Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DC Murderverse posted:

Mulan got pushed back to August 21st, which is a week before New Mutants is scheduled to come out, which means we're ever so slightly closer to NM reaching its ultimate end, being released direct to streaming.

lol if they think movie theaters will be open nationwide in August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Reeves Superman movies just got added to HBO Max, along with, for some reason, Fant4stic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Edward Mass posted:

[...] along with, for some reason, Fant4stic.

You know Disney didn't want it. WB/HBO/ATT were prolly "ehh sure, why not."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

teagone posted:

You know Disney didn't want it. WB/HBO/ATT were prolly "ehh sure, why not."

It's on Disney + already.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Spacebump posted:

It's on Disney + already.

Oh, it is? Lmao, nevermind.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ray Fisher is being a little bit more explicit about his feelings

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1278362556214755329

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to know what happened

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Starting to go way beyond just not liking the final product. Curious to see if other major cast members join him.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Edward Mass posted:

The Reeves Superman movies just got added to HBO Max, along with, for some reason, Fant4stic.

Superman and the Mole Men?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Edward Mass posted:

Wow, really? I'm actually considering HBO Max now, right now I've only got Netflix, Hulu, and Curiosity Stream as my streaming services of choice. Goddess, it really is becoming cable again isn't it?

EDIT:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ray Fisher is being a little bit more explicit about his feelings

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1278362556214755329

On the one hand, I wonder just how bad Joss was. On the other, it's not really my business. I'm sorry for the cast and crew that had to work under him and such terrible conditions.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 1, 2020

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I want Momoa to break a chair over Joss' thumb looking head.

[edit] Had to dig a bit back for this post I made, but I just wanna repost it: context here is regarding Joss blaming Halle Berry for not properly delivering the "toad joke" he wrote:

teagone posted:

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...?

It was originally written as a running joke that gets paid off with that scene, and then they nuked all the setup in rewrites but kept the punchline. I don't remember him saying it was Berry's fault at all.

Whedon sucks rear end but let's, y'know, rag on him for stuff he actually did. :v:

In an interview with AV Club from 2001:

quote:

AV Club: It's funny that the only lines I really remember from that movie are that one and Storm's toad comment.

ASSHAT: Okay, which was also mine, and that's the interesting thing. Everybody remembers that as the worst line ever written, but the thing about that is, it was supposed to be delivered as completely offhand. [Adopts casual, bored tone.] "You know what happens when a toad gets hit by lightning?" Then, after he gets electrocuted, "Ahhh, pretty much the same thing that happens to anything else." But Halle Berry said it like she was Desdemona. [Strident, ringing voice.] "The same thing that happens to everything eeelse!" That's the thing that makes you go crazy.

Still having not let it go 12 years later, in an interview with EW from 2013:

quote:

EW: Has there been any film you’ve worked on that you haven’t copped to?

ASSHAT: I’ve been pretty up-front about everything I’ve done. Almost all have been a crushing disappointment, with the rewrites almost always coming out wrong, with the exception of Toy Story and Speed. There’s other bits here and there—the “You’re a dick” line from X-Men. I had done so much work they had thrown out, so that was a personal victory. It was then overshadowed when I told the famous Toad story [when Storm, played by Halle Berry, dramatically asks Toad what happens to a toad struck by lightning]. It’s supposed to be [casually]: “What happens when a toad gets hit by lightning? [Lightning strike] The same thing that happens to everything else.” It was supposed to be like a throwaway, and she did it like she was King Lear. I was trying to explain what I had written versus the actor who played it. But all people remember is you’re the one who wrote that terrible line. I should have never told that story.

Lmao, dude is 100% bitch made.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 1, 2020

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress James Gunn too btw.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

If anything Halle Berry sold that lightning toad line.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have a punch up

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"

*zaps toad*

"That"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

gently caress James Gunn too btw.

Lmao stupid thoughts

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also like, an artist complaining about another artist doing something else is pretty normal. Especially when you’re a writer.

Writers are treated like poo poo and the director doesn’t want them around and it kind of sucks. I don’t give a poo poo about Whedon but it’s annoying how artists feeling frustrated or sad is considered a bad thing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Also like, an artist complaining about another artist doing something else is pretty normal. Especially when you’re a writer.

Writers are treated like poo poo and the director doesn’t want them around and it kind of sucks. I don’t give a poo poo about Whedon but it’s annoying how artists feeling frustrated or sad is considered a bad thing.

I'm saying gently caress James Gunn because:

https://twitter.com/medyson/status/1278449515163508736

Imagine supporting Joss Whedon right now... or ever. Can't relate.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s a big whatever to me dawg. Sorry.

Also the fact that they included the old tweets that the nazis dug up makes me care even less.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

The point I was making is that Joss held on to that petty grudge for 12 years. Who does that? He's probably still salty about Halle Berry ruining what he probably considers some of the best writing ever in a comic book movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gunn is someone I'm willing to let hang himself.

This isn't that. Not yet.

Though even being tangentially on Joss' side will earn a side eye

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gunn is like my Zack Snyder I guess so it’s always going to be a sore spot when people talk some poo poo. If he does some actual crimes, well. Different story.

teagone posted:

The point I was making is that Joss held on to that petty grudge for 12 years. Who does that? He's probably still salty about Halle Berry ruining what he probably considers some of the best writing ever in a comic book movie.

Artists my dude. We’re a petty angry bunch lol

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

Gunn is like my Zack Snyder I guess so it’s always going to be a sore spot when people talk some poo poo. If he does some actual crimes, well. Different story.

Artists my dude. We’re a petty angry bunch lol

Angry, self destructive and tribal.

We make friends and even if they turn sour we still stand by them. That's something I can definitely see with Gunn and Joss. It takes a lot to break up some things. That's why I said, let Gunn say something damning of his own. I'm not going to tear him down over nonsense.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I guess I'm an artist that's wired different, because if any close friend/peer of mine were ever accused of the kind of poo poo Joss has done, I'd cut ties in an instant. gently caress abusers. They don't need support from anyone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People are still friends with and work with James Cameron, even though he’s been really awful and abusive to his stars in the past.

The day of the screamer director is def over, but assuming this is what joss did, it seems to be still around sadly.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Writers definitely shouldn’t be treated like poo poo and that’s probably another of the many toxic things about Hollywood that should be worked on yesterday.

Maybe I’m misreading the frustration part but it sounds like the stuff Fisher is alleging goes beyond just being frustrated with a writer, I would hope he wouldn’t throw around words like “abuse” lightly.

Also Gunn liking the Tudyk post is dumb but not worth getting too up in arms over at this point.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

I guess I'm an artist that's wired different, because if any close friend/peer of mine were ever accused of the kind of poo poo Joss has done, I'd cut ties in an instant. gently caress abusers. They don't need support from anyone.

Being a sucky boss, especially as an artist delivering a vision is a little different than actual harassment and predator/pest stuff. Cameron and Bay are annoyingly bad bosses,, for instance. Be curious to see what the details are.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy A. Person posted:

Writers definitely shouldn’t be treated like poo poo and that’s probably another of the many toxic things about Hollywood that should be worked on yesterday.

Maybe I’m misreading the frustration part but it sounds like the stuff Fisher is alleging goes beyond just being frustrated with a writer, I would hope he wouldn’t throw around words like “abuse” lightly.

Also Gunn liking the Tudyk post is dumb but not worth getting too up in arms over at this point.

Yeah I dunno. Honestly I’d call what a lot of Hollywood directors have done to be abusive even ifs for the art. Like everything Kubrick did to Shelly duvuall or the Abyss stuff where Cameron basically let Ed Harris drown.

I don’t think it should be taken lightly. But I’m gonna kinda wager it’s more in line with Joss being a frustrated rear end in a top hat and taking it out on the cast and crew.Which still sucks

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

Being a sucky boss, especially as an artist delivering a vision is a little different than actual harassment and predator/pest stuff. Cameron and Bay are annoyingly bad bosses,, for instance. Be curious to see what the details are.

This is why I'm singling out Whedon here, and also not cutting any slack to anyone who would show him support. Like Ray said, accountability is greater than entertainment.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

That’s a big whatever to me dawg. Sorry.

Also the fact that they included the old tweets that the nazis dug up makes me care even less.
Yeah they already cynically tried to cancel Gunn over those tweets and it didn't stick.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wasn't Whedon already metoo'd

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

wasn't Whedon already metoo'd

'All' he 'did' was cheat on his wife for decades and convince women to sleep with him because of his position

Which is enough to get him shamed but not enough to get him in trouble with the powers that be that also do that all the time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Burkion posted:

'All' he 'did' was cheat on his wife for decades and convince women to sleep with him because of his position

Which is enough to get him shamed but not enough to get him in trouble with the powers that be that also do that all the time.

Those women were his employees

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Those women were his employees

I said what I said, yes

I should have added a few '''' around convinced though. ''''''convinced'''''''

Basically he hasn't officially raped anyone so there's not a lot that people can make other people do to get rid of his rear end. He's just a deplorable person and Hollywood is awash in those.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Time to post an excerpt from Whedon's WW script again.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

teagone posted:

I think Joss still has a grudge over Donald Sutherland blowing off his dialogue to improvise his lines in the original Buffy movie.

The original Buffy movie came out twenty-eight years ago.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Joss Whedon furiously masturbates to his own script

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Lmfao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The MSJ posted:

I've never seen this. Jfc, lol.

[edit]

The Cameo posted:

I think Joss still has a grudge over Donald Sutherland blowing off his dialogue to improvise his lines in the original Buffy movie.

The original Buffy movie came out twenty-eight years ago.

What a bitch, lmao.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 2, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Having bad flashbacks to arguments over Joss Whedon creating a tv show where people can be implanted with any memories, personalities, or skills imaginable and every episode is them being a prostitute and getting raped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

teagone posted:

I've never seen this. Jfc, lol.

[edit]

What a bitch, lmao.

The MSJ posted:

sponges posted:

Joss Whedon furiously masturbates to his own script

IIRC this was also the Whedon script where Wonder Woman's abilites/etc. all come from the suit which is sentient and whenever Wonder Woman is killed in battle the suit crawls to and bonds itself to the nearest woman it can find who is now the new Wonder Woman.