Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Yeah I should probably get around to building as many storage tanks as my computer can handle. But I have enough alchs for maps so I'm not gonna waste juice on map crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

I'm pretty new (level 10) but what the gently caress is the point of chests? At least drop something!

Soon enough you will be leaving 99% of all drops on the ground where they belong

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thanks, this just made everything click for me. I totally missed that craft bench interaction with target annuls.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mercrom posted:

Yeah I should probably get around to building as many storage tanks as my computer can handle.

Me too, only need another 186 or so...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Really hope they are able to add higher tier storage tanks at some point. Was tripping all over my layout during a double t4 boss fight

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I advise placing as many farms as can fit in your garden so you can setup the mobs to be killed on good maps all at once, especially on good div card maps.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I advise placing as many farms as can fit in your garden so you can setup the mobs to be killed on good maps all at once, especially on good div card maps.

Don't forget to use a Delirium orb

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I like this one. But I'm waiting for the patch to see if I should get 4-5 T1 harvesters per color.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/status/1278562230187917312

bex is straight up not having a good time

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

She did clarify in another tweet that it's something in her personal life, not (just) the toxic community.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Maybe I've missed something but think it's kind of offensive to call people complaining about a video game "toxic" with all sexual harassment going on in the gaming community.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Mercrom posted:

Maybe I've missed something but think it's kind of offensive to call people complaining about a video game "toxic" with all sexual harassment going on in the gaming community.

buddy you're reading an awful lot into a nothing comment

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 2, 2020

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Mercrom posted:

Yeah I should probably get around to building as many storage tanks as my computer can handle. But I have enough alchs for maps so I'm not gonna waste juice on map crafting.

Don't know why you'd consider that a waste, map rolling with harvest crafts is free and plentiful while alchs are expensive this league. Most of my life juice just gets discarded. I already have like a dozen of each color of storage tank and never seem to run out of the stuff since I harvest T1s to roll maps pretty frequently.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Reddit going into hyper whiteknight mode over this.
people have problems, news at 11.
Oh wait, this one has tits, better fire up a 400 page thread.
Redditors see her as their lady in distress waifu, its loving sad to see them climb over one another to wish her all the best.

maybe ive become jaded, but idgaf about the personal struggles of an employee of a company whose product i happen to consume.

Them getting that seedcrafts going is what i care about, followed by cluster jewels.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I mean this is still a culture (gaming/entertainment in general, not Path of Exile in particular) where people get death threats for reasons such as "favorite character is wrong color" or "is a girl", so 'toxic' can certainly apply to other situations too.

Whatever Bex is going through I really hope it gets better for her.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Redditors see her as their lady in distress waifu, its loving sad to see them climb over one another to wish her all the best.

maybe ive become jaded, but idgaf about the personal struggles of an employee of a company whose product i happen to consume.

this post sucks rear end

Askew
Dec 20, 2007
Slightly Off-Balance

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Them getting that seedcrafts going is what i care about, followed by cluster jewels.

Usually when someone dgaf about something, they don't feel the need to comment on it without any real prompting. Glad you volunteered your basic lack of human empathy though.

Now, I'm excited for the crafting changes. I haven't really been feeling this league, but these buffs might be exactly what I'm looking for.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This league really sucks if it's bringing out posts like this.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Raising an infant is stressful af

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Jesus christ dude

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SUFFER FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
:yikes: elite gamers coming out of the woodwork

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

What the gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yolomon Wayne posted:

get out

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

lmao at that post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The Poe Reddit has been 40% more awful lately

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mercrom posted:

You've missed the meaning of the word toxic perhaps? It has nothing to do with sexual harassment.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let’s start this page over please

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s start this page over please

sure! based off of Steam Charts, this league has lost just about 60k~ of its 125k~ steam players in 2 weeks since launch. that feels like a lot. this league mechanic kind of stinks and i hope the changes next week make it better-er

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Alright, ignoring every bit of all that...

There seems to be some serious disconnect on opinions on this league. Is this the difference between "casual players (aka, work, maybe family, so 1-4 hours a day or whatever)" and "hardcore (streamers, or other people who for whatever reason can play pretty much all day"?

Because one side is "this crafting is boring and a waste of time. Grinding out seeds for hours to get maybe 1 decent craft", the other is "holy crap this is the most OP league ever, I'm making amazeballs items every 5 minutes, ridiculous!".

I lean more towards the first, personally - I've gotten a total of 3 crafts worth selling. I play usually 2-4 hours a day, depending on family / EverQuest needs, lol.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

xZAOx posted:

There seems to be some serious disconnect on opinions on this league. Is this the difference between "casual players (aka, work, maybe family, so 1-4 hours a day or whatever)" and "hardcore (streamers, or other people who for whatever reason can play pretty much all day"?

Because one side is "this crafting is boring and a waste of time. Grinding out seeds for hours to get maybe 1 decent craft", the other is "holy crap this is the most OP league ever, I'm making amazeballs items every 5 minutes, ridiculous!".

I lean more towards the first, personally - I've gotten a total of 3 crafts worth selling. I play usually 2-4 hours a day, depending on family / EverQuest needs, lol.

I think a lot of casual folks are bouncing off the T1 -> T2 transition. Seed crafts are ephemeral, so if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the bench to save crafts, it feels like you're about to throw a bunch of currency down the drain

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

I'm pretty new (level 10) but what the gently caress is the point of chests? At least drop something!

If you are level 10, on your first character, chests will definitely drop loot that might be an upgrade. If literally nothing comes out check to see if you have loot names turned off (n I think?) or if you have too strict a loot filter.

People telling you that chests suck or you should leave 99% of everything on the ground are in the endgame with really optimized gear. Leveling is a totally different experience when it comes to finding loot.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Devor posted:

I think a lot of casual folks are bouncing off the T1 -> T2 transition. Seed crafts are ephemeral, so if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the bench to save crafts, it feels like you're about to throw a bunch of currency down the drain

Metamorph: Put currency organs in. Exalts come out LOL
Delirium: Go fast. Kill waves on boss. Exalts come out LOL
Harvest: I need to look at flowcharts. Prefix and affixes. Implicits and Explicits. WTF is a fractured stat? Where do the exalts come out?!?!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

xZAOx posted:

I think the key is that it seems to reduce the good crafts at higher levels. i definitely noticed a lot more of the interesting crafts at lower levels and I was really jazzed about the league (things like remove lovely affix and roll the affix type you want). The moment I got to "higher" levels, all I seem to get is reroll style affixes with the occasional reroll with certain affix types being more likely. It's basically made me fully ignore the possibility of doing my own crafting and resorting to the standard gameplay loop of run maps, gather currency, buy items. I've never been interested in the regular style of crafting because there's a huge cost of entry but the seeds made it seem a lot more accessible until they became garbage. Basically based on what they stated, this will be awesome if they fix it properly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IMHO they need to get rid of storage tanks entirely, just have one collective pool of juice with infinite capacity. They can reduce the amount of juice you get from condensing to compensate, because storage tanks are just a juice tax and pointless busywork.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I hope the incoming t2 seed drop buff will alleviate the need for storage tanks.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Fister Roboto posted:

IMHO they need to get rid of storage tanks entirely, just have one collective pool of juice with infinite capacity. They can reduce the amount of juice you get from condensing to compensate, because storage tanks are just a juice tax and pointless busywork.

That or a more expensive tank variant that can just hold a lot more..300 or 500 or whatever it is is nothing, I'll gladly pay the juice premium.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Hard agree, the base building parts of it are awful.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I totally agree re: tanks. All the pylons and poo poo take forever to manage, although I finally set up a garden where I don't have to move things so instead of a small management headache each time that I didn't like, I spent an entire session loving around designing my garden like a pattern online and haven't played in two days since because it was so deeply unfun for me.

I really like the crafting, even at low power level, but I play poe to click lil monsters and watch em burn or splat or pop, not to string together pylons. I liked blight and never really understood some people's complaints about it, but this league really helps me grok what they meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

EVIL Gibson posted:

Metamorph: Put currency organs in. Exalts come out LOL
Delirium: Go fast. Kill waves on boss. Exalts come out LOL
Harvest: I need to look at flowcharts. Prefix and affixes. Implicits and Explicits. WTF is a fractured stat? Where do the exalts come out?!?!

What gets me is, even with an understanding of poedb and affix tags and all that, trying to keep track of all my crafting projects is a huge pain in the rear end. And then even when you keep track of it, like a separate tab for all your projects and oh finally a fire annul that I needed! and oh whoops sorry wrong ilvl. It's not fun.