Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I regret buying Binding of Isaac on a cart. I was skeptical two years ago, but suddenly it's all I want to play. This game should live permanently on my Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think I finally managed to get a copy of Ringfit adventure from Amazon. I think its still up right now.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Guw posted:

I’m currently using this setup. How do you deal with damage without a full time healer? I’m in Melia’s town right now.

I'm level 60 right now and my main party is shulk, reyn and dunban. Any named monster you can topple lock for a decent time, and any other type of encounter reyn and dunban can both be great tanks and dish out high damage. Shulk can heal an okay amount, which is helped with certain skills, and provide monado arts buffs. You also want to strength down the enemies.

Basically you are not tanking and healing in this game. It's more about aggro management I think, since Reyn and Dunban are pretty good on their own.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Wildtortilla posted:

I regret buying Binding of Isaac on a cart. I was skeptical two years ago, but suddenly it's all I want to play. This game should live permanently on my Switch.

Ditto. Can't justify double dipping on the same system, though.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

blackguy32 posted:

I think I finally managed to get a copy of Ringfit adventure from Amazon. I think its still up right now.

It sold out as I started to check out. Back ordered and fingers crossed.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Loucks posted:

It sold out as I started to check out. Back ordered and fingers crossed.

I set up one of those tracker things to alert me when someone had it in stock and it seemed to work decently well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

I’m waiting for it to go on sale for $15 again then I’ll grab it. The game pisses me off sometimes (a lot) but it’s still my favorite roguelite.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ring fit is my first physical switch game and man do these carts taste terrible

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

hatty posted:

Ring fit is my first physical switch game and man do these carts taste terrible

It will be my 3rd, but I am tempted to sell my breath of the wild and get the digital version. I got too excited when I bought my switch and didn't think about how much it would be a pain in the rear end to keep up with games.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Are carts that bad? I only have a couple of games and don’t mind. I want to be able to sell them when I get bored with them eventually which doesn’t seem possible with digital versions.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Loucks posted:

Are carts that bad? I only have a couple of games and don’t mind. I want to be able to sell them when I get bored with them eventually which doesn’t seem possible with digital versions.

They're fine. If you have friends who also have Switches carts are nice because you can borrow or lend out games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Carts are fine but for a portable system it’s nice to have access to a bunch of titles at once instead of only one or having to switch them out

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’ve definitely done that. I guess it could be a factor if you’re keeping dozens of games, but I don’t think there are even that many games I want to try. I’ve got a low profile case that holds ~12 carts, which seems sufficient. Not tough to close software and swap a cart.

Just waiting for BotW 2 at this point. Maybe next year.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Up until world 3 I was convinced they fudged all the numbers so that you always succeed or scrape past mini boss and boss fights with a sliver of health left and the RPG stuff was all window dressing but yeah nah it's not and you can absolutely get hosed up in fights. It was also at that point that I realized I was half assing the ab guard and you don't get your maximum damage reduction unless you're squeezing the ring crazy hard so it took three attempts to beat world 3 Drageaux.

Oh what the gently caress. I reached world 4 and didn’t even know this . I thought the emphasis was on squeezing your abs not squeezing the drat ring controller

The one rpg ish thing I didn’t like was you can’t return to a world you have beaten to fight the big buff dragon dude again, I assume that will be available post game

I’ve found that disabling “immediately finish the round of exercise once you deplete an enemy’s health” does a lot to help with improving your exercise and exp l I’m now slightly over leveled just by adding that and filling up some of the requests .

So far the exercise I detest most is rowing where the ring may not register you are squeezing so you slowly flow back during the rapids. I hate it ! I’m so tired

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So, uh, is Saints Row IV real crashy for anyone else?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Loucks posted:

Are carts that bad?

They're a little bitter, but I think some people exaggerate it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It was also at that point that I realized I was half assing the ab guard and you don't get your maximum damage reduction unless you're squeezing the ring crazy hard so it took three attempts to beat world 3 Drageaux.

wait what!?

why doesn't it tell you you're doing it wrong!?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

404notfound posted:

They're a little bitter, but I think some people exaggerate it

Yeah, it's an acquired taste. Eat a few more and you'll come to like them!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah, it's an acquired taste. Eat a few more and you'll come to like them!

You’re supposed to spit em out but no way Jose they taste like fruit!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Buy carts for games you're not sure about or doubt you'll replay.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I buy carts for longer single player games that I won’t constantly replay and digital for everything else.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Fallom posted:

wait what!?

why doesn't it tell you you're doing it wrong!?

I guess they expect you to intuit it since it's technically exactly the same as the exercises; "Good" is doing it right, and "great" is when you're on fire and doing it perfectly. The difference being that an abdominal brace doesn't require any resistance at all, and for the sake of the game the ring is just there basically for tactile feedback to remind you to keep your stomach clenched. The game has no way of knowing how well you're maintaining it. It even emphasizes how your arm pressure doesn't matter, so it winds up being super unintuitive that the ring needs to be squeezed really tight cause you know it doesn't really matter, but surprise it does.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

YggiDee posted:

So, uh, is Saints Row IV real crashy for anyone else?

I moved my install from the SD card to the system memory and so far it seems to be working.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I mostly go physical. As a two Switch household it's nice to be able to lend my partner games without fuckin around with primary accounts and things

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I just decide based on how cool I think the box art is.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://youtu.be/HhW6nSLSq6Y

Video of me playing smash online again, remembering why I put it down

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sudden Javelin posted:

I mostly go physical. As a two Switch household it's nice to be able to lend my partner games without fuckin around with primary accounts and things

As a two switch household it's nicer to be able to play the games together instead of passing a single cartridge, especially if one of you wants to play at work or something.

Like, how do you even plan to visit your second animal crossing Island when you only have one cartridge?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Loucks posted:

No, some goons are incredibly lazy and act like the last 30 years of video gaming/interacting with most media didn't exist and that changing a cartridge is a huge affront to them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Chronojam posted:

As a two switch household it's nicer to be able to play the games together instead of passing a single cartridge, especially if one of you wants to play at work or something.

Like, how do you even plan to visit your second animal crossing Island when you only have one cartridge?

Pokemon and Animal Crossing are the two games we both own a copy of

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I buy physical when there's a really good deal on a cart, otherwise I buy digital.

Butterfly Valley posted:

No, some goons are incredibly lazy and act like the last 30 years of video gaming/interacting with most media didn't exist and that changing a cartridge is a huge affront to them
Mostly, I just like the ability to carry my whole collection with me for portable consoles, and I don't need more boxes and stuff cluttering up my limited living space.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Butterfly Valley posted:

It’s true, the act of changing games exhausts and terrifies me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It is kind of annoying with the Switch and the later 3DSes with the lid thingies.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I have young kids playing our Switch, and like he'll I'm going to trust them to deal with those tiny little carts on their own. No thanks. I have parental controls on the system, so anything short of knocking the system over (which they'd never do, since they love it) is completely prevented.

Also, it's neat to see that I can literally stop them from playing anything and everything, if they misbehave, thanks to the parental controls app. Didn't clean your room? Guess you're not playing Zelda until you do. :colbert:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I have only BotW as a cartridge and the rest of the games are from eShop

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah this is a known issue, I ran into it too after intentionally holding off from that fight to let my party learn the necessary moves to get the pep move and then it did gently caress all so it was mildly irritating. It doesn't matter who activates it for the purpose of those quests, I think the consensus online was it was some kind of translation issue.

Yeah, I found another pep move that seems to do something similar but requires more characters to be pepped, so maybe the book was supposed to refer that that one instead? Didn't test it, though, as I had already finished the fight.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Xenoblade weekend event is up for Tetris 99 in case you guys like grabbing the themes. I think it sucks personally.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Social Animal posted:

Xenoblade weekend event is up for Tetris 99 in case you guys like grabbing the themes. I think it sucks personally.

The Splatoon theme still reigns supreme.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have young kids playing our Switch, and like he'll I'm going to trust them to deal with those tiny little carts on their own. No thanks. I have parental controls on the system, so anything short of knocking the system over (which they'd never do, since they love it) is completely prevented.

Also, it's neat to see that I can literally stop them from playing anything and everything, if they misbehave, thanks to the parental controls app. Didn't clean your room? Guess you're not playing Zelda until you do. :colbert:

You've done good when the kids treat possessions with respect. Not just materialism, it's respect for others by proxy.

My advice, give them a second-hand laptop. They'll probably destroy it, but it gets all the bad ideas out of the way.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1278834946992304128?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
oh no... dont tell me swery thinks unplayable lovely framerates for the outdoor sections is what he thinks people want....