Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I think our boys are gonna be all right.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1277649915041153025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol since cth got banned traffic in cspam has shot up by like 200 users

dont doxx me

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i like cum town but that sub was a disaster before it went private, i cant imagine how bad it got after

it actually got funnier

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Looks like a lot that I met on the subreddit will be back on SA. Reading my reddit feed just made me angry every day honestly, so good riddance. At least MTC is still up... for now.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The best thing about reddit is how if you have anything like a substantive discussion, it just gets buried in the weird threading system and nobody sees it. The site itself is telling you you're wasting your time.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

A Russian troll farm posted:

The best thing about reddit is how if you have anything like a substantive discussion, it just gets buried in the weird threading system and nobody sees it. The site itself is telling you you're wasting your time.

Double upboats my dude you win the internet today

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theleft.jpg

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

:tipshat:

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
https://imgur.com/a/8O0qsV9

Isn’t Felix or Virgil or one of them an ex-SA poster? I heard them talking about Dan Quinn, an old FYAD favorite

Sufficient has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Jun 29, 2020

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Often Abbreviated posted:

listening to the most recent premium Chapo and the boys are limp wet noodles on the "attack and dethrone god" front, wringing their hands from every possible angle over statues getting torn down. weeping over people engaging in symbolic politics.

shameful, just shameful. all politics is symbolic. if an unjust state puts up a statue of MLK you tear that motherfucker down. deny the state it's symbolic language and you deny it the tools of its oppression.

pairs really poorly with Matt's revelations streams too. he's got it all figured out about internet posters distantly critiquing the national moment but touch one statue and SO HELP YOU

CHAPO-CHECK!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

What exactly do you want?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

ikanreed posted:

What exactly do you want?

https://i.redd.it/xd4el0y5jr751.jpg

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i like cum town but that sub was a disaster before it went private, i cant imagine how bad it got after

yeah that was just loving awful, even worse once it went private. i think all the hosts are probably glad it got shut down and none of them have used it in probably a few years because it was straight up actually toxic

not sure why cth got shut down but lol

Vyacheslav
Aug 4, 2003
The only really useful part of the cumtown subreddit was the links to patreon episodes.

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hi57kc/trump_suspended_from_twitch_as_reddit_bans_the/ the good DnD liberal using the d-word as he both-sides cth and the _donald, decorum. parody?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Xaris posted:

not sure why cth got shut down but lol

they were saying vile and hateful things like "landlords are scum" and "all slave owners deserve to die"

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
cth was quarantined for advocating violence

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

against slave owners, not like against humans or anything

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
it is funny that they banned cth because everyone who posted on there was the worst kind of poster but they really had no good reason to lol

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I'm super psyched about the TrueAnon/CDAN cross-over! Insane celebrity gossip is my shameful hobby, I feel like I've been training my whole life for this moment.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

is the trueanon/war nerd crossover never happening

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

StashAugustine posted:

is the trueanon/war nerd crossover never happening

They had Mark and Yasha Levine on already, but I suspect trying to get John Dolan on the pod would be like trying to convince a particularly scared animal to come out of its hiding place so you can pet him

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its a good time to be in the 'forum thats just people embedding tweets' business

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
jeffery from yospos: :grin:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

nikosoft posted:

They had Mark and Yasha Levine on already, but I suspect trying to get John Dolan on the pod would be like trying to convince a particularly scared animal to come out of its hiding place so you can pet him
You're comparing Dolan to a rabbit, an animal somehow less prone to misfortune.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

nikosoft posted:

They were going to have a live show together and the pandemic canceled it :(

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

its a good time to be in the 'forum thats just people embedding tweets' business

:homebrew:

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

nikosoft posted:

I'm super psyched about the TrueAnon/CDAN cross-over! Insane celebrity gossip is my shameful hobby, I feel like I've been training my whole life for this moment.

Wow I might actually listen if they got Enty on.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Prince Myshkin posted:

Wow I might actually listen if they got Enty on.

they just did. love and bacon.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I suppose I should subscribe to Radio War Nerd sometime. Dolan is an interesting dude.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat that reddit poo poo is wild

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they left kotakuinaction open. lol.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

they left kotakuinaction open. lol.

i think they just keep a bunch of problematic subs in the chamber for whenever they need good pr

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

shirts and skins posted:

Apparently T_D hasn't been active in months, their users had already fled off-site. R/gendercritical getting banned is hilarious though.

Reddit is bad but Gender Critical getting banned owns (TERFs for those who didn’t know what r/gendercritical was)

Also r/consumeproduct was banned as well (it was about anti-consumerism but in a very “(((they))) want you to love Brands in order to weaken the white race” kind of way).

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Sufficient posted:

https://imgur.com/a/8O0qsV9

Isn’t Felix or Virgil or one of them an ex-SA poster? I heard them talking about Dan Quinn, an old FYAD favorite

Felix at least lurked at one point. In one episode he started to do the time is three balls on the edge of the cliff then stopped when he realized no one would know what the gently caress he was talking about.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

/r/CTH and /r/cumtown suicide bombed T_D and GenderCritical

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
are the wife-beating advice reddits still going strong? asking for a former forum owner

I'm actually kind of surprised that reddit is still as popular as it is. it's loving awful for having any sort of conversation on with the le upboats system and the awful tiered threads and poo poo. I guess people use it for info dumps on specific topics/games/etc and for memes but discord and twitter both exist, as lovely as they are, so I'm still not really getting why to stick with reddit. kind of ironic coming from a guy who just made a lowtax/SA crack I guess but at least you can talk to people easily here

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
also felix either lurked here (reveal yourself, coward) or got culture osmosis from hanging around with ex fyad guys like prospector

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ur in my world now posted:

are the wife-beating advice reddits still going strong? asking for a former forum owner

I'm actually kind of surprised that reddit is still as popular as it is. it's loving awful for having any sort of conversation on with the le upboats system and the awful tiered threads and poo poo. I guess people use it for info dumps on specific topics/games/etc and for memes but discord and twitter both exist, as lovely as they are, so I'm still not really getting why to stick with reddit. kind of ironic coming from a guy who just made a lowtax/SA crack I guess but at least you can talk to people easily here

i think it's mostly because it's a big catch-all for things, and it's so big that by virtue it also shows up as top search results for various topics and self-perpetuating. like, where the gently caress else are you going to go? 4chan? resetera? something loving awful? lmaos all around

discord/chats are actual trash for anything outside of chatting with a v small group of people, and twitter is even worse than reddit in readability or giving out info or asking for help with ___. like twitter is probably the absolute loving worst with horrendous garbage threading and the only thing it's good for is sending out sassy meme gifs if you're a lib. I absolutely loving hate everything about twitter and i don't understand how people can use it and while I get that I'm getting :corsair:, it's horrible and impossible to search for anything and nothing ever shows up chronologically nor in order by username and just throws in mixed rando users rando replies and other non-relevant things into search result or just general index.

reddit gets a lot better with reddit enhancement suite plugin or even the mobile app is kinda OK. you can change the threading format to New/Latest or Q&A and stuff, and while it still sucks, it's probably about as good as you're gunna get for web 2.0 forums/social media.

reddit can be really loving funny though when you click someones username in a chat about good local burrito places / X movie discussion / some obscure tech support things with an error message of 0f92130 and you click through and see they've posted a picture of their own gaping creampied anus in gonewild or asking for advice how to self-suck more than just the tip of their dick under selffuck. you just don't get that many contrasting lols often with like no self-awareness of privacy

Xaris has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i think reddit survives because most people basically just lurk on it for the cat pics instead of using it like an actual forum