Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

looked into that lady's bio.

naw, shes like, really good at math, man. she can play the piano too, i heard shes a virtuoso! totally reasonable reasons to go from rags to a billionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Her country yearns for freedom

65% of the Friends of Children of New York's 2019 donations were redirected to the Free Venezuela's Kids Fund, operated by Silvercorp CEO & noted philanthropist Jordan Goudreau. The rest was spent on bitcoin which was then sent to an anonymous wallet accessed somewhere in the Caribbean.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm all the socialites telling on myself today

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol is this a joke.

quote:

Paul Kanavos
CEO and Chairman at Flag Luxury Group, LLC

Having planned and completed over $4 billion of hospitality, retail, entertainment and residential projects, Flag Luxury is a leader in its industry. Notable recent projects include The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach; The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove and Residences; The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club and Spa Jupiter; The Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach; The Wyndham Orlando Resort; I Shops Retail Orlando; I-Drive 360 Orlando entertainment and retail complex; the Harmon Retail Center on the Las Vegas Strip; and The Ritz-Carlton Shops South Beach. Flag Luxury currently has over $1 Billion of new hotel and retail entertainment projects in its pipeline in New York City, Miami and San Francisco.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

people who use "merely" like this, its on sight

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my husband is merely the CEO of a billion dollar luxury hotel company, and i get by slumming it on Trump Tower on third av. despite these challenges I devote myself to motherhood and charity work, and running eyes wide shut parties.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

nut posted:

people who use "merely" like this, its on sight

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

65% of the Friends of Children of New York's 2019 donations were redirected to the Free Venezuela's Kids Fund, operated by Silvercorp CEO & noted philanthropist Jordan Goudreau. The rest was spent on bitcoin which was then sent to an anonymous wallet accessed somewhere in the Caribbean.

lol, but this made me actually go and look at their latest report

the loving pinkertons lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e: I misheard earlier, there's no proof shes going to MCC. But she could, as they hold both male and female inmates

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/features/6017/

quite an article

"Nevertheless, freed from the strict confines of her mother’s home, Dayssi blossomed socially. She became close friends with an Italian-born woman from Mexico named Roberta Petruzzi; over summer vacation, Dayssi brought Petruzzi home to Bogotá. While there, Petruzzi joined a hunting party that included Dayssi’s uncle, a few of her aunts and cousins, and her oldest sister, Gloria. Dayssi stayed home as the group took off on a small plane. The airplane crashed, killing everyone onboard."

"Dayssi graduated from Cornell in 1985 and moved to Manhattan, where she waited tables at Canastel’s on Park Avenue South and worked as a real-estate consultant before deciding to study for a graduate degree in real-estate finance and development at New York University.

During this time, she was dating an Italian prince named Clemente Imperiali. "

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pancake rabbit posted:

oh my god

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Her country yearns for freedom

She's Colombian, so despite Maduro's best efforts, her country is 100% safe for freedom

it's not safe for union or indigenous activists, but still safe for Freedom

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i don't know if i can even crack ping anymore. at this point it's more like an ice floe just kind of floating around.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the ghost of conrad hilton and the pinkertons donating half a mil each to save the Kids

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the Olarte family is merely one of the richest in Colombia, heir to a snack foods fortune, and has a neighbourhood in Bogota named after them

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/business/ramo-the-legacy-of-rafael-molano/7611

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nut posted:

seriously, though, are they a copy of a record or something so they actually have to be destroyed while, technically, the original record still exists

that's what's being reported, yeah. if you choose to disbelieve it I won't stop you because lol crack ping, but officially the order is only for the one legal team to destroy their copies of it, not the original record

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:stonk:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the ghost of conrad hilton and the pinkertons donating half a mil each to save the Kids

correction: a previous version of this article listed the charitable foundation as "New Yorkers for Children". The article has been updated to use the foundation's correct name "Children for New Yorkers"

nut
Jul 30, 2019

World War Mammories posted:

that's what's being reported, yeah. if you choose to disbelieve it I won't stop you because lol crack ping, but officially the order is only for the one legal team to destroy their copies of it, not the original record

i believe it totally of course they don't want copies of this stuff floating around

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Paul castellano, gambino crime boss killed by John Gotti, was in an long term affair with an Olarte

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pancake rabbit posted:

just assuming all the "anonymous donors" are epstein and or ghislaine

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Reality Protester posted:

the Olarte family is merely one of the richest in Colombia, heir to a snack foods fortune, and has a neighbourhood in Bogota named after them

Paul castellano, gambino crime boss killed by John Gotti, was in an long term affair with an Olarte

lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

here I was, avoiding reading this thread, enjoying being able to talk to friends without sounding like a tinfoil hat motherfucker

with this news guess it's time to tear off that bandaid see y'all on the other side of the rabbit hole

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this porcine gently caress and his simpering colleagues said exactly THIS the week after epstein died on their loving podcast!! going insane

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1278751407026458624

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:pray:

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this porcine gently caress and his simpering colleagues said exactly THIS the week after epstein died on their loving podcast!! going insane

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1278751407026458624

matty doesn't trouble himself with the problem of intellectual continuity

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

uber_stoat posted:

International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children Global Missing Children Research Initiative - Missing Children (Colombia) (24 July 2018)

I'm :justpost:, finding it difficult to make any connection beyond this.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the connection that bogota is the largest city in Colombia so it has the biggest portion of people living on the street?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
even AOC is tossing this out there

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1278755399844364288

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

finally about to LOCK HER UP

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

lmao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

based aoc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

wonder if any of the human trafficking connected contractors from the 90s Balkans the US hired had a hand in Plan Colombia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Colombia

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

lmao i just found out Barr's dad wrote a sci-fi kiddie diddling book

https://www.amazon.com/Space-relations-slightly-gothic-interplanetary/dp/0860000249

That book (by Attorney General Barr’s dad, who was headmaster at the school where Epstein taught) is ugggggh something. From one review:

quote:

I have a copy of this book. It is a really badly written book whose only excuse seems to be to refer to human trafficking and sex slavery either as an appeal to prurient interests - in which case it fails, or to relate reminiscences in fiction, or possibly as a payoff, because the dialogue and connecting thoughts are lacking, as well as any real plot even after half the book is read.

The writer seems to like putting everything in terms of girls, and boys, and children, even when the scenes do not necessarily (but often do) involve kids. So while for instance the 14 year old girl getting raped in the first few chapters is really supposed to be 14, the hero of the book in danger of being sodomized - 'bend down kid and make it good' (sic) is not supposed to be a kid. It is that way throughout the book. They are either labeled like they are children (the queen was a 'child'), or actually boys or girls. So it pretty much starts with the word "naked" and goes down from there.

It is pretty shocking a headmaster of a school would write this junk. It's not the only low grade sf story out there with this non-writing in it - but they are always bad reads. exploitation novel at best, says something about the writer regardless.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the connection that bogota is the largest city in Colombia so it has the biggest portion of people living on the street?

In 2010, ~18.6% of Colombians lived in Bogota, so it's not necessarily trivial that more than a third of street children of the entire country could be found there.

Perfectly willing to accept this road leads nowhere but I might as well post.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

That book (by Attorney General Barr’s dad, who was headmaster at the school where Epstein taught) is ugggggh something. From one review:

"It is pretty shocking a headmaster of a school would write this junk."

lmao, yes, "shocking"

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Mantis42 posted:

In a complicated scheme, SA's servers were on Little St James, and Epsteins illicit transactions were disguised as thousands of purchases of get out frog smilies and goatman avatars.

Somehow, Lowtax still only made only $19.27 after 20 years of this.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

"No decent human being would possibly harbor any sympathy for Gadaffi" - Glenn Greenwald. https://www.salon.com/control/2011/08/22/libya_13/

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

World War Mammories posted:

eagerly counting down the minutes until ghislaine's tragic suicide

i mean if this happens they're not even trying anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Durf posted:

i mean if this happens they're not even trying anymore

this has been the case for a while