Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

18 minutes remaining

That's a pretty big update...this better be a drat good swimsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Finally got around to playing today, and Redd is here!

You can swing around behind the homes to get to his ship.
I think he has:
Real Amazing Painting
Fake beautiful statue
Fake academic painting

I'm too lazy to actually breed hybrids, so if anyone has any to spare, it would be appreciated, especially tulips.

Free stuff right by the airport.

Mac is has recipe for a wild log bench

Will be open for an hour or so

Dodo code: closing to try to get a swim suit!

gninjagnome fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 3, 2020

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I got the diving suit with 15 minutes to spare, but it's dark and rainy on my island. Kind of takes the fun out of it, so I'm going to save it for the daylight. I feel like it's been raining non-stop every day on my island.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

gninjagnome posted:

Finally got around to playing today, and Redd is here!

Dodo code: 15FV1

Hey sorry, my switch battery died. Hope that didn't bork your island

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Hey sorry, my switch battery died. Hope that didn't bork your island

No problem, everything seems fine. You were the only one here at the time anyways.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I see an information sign in the deep-fish section for da big crabs.

Anyone caught any yet? Are they available this month? I want da big crabs! :getin:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Edit: Done.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 3, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Crustaceans are arthropods too!

Blathers was sure to point this out about the Horsehoe crab I found.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The big question everybody got right now:

https://twitter.com/HyruleWesley/status/1278876214715875334

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I finally got Plucky's photo today. She was one of my first two villagers and I only started grinding for photos (yikes) maybe 2 months ago? Anyway, my whole wall is full now~

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They fixed the waterfall teleport glitch, what jerks

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you catch a mantis shrimp and place it in a tank, and then click its light on and off it will punch the glass and crack it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I haven't played in a while, someone please tell me if there are crabs. I need to know if there are crabs. Please, I'm begging you,

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Bleck posted:

I haven't played in a while, someone please tell me if there are crabs. I need to know if there are crabs. Please, I'm begging you,

Yup

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bleck posted:

There have always been crabs :yeeclaw:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, you can swim at nook isles as well!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Legitimately bummed they got rid of the waterfall jump glitch.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wait, what happened to the Dodo service for selling stuff/sending stuff home? I remember getting an explanation for it a few weeks back, but it's not an option on this nook isle. Did I misunderstand something? Was it just for the wedding stuff?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bogart posted:

Legitimately bummed they got rid of the waterfall jump glitch.

I had an elegant house entrance and now it's just some rock in the way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, what happened to the Dodo service for selling stuff/sending stuff home? I remember getting an explanation for it a few weeks back, but it's not an option on this nook isle. Did I misunderstand something? Was it just for the wedding stuff?

As far as I know it's just on Isla Harv for now. Sad and annoying, but I can also understand them avoiding letting you send a near infinite amount of scorpions home.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

As far as I know it's just on Isla Harv for now. Sad and annoying, but I can also understand them avoiding letting you send a near infinite amount of scorpions home.

Weird. How often are you going to need inventory space at Harv's island? Even for the wedding event most stuff just got mailed to you. I guess the heart crystals?

Also it seems you can jump into the sea from the airport pier. So that might make it harder to fence gate islands.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Weird. How often are you going to need inventory space at Harv's island? Even for the wedding event most stuff just got mailed to you. I guess the heart crystals?

Yeah, I got so excited about the option, then never ended up using it on the one island it was available at. I'm kinda hoping that it'll still appear eventually on nook islands, maybe with some limitation to keep it from breaking everything, but who knows?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I didn't know this was something I needed, but now I kinda want.

Xenosmilus
Sep 16, 2006
Robin is leaving today. If anyone would like her, let me know and I'll open the island up for you, la-di-da.

Xenosmilus fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 3, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Which bugs give huge rear end models from Flick? So far I have atlas moth, banded dragonfly, and queen Alexandra whatever

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Which bugs give huge rear end models from Flick? So far I have atlas moth, banded dragonfly, and queen Alexandra whatever

There's a few beetles (Hercules, Giraffe stag, Goliath) that are bigger and that's it. Goliath is 2x1. And they missed out on the chance to make the firefly model into a lamp.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So swimming is...kind of boring and slow. And I guess now I'll be doing it every day until Pascal gives me all his DIYs.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Oxyclean posted:

1)Talk to Gulliver to start quest
2) Dig up parts
3) Do not give to Gulliver
4) Optional: Repeat on other characters
5) Optional: Turn them in on one character when you are done with others if you still want his normal reward.
6) They will become rusted the next day.

I think you get one the recycle if you help him out? Not 100% sure how it works, I've usually finished his quest on my main character after collecting parts on secondary characters.

e: Manilla Clam does not count as a sea creature. Boo.

Thank you!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

War Wizard posted:

There's a few beetles (Hercules, Giraffe stag, Goliath) that are bigger and that's it. Goliath is 2x1. And they missed out on the chance to make the firefly model into a lamp.

The Queen Alexandra's birdwing butterfly, and Atlas Moth, also give 2x2 models. I have them set up by my museum. Apparently the banded dragonfly also gives a grand model, which I didn't know. gently caress, now i need to catch 3 of them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Aww, the horseshoe crab works like the turtle when you place them like an item. And it knows a trick!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I'm in the office today and I remembered that I left my old android tablet here that has NFC. Tempted to take it home and get some blank NFC tags, but then I feel like it's a bit cheaty to brute force specific villagers and kinda takes the fun out of searching for randos.....

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

Man I'm in the office today and I remembered that I left my old android tablet here that has NFC. Tempted to take it home and get some blank NFC tags, but then I feel like it's a bit cheaty to brute force specific villagers and kinda takes the fun out of searching for randos.....

There's nothing wrong with getting a few faves for your island then letting randos fill up the other slots.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Nemo2342 posted:

So swimming is...kind of boring and slow. And I guess now I'll be doing it every day until Pascal gives me all his DIYs.

Well it was a feature from New Leaf, so I'm just glad its back in.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

There's nothing wrong with getting a few faves for your island then letting randos fill up the other slots.

This is my first ac game so I don't have any faves, although this might let me kick out my starters and invite them back without their lovely houses at least.....

Edit: Just looked at both my starters proper homes, yeah gently caress it thats what i'll do.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 3, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxyclean posted:

Also it seems you can jump into the sea from the airport pier. So that might make it harder to fence gate islands.

This is cool actually, cause this means any fence gate islands just turns me into Snake infiltrating Shadow Moses Island. :ninja:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress YOU GIANT CLAM! I literally chased that bastard around half of the island. He's incredibly fast and the time it takes you to dive creates enough of a lag that he makes a lot of space between you two. I was finally able to catch him though. I've got 20 of the sea creatures now!

A very interesting thing about the wet suits - you cannot wear one when you want to go to the changing room of Able's, AND you cannot attach it to a wand outfit slot. I was thinking maybe it's like a tool in the game's system since it's something you have to equip, but it also cannot be slotted into the tool favorite circle either. It's a unique device.

ALSO, my friend ran into Saharah and now they have different dialog where instead of endlessly talking they ask you if you want to purchase anything else. This is a good sign.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A very interesting thing about the wet suits - you cannot wear one when you want to go to the changing room of Able's, AND you cannot attach it to a wand outfit slot. I was thinking maybe it's like a tool in the game's system since it's something you have to equip, but it also cannot be slotted into the tool favorite circle either. It's a unique device.

Yeah, I was a little irked when I ran into that. Since I tend to prefer avoing the need to head home to swap equipment in and out, I guess this means my default non-wand clothing will be the wetsuit until further notice.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Was I just not blessed by RNG with a wetsuit at Able’s today? I’ve had to get mine delivered.

Edit: Never mind. I missed that it’s Nook’s that sells them.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 3, 2020

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Anime_Otaku posted:

Was I just not blessed by RNG with a wetsuit at Able’s today? I’ve had to get mine delivered.

It's in the cabinet with the tools and seeds and wallpaper in Nooks shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Anime_Otaku posted:

It’s at the nook shop. Not the able shop.