Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who do you guys like best for rookie WR?

I like Aiyuk a lot but I'm wondering what the best situation is. Ruggs has already hurt himself but he's got to be in the best situation right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Can't go wrong with Mahomes/Kelce as your one-two. If you can keep them longer I would maybe try to flip Kelce for Kittle or Andrews because Kelce is getting up there. Singletary might have some Zack Moss trouble this year but Diontae and Hollywood are good upside keepers. AJ Brown and Mike Evans are both top-fifteen WRs. I'd say you're in good shape.

Sweet. Ya I'm debating flipping Kelce this year, it's finally time. Diontae was one of those guys at the end of my "who to keep" debate and originally was gunna include his spot in my first post, but I'd still be having the same Higbee, Hunt, or Hilton discussion I keep finding myself in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I like Aiyuk a lot but I'm wondering what the best situation is. Ruggs has already hurt himself but he's got to be in the best situation right?

Probably the homer in me but I like Justin Jefferson. Seems like with Diggs gone he will get some good looks, and now who knows what will happen with Dalvin Cook.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

Good Players in the Best Situations:
Jalen Reagor
Justin Jefferson

Best Players Who Can Fight Their Way to the Top:
CDL
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs

Good Players in Bad Situations:
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Brandon Aiyuk

I'm Intrigued But Probably Not:
Tee Higgins
Denzel Mims
Bryan Edwards

Please Let Everyone Else in Pittsburgh Die and Let My Large Adult Son Play:
Chase Claypool

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

kiimo posted:

I'm not going to overthink it so just say CeeDee Lamb.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

I thought Carr was deep ball shy making Ruggs situation pretty questionable as the most deep threat of deep threats in the draft.

I was horny for Devin Duvernay in the draft and landing with the Ravens keeps my opinion pretty high.

Spoeank posted:

Jalen Reagor
Justin Jefferson

I was reading yesterday that Reagor is firmly behind DJax as it stands. Obviously it's only June and the Eagles need to give younger guys reps.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoeank posted:

Jalen Reagor
Justin Jefferson

Pittman plz

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I thought Carr was deep ball shy making Ruggs situation pretty questionable as the most deep threat of deep threats in the draft.

I was horny for Devin Duvernay in the draft and landing with the Ravens keeps my opinion pretty high.

I was reading yesterday that Reagor is firmly behind DJax as it stands. Obviously it's only June and the Eagles need to give younger guys reps.

I saw that too but the reporting was so wishy-washy and unsourced as to be functionally useless:

quote:

With DeSean Jackson ready to return to the lineup, Reagor is likely to take a backseat to the veteran at the Z receiver position. Jackson, when healthy, is expected to be the team’s top receiving threat, which should take some pressure off the first-round rookie.

I forgot about Pittman. He's like tier 3. Good players in okayish situations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gurley finally took and passed his physical

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dkj posted:

Gurley finally took and passed his physical

I know one guy that sold him for a 2021 2nd in a dynasty league, seems crazy to me. Feels like he’s an easy buy low for any contending teams, like a late 1st or early 2nd in this draft probably gets it done.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In dynasty I'm all over Lamb but for this season isn't he third on the depth chart at best behind Cooper and Gallup? Not to mention Elliott

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

In dynasty I'm all over Lamb but for this season isn't he third on the depth chart at best behind Cooper and Gallup? Not to mention Elliott

Randall Cobb and Jason Witten left 166 targets on the table. All of them can eat but it's up to CDL to prove he deserves the premium targets. Like I categorized him... he needs to claw his way up the depth chart but could pull it off. Rookies are rarely useful for all four quarters of the season anyway (flash and fall off or need to build up, or need to readjust for the league adjusting to them) so as far as rookies go he's as good a bet as any.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Randall Cobb and Jason Witten left 166 targets on the table. All of them can eat but it's up to CDL to prove he deserves the premium targets.

Blake. Jarwin.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

Blake. Jarwin.

Blake Jarwin had 41 targets last year! If he gets 100 targets there are still 107 targets up for grabs!

also he's a UDFA with zero pedigree or track record of being good except when he supersmashed the 2018 Giants in week 17

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope Jaelen Reagor is gone by the time Inpick in my dynasty league because I'm an Eagles fan and just incredibly stupid.

He does have a shot at playing time since DJax could end up on IR after a particularly vicious sneeze.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope Jaelen Reagor is gone by the time Inpick in my dynasty league because I'm an Eagles fan and just incredibly stupid.

He does have a shot at playing time since DJax could end up on IR after a particularly vicious sneeze.

I’m of the camp that both djax and alshon will get cut or traded. They both have health issues and have Seen their on-field presence fade away

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

I’m of the camp that both djax and alshon will get cut or traded. They both have health issues and have Seen their on-field presence fade away

When they drafted Reagor I felt one of the two will not be on the opening day roster but both gone is definitely a possibility.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone know of some good analysts/writers for best ball leagues?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

In a dynasty league in which you own Derrick Henry, would you rather have Justin Jackson or Darrynton Evans?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

In a dynasty league in which you own Derrick Henry, would you rather have Justin Jackson or Darrynton Evans?

Id prefer Evans regardless of owning Henry or not

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Jalen Reagor
Justin Jefferson

Best Players Who Can Fight Their Way to the Top:
CDL
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs

Good Players in Bad Situations:
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Brandon Aiyuk

I'm Intrigued But Probably Not:
Tee Higgins
Denzel Mims
Bryan Edwards

Please Let Everyone Else in Pittsburgh Die and Let My Large Adult Son Play:
Chase Claypool

PFF is notorious for being wrong but I thought this was interesting

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1272258004226764800?s=21

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I understand that people who know way more than me don’t see anything special in Tyler Johnson but I watched a good amount of Minnesota games the past two years and nobody could cover that kid. The fact that he got increasingly better every season he played and he did so playing in a really loving good conference makes me think he’s going to carve out a role in Tampa and he might do it early in his career. He was on my radar for my rookie draft but he went a few picks before I could snag him in round four.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The comps I see most often for Tyler Johnson are Mo Sanu and Jordan Matthews, but he reminds me a lot of Kendrick Bourne for the 49ers. He's pretty easy to neutralize if a team wants to, but he has some good hands. But with Evans and Godwin, he might get something since a team will have bigger fish to fry. Unfortunately he falls really far behind the targets pecking order even in a best-case scenario for him his rookie year.

Anyway I crunched the numbers a while back and fewer than 2% of rookie WRs that get drafted outside the top-100 turn into top-36 WRs their rookie year. I mostly do not waste my time with them outside of dynasty.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Tyler Johnson has been a highly regarded devy league prospect for a few years, and a lot of smart analytics people in the industry had him rank high in their prospect models due to his insane collegiate production.

At some point this offseason, it became clear the NFL was not as high on him. He was snubbed for the shrine game I believe, he skipped the senior bowl, and plummeted in the draft.

He’s an OK late round dart throw in rookie drafts because of his production profile, but like Spoenk said, his low draft capital really hurts his odds. He’s also buried behind arguably the best WR tandem on the league with an aging QB who won’t be slinging it like Winston did last year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Anyway I crunched the numbers a while back and fewer than 2% of rookie WRs that get drafted outside the top-100 turn into top-36 WRs their rookie year. I mostly do not waste my time with them outside of dynasty.

This is good work by you and definitely something I’ll keep in mind going forward.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Spoeank posted:

The comps I see most often for Tyler Johnson are Mo Sanu and Jordan Matthews, but he reminds me a lot of Kendrick Bourne for the 49ers. He's pretty easy to neutralize if a team wants to, but he has some good hands. But with Evans and Godwin, he might get something since a team will have bigger fish to fry. Unfortunately he falls really far behind the targets pecking order even in a best-case scenario for him his rookie year.

Doesn't Brady also tend to not throw to rookies but instead throw to the targets he trusts/targets that have experience? Since he's new to TB it's anyone's guess but I'd assume he'll stick with Evans, Godwin and especially Gronk with maybe RoJo catching some out of the backfield. I just don't see anyone else on that team getting enough targets to prove themselves.
I mean you don't draft a guy like Johnson as anything but a dart throw but personally I'm avoiding TB rookies this year, there's just better dart throws elsewhere IMHO.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

For reference when I talked about Tyler Johnson it was from a dynasty perspective. He shouldn’t be drafted in re-draft leagues I wouldn’t think.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure who had McLaurin being the best rookie WR last season but PFF nearly nailed it

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-rookie-wrs-for-dynasty-2020

edit: I'm an idiot this came out later here's some useful content, McLaurin is awesome which I guess is my only point

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB...or-dynasty-2020

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 15, 2020

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Bryan Edwards and Quintez Cepheus are the 2 WR steals in this years draft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Bryan Edwards and Quintez Cepheus are the 2 WR steals in this years draft.

Bryan Edwards is so loving good but I'm wondering if his foot makes his rookie year a wash

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

17 year old breakout age, while sharing with the field with Deebo. He gonna be good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Still not expecting much from him this year given shortened off season stuff + being a rookie WR, but yeah in dynasty I've been grabbing him everywhere I can

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Deebo broke his foot because LIFE is HELL

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Seems like he’ll be a go week 1 though

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Seems like he’ll be a go week 1 though

yeah, 15+ months is plenty of time to heal

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if SA implodes, are we all using the SAS discord to manage TAQ leagues?

if someone makes a TAQ specific discord please post here about it

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I assume I just got a real good deal but wanted to check. I'm in a dynasty league with 0.5 ppr and then a 0.5 the premium on top of it.

I did Michael Gallup, Hunter Henry and a 2022 3rd for Travis Kelce.

For other content I really believe in cam this next year. He's had a ton of time to heal and I think he's going to come back and be used intelligently by belicheck.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Artonos posted:

I assume I just got a real good deal but wanted to check. I'm in a dynasty league with 0.5 ppr and then a 0.5 the premium on top of it.

I did Michael Gallup, Hunter Henry and a 2022 3rd for Travis Kelce.

For other content I really believe in cam this next year. He's had a ton of time to heal and I think he's going to come back and be used intelligently by belicheck.

You did fine if you're in win-now mode. Getting no picks kinda tells me that's what you're looking to do. I have some reservations about Kelce in the future given his age but he's gonna be good for the next couple years at least!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You know how most people shoot for drafting around preseason week 3?

Welp.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1278438210973155334

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

We’ve always just aimed to draft the weekend before the opener