Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They could make Viggo too. But yeah there’s not a lot of legs to this series of toys. Honestly I could almost see there not being another wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Remember there’s still a new film coming out, and it has sequel options. Also, Hasbro can do RGB figures. I think it’ll be around for a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the MOTU Origins He-Man and Skeletor have been popping into stock on Wal-Mart.com. There's video reviews that look good and I have the WWEternia Ring with Cena and HHH and I dig those figures so I'm leaning heavily into this line but there's also the rumor that the Netflix line is going to be 6" like Classics. I wish they'd start teasing that show se we could see what the designs will actually look like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shiroc posted:

It seems like a Zuul BAF would be slightly disappointing if reasonable since Zuul is so similar to Vinz. How many more waves can they really get out of the original Ghostbusters movies? They'd still have Slimer, Louis, maybe Janine, Library ghost and the Ghostbusters in the suits from 2. Characters like Peck seem too secondary, boring looking and non-action for mass market Hasbro releases.

Ghostbusters 1 Janine and Ghostbusters 2 Janine

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The_Doctor posted:

If they’re copying their Black series MO, they’ll absolutely do Peck.

Maybe, it feels like Star Wars caters better to having obscure characters in waves easily because they can always have heroes and troopers to fill out most of the case. No store would ever want to carry the Louis/Janine/Peck box.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They could do a wave of Ghostbusters Janine, Ghostbusters 2 Janine, Ghostbusters Afterlife Janine, The Real Ghostbusters Janine, The Real Ghostbusters Janine in Ghostbusters uniform, and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Janine

I don't know what the build a figure would be though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The new Ghostbuster figures are weird in that Hasbro's face capture technology seems kinda being used here but is a bit of a hit and miss. Egon looks excellent while Winston suffers from small head syndrome. Peter is soooo close to looking like Bill Murray but the head's too stout and wide. Ray's head has dead eyes and the mouth is weird.

The bodies could've used maybe a light wash or a more matte plastic as the ones they have now are a bit too shiny. I do appreciate the subtle details to make the sculpts more unique, like Peter's untucked pant legs and how Ray's a bit fatter, though it makes getting his straps clasped a pain in the rear end. It's also criminal that only one of them comes with a proton stream. What the gently caress man?

The women, though? They look terrible and I'm glad I didn't pick them up. I'm happy I got just tha boys and doubt another wave will happen seeing these probably sell like poo poo outside the main four figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They use 3D scans for that so whenever they have to de-age it never looks that good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gripweed posted:

They could do a wave of Ghostbusters Janine, Ghostbusters 2 Janine, Ghostbusters Afterlife Janine, The Real Ghostbusters Janine, The Real Ghostbusters Janine in Ghostbusters uniform, and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Janine

I don't know what the build a figure would be though.

I would also accept IDW comics Janine:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Janine's all the way down.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It really goes to show, the people doing this Ghostbusters line are cowards. "Oh dear what if the line only gets one wave? We better do all four main guys so nobody yells at us if we can't make more, oh noooo"

If they had an ounce of bravery or ambition in their bodies, the first wave would've been Venkman from Ghostbusters 1, Janine from The Real Ghostbusters, Eduardo from Extreme Ghostbusters, one of the Scoleri Brothers, Crainiac, and possessed Abby Yates.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

It really goes to show, the people doing this Ghostbusters line are cowards. "Oh dear what if the line only gets one wave? We better do all four main guys so nobody yells at us if we can't make more, oh noooo"

If they had an ounce of bravery or ambition in their bodies, the first wave would've been Venkman from Ghostbusters 1, Janine from The Real Ghostbusters, Eduardo from Extreme Ghostbusters, one of the Scoleri Brothers, Crainiac, and possessed Abby Yates.

With a giant Murray the Mantis as the build-a-figure.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh yeah, Extreme Ghostbusters! I’d love to see nice line of figures from that show.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gimme “the Rookie” from the videogame.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, though it's possible they want to use the success of the first wave to justify a second by getting all their A-listers in one shot, following with a GB2 release or something.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I would take a Leslie Jones figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was a Ghostbuster once. (Very poorly translated but it stands), where's my figure?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well I think the vintage stuff was supposed to lead into the new movie merchandise. This was supposed to be the summer of Ghostbusters but COVID put a damper on all of those plans.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If they really wanted to print money they’d just put out an accessory pack with proton beams and traps and slime packs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If they really wanted to print money they’d just put out an accessory pack with proton beams and traps and slime packs.

Slime packs will be on the GB2 figures, but I could definitely see an accessory pack. Those tripod traps in GB2, the circular traps from EGB, the arm-mounted proton guns from the comics, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new TF accessory pack shows they're willing to do them now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The new TF accessory pack shows they're willing to do them now.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Speaking of bustin', I put a wash on my Egon's jumpsuit. I was a bit unsatisfied with how clean and textureless it was out of the box. I think it came out pretty well!!

When I get around to getting the others, I might do the same to them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Excellent wash, feels like that's what the figures needed in production to really push them over the edge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay I need a line I actually collect to release some new figures, I'm close to buying the WWEternia guys and I don't even really like wrestling.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I broke down and bought a Scarlet off Amazon to check out the new Joes. It's interesting how they loaded her up with even more articulation than your standard Marvel Legend, but they still saddled her with those lame single jointed elbows that just barely get to 90 degrees at most. Just terrible. The drop down hips are weird. Not quite sure what the point of these are. Sculpt and design wise, she's pretty cool except for the boots the bits of blue. The blue really clashes with her color scheme. And the boots are just overly busy (with rockets now I guess?).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh for gently caress's sake

Obviously I HAVE to own this.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Okay I need a line I actually collect to release some new figures, I'm close to buying the WWEternia guys and I don't even really like wrestling.

I’ve basically bought all the Black Series I want, TVC doesn’t have anything good coming for a while, and my Korg & Grandmaster pack came today so I’m also basically done with MCU MLs for the moment. Now I’m eyeing that Egon and even considering a Red Ranger and that non-transforming Megatron and Optimus they just revealed.

I need to stop buying everything that looks even moderately cool
:negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I preordered those non transforming guys, they look neat. I keep telling myself the GIJC stuff is a pass because I never had a lotnof Joe's as a kid but still tempting. These fuckin wrasslin' dudes are dripping with MoTU charm so it's hard to resist.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m so glad I was never into GI Joe, He-Man, or wrestling whatsoever, or else I’d be flat broke right now.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Don't collect wrestling figures, it will ruin your life. I'm going to sell my entire collection of them soon. Almost all of them are still boxed up, many rare figures. Going to use the money towards a car, as my wife needs the one we have for her job and I'm tired of being a prisoner in my home during the day. Anyway, as I was saying, don't collect wrestling figures, it is a huge money pit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd be collecting He-Man inspired figures technically.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ultraviolence123 posted:

Don't collect wrestling figures, it will ruin your life. I'm going to sell my entire collection of them soon. Almost all of them are still boxed up, many rare figures. Going to use the money towards a car, as my wife needs the one we have for her job and I'm tired of being a prisoner in my home during the day. Anyway, as I was saying, don't collect wrestling figures, it is a huge money pit.

I have the entire Kenner Star Wars 1977-1983 (gently caress spending the money on all the POTF figs though) line, enough of the Black Series that I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of it all, plus two tubs of bagged TVC figs, and a whole shelf of 3.75” pilots and droid factory astromechs. I already have too many money pits.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

They made the infamous snake arms shirt into an action figure. Who would've thought the people in charge of mashing Masters of the Universe with WWE would be huge nerds?

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 2, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hey you guys know Internet Comment Etiquette? He's a Youtube guy who makes funny videos about weird comment sections on the internet. I'm a big fan. This is what he usually looks like in his videos

Anyway, they're doing a figure of him and it's the worst thing I've ever seen

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yeah all the Big Youtube Personalities are having that company make dumbass toys of themselves that look nothing like them. CallMeKevin and BigJigglyPanda are two I can think of at the top of my head. Riding that Funky wave to the grave baby.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

It's Janine's all the way down.

She's a good character!

GHOSTBUSTAS, WHATTYA WANT?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhyno posted:

Buy them

Rhyno posted:

One of Us, One of Us

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While not action figures per se, here's an interesting thing lego is doing that might interest some folks here

ixnay posted:

There’s a new line just announced, “LEGO Art”:

https://brickset.com/article/52230/introducing-lego-art

$120 sets that make 48x48 pictures and include frame parts and wall hanging. Each set has multiple designs (so you can buy them 3 or 4 times to make the full set)

Iron man, Star Wars, the Beatles, and Warhol

It's interesting. I'm tempted by the Warhol and iron man ones, and I know a few people who would probably love the Beatles one as a gift.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Beatles ones are mostly good but Paul's looks a little off.