Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

everybodys thinking in the box. im thinking way outside. seb, buy your own team m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

walk in with all your best apple products and see if he starts foaming at the mouth

That already happened when I suggest we just use a pre existing text word document that does the exact same thing lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Weird, I'm in a meeting with someone who blames technology solutions he doesn't understand for all his problems.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Weird, I'm in a meeting with someone who blames technology solutions he doesn't understand for all his problems.

weird, you a bitch lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1278780570693177345

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

The only teams that can afford him are Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull.

Ferrari is out of the question for obvious reasons
Mercedes won't bring him in so Lewis can continue to collect fraudulent trophy's
He won't go back to Red Bull

Literally the only team that he even has a chance for is Renault, and their car is such a hot mess they couldn't guarantee him a podium position, let alone a race win or a WDC. As much as I like Seb (as a person, he's a terrible driver) I don't think there is room for him in the sport anymore unless he wants to ride around in the middle of the field at a pay cut until he can work out a deal with German Sky to be their version of Martin Brundle.

Seb is probably set for life so could just arse around with a midfielder, whether his ego could take it is another issue. I'd expect him to just race in another series for a laugh, or enjoy a quiet life.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Vettel should have quit on the spot when he spun off in Germany. He literally could never recover from that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a big announcement I will be making tomorrow.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Joined, thanks.

MustardFacial posted:

The only teams that can afford him are Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull.

Maybe he can bring McLaren to victory :laugh:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Looks really good, probably the best helmet by anyone ever, taking that title from his McLaren one.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I hate to do this, for obvious reasons but I think Ferrari have done an absolutely amazing job with the facemask styling. Way better than Mercedes.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

the corona quid posted:

That already happened when I suggest we just use a pre existing text word document that does the exact same thing lol

Weird how someone with no understanding of technology would get laughed at when suggesting a database gets replaced with a Word document. It's almost as if the requirements are beyond the scope of what a Word document is capable of.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

holy gently caress that owns

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
did Gran Turismo become a Mercedes sponsor, or is that cap Hamilton wore in today's interview specially made for him?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Weird how someone with no understanding of technology would get laughed at when suggesting a database gets replaced with a Word document. It's almost as if the requirements are beyond the scope of what a Word document is capable of.

The database was built solely to assemble a word document and is slow as molasses. Maybe if IT people got less defensive and pissy whenever they feel threatened we would’ve been able to replace it with the old system of just deleting the applicable sections out of a standardized word document that took a quarter of the time to accomplish the same thing. Unfortunately we both know that will never happen 🤷🏼‍♂️

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ah yes a shared word document, lots of potential to scale there.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Ah yes a shared word document, lots of potential to scale there.

It’s not shared.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Suggest you all shift to iWork's suite.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gw0rXPMMPE

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"WHO has the word document open!" yells Janice, the 68 year old secretary who won't retire because 'this place is my family'
"Haven't you looked at the calendar? It's day 4!!" She points to the whiteboard. Day 4, is rotation C, which means only odd-numbered employees can use it in alphabetical order.
In the corner, the IT screams, for he has no hope.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
I hope Kimi's son becomes a driver who is worth a drat because Robin Raikkonen is a BAMF name.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The new windows terminal and WSL2.0 is actually legit. Microsoft smashing it lately.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

"WHO has the word document open!" yells Janice, the 68 year old secretary who won't retire because 'this place is my family'
"Haven't you looked at the calendar? It's day 4!!" She points to the whiteboard. Day 4, is rotation C, which means only odd-numbered employees can use it in alphabetical order.

How long do we have to wait for the next chapter of I Have No Version Control And I Must Revert?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

the corona quid posted:

The database was built solely to assemble a word document and is slow as molasses. Maybe if IT people got less defensive and pissy whenever they feel threatened we would’ve been able to replace it with the old system of just deleting the applicable sections out of a standardized word document that took a quarter of the time to accomplish the same thing. Unfortunately we both know that will never happen 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ah yes, manually editing a Word document to fit your thousands of customers. I can see why a database wouldn't be needed for this.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
loving lmao Vettel admitting negotiations never even started and it was just a call from binotto that they were sacking him for next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-surprised-ferrari-call-binotto/4821771/

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

loving lmao Vettel admitting negotiations never even started and it was just a call from binotto that they were sacking him for next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-surprised-ferrari-call-binotto/4821771/

Also: Vettel doesn't know how to wear a mask.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

the season ends faster if he tests positive

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
welp the sf1000 is so bad that they will introduce a new car by hungary, gently caress off

i wont root for rbr

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Khablam posted:

Takes me back to the chaos of a shared Excel doc that like 15 people had to use. It was awful

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

welp the sf1000 is so bad that they will introduce a new car by hungary, gently caress off

i wont root for rbr

Isn’t that a power supply

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

Takes me back to the chaos of a shared Excel doc that like 15 people had to use. It was awful

Our current version of this seems to be sending 25 people an excel report to manually update 5-20 rows of data each... rather than you know, updating the place the report was generated from. I know this guy then spends hours manually pasting updated rows from the returned sheets back into the original sheet.

:psypop:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

This is so much better than the reality we thought we lived in

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rinkles posted:

did Gran Turismo become a Mercedes sponsor, or is that cap Hamilton wore in today's interview specially made for him?

lewis is the gran turismo ambassador, there's an entire dlc with his ghost times

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

People in this thread being so genuinely stupid as to think an Access database is a proper solution in 2020 is honestly the last straw for me posting here

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rinkles posted:

He’s featured in one of the GT Sport openings.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

your friend wicka posted:

People in this thread being so genuinely stupid as to think an Access database is a proper solution in 2020 is honestly the last straw for me posting here

People in this thread being so genuinely stupid as to think Zak Brown was competent and the ideal CEO in 2020 is honestly the last straw for me posting here

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Isn’t that a power supply

The Corsair SF-seriies, just as all things Corsair, is complete trash.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

your friend wicka posted:

MariaDB that shits out reports in LaTeX. This isn't hard, people.

e: or reports in R if you want to be one of the cool kids.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

As someone that works in healthcare and goes into hospitals and even ICUs with covid patietns this is infuriating to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

The Corsair SF-seriies, just as all things Corsair, is complete trash.

Oh ok thanks captain nerd