Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
seriously, the indestructible goon hivemind is my favorite thing about these forums. I learn poo poo reading SA. I don't post much because I'm a chronic oversharer and also not funny, but I never get tired of some esoteric topic coming up in a thread and instantly someone will be like "paging elise" and now there's a dissertation on elf reproduction or a Pick Bee Movie review or something, it's organic and beautiful

e: that review absolves pick of many sins in my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Inceltown posted:

The goon hiveminds ability to produce the most esoteric stuff within 2 minutes of someone posting a vague description is :blessed:

i asked for a vid clip of levar burton doing the sardine dance with some mummers and got nothing :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Inceltown posted:

The goon hiveminds ability to produce the most esoteric stuff within 2 minutes of someone posting a vague description is :blessed:

i'm still waiting for the meowing boner guy post

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2768183

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Jun 30, 2020

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
That loving elf dick thing will haunt me to my grave. My husband told his therapist about me getting doxxed after making a viral post about Florence Nightingale, and mused that it would be ironic if I got fired for that instead of writing about elf dicks and vagina tentacles, and his therapist said wait, the elf dick weirdo is your wife?

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

elise the great posted:

That loving elf dick thing will haunt me to my grave. My husband told his therapist about me getting doxxed after making a viral post about Florence Nightingale, and mused that it would be ironic if I got fired for that instead of writing about elf dicks and vagina tentacles, and his therapist said wait, the elf dick weirdo is your wife?

Also, top forum quality thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930604&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

elise the great posted:

the quotes are in the thread?!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

elise the great posted:

It was a very detailed and well thought out post. No need to be ashamed of it, I mean you still have the puntil out on display right?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

elise the great posted:

literal tears in my eyes reading this

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

elise the great posted:

loving lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TheKennedys posted:

e: that review absolves pick of many sins in my eyes

That thread is great. I learned so much about bees and she even briefly had sympathy for a character that wasn't female. It's like she had the opposite of a mental breakdown.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Can you people find even one thread not to litigate me in

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zil posted:

It was a very detailed and well thought out post. No need to be ashamed of it, I mean you still have the puntil out on display right?

Hey, if you're the only publication on a specific topic, you're gonna get cited a lot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pick posted:

The price of celebrity Internet celebrity dead gay forum celebrity is high.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

[camera zooms in on video game deals thread, seen from afar] Here, we see perhaps the last area on the forums untouched by Pick litigation

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's a good deal on Dragon Age 2 right now but gently caress that, that's the game Pick likes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm escaping to the ONE place that hasn't been corrupted by Pick litigation.

SPACE.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

A White Guy posted:

Just like fascists found the internet and started congregating, so to do the " Lol Pot did nothing wrong" fan club.

Continuity RCP posted:

Lol Pot received aid from Lmao Zedong

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Metaline posted:

Fun fact! I am in one of his comic books.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

we keep telling you, just because it's called Sex Criminals doesn't mean it's about you.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Anyone know where to find that thing where the guy continuously fails to explain what his problem is with being weighed in a pool or something and his sister has her hair tied together and he didn't want to shower? It's as confusing as that sounds.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That one's from the IGN boards apparently

https://i.imgur.com/XOmhFhQ.jpg

(linked instead of inlined cause 2006-era internet language)

whodatwhere posted:

I think this is the original source of the underwater weigh thing. This one is much longer but at least it's in message board format.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Heh, dong.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Phy posted:

No wonder I couldn't find it, thanks!

Edit: wow, some really unpleasant reactions in that thread.

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Jun 30, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pick posted:

No.

But I think even the haters love you, or it wouldn't keep coming up

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jesus, posting about Pick just crashed awful.apk

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

You beat me to these. But boy are those both pro usernames.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
E: wrong loving thread

Phy has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jun 30, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

E: wrong loving thread

lol, reading that entire thing and then seeing "wrong thread" after it was almost as good as the pic itself.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/XOmhFhQ.jpg

(linked instead of inlined cause 2006-era internet language)

Last time I was in a discussion of that, somebody said the source is even older- LUE on GameFAQs. I remember reading it in high school so I’m pretty sure it’s younger than that 2007 thread by at least a year or two, I think the OP of that is just copy/pasting the original posts.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Confession time - I had something like this happen to me.

Whenever I paid a bill through my bank you could enter a couple lines for a reference. Obviously, you're supposed to go "power bill" "rent" and so on.

I was typing in "loving bullshit bill" and similar and one day got a very polite email from my bank informing me that the payee could also see what I had typed in.

Now there's a little note in the bank's online payment page telling you that the other person can see what you type in.

Though, to be fair, I think this is the sort of critical information which should have been shared with me earlier. Like before I spent I don't know how many months insulting everyone who was sending me bills.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Pick posted:

I don't know much about you or what you're getting it for currently in here, but I saw you this morning in the loving gbs lowtax spousal abuse thread, of all places, asking how to write a sign in Spanish that will communicate to your Mexican help not to touch your massive taxidermy collection. I have a feeling that, when it comes to drama, you're the kind of dog food that makes its own gravy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Elise, (thank you / I'm sorry) for the new thread title.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

asking how to write a sign in Spanish that will communicate to your Mexican help not to touch your massive taxidermy collection

lol goddamn that is some S-rank Pick trolling right there. Did anybody actually fall for that?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ah-mazing. I feel like I need to code a covert insult system like that(because you know SOMEONE will)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mysterious frankie posted:

I don't know much about you or what you're getting it for currently in here, but I saw you this morning in the loving gbs lowtax spousal abuse thread, of all places, asking how to write a sign in Spanish that will communicate to your Mexican help not to touch your massive taxidermy collection. I have a feeling that, when it comes to drama, you're the kind of dog food that makes its own gravy.

Can someone help me balance out my posting budget? Here's my schedule
9:07 Empty quote a post
10:26 Answering a question about how long to cook chili
11:15 Post about how to write a sign in Spanish that will communicate to my Mexican help to not touch my massive taxidermy collection
1:00 Reply to a picture of Donald Trump with "lol"

Please, my family is dying.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Flipperwaldt posted:

Anyone know where to find that thing where the guy continuously fails to explain what his problem is with being weighed in a pool or something and his sister has her hair tied together and he didn't want to shower? It's as confusing as that sounds.

I've come across it in the wild exactly once and haven't seen it again, but I remember that the hair issue was specifically that she put her hair up as if she was going to tie it into a ponytail, but didn't.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've come across it in the wild exactly once and haven't seen it again, but I remember that the hair issue was specifically that she put her hair up as if she was going to tie it into a ponytail, but didn't.

holy poo poo I think I just figured out wtf he was talking about.

she was squeezing the water out of her hair after she got out

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can someone help me balance out my posting budget? Here's my schedule
9:07 Empty quote a post
10:26 Answering a question about how long to cook chili
11:15 Post about how to write a sign in Spanish that will communicate to my Mexican help to not touch my massive taxidermy collection
1:00 Reply to a picture of Donald Trump with "lol"

Please, my family is dying.

Stop lolling at Trump

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Stop lolling at Trump

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hello teenage america. I'm here to humbly request someone please find and quote the post about superman beating bizarro superman to death while crying. thank you in advance.