Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I believe it was a black square with poorly-photoshopped garfield eyes over it, saying "Garfield supports BLM" or something similar.

A simple #blacklivesmatter

I guess that was too political for Jim Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

guys i am extremely sad to report that i saw a man purchase a garfield pizza and bring it back into his apartment

he looked at me when i looked at him and we both felt shame

i can no longer say that i have never ever ever seen a customer from this place, because i have now seen one. i am so sorry.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

GolfHole posted:

guys i am extremely sad to report that i saw a man purchase a garfield pizza and bring it back into his apartment

i can no longer say that i have never ever ever seen a customer from this place, because i have now seen one. i am so sorry.

probably should throw out your mirror

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Were you also in Garfield eats at the time you looked at each other or

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

GolfHole posted:

Out of 10, how would you score his irony level?
Did he have a garficcino?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Vital reading for CodfishCartographer also involving Peppa Pig

https://www.insider.com/peppa-pig-garfield-support-black-out-tuesday-lives-matter-2020-6

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garf Lives Matter

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I caught up through 300 odd posts and I am so happy GarfieldEATS has survived so far, if it was ever really alive to begin with.
I also want him to restock the hats

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garfield Cheats (on his taxes)

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

garfield eats is Good now

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Mega64 posted:

And yet people accuse him of being cynical, only caring about money...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
#OrangeLivesMatter

(you know this was on the table at some point)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://twitter.com/tomosucks/status/1271076249348300804

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Garfield

Eats?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Garfield eats my rear end!!!! :hehe: Ahahah

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Garfield Eats Pig

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ten minutes after jim davis dies, nathen mazri will introduce a new app, Garfield Fucks

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

its tinder but the gimmick is that everyone has algorithmically generated 3D Garfield heads

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Peanut Butler posted:

ten minutes after jim davis dies, nathen mazri will introduce a new app, Garfield Fucks

Peanut Butler posted:

its tinder but the gimmick is that everyone has algorithmically generated 3D Garfield heads

I was concerned that that was about to go to a much darker place.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mega64 posted:

given how the internet has reacted to Mazri in general and how the common response to anyone using a brand name to support BLM is "gently caress YOU WE DON'T WANT YOUR SUPPORT," i somehow doubt Jim Davis was the problem here.

honestly I feel like if Jim Davis was paying attention, Mazri would have had the license stripped from him months ago.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jim Davis is now getting grapes fed to him by beautiful prostitutes in Garfield masks as he lounges in a solid gold Garfield shaped jacuzzi.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

the common response to anyone using a brand name to support BLM is "gently caress YOU WE DON'T WANT YOUR SUPPORT,"
It's more a question of the brand co-opting the moment and whether the support is actually meaningful beyond signifying to customers that it's okay to keep buying their stuff, GarfieldEats included

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

honestly I feel like if Jim Davis was paying attention, Mazri would have had the license stripped from him months ago.
word

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Jim Davis is now getting grapes fed to him by beautiful prostitutes in Garfield masks as he lounges in a solid gold Garfield shaped jacuzzi.
lmao

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

jim davis's fetish was never garfield. it was lyman

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
cook the lasagna Jim. this is a Lyman

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I thought Nickelodeon/Paramount had already taken control of Garfield after the buyout...? Maybe there's still some time until they have full control, I dunno. But there's no way the same company that shut down the Star Trek Experience in Vegas would also allow something like GarfEats to stay open.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Agent Escalus posted:

I thought Nickelodeon/Paramount had already taken control of Garfield after the buyout...? Maybe there's still some time until they have full control, I dunno. But there's no way the same company that shut down the Star Trek Experience in Vegas would also allow something like GarfEats to stay open.

This is them testing the waters of marketing garfield as a boutique experience.
A small scale interaction now. And then another. And another. Soon they will infiltrate every aspect of your life. A garfield on every corner. Yes Jon. No Jon. May I stay at your US Acres licensed BnB, sir? Yes sir I do have papers sir.
Ar-Buck-Macht-PIES. With special sauce! And you will be required to purchase as many as you can. You will demand to purchase more and not even know why you want them. You will happily beg Garfield to end you because Nermel has been stealing your dreams again. All will be made real, hot, and fresh, just for you.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVI-xVWZf3k

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I need a Garf update!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hats are back in stock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

everdave posted:

I need a Garf update!

Still Garfin'. Still barfin'.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

they're selling blurays (e: sorry, 'blue rays') of the movies now for some reason

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1277387139609747456?s=20

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Killingyouguy! posted:

they're selling blurays (e: sorry, 'blue rays') of the movies now for some reason

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1277387139609747456?s=20

Is that loving lasagna cat

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/garfieldeatsapp/status/1277722487636328457?s=21

Nathen also gives a “cute” message in French. Can any goons translate?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My french isn't very good but he's basically saying he "hasn't forgotten about" Garfield's Francophone fans, he dreams of opening a GarfieldEATS in Montreal, and I think is working on getting French merch available??
He also says he is from Quebec but I don't remember that being mentioned in his autobio? it's been a while

e: oh, so basically the content is just what's in the text of the tweet, i missed that lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

they're selling blurays (e: sorry, 'blue rays') of the movies now for some reason.

Because no ons's buying the food.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

BigBadSteve posted:

GarfieldWATCHES.

... and waits...

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm sure high definition versions of Garfield and Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties will turn his fortune around.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
GarfieldMANGE ma derrière!! :hehe:

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

GarfieldMANGE ma derrière!! :hehe:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

KillerJunglist posted:

GarfieldWATCHES.

... and waits...

In his restaurant at Toronto dread Garfield lies dreaming.