Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
What weirds me out the most about Star Citizen (even after reading the thread archives and looking at all the variety of crazy weird bullshit coming out of its development) is just how aesthetically bland it all is. Like, just taking the graphics and overall presentation, the only thing that they didn't royally gently caress up on a technical level, I can't get over just how loving bland it all is.

It just looks generic. Like a collection of clip art of all the usual sci-fi tropes and ideas. It doesn't go into any interesting directions. There is nothing eye-catching about the designs. Somehow, even Mass Effect Andromeda looked more interesting, not to mention the original trilogy. No Man's Sky has a much more well-defined and well-developed aesthetic. CIG have all this money and resourses, all these artits and talent, and they managed to produce the beigest beige of sci-fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I know you are a bot but that is a very epic burn.

e: Can someone with bad taste like me, post the Chris flying into the towers video please?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 1, 2020

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/60beXLE.gifv

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

ggangensis posted:

However as a social experiment it's interesting: "What happens if you give a Narcissist unlimited money?". I think every single publisher would have canned this project, at the latest in 2015 and cut the losses. But now with crowdfunding, who knows, I think the title of the most expensive failure in video game history is all but safe. The message announcing the end of the project will blame other people and factors, that's a given with Chris, but it will be a funny read nonetheless.

I think it's secure in this title, because nothing as dumb as this will ever happen in this way ever again. Some things might be attempted that were destined to never work, but nothing on the scale of this. Nobody is going to be this recklessly stubborn or obliviously optimistic, or have this level of insane funding without reproach. This project is going to be the "There are no good deeds commemorated here" of video game development and crowdfunding.

Oh who am I kidding, we had Daikatana, we had Duke Nukem Forever, there will always be more awful half-baked botchware games. But hopefully, it's going to be easy to shame bad project leaders into changing their ways when you can give them an existential crisis just by calling them "Mr Roberts".

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Since AAA games take 10 years to make they are asking for someone with 20 years of game development history.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I think they should hire the Cyberpunk dudes after it releases.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheDarkFlame posted:

I think it's secure in this title, because nothing as dumb as this will ever happen in this way ever again. Some things might be attempted that were destined to never work, but nothing on the scale of this. Nobody is going to be this recklessly stubborn or obliviously optimistic, or have this level of insane funding without reproach. This project is going to be the "There are no good deeds commemorated here" of video game development and crowdfunding.

Oh who am I kidding, we had Daikatana, we had Duke Nukem Forever, there will always be more awful half-baked botchware games. But hopefully, it's going to be easy to shame bad project leaders into changing their ways when you can give them an existential crisis just by calling them "Mr Roberts".

The era of the "video game auteur" is over, Roberts is a fossil (and was never actually a member of that club anyway), so it's unlikely anything like this will repeat again in this particular way. It was a perfect storm of narcissism, ineptitude, and mental illness.

What bothers me more is what the CIG people and the backers are going to do once this closes and they wander out of their paddock out into the world again. They're not going to suddenly become good people - they're going to need something new to be getting on with. At the moment this project is keeping them sequestered.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Scruffpuff posted:

The era of the "video game auteur" is over, Roberts is a fossil (and was never actually a member of that club anyway), so it's unlikely anything like this will repeat again in this particular way. It was a perfect storm of narcissism, ineptitude, and mental illness.

What bothers me more is what the CIG people and the backers are going to do once this closes and they wander out of their paddock out into the world again. They're not going to suddenly become good people - they're going to need something new to be getting on with. At the moment this project is keeping them sequestered.

There's still a few people I'd call a "video game auteur" who are still active, but they're making games with smaller budgets, like the guy who made Nier. And unlike Croberts, they make games that are really loving weird, whereas Chris only has ideas that someone else has already had.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Scruffpuff posted:

Mr Dean "Rocket" Hall and the early days of DayZ Standalone come to mind. Though not quite comparable in terms of scale (of both the project and the perfect storm)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

nurmie posted:

It just looks generic. Like a collection of clip art of all the usual sci-fi tropes and ideas. It doesn't go into any interesting directions. There is nothing eye-catching about the designs. Somehow, even Mass Effect Andromeda looked more interesting, not to mention the original trilogy. No Man's Sky has a much more well-defined and well-developed aesthetic. CIG have all this money and resourses, all these artits and talent, and they managed to produce the beigest beige of sci-fi.
Yeah this is something a lot of us have made points on. The art style just isn't. I don't think it looks terrible, generally, but it's like... A nice set of generic art assets. "Sci-Fi 2050 pack"

But, without going into a full Scruffpuffian rant, it's because Roberts isn't any good at his job and there's no artistic leadership to speak of. There is no spark of creativity because there is none.

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020

quote:

:shepspends: Star Citizen. It is the culmination of a generation. It is the last game some of us have and will play.

It's a game some children have and will grown up with.
It's a game that has overshadowed some, and enlightened others.
It is a project so grand, people go through the famous "5 stages of backing".

It's not just a milestone along the road. Star Citizen IS the road and runs parallel to our lives.

So do yourself a favor, and live some. Live beside SC, not for it. Enjoy SC as an exciting novelty in our age and time.

We live in an age where things come and go so quickly, fads and events ever so fickle. It's nice to have a constant that progresses. Grows with us.

I know watching a plant grow isn't the most exciting use of one's life, but being part of the journey, that's a story only our generation gets to tell.

There are 7 games in my life (I played over 376 AAA games), that changed the world of gaming for me. 1. Ultima Online 2. Wing Commander 3. EverQuest 4.Deus Ex 5. SWG 6. WoW

7 is Star Citizen, because it's going to be around for the next 30 years, and just keep growing.It's one of those games you are going to be maining because everything else is boring compared to it. It's the one game I'm confident will out-live at least half of us.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There are people like Tom Francis that make amazing games, but the day of the AAA game dev superstar is over.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Defiance Industries posted:

There's still a few people I'd call a "video game auteur" who are still active, but they're making games with smaller budgets, like the guy who made Nier. And unlike Croberts, they make games that are really loving weird, whereas Chris only has ideas that someone else has already had.

This is the most important part IMO, where true believers show how deluded they are. Chris is purely an idea man and not a good one at that. There is nothing creative, let alone revolutionary about the idea of "everything like real life but with space submarines", every 6yo watching a sci-fi cartoon does that. The only difference is that Chris had the money and contacts to put together his fake game dev company to pursue the idea. Everything else, the 6yo could do too.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

IAbsolveMyself posted:

Star Citizen. It is the culmination of a generation

Starting to seem like it may not be an exaggeration, can't wait for it to come out and take longer and more money to do so than it took to build the pyramids or something.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
So... um... how long until Amazon shitcans Lumberyard?

:ohdear:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lucas Pope is an auteur. He doesn't make big-budget games but he does make exactly the game he wants to create.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Quavers posted:

So... um... how long until Amazon shitcans Lumberyard?

:ohdear:
This is why SC will never release. This is why that SQ42 video will be delayed until it's forgotten.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah this is something a lot of us have made points on. The art style just isn't. I don't think it looks terrible, generally, but it's like... A nice set of generic art assets. "Sci-Fi 2050 pack"

But, without going into a full Scruffpuffian rant, it's because Roberts isn't any good at his job and there's no artistic leadership to speak of. There is no spark of creativity because there is none.

There's something special about being an "idea man" who has no ideas.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Lucas Pope is an auteur. He doesn't make big-budget games but he does make exactly the game he wants to create.

I'm talking about the types of names people would build entire companies and/or IPs around - Garriott, Molyneux, Meier, and so on. (And look how well 2 out of 3 of those wound up doing over time.) Publishers would sell based on the name on the box. There will always be smaller and/or independent devs who do great work, and in fact we're seeing a huge percentage of the industry moving back in that direction, so those smaller devs, combined, are getting a significant portion of the pie nowadays. Since gamers have ways of finding out about everything coming out, as opposed to being told what was out by a gaming media powerhouse that's been losing steam for a while now, everyone has a more or less fair shot if they've got the chops.

I'm sure it's not at all a coincidence that Hollywood used to rely much, much more heavily on the director's name than they do nowadays, since Roberts is decades behind the times and chases that delusion like a cat chasing a laser pointer. He wants to think that he's "that guy", despite the fact that the entire paradigm has moved on. Never mind that - he's a "big name!" People go to see films and play games because his name is on them!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

There's something special about being an "idea man" who has no ideas.
When you're selling water to the drowned they rarely drink up, I guess.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dwesa posted:

This is why SC will never release. This is why that SQ42 video will be delayed until it's forgotten.

The SQ42 video has to show beta -- and close to release -- level of developed *gameplay* which is also fun.
It cannot show just cutscenes again. They did that two years ago, they need to show something new.

Arguably, they don't have it. They could edit together faked and heavily scripted footage but being misleading in year 8+, the year of your supposed release of the (multiple times postponed) beta, is a big risk. Not to mention that for any of their devs left that still put effort into this, it is also insulting.

If Lumberyard goes down the tubes, SC will switch back to CryEngine, since they never actually transitioned to Lumberyard anyway, and they and Crytek conveniently mutually backed out of the court case.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Roberts only distinct style is ripping off Star Wars and adding more furries.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

AbstractNapper posted:

The SQ42 video has to show beta -- and close to release -- level of developed *gameplay* which is also fun.
It cannot show just cutscenes again. They did that two years ago, they need to show something new.

Arguably, they don't have it. They could edit together faked and heavily scripted footage but being misleading in year 8+, the year of your supposed release of the (multiple times postponed) beta, is a big risk. Not to mention that for any of their devs left that still put effort into this, it is also insulting.

If Lumberyard goes down the tubes, SC will switch back to CryEngine, since they never actually transitioned to Lumberyard anyway, and they and Crytek conveniently mutually backed out of the court case.

Let's not pretend they need to actually put anything of substance into that video for backers. I would think it will be bunch of people talking, some mention of how hard they're working on new way to show backers progress, mention of some new jesus tech they need to finish, bunch of shots of static levels or mocaped actors and some mysterious new ship and the wallets will open :shepspends:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yes, their backer base may be unhinged or at the very least easily convinced and deep in sunk cost fallacy,, but a video about an upcoming beta is something that would be picked up by gaming sites too.

A transition to beta from (pre-)alpha is quite significant, especially since in SQ42 case, this should mean "very close to the final release".

This should allow for more strict reviews without the excuse of "still in pre-alpha" confusion and "early days" -- that is not something that is going to play out favorably for SQ54.

Edit: Also the whole trailer, beta and release of SQ55 is aimed to satisfy deals with their larger investors and bring in new money, from new customers. So they are the intended viewers of this long prepared, still edited, video.

If it was up to most of their existing backers, SQ would be scraped completely.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 1, 2020

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
SQ54 is gonna be so lovely I can't wait for the metacritic reviews.
A new dawn of comedy will emerge once people can stand back, hands on hips and say 'yup, it sucks' when it's a retail game

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

rePool posted:

Teach me obi-wan. I'll buy an Idris!

On a serious note, I'm lucky to be able to use a computer anymore. I had a stroke in early December, but quick response and a dose of TPA, I was very lucky.

Hey, welcome back friend. Good to see you're well.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

peter gabriel posted:

A new dawn of comedy will emerge once people can stand back, hands on hips and say 'yup, it sucks' when it's a retail game

I'm hoping for this to but everything points to it being just so incredibly mediocre nobody is going to bother.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Skipping from beta to release is what those penny-pinching publishers force you to do. Squadron 42 is going to work its way through the entire Greek alphabet without any shortcuts.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

ITS EARLY ACCESS you goon fud value demander

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
DeSkeletonization day is just around the corner!

Get in the spirit with this terrible fluff article.
https://www.cbr.com/star-citizen-crowdfunded-game-explained/

marumaru
May 20, 2013

what's in the 14th? SQ42 beta?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Inacio posted:

what's in the 14th? SQ42 beta?
Deskeletonization Day!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

quote:

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal.

Glad to see the Stimperor owns Applebees.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Do you currently work at a corporation and constantly make vague claims about what you do in an effort to seem like you have any idea what you're talking about in unrelated topics?

Well I’m a horrible corporate parasite sucking the blood the blood of the American taxpayer and I haven’t done any real work since COVID hit the US in March, but I’m still getting my full salary; so I’d say that I’m pretty qualified.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 1, 2020

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just can’t tell what’s real and what’s not anymore. Although I guess in Star citizen’s case nothing is real.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sandweed posted:

I'm hoping for this to but everything points to it being just so incredibly mediocre nobody is going to bother.

Between crobbers writing and sandi's acting, i think there will be some laughs. Might need the rifftrax treatment or a red letter media review, though.

Edit - are we really gonna get thru page 911 without the infamous gif?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

peter gabriel posted:

Just releasing a bomb is the most boring of future timelines. I doubt it'd matter anyway. The release will be determined to be forced out by investors or whatever and the faithful will all know the real game is safely still under development at CIG. Much like release after release of hilarious trash it won't stop them buying an Idris.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Hezzy posted:

The worst thing by far about Star Citizen is that they've single handedly potentially destroyed any faith people will have in a project like this. I used to play a game called Jumpgate back in the day which was a skill based MMO with factional warfare. It was amazing and a direct copy of the game would have probably been insanely successful given the potential for whaling in this genre / market.

big yikes from me

What up Jumpgate bro! :):respek::)

Newtonian physics system of that game was interesting, it made hauling cargo incredibly dangerous since the more mass you had the harder it was to start, stop, or change vectors, so people would frequently splash against stations trying to dock. It was an actual accomplishment to make a long haul run to player owned stations in the neutral sectors where you had to be fast and precise to avoid the alien spawns without losing control and wrecking.

And mining was cool without being super mechanically complicated: you had to constantly orbit asteroids, but with actual physics in play you are feathering your thrust to avoid bumping into them or drifting too far away as you hit em with a mining beam. And the more you mine the heavier and harder to control your ship got

And I remember the community being pretty cool at the time, folks were pretty involved as corps or clans or whatever and the devs had an active story going that would also reflect specific groups taking over space stations or fighting battles, or the devs would spawn in as a diplomat and people would try to defend or assassinate them to prevent/start a war, that kind of stuff.

There was even a whole clan who adopted and trained new players that everyone officially declared as neutral so players weren't running around just griefing new guys who had no idea how to fly with a realistic physics model. They basically showed you the ropes and then eventually fed the newbies into actual groups once they had a feel for it. I think I actually stayed on as a teacher for a good while.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I Greyhound posted:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

i failed my stimpire lore class, drat.