Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

What are the posts tidus is driving past.

Cool zone thread random page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

QUEER FRASIER posted:

wouldn’t it be powerful if the mods took a knee with the community

mods would seriously hesitate to do even this kind of shallow performative gesture, admins would never even consider it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

QUEER FRASIER posted:

wouldn’t it be powerful if the mods took a knee with the community

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

lmao but guys, he’s being so nice, he’s not shutting down all discussion! because discussion is good now, apparently, despite all the people who caught bans and probes for trying to discuss this poo poo before it calcified :tif:

"now that i've driven away everyone who who wanted to discuss combating systemic transphobia, we can have a discussion about systemic transphobia. someone actually made me a moderator."

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 1, 2020

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

mods would seriously hesitate to do even this kind of shallow performative gesture, admins would never even consider it

tbf they would totally take a knee

right before they gas a thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

tbf they would totally take a knee

right before they gas a thread

the mod conflict resolution rulebook is one page and it reads "gas thread ban op"

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

actually it’s just an entire page of clownbaloon

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Is anyone actually surprised that a forum owned by a stupid person has traditionally had a hand-picked leadership team of stupid people?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

QUEER FRASIER posted:

sounds like everything worked itself out. nice work everyone

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The reconciliation thread taking less than 24 hours to become a discussion of the merits of AGP and less than 48 to become a celebration of harassment is something else.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Is anyone actually surprised that a forum owned by a stupid person has traditionally had a hand-picked leadership team of stupid people?

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more the contradictions start to trip over each other in my mind. You've got a group of people saying for near a decade, "sure he's an rear end in a top hat, but he's never around so it's not that bad" and at the same time "if only he were gone we could run things our way."
Not 1 mod in 10 willing to actually tell the man he's running the place like an rear end in a top hat. None of them willing to undercut him during that time for what they thought was the good of anybody but themselves. Taking the abuse like a stereotypical salaryman desperate to hold on to the job they don't even like while insisting he's the boogeyman.

Lowtax owns this place but the rot runs far deeper than him. He could not have handpicked a better group of sycophants to placate his ego and protect the status quo.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 1, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one of the very few times i've interacted with lowtax he banned me for drunk posting because he didn't realise i was a mod

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Wheeee posted:

poo poo rolls downhill

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

The reconciliation thread taking less than 24 hours to become a discussion of the merits of AGP and less than 48 to become a celebration of harassment is something else.

I have it on good authority that posters from both sides see merit in it staying open and it's not just another FYAD circle-jerk

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have it on good authority from my own eyeballs that it's become a cartoon with Good-Hearted FYAD posters being unjustly banned by Sicko Mods going YES HA HA HA YES with Weeping Lady Liberty typing up a post just asking questions about AGP.

Kelly sits in the corner saying "gently caress You And Bye"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

docbeard posted:

I have it on good authority from my own eyeballs that it's become a cartoon with Good-Hearted FYAD posters being unjustly banned by Sicko Mods going YES HA HA HA YES with Weeping Lady Liberty typing up a post just asking questions about AGP.

lmfao

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Where are the warrior centaurs?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Human posted:

Where are the warrior centaurs?

idk google for antifa my little pony fanart or something

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

docbeard posted:

lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

:laffo: omg you’re right

also screaming that the posters at fault for this unjust act of violence will never be forgiven

idgi, I really can’t think of a better way to say goodbye to forum #666 than “hail satan”, we actually say that pretty often

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing worse than reading QCS is posting in it

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

smarxist posted:

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

smarxist posted:

It has road warrior vibes, just a bunch of cliques killing each other over a tanker truck full of sand

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarxist posted:

:hmmyes:

its so reassuring to hear that CascadeBeta was actually the real problem and it was their own fault that FYAD harassed them (and having an admin agree), that Barney isn’t actually a transphobic slur, that AGP is totally worthy of consideration and not transphobic, and that saying the n-word a bunch is actually Cool and and Good

i think I’m gonna stop reading that thread before i get angry at all the revisionism

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Jose posted:

one of the very few times i've interacted with lowtax he banned me for drunk posting because he didn't realise i was a mod

I told him in 2018 that using the f slur was a bad look.

He replied "w hat"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

:hmmyes:

its so reassuring to hear that CascadeBeta was actually the real problem and it was their own fault that FYAD harassed them (and having an admin agree), that Barney isn’t actually a transphobic slur, that AGP is totally worthy of consideration and not transphobic, and that saying the n-word a bunch is actually Cool and and Good

i think I’m gonna stop reading that thread before i get angry at all the revisionism

"It wasn't our fault. It was only a few bad apples that got in after we were probed who were using the slurs. Well, okay sure we were still using the slurs to but we were cutting back. We could've quit at any time"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Some of them are already feeling comfortable enough to say Barney again on the forums

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Some of them are already feeling comfortable enough to say Barney again on the forums

I mean, let's be honest, they've got the hearts and the ears of the admins and mods with their definitely sincere sweet talk. It's more their place than anyone else's' at this point. Might as well let them shape it in their image (a place where 20 people can slur at each other, but ironically) and finish it off.

Let it die.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

docbeard posted:

Slow day at work so enjoy this artist's rendition of the Reconciliation Thread:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^lmao that owns bones

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

it's a gently caress you world, we're just dying in it

docbeard posted:

:perfect:

Nineball fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 1, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
that QCS thread is a dumpster fire

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FYAD is coming back so fast

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oxsnard posted:

that QCS thread is a dumpster fire

But they're not saying mean things about the (current) mods so better keep it open indefinitely

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I never really felt strongly about whether FYAD should stay or go but I also kind of don't really see why the only way to shoot the poo poo with your posting buddies is in an environment where none of the site's rules and standards can ever apply to you and you can bully anyone else on the site with impunity oh and also you take credit every time a scandal breaks about a bad moderator.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They probably weren't actually Nazis, though

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

docbeard posted:

ahahahaha

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

docbeard posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nineball posted:

It has road warrior vibes, just a bunch of cliques killing each other over a tanker truck full of sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

docbeard posted: