Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cretin90 posted:

"Source has reached maximum conduit count" is seriously pissing me off. I wish it were even slightly explained in game. Why even put a limit on it?

One object can be attached to a maximum of 4 pylons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Sarcastro posted:

A) this
B) I really would have sworn that I already did, the very first time I encountered him. Maybe I didn't; guess we'll see in the next map he pops up in.

Yep, it definitely was that, although now I think maybe the ! only comes up the very first time he popped up each map, and I'd probably talked to him later the times that I had. COMPLAINT WITHDRAWN.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Spent the evening doing endgame boss poo poo on my tecslam chieftain. Yeaaaaaaah, I'm done with that one. Single target for bosses is SO BAD. Like holy gently caress Batman. Elder (non-Uber), a few Shaper Guardians, Sirus, and a Synthesis map boss were all slogs. When the slam procs line up it feels really good. When they don't, which happens very often, it feels really bad. Time to sell my axe, gloves, neck, and helmet.

Next up: Redemption Sentries. I haven't done a proper Necromancer in a very long time, and Spectres in uh...gently caress, I don't even remember. Abyss? It was before 3.0.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Raider is by far the most entertaining ascendency I’ve tried yet and my only disappointment is that you have to choose between Onslaught and phasing :/

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Spent the evening doing endgame boss poo poo on my tecslam chieftain. Yeaaaaaaah, I'm done with that one. Single target for bosses is SO BAD. Like holy gently caress Batman. Elder (non-Uber), a few Shaper Guardians, Sirus, and a Synthesis map boss were all slogs. When the slam procs line up it feels really good. When they don't, which happens very often, it feels really bad. Time to sell my axe, gloves, neck, and helmet.

Next up: Redemption Sentries. I haven't done a proper Necromancer in a very long time, and Spectres in uh...gently caress, I don't even remember. Abyss? It was before 3.0.

Yeah, I feel this buddy. My icicle mines guy's single target is so loving bad. God willing I'm going to hit Sirus for the first time tomorrow and I have no drat doubt in mind that I'm gonna have to get a fellow goon to finish him off for me.

e: I'm probably gonna try some Vortex/wintertide thing next build.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

xZAOx posted:

...other people? Gross :(

So how do ROTAs like this work? You all group up, and take turns going to each other's hideout?

Everyone run a T16, or just any 14-16? How much juice?

How is normal map loot handled?

I obviously have never grouped with anyone, much less taken part in a ROTA.

Global 840 is the channel for sulphite rotas

it's been a couple of leagues since i last deep delved, but if things haven't changed, you'll see hosts announcing rotas on global 840 by saying some variant of "LFM single/double/triple rota T15+ x% q no boss x/6". Just pm them your maps and they'll invite you to their party

Single/double/triple refers to the number of maps (1/2/3) each person will be running, so a total of 6/12/18 maps. If I'm not mistaken a single rota yields around 15-16k sulphite, so 30-32k for a double rota and 45-48k for a triple rota. x%q refers to the minimum quant on the maps, usually it's 80 or 90 or 100. Most hosts have no issues with frags, just link them along with the lower quant map(s) when pming them.

Try to run maps with good layouts, i.e. linear and/or small maps where you can hit all three sulphite nodes in less than a minute - strand, coves, beach, canyon, shore, city square etc. Also never run reflect maps.

Once the party is full the host will put the player order up on the Social/Party tab and everyone goes to each player's hideout in order.

Once you enter each map, wait for everyone to join the instance before moving. When everyone's in, just follow people around from sulphite node to sulphite node. Don't click the nodes, just wait for someone else to do it once everyone's around it. People usually don't care about picking up anyhting unless it's like an exalt, just go in, hit the sulphite nodes, get out. Each map takes maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute, so even a triple rota doesn't take that long.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
When we launched Harvest, some of the crafts were accidentally disabled at higher levels. We planned a hotfix for last week that would turn these crafts back on, double the number of seeds you get in high-tier maps, fix up a bunch of crafting option weightings so that the more desirable ones occur more often, and so on. Generally a positive patch, we hoped.

Unfortunately, we made more mistakes and deployed a patch that made the situation a lot worse.

The final impact of all of the changes from the hotfix was that the chance of getting a desirable mod-adding or mod-removing craft decreased by between 25% to 40% for most mod tags. This is not what was intended, and we are very sorry about this mistake. It should not have been made and should have been fixed a lot faster.

One reason why we've been slow to fix this is that we wanted to check with code review and gathering logs that there was actually a problem (rather than players misreporting the issue or being unlucky). While it's good to be careful, it's unacceptable that this process took a week.

The 3.11.1 patch will not only fix this problem but will also get crafting into a much better state where you're getting way more of the outcomes that you actually want. The precise details will be in the patch notes early tomorrow, alongside deployment of the patch itself. (As a side note, 3.11.1 also doubles the rate of Tier 2 seeds that you find, which in turn results in you finding more Tier 3 and 4 seeds.)

This whole situation actually prompted quite a lot of internal review about how we handle processes like this. We're not pleased with what happened either. While we'd love to reassure you that it'll be better in the future, we're going to go with actions rather than words this time.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I have to say that the bleed bow gladiator is one of the most fun builds I've played in a while, and I've played a lot of builds. If anybody is on the fence, I highly recommend it.

My starter was an ice crash berserker, not following a guide or anything. I used him to get all of the watchstones, but I was perpetually stuck at 92. The combination of needing to get close and delay before damage would result in frequent deaths. I sold that 9.3% base crit fleshripper I had crafted for 23 ex, put it into a bow, and made my gladiator a few days ago. He is now 95, and I have to say it is a ton of fun. He clears speedily and safely with satisfying bloodsplosions, and assailium megapunctures are great at bosses and metamorphs.

Monoliths were particularly deadly for my berserker, as some of the packs of enemies would just explode me. Bleedbow can just retreat to a safe distance before the enemies start moving and offscreen them all by spraying split arrow around. Metamorph? Snipe it once as soon as it is hittable, throw out an ensnaring arrow, and then get away. It dies a second or two later.

I do wish there were more compelling chest options for the build. I see some people using lioneye's vision for the free pierce link, which would definitely let you make the split arrow stronger. At the same time, that feels kind of unnecessary. Similarly I see some people with explosion astral plates, which I am sure probably do improve chaining a bit, but clear on the build is already very good with the bleedsplosions. I'll probably end up making one, but it doesn't feel like a necessity. I am still just using a celestial justicar chest crafted with a hp essence.

One big mistake I made early was buying a pierce quiver without understanding why that was bad. It was cheap, and seemed like a place to start. Any pierce on gear or the tree messes up your ensnaring arrows though, which means your single target is about 1/3 of what it should be. I crafted a useful broadhead quiver, and since then everything has been peachy.

One thing I did that I haven't noticed other people on ninja doing was craft +1 frenzy charges on all of my jewelry for permanent max frenzy charges and the extra 10% more damage from gladiator. I know you can keep them up easily enough while mapping, but it doesn't really help for bosses unless you want to start working in the frenzy attack. Who wants to be spamming frenzy on a boss to build charges when you can do an opener megapuncture instead?

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 2, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jinnigan posted:

When we launched Harvest, some of the crafts were accidentally disabled at higher levels. We planned a hotfix for last week that would turn these crafts back on, double the number of seeds you get in high-tier maps, fix up a bunch of crafting option weightings so that the more desirable ones occur more often, and so on. Generally a positive patch, we hoped.

Unfortunately, we made more mistakes and deployed a patch that made the situation a lot worse.

The final impact of all of the changes from the hotfix was that the chance of getting a desirable mod-adding or mod-removing craft decreased by between 25% to 40% for most mod tags. This is not what was intended, and we are very sorry about this mistake. It should not have been made and should have been fixed a lot faster.

One reason why we've been slow to fix this is that we wanted to check with code review and gathering logs that there was actually a problem (rather than players misreporting the issue or being unlucky). While it's good to be careful, it's unacceptable that this process took a week.

The 3.11.1 patch will not only fix this problem but will also get crafting into a much better state where you're getting way more of the outcomes that you actually want. The precise details will be in the patch notes early tomorrow, alongside deployment of the patch itself. (As a side note, 3.11.1 also doubles the rate of Tier 2 seeds that you find, which in turn results in you finding more Tier 3 and 4 seeds.)

This whole situation actually prompted quite a lot of internal review about how we handle processes like this. We're not pleased with what happened either. While we'd love to reassure you that it'll be better in the future, we're going to go with actions rather than words this time.

I’m not gonna lie it’s kinda sad they have to post like this because Reddit threw an absolute hissy fit. I don’t love the league but that doesn’t mean GGG needs to commit seppuku because the drop rates are meh.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m not gonna lie it’s kinda sad they have to post like this because Reddit threw an absolute hissy fit. I don’t love the league but that doesn’t mean GGG needs to commit seppuku because the drop rates are meh.

The fix made the problem worse and it took them a week to confirm that fact

That’s embarrassing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Imo, it's still better than the Metamorph snafu over the holidays. It's still not a good look, but at least I could still interact with Harvest content.

I do look forward to the fix, and their review process.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Devor posted:

The fix made the problem worse and it took them a week to confirm that fact

That’s embarrassing

Idk a week to verify whatever weird math poo poo is going on behind the scenes in a live service game with tens of thousands of players on the servers doesn’t even sound strange to me as a layperson.

I think people need to chill out about the league, like yeah it’s a bit of a dud league but it’s not a crisis or anything lol.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I love this crafting system and I am more than ready for GGG to over compensate and make it even more OP. Gimme more seeds!

J
Jun 10, 2001

Harvest boss glitched out and let me attack from about 70% health to 0 without doing anything lol where's my laptop

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Raider is by far the most entertaining ascendency I’ve tried yet and my only disappointment is that you have to choose between Onslaught and phasing :/

No you don't :confused:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Papercut posted:

4 watchstones should be super easy to fix and I'm sure there are plenty of goons who will give you a few T6s to get started at this point. Follow this guide, it makes atlas progression completely painless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbmims/guide_stepbystep_visual_guide_on_atlas/

currently at like step 7 where it expects you to have a boatload of t8+ maps of the 2 stone zone, which I don't. What's the quick detour method of grinding up some t8+ maps, would I just grind more of the 1 stone zone boosted maps to try to get drops or just t6-7~ maps in general?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fister Roboto posted:

No you don't :confused:

You gotta get frenzy charges so you can have a little solar system orbit you while you fly around being a murder hobo :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

You gotta get frenzy charges so you can have a little solar system orbit you while you fly around being a murder hobo :colbert:

You can take frenzy charges, onslaught, and phasing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fister Roboto posted:

You can take frenzy charges, onslaught, and phasing.

I thought about this! The build I’m following recommends the whole frenzy branch and the whole onslaught branch, but I considered taking the whole frenzy branch and then the first part of each of the other two branches.

The phasing branch seems really good defensively.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jinnigan posted:

OMG

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I have been having a blast this league and I love my garden, so if this is the bugged version of w/e I am even more excited to see what its like tomorrow.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Yea all league I have been having an opposite experience of the redditors, the rates of the crafts seem very appropriate to me relative to the power. My gear is getting pretty crazy already so I guess the sky is the limit after the next patch.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I chained Act 10 Reliquary for like 90 minutes and now have 9 full plots of T1 seeds waiting for tomorrow. Hoping to craft up a bunch more tanks and dispensers so I can start my T2+ plots.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hi,

I'm pretty new (level 10) but what the gently caress is the point of chests? At least drop something!

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

nerox posted:

POE has a pretty predictable life cycle.

Announcement of the announcement
The announcement <---- You are here
Daily teasers of 1-2 things
Then Week of Launch:
1) the manifesto about balance comes Monday
2) the actual passive tree is released on Tuesday
3) new gems are released Wednesday
4) Patch Notes are released Thursday
5) League is launched Friday
Then there is a lot of complaining on reddit and things get fixed
by week 2-3 they've patched the league mechanic to not be annoying
by week 6 this thread turns to poo poo until we get back to the start of the cycle.

Did I miss anything?

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

I'm pretty new (level 10) but what the gently caress is the point of chests? At least drop something!

The ones you don't open always have something good in them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Red Red Blue posted:

The ones you don't open always have something good in them

Thats bullshit!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Chests mostly don't have anything good, but they DO have a higher chance of containing currency than mobs do. It's a good idea to open them. Except bone chests, those suck.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Filthy Monkey posted:

One big mistake I made early was buying a pierce quiver without understanding why that was bad. It was cheap, and seemed like a place to start. Any pierce on gear or the tree messes up your ensnaring arrows though, which means your single target is about 1/3 of what it should be. I crafted a useful broadhead quiver, and since then everything has been peachy.

One thing I did that I haven't noticed other people on ninja doing was craft +1 frenzy charges on all of my jewelry for permanent max frenzy charges and the extra 10% more damage from gladiator. I know you can keep them up easily enough while mapping, but it doesn't really help for bosses unless you want to start working in the frenzy attack. Who wants to be spamming frenzy on a boss to build charges when you can do an opener megapuncture instead?

Guess what, im running a pierce quiver cause i thought "pierce makes split arrow hit more guys, must be good".
Im in no way shape or form surprised however, that it turns out to be exactly wrong.

Regarding frenzy charges, keep in mind the builds on poe ninja are pushing xp and simply ignore bosses if they compromise their xp/hour gain.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It bothers me that the first thing that gets "fixed" due to whining is the profitability of undoubtedly most overpowered league mechanic ever made. I have set up 3 t1 harvesters per color and it's still just not fun having to go into the grove and bring bases and scourings and swap out storage tanks and horticrafting stations and reconnect the pylons. It's not complicated it's just tedious and all the comparisons to Factorio, a game about automating tedious tasks, are undeserved.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Yea all league I have been having an opposite experience of the redditors, the rates of the crafts seem very appropriate to me relative to the power. My gear is getting pretty crazy already so I guess the sky is the limit after the next patch.

The crafts are wildly powerful, but if you were doing T16 maps before the hotfix last week it was very clear there was a negative change to the drop rate of the top tier crafts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Yeah

What is the best top end damage cyclone build ? Still impale champion ?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Yeah

What is the best top end damage cyclone build ? Still impale champion ?

Looks like Slayer and even Gladiator are more played with cyclone than Champion: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Cyclone

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You gotta remove Cospris and Cast on Crit from your search, it evens out a lot.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?...-Strike-Support

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah looks like impale champ still king of dps

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Champion is also probably the second best defensive ascendancy in the game now. If you have enough phys reduction/endurance charges and use Loreweave + Transcendance + Imbalanced Guard you should be able to tank anything.

I'm playing EQ Jugg with The Brass Dome and Transcendance and stand in ground effects all day with 5k life. Can recommend for a chill playstyle.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mercrom posted:

It bothers me that the first thing that gets "fixed" due to whining is the profitability of undoubtedly most overpowered league mechanic ever made. I have set up 3 t1 harvesters per color and it's still just not fun having to go into the grove and bring bases and scourings and swap out storage tanks and horticrafting stations and reconnect the pylons. It's not complicated it's just tedious and all the comparisons to Factorio, a game about automating tedious tasks, are undeserved.

I think you’re doing it wrong tbh

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

search engine posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of intentionally skipping over Einhar's targets so he has to follow me around the entire map clearing blights and fighting shaper guardians. No mighty poems for you today, buddy.

you're just giving him material for an even longer and mightier one. "We started out going on a hunt, ended up killing a God" is classic storytelling.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I think you’re doing it wrong tbh

pls teach me how to farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Use the alch-equivalents on maps and not equipment, make a bunch of extra storage containers so you’re not swapping them out all the time, that seems crazy to me