Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

bondi is for disgusting pink british backpackers and jews who never go to the beach

well we had a good single volley of conversation before you got really fuckin' racist with it, eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im basing this on my cousins who can see the beach from their front door but never go

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i mean i dont blame them, like i said, its full of british people

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
tbf if he is Jewish that's exactly how my wife talks about other jews

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
with the title change, i basically have no reason to ever leave cspam ever again

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Protesters prepare to take down a monument in Shelbyville

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Phil Layshow posted:

with the title change, i basically have no reason to ever leave cspam ever again

this has backfired on us folks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well if it is your situation.. my bad Farm Frenzy. It just seemed a bit of a sharp right turn there outta nowhere.

But more simpsons. That episode with Scully and Mulder was really good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

qcs again acting like an admin/mod being lovely means that fyad is somehow completely exonerated from it's history of being huge shitters and going completely unpunished for it

cyrano absolutely deserves the poo poo he's getting but i wish i didn't have to wade through a sea of FYAD Did Nothing Wrong posts to keep up

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Even my favorite shows of the 2010s (Sunny and Venture Bros) are starting their noticeable decline. It's a problem with all serialized fiction, I think. There's only so much a set of characters can do.

I can't find the exact quote, but Terry Pratchett said, in response to people asking him for more stories about Rincewind, that each character only has so many stories in them. I think about that every time I see a show that hangs on too long.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Phil Layshow posted:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Giga Gaia posted:

this has backfired on us folks

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Yinlock posted:

qcs again acting like an admin/mod being lovely means that fyad is somehow completely exonerated from it's history of being huge shitters and going completely unpunished for it

cyrano absolutely deserves the poo poo he's getting but i wish i didn't have to wade through a sea of FYAD Did Nothing Wrong posts to keep up

woah season 34 of the Simpsons got really weird huh

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh gently caress
The chili episode

"Okay, retrace your steps. Woke up, fought with Marge, ate Guatemalan
insanity peppers, then I... Oh..."

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I love that episode where homer gets the free sugar and keeps trying to sell it

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oxsnard posted:

I love that episode where homer gets the free sugar and keeps trying to sell it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAf_tMxc2RA

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oxsnard posted:

woah season 34 of the Simpsons got really weird huh

episode 623: Mods Knew

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the best simpsons watching advice is to start with season 3 and watch from there until the quality declines to a point that you're not enjoying it anymore.

If you bounce off season 3, you're not going to like it, and once the quality declines to the point where you don't like it anymore, it's never going to get better.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

I mean, why do you think they're doing that? It's pretty obvious.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

going backwards in simpsons means you have a golden age to look forward to and LK and all mods and admins should do this. common posters are free to do their unrefined idiot brain watching orders, much like how peasants once shat out their windows on their fellows below. tally ho!

(tomacco episode was the best episode)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-man posted:

going backwards in simpsons means you have a golden age to look forward to and LK and all mods and admins should do this. common posters are free to do their unrefined idiot brain watching orders, much like how peasants once shat out their windows on their fellows below. tally ho!

(tomacco episode was the best episode)

Tomacco episode is a strong argument for why to keep watching past season 10 actually. "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?", "Eight Misbehavin'", "Behind the Laughter"
It's not a perfect season but there's enough content in there to make it worthwhile

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh hey a simpsons thread

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I been reading the poo poo out of simpsons comics lately and some of them are pretty damned good, a wealth of excellent simpsons content

there is a great Radioactive Man the Movie comic that preserves the story hinted at in the episode where millhouse becomes fallout boy

it's fun, here are some select moments you may remember from the episode and also the ending to fill out the image

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm watching the simpsons right now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

hosed up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

an actual dog posted:

What episode

Also after looking through the episode lists on wikipedia season 14 is the first one I reach without an episode that makes me go "hey I remember that one" so maybe that's a good stopping point

My wife never watched the simpsons growing up so maybe I'll make her sit through the series with me at some point. But that means I need to give disney money now.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

an actual dog posted:

is it the one where bart and milhouse tell you voting is choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
just download a torrent

don't pay disney for the simpsons wtf lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the comics are just full of fun little gems like this

and then after a while you start not remembering if gags were in comics or from the TV show

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Egg Moron posted:

the comics are just full of fun little gems like this

and then after a while you start not remembering if gags were in comics or from the TV show

Holy gently caress that's deliciously grim

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

smarxist posted:

just download a torrent

don't pay disney for the simpsons wtf lol

yeah poo poo, it's there to be had, just snag it before they remove episodes for black face

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

just watched the one with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nax2jwrCS3A

and now I'm watching the next one which is where Bart breaks his leg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the pool episode is really good

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

its not simpsons but w/e im not stopping

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

MilpooL___

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress this thread has been good content all of a sudden.

Oh!
The one where Milhouse's parents get divorced