Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gerry adams it up yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i can nap just fine on coffee. a full nights sleep can sometimes be a bigger issue, but i can for some reason drink four cups of coffee and then snooze for 20 minutes v:shobon:v

and, true, that is a huge blessing actually.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

Just Irish the coffee?

i have no unsealed liquor in my apt. and a lot of folks dont know what it feels like to break a daydrinking habit (theyre gonna find out in a few weeks)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

i have no unsealed liquor in my apt. and a lot of folks dont know what it feels like to break a daydrinking habit (theyre gonna find out in a few weeks)

I'm just trying to help you to resolve this dishonorable state?

graph posted:

i havent drank coffee in over 3 months

:shrug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

this is going to be a really big thing for workplaces to deal with when they decide to Open 'Er Up. especially in tech.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lotsa 11am lunches so people can 'get right'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

this is going to be a really big thing for workplaces to deal with when they decide to Open 'Er Up. especially in tech.

i mean its going to be everywhere. i dealt with it in 2009, it was weeks before i felt normal again

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm remote anyway, not really drinking, and i absolutely do not feel normal

coffee helps for a little while but then you realize that everything you once looked forward to is disappearing like a mirage and so your motivation stalls out, wondering how much worse things will get before you eventually die, keenly aware of how you should've appreciated what used to be 'normal' while you still had it

(i even just took a week vacation and i don't feel like it helped)

anyway. having #coffee now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

psiox posted:

coffee helps for a little while but then you realize that everything you once looked forward to is disappearing like a mirage and so your motivation stalls out, wondering how much worse things will get before you eventually die, keenly aware of how you should've appreciated what used to be 'normal' while you still had it

(i even just took a week vacation and i don't feel like it helped)

anyway. having #coffee now.

Your first mistake was in looking forward to anything (except your next cup of coffee, obvs.)?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i can nap just fine on coffee. a full nights sleep can sometimes be a bigger issue, but i can for some reason drink four cups of coffee and then snooze for 20 minutes v:shobon:v

and, true, that is a huge blessing actually.

coffee right before a nap is great because you wake up super energized in those 20 minutes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m one of those weirdos who can drink a pot of coffee and go straight to bed :iiam:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

psiox posted:

this is a big reason im not drinking coffee because i think atm itll send me into panic attacks with nowhere to go

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

waking up and making a coffee and sitting in bed with it for a minute is what I think about when falling asleep

i'd probably just die of grief in my sleep without it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

graph posted:

this is a big reason im not drinking coffee because i think atm itll send me into panic attacks with nowhere to go

:hfive: anxiety is very ba d

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

:sympathy:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yikes. This thread got sad.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if u cant take a nap after coffee youre drinking it wrong

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yikes. This thread got sad.

a nice cup of coffee always cheers me up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

gerry adams it up yeah

:monocle:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’m about to brew some coffee

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Captain Foo posted:

I’m about to brew some coffee

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

haveing coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

having coffee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

had coffee, but then DoorDashed McDonald’s to the office so I couldn’t pass on their Diet Coke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

had coffee, but then DoorDashed McDonald’s to the office so I couldn’t pass on their Diet Coke

jim

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

buddy. haven’t found a good diner near the new work place yet. a guys gotta eat

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Imagine admitting you drink fizzy toof-death water.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

Imagine admitting you drink fizzy toof-death water.

imagine using capitals and punctuation

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

imagine using capitals and punctuation

Imagine defending the drinking of fizzy toof-death water.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

imagine shaming people for drinking diet coke. such a simple pleasure, if that's what you like.

at least man up to the level of stymie and post about the ills of alcohol in the drinking thread.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Diet Coke owns (especially from McDonald’s) and I will not be shamed

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
really though, it's ok: I went though a M*nster phase for a couple months this past fall after gall bladder surgery when coffee literally made me :vomarine: but from my rear end.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

thinking about them beans

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

lord funk posted:

thinking about them beans

Schadenboner posted:

from my rear end

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

brewed some fresh beans

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Schadenboner posted:

really though, it's ok: I went though a M*nster phase for a couple months this past fall after gall bladder surgery when coffee literally made me :vomarine: but from my rear end.

maybe I have a bad gallbladder

I can't eat fatty foods anymore, either

:thunk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3pm. thinkin about thos beans

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
almost 8, kinda feelin some post-dinner beans

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bought several pounds of coffee so i can send some good beans to my folks. came with a free coffee so i got something dark and flavorful and chilled it for afternoon coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
The weirdest part about home nitro'ing your coffee is that you burp whippets afterwards

anyway that's my story