Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kazy posted:

maybe the mods and admins who enabled the cover up should step down even if they thought they were acting in good faith

absolutely. It could have been honest incompetence. That's not a defense. Turn in the badge and buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Dont Touch ME posted:

NO. We are a Dutch-French nation appropriated and subjugated by the English.

Our official language should be Mandarin.

*in extremely Southie accent*
Cao ni ma!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

JakeP posted:

Thats not what I mean. She quoted me, and then editted my quote into a passive agressive jab.

I still suck at posting which is why I am drawing and your updates are helping me, I was sincere. I shouldn't have shortened the quote. I'm sorry

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

THis has to be an actor cat right, body guard cats of this caliber dont exist in real life.

Not cell phone or traffic cam or dash cam looks like tripod probably... i have a lot of questions

rbk
Nov 2, 2005

I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them.

Help Im Alive posted:

How much is Jeffrey offering

One McChicken

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I will never say sorry for apologizing too much. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Found Lowtax's lawyer

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I like how we are all still assuming Jeff is even making a true attempt to buying the site since he hasn't said anything since then.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i, too, like how

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Photex posted:

I like how we are all still assuming Jeff is even making a true attempt to buying the site since he hasn't said anything since then.

personally i think he should not pay a half million dollars in *coin for it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Photex posted:

I'm sure he's trying, but it's a big X Factor whether lowtax can keep his poo poo together long enough to allow legal niceties to fall into place instead of just throwing it all to poo poo in a manic fit. And it's probably not prudent for Jeff to stir any hornets nests in the meanwhile.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Photex posted:

Have you ever dealt with attorneys? Most of them work at the speed of a geriatric ultra conservative Boomer. This is assuming Lowtax is actually done with his online/offline temper tantrums and wants to work with Jeffrey on a deal, which probably isn't true!

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Photex posted:

Tbf SA's finances are undoubtedly as hosed as its spaghetti code, and the blurry-to-the-point-of-being-nonexistent line separating them from Lowtax's personal finances probably isn't helping. I think everyone needs to strap in and realize that between those factors and LT's ongoing divorce, there is a non-zero chance that a sale will not, or cannot, happen.

Edit: and that's not even taking into account Lowtax being a spiteful, dumb, constantly intoxicated person going through a crisis. A crisis of his own making, but a crisis nonetheless.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why not continue to update the Questions thread?

Why the complete radio silence?

Why not even a single acknowledgement that they're aware of the concerns about Reene and investigating/determining how to proceed?

None of that has anything to do with the pace the lawyers work.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

shadow puppet of a posted:

God I hope bread and anger at landlords dot net approves my application soon so I won’t be emojis harassed like this ever again. I’m sure to get in as long as they don’t find my controversial post where I expressed my condolences that time a half dozen Dallas cops were shot and killed by a lunatic

Please, that lunatic had a family.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i mean it's not like he can keep letting it slide and expect it to actually evaporate.

It's plausible that lowtax has all kinda hosed up bullshit blocking the transfer, but there's also rumors that jeff has done poo poo like bought a xenforo license and is ready to lead the goons thru 40 threads in the desert into the forums of milk and honey

idk well see. Lowtax must be destroyed and if the situation that allowed lowtax to do his thing isn't cleared away the unique good aspects of the forum will die, just like they'll die if everyone fractures off to ten billion offsites.

D1E posted:

Why not even a single acknowledgement that they're aware of the concerns about Reene and investigating/determining how to proceed?

yeah it's p hosed

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

it would be nice to get an update...

even if its just a "nothing has changed" update

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Giga Gaia posted:

personally i think he should not pay a half million dollars in *coin for it

How about a half millions dollars IN poo poo :twisted::twisted::twisted:

not a lawyer
Jan 8, 2020
to gain control of the forums Jeffrey must complete nine impossible tasks for Lowtax

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Strumpie posted:

I'm still laughing at the poster itt who made that sick burn on Australopithecus.

I also enjoyed that. it's one of the little things I enjoy about coming here, the little witty turns of phrase etc.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

not a lawyer posted:

to gain control of the forums Jeffrey must complete nine impossible tasks for Lowtax

one of my favorite things about the nine labors is that hercules did some of them so good that the guy giving him the jobs was like "ok that doesnt count"

like when he cleans out the stables by diverting a river, it doesnt count because "the river did the work, not you!"

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm sure he's trying, but it's a big X Factor whether lowtax can keep his poo poo together long enough to allow legal niceties to fall into place instead of just throwing it all to poo poo in a manic fit. And it's probably not prudent for Jeff to stir any hornets nests in the meanwhile.

just wanted to recognize another wasteland avatar. there's you, and one other, and I used to have one (box cover art - owns) and that's it. sad

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Photex posted:

Business deals take serious time even in the best of circumstances and these are bad circumstances.

Agreed that a "no news, but we're still trying" update would go a long way.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

D1E posted:

seriously in this age of always online its EXTREMELY easy to quickly post "still working on it"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Meat Wagon posted:

How about a half millions dollars IN poo poo :twisted::twisted::twisted:

sounds good tbh

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

maybe it will be easier to buy the forums from Lowtax' next of kin

PARODY POST DO NOT BAN ME I'M A NICE BOY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

To be honest, nobody not even Jeff really wants to come out and formally announce and delineate a bunch of changes when the entire deal still hinges on a booze and pill mixing serial liar to close. There's no secret plotting, and while most mods are still not fully checked in because at any moment you may have a lowtax demolishment, you've got mods like Roth exploring how to improve sci-fi wi-fi in a subfora appropriate way, GBS adding back Grindcore to the mod pool, and the dozen or so threads in QCS about what people want. I think this twilight of effort is where this forum is stuck at the moment.

Regarding site improvements, Jeff has said he wants all non-goon ads gone and PMs for all.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fallows posted:

THis has to be an actor cat right, body guard cats of this caliber dont exist in real life.

Not cell phone or traffic cam or dash cam looks like tripod probably... i have a lot of questions

its a cool catt OP

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

one of my favorite things about the nine labors is that hercules did some of them so good that the guy giving him the jobs was like "ok that doesnt count"

like when he cleans out the stables by diverting a river, it doesnt count because "the river did the work, not you!"

My favourite part was

quote:

Eurystheus even had a large bronze jar made for him in which to hide from Heracles if need be.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spinz posted:

I still suck at posting which is why I am drawing and your updates are helping me, I was sincere. I shouldn't have shortened the quote. I'm sorry

No its ok, I am sorry for calling you passive aggressive when that wasn't what was happening.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
It's still being worked out. Literally nothing has changed. If anyone wants their poo poo on the front page PM/email/tweet at me. Renee won't be a mod once this all shakes out. Please be nicer to each other.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I am the administrators now. Everyone is probed. None of you are worthy of Salvation.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

To be honest, nobody not even Jeff really wants to come out and formally announce and delineate a bunch of changes when the entire deal still hinges on a booze and pill mixing serial liar to close. There's no secret plotting, and while most mods are still not fully checked in because at any moment you may have a lowtax demolishment, you've got mods like Roth exploring how to improve sci-fi wi-fi in a subfora appropriate way, GBS adding back Grindcore to the mod pool, and the dozen or so threads in QCS about what people want. I think this twilight of effort is where this forum is stuck at the moment.

Regarding site improvements, Jeff has said he wants all non-goon ads gone and PMs for all.

QCS has been a bit of a poo poo show. I forget his name but the one mod keeps melting down and closing threads

also lol at that last paragraph. Is that like his campaign platform?

JakeP fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 30, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Barudak posted:

Thank you for this, also Grindcore owns and so does Roth and I love the PM idea

e. what about report access for non-plat?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I honestly thought Jeff already did that a little bit before the meltdown. If not its on the agenda

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Barudak posted:

in true goon fashion I truly appreciate PMs for all 'cause it'll enable me to PM that one outstanding goon about cookies (not the lowtax kind)

Oh and also because it's a wonderful benefit that is technologically feasible, free of cost, and increases the happiness of others

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I am the administrators now. Everyone is probed. None of you are worthy of Salvation.
probed. probed. probed. youre all probed. none of you are free of sin.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Barudak posted:

This is really appreciated and goes a long way.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Renee won't be a mod once this all shakes out.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

non-plat can report i think, idk ive never snitched