Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Help me finish the art wing of my museum! I only need three paintings: Wild Painting left and right, and Moving Painting. I have a few real art pieces I can trade for them:

Paintings:
Flowery, glowing, mysterious, proper, sinking, solemn, twinkling, warm, and worthy.

Sculptures:
Beautiful, familiar, informative, and valiant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone got a purple windflower or two they can spare or would be willing to trade for blue roses? (Or well, I think I can spare at least one of any colour of flower but green mum)

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone got a purple windflower or two they can spare or would be willing to trade for blue roses? (Or well, I think I can spare at least one of any colour of flower but green mum)

I can spare three purple windflowers, and would love a blue rose. PM me a Dodo code and I’ll drop them off.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Protip: If you’re going to take a break from this game do it AFTER selling your stock of turnips. I think I just lost over 2 million bells of merchandise.

:negative:

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Hello again everyone! Bones has decided that he needs a change of scenery.

Won't someone come and adopt this very good, lazy boy?

Nothing of note in either shop.

I will be AFK.

I am looking for a black rattan armchair, a black corner box sofa, and a tiny library diy recipe. If you can donate any of these I would appreciate it.

Dodo code:closed

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 2, 2020

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gently caress you Isabelle I'm never cutting down my trees!! Fern gully, bitch!!!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have meteor showers happening. Also Saharah is walking around. Shops are closing in a couple minutes but don't really have anything good.

Dodo is closed.

To the left of the airport there's a bunch of DIY's on the beach. Feel free.

Don't take my flowers behind the ropes plz. Water them if you'd like.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 2, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Romes128 posted:

I have meteor showers happening. Also Saharah is walking around. Shops are closing in a couple minutes but don't really have anything good.

Dodo is 3FPLM

To the left of the airport there's a bunch of DIY's on the beach. Feel free.

Don't take my flowers behind the ropes plz. Water them if you'd like.

Oh man, I need fragments. ty for this

Edit: Thanks friend! I left a couple fish bait and watered a pile of flowers. Sorry I didn't have more on me to tip.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 2, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Soxingtown is open overnight! Details in the PGS thread.

night slime
May 14, 2014

TwoSheds posted:

I will drop off Goose, Harry, Pietro, Savannah and Joey posters later...staring at meteors right now.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

TwoSheds posted:

You are a fantastic human for doing this.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh man, I need fragments. ty for this

Edit: Thanks friend! I left a couple fish bait and watered a pile of flowers. Sorry I didn't have more on me to tip.

No worries!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I dedicated like half the open space on my island to one project: Blue roses.

I had a big patch of purples and reds producing special pinks, which went into vast plantations along with yellows to produce lovely Hybrid Reds. These reds have less than a 2% chance of producing blue roses so I was planning on really scaling up. So much land was dedicated to all this. I have spent months on this project, expanding more and more. I only have like 20 lovely Hybrid Reds, but I need a lot more so I was working on producing more purples to just scale up this whole process. I was thinking of cutting into the pristine forest I preserved to give this breeding project more room.

Of course there's a bunch of other roses this produces as side products. I like pink roses and black roses, so when they came out I just kind of dumped them in a pile next to one of my paths. One time I mixed up a special pink and a regular one in my inventory so I had to dump them both in the trash-flower pile.

This morning there was a blue rose in the trash pile.

I have no idea how it happened, or what the genetics of its parents were. But I did it. By accident. As the chaotic byproduct of a vast and controlled project. None of my planning paid off. I just... randomly got a blue rose.

However I got it, I'm incredibly proud. I've never gotten a blue rose in any Animal Crossing before, and I finally did it!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Pink has the B gene in it and is detrimental to the breeding of Blue. You should mix orange and violet to create triple red (red, yellow, white genes). Then clone each creation and breed clones together. If they produce orange that positively identifies it as a triple red. With triple reds breeding with each other you should take their offspring to clone and breed as pairs. This method will stack your odds above the 2% mark. Y'know, for anyone else trying to breed Blue from scratch.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

War Wizard posted:

Pink has the B gene in it and is detrimental to the breeding of Blue. You should mix orange and violet to create triple red (red, yellow, white genes). Then clone each creation and breed clones together. If they produce orange that positively identifies it as a triple red. With triple reds breeding with each other you should take their offspring to clone and breed as pairs. This method will stack your odds above the 2% mark. Y'know, for anyone else trying to breed Blue from scratch.

i think id rather let roses own half my island tbh

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

War Wizard posted:

I mean, I was breeding out the B gene in the next generation- if you add a yellow to the pinks I was working with and the offspring keeps the B gene, it won't be red so I'll be able to throw it out without testing.

The whole idea was to create a breeding chain without having to do any testing. I wanted to just water my flowers every day and keep an eye out for certain colors. Separating out certain flowers to clone and check their offspring is more than I wanted to think about every morning when I do my daily chores. I will say, the method you listed is the first one I've seen with positive identification- most that I saw have a step that's something like, "if it produces a yellow it's bad" which like... was way beyond what I wanted to keep up with. How long would I have to keep testing before I was satisfied it wasn't producing the offending type? "If it makes orange then it's good" is something I might have been tempted to work with in contrast.

Either way, I don't need to deal with that poo poo ever again! I'm free!

And I have a whole bunch of free space on my island now that I can dig up all those ugly yellow roses. I'm going to have to do a lot of landscaping now...

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

270F1 for meteor showers and Celeste! Southern hemisphere, so there's snowflakes too.
Will probably leave it open overnight, so I'll be very AFK. Please excuse all the WIP stuff and random mannequins (why did I decide to try and make a stone circle I'm not methodical enough for this poo poo)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Goldie the lovely nice epic doggo is leaving my island today

So if anyone wants her let me know and I'll open up. Also I have a small collection of DIY's and it's raining. It won't stop loving raining on my island!!! argh!!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Eiba posted:

I will say, the method you listed is the first one I've seen with positive identification- most that I saw have a step that's something like, "if it produces a yellow it's bad" which like... was way beyond what I wanted to keep up with. How long would I have to keep testing before I was satisfied it wasn't producing the offending type? "If it makes orange then it's good" is something I might have been tempted to work with in contrast.

The method I worked from involved a positive identification with yellows, and someone put it on a very popular infographic so I think it’s pretty common. That said a positive testing phase still involves making a decision of when to give up on a flower. I made number patterns and put them down to keep track. If it popped out 4-5 failures in a row it got scrapped.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Francine is in boxes today! Lemme know if you want her; special recognition will be given for those with Chrissy already on their island :hmmyes:

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
Redd is finally back on my island! He has the fake lady with no arms statue and two other paintings I didn't check.

I gotta leave for work in a hour so If they're still there when I leave I'll reopen when I get home.

the dodo code is HMKG4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This game just drive me up the loving wall with its wack rear end limitations on everything

Just let me push THE BUTTERFLY TO THE EDGE. HOW IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ROOM. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM. gently caress YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Macaluso posted:

This game just drive me up the loving wall with its wack rear end limitations on everything

why
is
the
first
menu
option
for
wrapping
paper
"drop item"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ComicsandSlushies posted:

Redd is finally back on my island! He has the fake lady with no arms statue and two other paintings I didn't check.

I gotta leave for work in a hour so If they're still there when I leave I'll reopen when I get home.

the dodo code is HMKG4

Basic Painting - Fake
Beautiful Statue - Fake
Moving Painting - Fake

All are still there if people want them

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
same thing for eating fruit or taking medicine

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

It's a Nintendo game. They'll patch in a new "Delete Item" option that's first by default.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

puppets freak me out posted:

It's a Nintendo game. They'll patch in a new "Delete Item" option that's first by default.

When I tried placing my HHA Silver Plaque in my house, it went *POOF*. It's not in my house, storage or pockets. Just gone. Maybe I was a secret beta tester for that option.

It shows in my Nook catalog but of course I can't re-order an award.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Myok posted:

When I tried placing my HHA Silver Plaque in my house, it went *POOF*. It's not in my house, storage or pockets. Just gone. Maybe I was a secret beta tester for that option.

It shows in my Nook catalog but of course I can't re-order an award.

Did it end up on the wall behind you?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

puppets freak me out posted:

"Hoot hoot! Would you like me to repeat all that?"
> Yes
No

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Do turnips provide the same bonus as regular fruit? Because at least those I can eat 10 at a time, right?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jeoh posted:

Do turnips provide the same bonus as regular fruit? Because at least those I can eat 10 at a time, right?

Bonus? You eat '1' turnip and you can uproot 10 trees if that's what you mean, so for moving forests they are the most efficient way to go, yes.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's often overlooked, but turnips are also the quickest/most efficient way to take big poops.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hootie-toot! I bought 100 turnips to rot for ants for the next bug off but I gotta imagine the July bug-off is gonna be ridiculous based on how many freaking beetles and cicadas there are now. The last day has basically been a season of 24 where me and my bf repeatedly torture Blathers by showing him bugs and also asking him to tell us about them again

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Just let me push THE BUTTERFLY TO THE EDGE. HOW IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ROOM. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM. gently caress YOU

This is only sort of related, but I learned how to put trees on cliffs yesterday and want to share it with everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_nWGVM_mk

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Are cicada shells on trees? Or do you shake them like with bagworms or spiders?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jivjov posted:

Are cicada shells on trees? Or do you shake them like with bagworms or spiders?

They're on the outside of trees, no shaking necessary. They're significantly smaller than any other cicadas/stags, and are kinda orange/brown.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up Quarantown for a few! Closed! Thanks for visiting

Cyco Cyd, the rock-n-roll elephant, is in boxes today. Come grab him if you need some metal on your island! He gone

Redd is here, selling fake serene painting (lady with sheep), mystic statue (Nefertiti bust) & solemn painting (group of fancy people), as well as a blue changing room & stone fireplace
Mabel's has cargo pants in stock, which is the first time I've ever seen that.
Nook's has a wooden climbing wall and lovely turnip prices

A couple random fossils and DIYs are there for the taking near the airport. I'll be AFK up by the GCW ring.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 2, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Poque posted:

They're on the outside of trees, no shaking necessary. They're significantly smaller than any other cicadas/stags, and are kinda orange/brown.

Nice, thanks much

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone have the magazine DIY? I'd be happy to trade for a manga-library wall DIY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I need to start opening my island every day like some of you. It's not like I can hang out with my irl friends these days.