "crisis standards of care" for hospitals which is emergency mode for hospitals. Delayed start of school year too.

Pence is still visiting on Wednesday but they're not allowing him to have a rally lol

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Watch Trump pitch a fit about Pence not having a rally.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

canyoneer posted:

AZ's dummy too-little-too-late governor announced today a "pause" for the next 30 days on movie theaters, gyms, bars, waterparks, and tubing.
They're also activating "crisis standards of care" for hospitals which is emergency mode for hospitals. Delayed start of school year too.

Pence is still visiting on Wednesday but they're not allowing him to have a rally lol

And somehow this is still better than how Texas is handling things.

E: for the record the only one of those in Texas that is currently shut down is bars. Tubing is technically closed, but the rental places just shifted to selling tubes and inflating them for you.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
are we dead yet?

Chomp8645 posted:

Coronavirus vaccines are a conservative hoax!

Xaintrailles posted:

Vaccine delayed so Trump can put his signature on it.

workin' at it p hard i see

c yall n th nxt wrld <---- practicing my ouija board txt skillz, gonna be a afterlife celeb