Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Doing afl goal umpire hand signals as my hubby blows his load in me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Doing afl goal umpire hand signals as my hubby blows his load in me

:chanpop:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

You say you're an enthusiast of lube but would you be an expert?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

For example, what would be the best lubricant for a diesel engine circa 2012

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Once again Lube both horrifies and delivers, line Voorhees uber eats

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My farts smell like hypoid 90. Should i see a doctor?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

My farts smell like hypoid 90. Should i see a doctor?

That depends how you feel about the situation personally. Do you like them smelling that way or not?

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Mortal kombat but instead of toastie its goatse

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Friend at work brought up Vitalogy again today and said it was the best grunge album. I was straight away like nup going out for a smoke, not gonna get myself fired today back soon. I don't understand what's wrong with people really like what the gently caress.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

naeka posted:

Friend at work brought up Vitalogy again today and said it was the best grunge album. I was straight away like nup going out for a smoke, not gonna get myself fired today back soon. I don't understand what's wrong with people really like what the gently caress.

It’s Houdini

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7tVvQHLyo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

naeka posted:

i don't understand how "best grunge album" can't be a Nirvana record. It's like saying "best thrash album" and not suggesting one of the first 4 metallica records.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
There's a very real and awful strain of personwho earnestly believes the top 3 grunge albums are all Alice in chains jobs it's hosed up

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

loving weird but ok. I probably shouldn’t talk poo poo about others taste in music (mine is chaos) but Alice in Chains is wack.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I liked how neil young went really screechy for a few years.
off to the bakery and post office

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

i don't understand how "best grunge album" can't be a Nirvana record. It's like saying "best thrash album" and not suggesting one of the first 4 metallica records.

this is the real 'big 4' of thrash.

Any time anyone talks about the big 4 of thrash I always go 'nah its the big 1, maybe 1.5 if you wanna count mustaine'

slayer and Anthrax have like 3 good songs between them.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favourite grunge album is probably an alice in chains album

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
grunge is like a sponge

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Managed to slice my finger while cooking but didn't actually manage to penetrate deep enough to make me bleed ama

Laserface posted:

Any time anyone talks about the big 4 of thrash I always go 'nah its the big 1, maybe 1.5 if you wanna count mustaine'

Reigning blood is loving sick live but tbh

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Laserface posted:

Metallica are so much better - and wildly more successful - than the other bands in the genre they really kinda transcend it. They were the best 80s thrash band, and a very decent 90's alt-rock band. Their experiments are often poorly executed (most of St Anger) but sometimes you get cool tracks like Outlaw Torn or the S&M project.

No one else in the thrash scene really straddled that line of being heavy, intense but also listenable to normal people. I want to like other bands like Exodus or Testament but I just can't go past the big 1. Even outside of the "thrash genre" stuff like Iron Maiden or Motorhead just doesn't have that x-factor.

Hetfield really is a singular talent in that he's a beastly guitar player, has a good voice and the gift of being able to make bullshit lyrics sound generally compelling, which is where most other bands falter.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm not gonna pretend I'm the gatekeeper of thrash but it seems pretty wild to have this conversation and not even give testament an unfavourable comparison to metallica

e: I should read posts directly above me :(

Also huge respect for the hustle of this JW that figured out how to keep it up while maintaining appropriate social distancing

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Laserface posted:

poo poo talking Slayer

loving reported.

Agreed on Anthrax though.
Megadeth had one good album plus a few good songs.
Metallica peaked with Master of Puppets, declined hard over the next two albums and became parody after that.

Also Alice in chains were good but not as good as some folks make them out to be.
Friendly Reminder: Alice in Chains Began as a Hair Metal Band

well why not posted:

...Motorhead just doesn't have that x-factor.

da gently caress?

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Metallica did an extremely good job of making thrash metal palatable: they were just fast and aggressive enough to not be off-putting, their riff catalogue was the perfect thing for a novice guitar player to work through (learn For Whom The Bell Tolls then Trapped Under Ice then Battery etc.) and they were catchy.

They were never extreme and their attempts to push the envelope were just longer songs and acoustic sections so it was never challenging music but it was different enough from what other bands were doing.

I never understood how Anthrax got popular, they only got their poo poo together by 'Persistence of Time' and even then that album isn't amazing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
yeeeeaaaah here come the rooster

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

anti-magic posted:

Metallica did an extremely good job of making thrash metal palatable: they were just fast and aggressive enough to not be off-putting, their riff catalogue was the perfect thing for a novice guitar player to work through...

This is largely because Kirk and Lars can barely play their instruments.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hang on just let me activate this wah pedal like 80 times over the next thirty seconds while i ruthlessly complete the minor pentatonic scale

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

more or less how I feel about the kinks and the replacements tbh.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Retract statement about Motorhead having no x-factor, it was foolish.

Anthrax managed a rap/rock crossover years before it was in vogue, somehow. Bring The Noise was a pretty major song.

As for Kirk / Lars not being able to play their instruments ... it depends on the year, album and show. Both are kinda inconsistent. Kirk fucks up a lot but I assume that's because he smokes a tonne of weed, right? Lars doesn't really excel technically but he's a great arranger. I prefer his style to endless blast beats with no feel or groove.

AUSGBS : redpill me on ugg boots it's cold as poo poo - what is the actual good ones to get? guessing "ugg" brand is poo poo?

well why not fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 30, 2020

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

well why not posted:

AUSGBS : redpill me on ugg boots it's cold as poo poo - what is the actual good ones to get? guessing "ugg" brand is poo poo?

i got some from here and theyre pretty good so far

http://uggaustralia.com.au/

the tag has no less than 3 headings that include "100%" and "australia"

maxe fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 30, 2020

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
https://www.uggboots.com.au
I got a pair from these guys last week. They’ve owned the business since the 70’s from memory and make their boots in sunny old Penrith of all places. Their website isn’t as polished as the guys above but it does the job.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
David Koch and the weather guy having gay sex on the sunrise couch but the weather guy is wearing the cash cow suit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonviolent J is standing shivering in the corner because the weather guy took his cow suit.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ya know hee aint gonna dieayayayayayah

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Nonviolent J is standing shivering in the corner because the weather guy took his cow suit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Samantha Armytage is yelling racial slurs at him.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Samantha Armytage is yelling racial slurs at him.

Samantha Armytage moderates somethingawful?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Reign in blood is loving sick live but tbh

and angel of death. but thats all they bring to the table.

Anthrax only have among the living to be proud of and boy is that grim.

My friends and I always joke about Scott Ian. he is in basically every documentary about any major rock/metal band from the 80s/90s, but he has absolutely no reason to be peered amongst juggernauts such as Lemmy, Metallica, GnR, Motley Crue etc. he is probably more well known now for stories about other better metal bands than he is known for Anthrax.

well why not posted:

Motorhead just doesn't have that x-factor.

you shut your mouth. Motorhead definitely didnt have the X-factor for song writing, but they absolutely had a larger than life front man. If not for lemmys' persona I doubt they'd be successful at all. I love Motorhead but they really only had a handful of good albums; ace of spades, motorhead, overkill and Bastards being the best of all. its a hugely overlooked album due to a weird record label issue making it difficult to buy back in the day but even Lemmy thinks its their best album.

Bill Posters posted:

loving reported.

Agreed on Anthrax though.
Megadeth had one good album plus a few good songs.
Metallica peaked with Master of Puppets, declined hard over the next two albums and became parody after that.

The first 4 are fine, Justice is just the logical end point for their career at that time though - heavier, more technical and faster than the last album. its extremely raw, but doesnt have as many hits as the other 3 before it.

I enjoy Black album, Load, some of Re-Load. I think its easier for me because I started on Re-Load at age 12 and worked backwards. I also enjoy Rock music in general and can appreciate good song writing which the latter albums definitely have a fair chunk of.

I dont really consider metallica to be a thrash band. Kill em All definitely is a thrash album but Thrash metal in general is kinda.....poo poo? like municipal waste, suicidal tendencies, all those guys kinda suck. its unpleasant to listen to. I get that its part of the aesthetic but its also why anyone who listens to thrash metal these days is probably a huge piece of poo poo. Metallica dont really fit as a thrash band at all when you look at what is actually classified as such.

I feel the same about Nine Inch Nails though. I dislike most industrial music but Trent transcends industrial music and becomes something else entirely.

Alice in Chains are a cool band and I like the vocal harmonies and what it added to music at the time. They come up a bit when I talk stoner rock with friends. I dont think its really easy to say what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can we just cut out the middle man and finally turn Melbourne into an Escape from LA prison island cut off from the main land?

Except instead of the basketball court of death, it's AFL.