Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Where is it. I don't see where it says that in the imgur link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Coldbird posted:

Some interesting stuff in there. I don't really know Necrons well enough to know what stands out on that side, so I'm mostly looking at the Marine sheets.

edit: spoilered it all

Where is all this from?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'd be really happy if the rules reflected more heavily that this is a hobby but I also don't want to hobble people that just want to play with a disadvantage. We have house rules for this as a tie breaker at my club, but you've got everyone's buy in so when a game is drawn the fancier looking army wins.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Neat. Love the bullets.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Coldbird posted:

That's a good thing for the game IMO, and I hope it's part of a larger trend away from 3++ saves.

40k is dead to me the moment i can't taunt my opponent with a series of lucky Zoanthrope saves.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Ehh, if it’s a general move away from 3++ it makes a lot of things which were already not very good decidedly bad. Zoantropes being one of them.

Anyway, I really dislike the new core desperate breakout stratagem. Imo it will only be used for dumb bullshit shenanigans with points and/or with for blocking charges/consolidation/pile-ins/screening/etc.

E: I don’t see it adding anything to the game other than dumb “gotcha!”s and spending time measuring and arguing over whether the unit can clear the other unit and therefore have more models within the objective range or manage to block a charge next round or whatever.

EE: vvv I’m sure it is, but that will definitely not be it’s main use

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 2, 2020

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Ehh, if it’s a general move away from 3++ it makes a lot of things which were already not very good decidedly bad. Zoantropes being one of them.

Anyway, I really dislike the new core desperate breakout stratagem. Imo it will only be used for dumb bullshit shenanigans with points and/or with for blocking charges/consolidation/pile-ins/screening/etc.

E: I don’t see it adding anything to the game other than dumb “gotcha!”s and spending time measuring and arguing over whether the unit can clear the other unit and therefore have more models within the objective range or manage to block a charge next round or whatever.

Isn't it just to stop dumb tri-point your single model, now you can't shoot my massive unit stuff?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Harkano posted:

Isn't it just to stop dumb tri-point your single model, now you can't shoot my massive unit stuff?

Yeah GW don't like 'gamey' situations like that, or forcing flyers to crash because too many units are nearby.

I kinda like the new strat because I think it still forces a penalty for getting caught out. If I wrap something with hormaguants and my opponent is so desperate to take them out that they spend 2CP, that's 2CP they're not spending on other strats to kill me.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

*Extremely Posh English voice*".....and here we are again at that most noble of ancient ceremonies. The Changing of the Edition. And as the sun sets on 8th edition the flag is lowered and presented to the waiting Assault Terminators as they go into a well-earned retirement...and oh yes! A nod of respect there from the watching Bladeguard Veterans ready to take up ther roll. And who's this coming the other way out of the box! Why it's Plasma Cannon Devastators, we haven't seen these fellows for a while. Look at them blink at the unaccustomed light......"

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Isn't it just a final tie breaker?

There's no mention of tie-breaking, however the scans cut off the section saying the victor has the option to sweep all the unpainted models in his opponent's army to the floor and jump up and down on them until they are suitably chastised.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

JBP posted:

I'd be really happy if the rules reflected more heavily that this is a hobby but I also don't want to hobble people that just want to play with a disadvantage. We have house rules for this as a tie breaker at my club, but you've got everyone's buy in so when a game is drawn the fancier looking army wins.

I like this a lot more I think, but then the maximum VP you can score in a game is 90, and so much stuff gives you a couple of VP here and there in the game, so maybe in practice it is almost impossible to ever have an actual tie, because the score is always like 68-62 or something, so this is designed more like "in a close game, if you've not got 3 colours on all your models, you lose".

It's just a really strange rule like I said because it will largely be irrelevant because you're playing in an event that requires battle ready standard, an event that will likely ignore it as its not a requirement, or a casual game that means even if that technically allows you to win, your friend go easily go go "OK, you technically won, but we both know I beat you".

Lots of tournaments rewarded well painted armies etc anyway, and things that discourage unpainted armies is generally a good thing. Just a bit strange and unexpected. Who knows though, maybe people won't ignore it an it will be an end of hoarders of grey unpainted armies.

xtothez posted:

Yeah GW don't like 'gamey' situations like that, or forcing flyers to crash because too many units are nearby.

I kinda like the new strat because I think it still forces a penalty for getting caught out. If I wrap something with hormaguants and my opponent is so desperate to take them out that they spend 2CP, that's 2CP they're not spending on other strats to kill me.

Plus the 1 in 6 chance for every model that they die. If you trap a tank or a unit of terminators or something you not only cost them the CP but possibly do some real damage as they escape.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 2, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

IPA Regulations posted:

There's no mention of tie-breaking, however the scans cut off the section saying the victor has the option to sweep all the unpainted models in his opponent's army to the floor and jump up and down on them until they are suitably chastised.

Seems harsh. Just playing for keeps seems fair to me. You can always win them back that way.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/free-core-rules-new-models-sighted/

So GW did the wise thing and dropped the 9th ed Core rules early thanks to the leak.
And a better look at the Hammerfall bunker and the Convergence of Dominion for Necrons.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/free-core-rules-new-models-sighted/

So GW did the wise thing and dropped the 9th ed Core rules early thanks to the leak.
And a better look at the Hammerfall bunker and the Convergence of Dominion for Necrons.

Can anyone imagine the GW of 5+ years ago doing something like this? Really cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

xtothez posted:

Can anyone imagine the GW of 5+ years ago doing something like this? Really cool.

Did they have a computer in the office then?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

JBP posted:

Did they have a computer in the office then?

Pretty sure it was exclusively used for sending cease & desists back then

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm :confused: by the new Intercessors starting to look properly grimdark while the new vehicles are looking more and more tactilol?

I mean, there doesn't appear to be even a single cogwheel anywhere on the Hammerfall: how are they expecting the machine spirits to be properly appeased?

E: Especially since they're facing the incarnate sin of the silica animus?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

I'm :confused: by the new Intercessors starting to look properly grimdark while the new vehicles are looking more and more tactilol?

I mean, there doesn't appear to be even a single cogwheel anywhere on the Hammerfall: how are they expecting the machine spirits to be properly appeased?

All of the ornate filigree and skulls were sheared off during reentry.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Imperial fists faq: every imperial fist detachment get a hammerfall bunker for free.

Actually, the faction terrain is kinda silly in aos, so maybe not

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Imperial fists faq: every imperial fist detachment get a hammerfall bunker for free.

Actually, the faction terrain is kinda silly in aos, so maybe not

If it's actually decent, and with fortification networks only being 1CP, and free if it's faction specific terrain, then Imperial Fists might actually have buildings to shoot at for the first time ever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

If it's actually decent, and with fortification networks only being 1CP, and free if it's faction specific terrain, then Imperial Fists might actually have buildings to shoot at for the first time ever.

Given this, I may actually have an excuse to use the droneport and tidewall I've been painting up as background scenery

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Schadenboner posted:

Buy that pack with 300 skulls and just start gluing them too all the fortifications and new vehicles

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Buy that pack with 300 skulls and just start gluing them too all the fortifications and new vehicles

Pricing is out apparently, since my FLGS posted it on their Facebook feed.

PRICES OF LAUNCH DAY PRODUCTS

WARHAMMER 40000: INDOMITUS
Core Game
$199.00

WARHAMMER 40000: CORE BOOK
(Included in the Indomitus Core Game)
Book (HB)
$65.00

WH40K: GRAND TOURNAMENT 2020
Book (SB)
$40.00

WH40K: MISSION PACK: OPEN WAR
Cards
$18.00

WH40K: CRUSADE PLAYER'S PACK
Book (SB)
$35.00

40K: BATTLEZONE MANUFACTORUM BATTLEFIELD
Card Surface
$50.00

BASE: RUNELORD BRASS (12ML)
Paint Pot
$6.10

LAYER: CANOPTEK ALLOY (12ML)
Paint Pot
$6.10

SHADE: CRYPTEK ARMOURSHADE (18ML)
Paint Pot
$7.80

TECHNICAL: TESSERACT GLOW (18ML)
Paint Pot
$7.80

WH40K BATTLEZONE MANUFACTORUM OBJECTIVES
Plastic Box
$40.00

WARHAMMER 40000 COMBAT GAUGE
Hobby Product
$27.00

WARHAMMER 40000 CARRY CASE
Accessory
$60.00

WARHAMMER 40000: INDOMITUS (HB)
HB Novel
$27.00

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I wonder if these 9th edition painting rules are a buff to Necrons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Any news on the new paints aside from price?

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 2, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Nothing yet from what I've seen on the WarCom page.
No idea why Runelord brass is listed there since it already exists.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Are those the MSRPs or the FLGS discount prices?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I assume those are the MSRP prices they got right from GW, but I don't really know for sure.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Funzo posted:

I assume those are the MSRP prices they got right from GW, but I don't really know for sure.

I just checked the USD price for a pot of nuln oil, and it's $7.80, same as that listed price for Cryptek Armourshade, so, yeah, those are straight-from-GW MSRPs if they're accurate.

Annoyingly difficult to find a $200 USD item in the GW online store so I can check its price in CAD!

(Woo, new shade paint! I love GW shade paints!)

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
$200 puts it pretty firmly at the rumoured £120 price, or under £100 with discount. Cool.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

"Characteristic of ‘-’ can never be modified."

Wow I think everyone I've played and including me have always modified those as if they were zero. oof.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

xtothez posted:

$200 puts it pretty firmly at the rumoured £120 price, or under £100 with discount. Cool.

Now to decide whether to pre-order it from GW, or aim to buy it from an FLGS at discount and risk never getting it because it's a limited box and sells out too fast....

(loving FOMO-based marketing. My one weakness! One of my many weaknesses!)

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

xtothez posted:

$200 USD is about £150-160 GBP.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Kitchner posted:

GW parties like it's 1999 and maintains a 1.6-1.7x exchange rate. It's even worse when you realize the GBP price includes VAT and the USD price is before 8-10% sales tax.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Kitchner posted:

The dark imperium box was 95 GBP and 160 ameridollars. Approx one quarter more would be around 120 pounds. It's GWs weird back-in-the-day conversions. In weird eurobux it turns back into 120 dollars because of the still somewhat weak pound.

If 200 is the correct price, that's pretty reasonable (lol, GW prices reasonable??!?! comparatively reasonable I guess). Models-wise it's about the same as dark imperium, which was already good value, + 1 box for each side for 40 more bux. Pretty good.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Stephenls posted:

Annoyingly difficult to find a $200 USD item in the GW online store so I can check its price in CAD!

Industrial Terrain Set 200USD -> 240CAD

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Weird, if it's £120 it's a bargain in my view. When I heard that guess I basically assumed it would be more because from past experience however cheap I hope something will be it always costs a little bit more. So I hoped for £120 which means it will probably be a bit more. £150 I reckon in the UK price.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Don't remember if it's an explicit policy that GW keeps homeland prices cheaper than the rest of the world, but it seems like it's always been the case.

CAD prices are usually garbage, because the US has to be more expensive than the UK, and they make CAD prices more expensive than US to prevent reimportation from Canada. Not as bad as AUD though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
£120 was the first guess from the Auspex Tactics youtube channel a few weeks ago, I'd be more than happy to snatch it up at that price, been looking for an excuse to collect Necrons again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Azerban posted:

Industrial Terrain Set 200USD -> 240CAD

Thank you!

On another forum a dude just said his Canadian FLGS announced $239.99 CAD MSRP, so that lines up.