Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I feel like Sniper is forgetting the fact that if we leave Ur and head that direction, a murder wagon, or Enkidelpuss or whatever is instantly dispatched in our direction. We cant go to the sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We need to upgrade the laurels or sell them or something if they're no good for us anymore.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Z the IVth posted:

I think we sensed Samson's death though so unless he got eaten and spat back out as some one-eyed crippled smithing god.

Diog - in addition to my Embiggener question I want to ask Every-Strike if we can use the Red Cedar Club in the forge. Maybe as charcoal?
"It would make excellent fuel."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Question for Every-Strike: Would the Cephalot Spear be able to damage even Detestable Things, such as demons whose hides are normally impenetrable?
"That question is beyond the scope of my purpose."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Also, can we make the Cephalot Spear for Uriah to use, instead of us? Or do we have to make it for ourselves?
You can't use it, b esides as a traditional spear, you don't know how to harden things.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, can you expand on this? What does "ancient design" mean? Do you mean design pattern or the parts of the body it covers?
It covers roughly the same area as the armor used by the men of Zepath today, but the style of it is different. You recognize it as very similar to Ur style armor, but it looks strange.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Anything weird presence-wise from the armor?
No.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Have we seen spears made ENTIRELY of BB before?
Yes.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Ask Tudiya and Ish if they performed a mind read (like us and Uriah post Kadmonin) on Grisham[/b] (serious vote/can't remember the name)
Tudiya: "I did. He was fine."
Ishamal: "Even if I did, that is not something I would discuss with you."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Ask Awan and Khaba how often are they having city wide drills. Offer to send Eleazar or other officials to help lead them
You know that both focus primarily on their summer drills, though each also have standing armies, albeint not large ones, with more drills in the years approachign the Jubilee.

Polgas posted:

Can we confirm whether or not there was a pillar of fire showing El's approval?
There was, according to reports, no pillar of flame at your nephew's offering.

Polgas posted:

Did any of the shafts do a 180 like him after some adventurers with the young reactionary?
While you generally get along well enough with most of the Shafts, some of them are not exactly your fans, having many members of the Blooded Elite of Zepath in their ranks.

Polgas posted:

Did his ancient looking armor bear any resemblance to actually amok amalek armor design?
It did not match any armor design you know of. You recognize it as very similar to Ur style armor, but it looks strange.

Polgas posted:

How old was he when that farming family got burned?
He was 46 at the start of the Time-Skip vote. Calculate accordingly!

Bob Tuskins posted:

Maybe Every-Strike can “take a look” at his spear and armor and tell if there is anything weird with it.
Every-Strike has previously made clear that he won't act as a "Detect Mystical Items And Their Properties" detector for you.

Bob Tuskins posted:

How close does Every-Strike have to be to something to “see” it anyway?
He has not told you and you've not been able to find out, though most of the time he is in your forge with you. Even if he lacks eyes, he often describes things in visual terms so it certainly seems like he can see as if he had eyes? Despite being an uh, hammer, and not having any eyes.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Can we make him some googly eyes

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Beastyfella posted:

I feel like Sniper is forgetting the fact that if we leave Ur and head that direction, a murder wagon, or Enkidelpuss or whatever is instantly dispatched in our direction. We cant go to the sea.

Oh! This is a great point.

That’d really put a crimp in the capture a sea creature plan, Q5 E.

If we’re not gonna even help capture the thing then it really doesn’t seem worth doing.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

let's not forget that time he established eye contact with us without having eyes

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Diog, you missed this one early, sorry to repeat myself
Diog, does the armor seem to be made out of bronze?

PLus a new one.Tudiya, do you recognize the style of the armor?

My theory: He spent too much time with the cyclop. The cyclop is a HUGE racist. He says he hates cannibals but you know what he really means.Spends all his time listening to Fare news. Accuses everything he doesnt like of being "Old Tales".

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

SerSpook posted:

let's not forget that time he established eye contact with us without having eyes

Extremely power move

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Boonoo posted:

Oh! This is a great point.

That’d really put a crimp in the capture a sea creature plan, Q5 E.

If we’re not gonna even help capture the thing then it really doesn’t seem worth doing.

Capture it for forge mats rather than carting off to Baitel. Uriah and a swole, tooled up hit squad would probably be far more willing to capture a demon so Enkidel can turn it into incredible weapons to help their people rather than so Enkidel can get more famous.

Also,
6. Invite Dorian and Accoan observers to our summer drills, and offer to send our own attaches to theirs if they would like. A little bit of officer exchange can go a long way.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, does the armor seem to be made out of bronze?
Yes.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Tudiya, do you recognize the style of the armor?
"I do not."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Incrementally draw googly eyes, nose and silly mouth on Every with charcoal so it doesn't notice.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Outrail posted:

Incrementally draw googly eyes, nose and silly mouth on Every with charcoal so it doesn't notice.

This

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Tudiya, what can you tell me of Cyclopes? Are they known to work Blooded Bronze? Is that not the realm of descendants of Labaras?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Are there any blacksmiths in Zepath who don't hate us who Greg would have let look at his armor?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

southeast, far enough to be south of the Mountains of Fare

Diogines posted:

cyclops working his forge

Diogines posted:

a serpent of tremendous size.

Barkof, perhaps a crippled Amok, then maybe 7bird on his way back?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

Are there any blacksmiths in Zepath who don't hate us who Greg would have let look at his armor?
This isn't a free question, if you want to try that, please write it in for question #6, thank you.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Beastyfella posted:

Yes! Then we trick it and force it into the cage!

Every won't even begin to notice the googly eyes when he sees that sumbitch! And we'll make it into a weapon or weapons that will specifically counter one of the major problems with sea demons -- they keep changing & coming back to life

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Outrail posted:

+1

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Addendum to #6: Ask any of the blacksmiths in Zepath who don't hate us if Greg let them examine his armor.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
A cyclops made ancient Zepathan armour. Is this not a very interesting thing to most people?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tsyni posted:

A cyclops made ancient Zepathan armour. Is this not a very interesting thing to most people?

Not really because there's no way we can go to search for it.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

alpaca diseases posted:

Barkof, perhaps a crippled Amok, then maybe 7bird on his way back?

(sorry, i mean no disrespect by this post, if it weren't for Discord i wouldn't be clear on the timeline myself)

I agree. Several years before the Battle of Acco Barkof donned a eye patch and hid in the wilderness waiting for a zepathan young man to show up. Then he spent a few years pretending to be a cyclope and poisiong George's mind against us.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Can ES and snarls communicate in any fashion?

Can ES see things that we see when we're not together?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not really because there's no way we can go to search for it.

it wasn't a cyclops

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, this seems like a 'immediately send out a Mighty man to figure out wtf this abberation is about'.

We. Should ask our brother and dad why the gently caress Noone cares about this.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Yeah see the whole "A cyclops made it, and it's totally awesome armor and spear, and I totally slayed a Serpent!" is bullshit. Like, this is babby's first lie, There isn't an inkling of truth in the tale. Dude totally plundered a crypt for that poo poo at bare minimum and was handed it by a power that hates us otherwise.

His story is bullshit and thus IMHO, his reasons for hating us are circumspect. Lol if it's loving Barkof for some reason.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Mr. Nemo posted:

Several years before the Battle of Acco Barkof donned a eye patch and hid in the wilderness waiting for a zepathan young man to show up. Then he spent a few years pretending to be a cyclope and poisiong George's mind against us.

This reminds me of that comic that's just Thanos picking a random person on earth and ruining every birthday they had for no reason other than to be a dick.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

"Why yes I found a sentient monster that historically eats people and I enslaved it for it to make me armor and never killed it afterwards even though it's my duty and it was a blight unto Els creation."

Yeah totally loving believable story.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Zodiac5000 posted:

This reminds me of that comic that's just Thanos picking a random person on earth and ruining every birthday they had for no reason other than to be a dick.

Enkidel should totally do this. That story ended rather sweetly in a weird way if i remember correctly

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
So was asking Zebanetha about Karnak's false priests something we were trying to hide? We asked Jobe about finding members of the house of El who were patsies, are we hiding it from Zeb for some reason? Jobe's advice was basically "I dunno man, glad you found those priests who beat them to death with paving stones." I'm kinda curious what Zebanetha would say?

If we weren't purposefully avoiding this topic with Zeb I'd like to ask about what we do in the future?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think we just didn't ask Zeb because we voted not to talk with Zeb and by the time Question Time came around we were back in Kavodel and the question was directed at Jobe? I don't recall any intent to hide it at least.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Zeb knows us too well, there is no way Enkidel is going to be able to talk about heretical priests without Zeb getting a 10,000 yard stare because he thinks we just murdered a bunch of priests.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

CloFan posted:

1. C
2. DDFFP
3. DI
4. B
5. E

Changing #2 to FFFLP
#3 to HH to equip Acco and/or Dor
#5 still E, but for the forge not baitel

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
One eyed "cyclops"? Large serpent defeated to prove one's self? Who does young Guybrush think he is, Thor?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

EmpyreanFlux posted:

Yeah see the whole "A cyclops made it, and it's totally awesome armor and spear, and I totally slayed a Serpent!" is bullshit. Like, this is babby's first lie, There isn't an inkling of truth in the tale. Dude totally plundered a crypt for that poo poo at bare minimum and was handed it by a power that hates us otherwise.

His story is bullshit and thus IMHO, his reasons for hating us are circumspect. Lol if it's loving Barkof for some reason.

He stole it from no one.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

There’s so much that doesn’t make sense. We can’t even talk to him about Amalek due to NDA and say ‘hey we’ve seen some poo poo too. It’s hard to parse and if you ever want to discuss it with someone who won’t judge you I’m here as your uncle.’ much less even get in there and scrutinize his gear.

On a meta level I feel like if this was noteworthy that Diog would have brought it up when it happened and not as a slice of life thing while he figures out the huge time skip. He might just be a dick with some cool artifacts. And if we can’t even talk forge tech he might have seen then it can’t be that meaningful.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

EmpyreanFlux posted:

"Why yes I found a sentient monster that historically eats people and I enslaved it for it to make me armor and never killed it afterwards even though it's my duty and it was a blight unto Els creation."

Yeah totally loving believable story.

Who cares, though? Almost no one’s manhood trail story is true.

It’s not like we told anyone where we got our new clothes.

He’s not going to blab about grave robbing.

It’s completely plausible that he found an ancient buried Urian and robbed the grave. Then he killed a snake.

Maybe after surviving alone for four and a half years he didn’t receive a fraction of the adulation that we did during after our two or three month trail, and he started to nurse a grudge that developed over 30 years.

There’s plenty that Danal can feel salty toward us about, and it isn’t out of the question that his son would feel salty out of loyalty to his father (even if his father doesn’t feel that way). Given the culture in Zepath it’s no wonder the direction of critique those feeling take. There’s almost nothing else that anyone can criticize us about.

A nephew not liking his uncle—an uncle that grossly outshines his father’s accomplishments, an uncle he has barely interacted with—isn’t suspicious.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 2, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Lone Badger posted:

He stole it from no one.

:hmmyes:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Considering secret melachim everywhere and the end of the last game:

Interior of a forge with attached living quarters under a hill. The area appears to have been hastily and recently hollowed out within the root structure of a large tree crowning the lopsided earthen berm. The anvil and tools, however, are immaculate.

"For the last time, kid, some Cyclops are born with two eyes and then just lose one over time. Now what year is it again?"

Gershon: "Year? Ummm... 73rd year of the rule of Tudiya? I think?"

30' tall future Enkidel wearing an eyepatch: "Hm. Well that doesn't help much, does it? But, as I was saying, Iyy-nnnkidel was a total rear end back around then. Now. Back home. Your home, I mean. *glares at his forge* Go think about how foreigners are backwards idiots for awhile. And no supper because I'm a monster. Grr."

"73rd of... Eldamn, I miss the capybaras."

*crafts armor ~2500 years out of style*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
I know anti-votes aren't a thing but Respect Gershom's right to go on strange adventures beyond the border of Ur and bring back bizarre artifacts you don't talk to anyone about and to disagree with Enkidel. Don't try to trick someone into betraying Gershom's trust to tell us about his gear. This poo poo will only backfire on us and confirm to Gershom and the rest of Zepath we're a mad tyrant who doesn't respect the privacy of the leading citizens of Zepath.