Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress off op your thread sux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
mlyp

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BeefThief posted:

gently caress off op your thread sux

go back to d&d, moron

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BeefThief posted:

No but there definitely was going to be war somewhere. You think Al Gore would have stood up to the forces of the MIC? I'm also not saying the wars were a good thing in any way, just that it was pretty much inevitable.

e: this precludes the fact the bush did 9/11, so maybe if Al Gore were president it wouldn't have even happened. All other things held constant though there was gonna be war
There was a war in Afghanistan. Iraq was a new war.

Stringent posted:

Trump managed to do it.
Only Trump could decide that foreigners dying was bad.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

fart simpson posted:

go back to d&d, moron

i cant im too busy starting a thread to re-litigate my 20 year old grudge with a bad president under the guise of trying to have a real discussion

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Well you're doing a good job, so far you've managed to demonstrate that Trump is better than George Bush and Al Gore.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

ban any babybrain lib who says trump or bush ( it’s Obama)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PawParole posted:

ban any babybrain lib who says trump or bush ( it’s Obama)

which of bush or obama helped reignite the american far-left more?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BeefThief posted:

i cant im too busy starting a thread to re-litigate my 20 year old grudge with a bad president under the guise of trying to have a real discussion

:same:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bush. Not even a competition.

grandma why
Sep 24, 2010

terrible
trump didnt start any wars yet and i lust for blood so he is worse

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

grandma why posted:

trump didnt start any wars yet and i lust for blood so he is worse

grandma, why?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

In my opinion Donald Trump is worse than George W. Bush.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

In my opinion Donald Trump is worse than George W. Bush.

"see you're dumb and your bad at opinions and LAMO and LOL and JUST LOL at everybody and WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES LAMO!!!!!!"

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I can understand why a dumbass liberal might think trump is worse than Obama but the brain worms required to make someone think he's worse than Bush 2 is inconceivable to me.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
reminder that gwb let 9/11 happen so he could go play in the sandbox

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

"see you're dumb and your bad at opinions and LAMO and LOL and JUST LOL at everybody and WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES WAR CRIMES LAMO!!!!!!"

the gently caress is wrong with you

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I guess the media's whitewashing of Bush 2 is a success.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

pathetic

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

reminder that gwb let 9/11 happen so he could go play in the sandbox

:hfive:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

paul_soccer12, stay with me on this one, but

we could have had a bush 3 :eek:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
tehyre making a bush 3 with better graphics and more levels and theres more 9/11's in the new one

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I can understand why a dumbass liberal might think trump is worse than Obama but the brain worms required to make someone think he's worse than Bush 2 is inconceivable to me.
sneaking chocolates and naenaeing with ellen can whitewash a lot of war crimes

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
you could take almost any one thing bush did and stack it against the entirety of what trump has done and see that whatever bush did is infinitely worse. like trump is bad but holy poo poo bush 2

Korean Boomhauer has issued a correction as of 10:17 on Jul 3, 2020

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
tho trump has empowered bigots to be more open and aggressive towards minority groups which sucks. idr what the political scene looked like back when bush 2 was a thing though.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Korean Boomhauer posted:

tho trump has empowered bigots to be more open and aggressive towards minority groups which sucks. idr what the political scene looked like back when bush 2 was a thing though.

Easy enough to explain. Trump hasn't changed anything, social media has just made it easier to get the word out.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Stringent posted:

You know, I'm kinda thinking I should have gone for Obama. Dubya definitely made everything worse, but Obama did and continues to keep anything from getting better.

Bush did All The Bad Things. Obama made them part of the political consensus.

Bush is worse. gently caress Obama.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Korean Boomhauer posted:

bush 2 made psycho evangelicals the mass base of the republican party and further set the stage for the drift towards open white nationalism that's been progressing since goldwater

trump is another step in that direction and that is bad, but bush matches him even there

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

even ignoring bush's single greatest sin, the extreme strengthening of the security state at the cost of millions of lives and the personal liberty of everyone in the western world, he's still incomparably worse than trump in terms of actual political damage. he gleefully sacrificed any chance of the bourgeois world dealing with global warming for his petrodollar chums, he killed the best shot at a semi-equitable outcome in palestine, he completely eviscerated american public education

george bush was an apocalyptic event, trump is just a bloated and disgusting windbag

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The worst thing Obama did is not prosecute the Bush administration. That's how bad Bush is.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TrixRabbi posted:

Up until this year I would have said Bush but Trump's claimed the title. Like, let's be honest, if Hillary had won we'd be staring down the barrel of President Matt Gaetz in January but her team would have acted on COVID in December/January and either helped prevent its global spread or at least introduced early preventative measures that would have stopped it from getting this bad at home. Like, this is firmly Trump's fault and I'm gonna hand him the title he fought hard for.

she would've been impeached and removed by the republican supermajority 116th congress five minutes into their first session

Orange Devil posted:

The worst thing Obama did is not prosecute the Bush administration. That's how bad Bush is.

well that and continue most of his worst policies

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

actually it was libya, a grievous crime trump has yet to surpass

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the fact that some people are able to immediately word associate "iraq war" with bush but not "libya war" with obama is a tremendous propaganda win

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Korean Boomhauer posted:

establishment republicans in the 2000s bent over backward to prop up token minorities, and they nearly broke even with the latino vote in 04. it's when the party line on mlk went from commie rapist plagiarist to lifelong republican

meanwhile jon stewart and stephen colbert openly mocked gay and trans people

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Orange Devil posted:

Actually it was rigging the 2020 primary against a candidate that might have had a slim chance at saving our asses.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Bush

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Bush 2, easily.

I was talking to some goons about something similar while back, I was bemoaning how in hindsight Florida '00 and Pat Buchanan's hilarious Palm Beach spike led directly to where we are today. Someone shrugged their shoulders and said "Eh, my guy won in 2000, I'm ok with it" and I replied point blank that "his guy" was the worst president since the civil war. It got me thinking though: how far back do you need to go before finding someone worse than GWB? I was too young to properly understand how bad Reagan truly was so he might make it. Nixon was a criminal and a creep but his shenanigans seem banal compared to what Bush accomplished, although Anna Chennault in theory might be enough to push him over the edge (I still maintain starting two multi-decade wars is worse). Kennedy? Hoover? Harding?

Alris has issued a correction as of 13:15 on Jul 3, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Alris posted:

It got me thinking though: how far back do you need to go before finding someone worse than GWB?

Clinton.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

comedyblissoption posted:

actually it was libya, a grievous crime trump has yet to surpass

the issue with libya is that it seems to have been forced by sarkozy when he was horrified that gadaffi would air some dirty laundry, so obama sort of went along with it rather than create it from basically nothing like bush did in iraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the war crimes and genocide in south east asia during the vietnam war era across multiple republican and democratic presidencies were worse than the iraq war hth