Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

"work from home in my small community, stay away from the gross teeming cities" as a solution to climate change is pretty much the biden plan. Just repeating the same poo poo republicans said in the 80s but calling it progressive.

it's about as Pleasantville a take as one can conceivably imagine with Biden's current faculties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lmao felix advertised something awful in the latest hahahahahahhaah

THS
Sep 15, 2017

dead gay comedy forums posted:

lmao felix advertised something awful in the latest hahahahahahhaah

i somehow missed that, whatd he say

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

something like "well you don't even need to make a forum, there is one out there you don't even have to pay for premium, just a 10$" etc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BenBlippenstein/status/1278437963400204294

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Kaimandante/status/1278565400847007745?s=20

You know the Boston white guys that run Barstool insisted on it being hard r

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

unbelievably good tweet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

seriously watch that vid

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It's a banger. Just wish I didn't have to see his face.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

There's no time like the present to try to cram as many people together as possible in small spaces, especially when they can't even go to shared public spaces due to a plague

mastershakeman posted:

yeah its work from home and revitalize dying small towns instead of all cramming into cities with skyrocketing real estate prices

"Remember, Mastershakeman is literally always wrong"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

"Remember, Mastershakeman is literally always wrong"

he has the correct take that AD&D Combat & Tactics was good and 3rd Edition jettisoning most of its lessons is why the game has been so lovely ever since.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

he has the correct take that AD&D Combat & Tactics was good and 3rd Edition jettisoning most of its lessons is why the game has been so lovely ever since.

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1278346944193204224

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mods plz rename me to "instantly iconic moment on fox business"

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

i say swears online posted:

mods plz rename me to "instantly iconic moment on fox business"
this is up there with that time Varney threw a climate researcher into the studio's brazen bull

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

:toot:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Barstool drama continues

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/1278736692023832576?s=20
https://twitter.com/TylerIAm/status/1278521046690336769?s=20

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

He always poses like

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

nick couldn't have come up with a better bit than this

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He always poses like

nice to learn that despite the endless flow of nerd dollars they still don't use artists who have taken a single figure drawing class in their life

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Matt, Brace, Liz and Hasan talking about Ghislane

https://twitch.tv/hasanabi

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He always poses like

no i will NOT learn how to use photoshop

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Matt, Brace, Liz and Hasan talking about Ghislane

https://twitch.tv/hasanabi

my problematic faves

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

i think of demons posted:

nice to learn that despite the endless flow of nerd dollars they still don't use artists who have taken a single figure drawing class in their life

I'll have you know that WotC is paying top dollar to artists with such diverse backgrounds as Nazi, TERF, and Rapist!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
yeah but couldn't they have at least found a terf, nazi or rapist that knew how to draw. your average politoons mutant is at least 2/3 of those and some of them can draw. it took me a bit to figure out what was going on in that card and that it wasn't a floating torso with exposed ribcage hanging out

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that irresistible movie sounds like a worse version of the campaign with zach galifianakis and will ferrell that came out back in 2012

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that irresistible movie sounds like a worse version of the campaign with zach galifianakis and will ferrell that came out back in 2012

I was dragged to the theater and forced to watched swing vote with Kevin Costner

I hate America

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's kinda funny because the premise of the trailer is that they've found this guy who is a DEMOCRAT but is also a VETERAN and that (among other things) is how he's gonna win the Midwest, when actual real-life fighter pilot Amy McGrath is well on her way to losing hard against Cocaine Mitch

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

You should tell your favorite lib friends you have a whole cinema room reserved for them showing Irresistible and trap them inside while it shows Irreversible. "My bad, i am dyslexic."

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

trueanon and war nerd owning it again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1278974978000515073?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Taintrunner posted:

I was dragged to the theater and forced to watched swing vote with Kevin Costner

I hate America

I just read the Wikipedia article about that movie, and it sounds terrible.

Bud gets wooed by candidates from both sides: the incumbent Republican, Andrew Carington Boone (Kelsey Grammer), and his campaign manager, Martin Fox (Stanley Tucci); and the opposing Democrat, Vermont Senator Donald Greenleaf (Dennis Hopper) and his campaign manager Art Crumb (Nathan Lane).

HAW HAW HAW HE'S NAMED AFTER A LEAF

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

One of the guests on TrueAnon a bit ago plugged his show about the Iraq War called Blowback. I've been listening and I think it's pretty good. I mean tl;dr Bush lied people died, but I've been learning things and I think it's a valuable listen both to cut through any remaining propagandation (the actual nature of Al Qaeda was a new one on me), and to refuel anger at the Resistance crowd cheerfully rehabilitating all the Bush warcriminals.

The show's apparently finished, it's just being released week-to-week for free and if you wanna binge the whole thing you gotta sign up for Stitcher premium, which ehhh I haven't done yet but might as I've quite liked the currently released episodes.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

SpudCat posted:

One of the guests on TrueAnon a bit ago plugged his show about the Iraq War called Blowback. I've been listening and I think it's pretty good. I mean tl;dr Bush lied people died, but I've been learning things and I think it's a valuable listen both to cut through any remaining propagandation (the actual nature of Al Qaeda was a new one on me), and to refuel anger at the Resistance crowd cheerfully rehabilitating all the Bush warcriminals.

The show's apparently finished, it's just being released week-to-week for free and if you wanna binge the whole thing you gotta sign up for Stitcher premium, which ehhh I haven't done yet but might as I've quite liked the currently released episodes.

all the eps are on r/blackwolffeed if you wanna binge it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Blowback's come up a few times itt and it's been pretty universally praised

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two of the people I grew up with in my hometown died in Iraq, and for absolutely nothing. I fear I can't listen to Blowback because it will drive me to a violent psychosis, because I was 12 in the leadup to the Iraq War and I knew every absolute bit of it was complete horseshit. All the worse with an Autistic older brother who had a fetish for American jet fighter bombings and thought Dubya was a gift from God, torturing innocent Muslims and digging up pipes Saddam apparently wasn't supposed to have.

One day, not entirely his fault, but the abuse and trauma my father inflicted on him, I watched him punch my mother square in the jaw. And I spent the rest of my years growing up in that home planning to kill him if it came to it. I haven't been back to my hometown in over a decade. And that's not even the worst part of it.

The thing that angers me more than loving anything. Let me loving tell you before I start tearing up. End of the year high school. Principal calls all the Seniors moving own to serve in the Armed Forces to stand. All the parents from our small town give a standing ovation. Let me tell you.

Let me loving tell you.

Not even a loving quarter of those loving white supremacist pieces of poo poo showed up to the funerals of the kids who came back in flag draped coffins. One of them white, yes. One of them Black. Didn't even have the loving honor to dignify the men shipped off to die for the profits of millionaire capitalists that lobbied for these utterly idiotic and nonsensical wars. Sat at home and waved their loving hands like it never loving happened in the first place.

We're not a nation. We're not a collective people. We're a meatfactory of flesh shipped off to die horrifically for profit.

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 13:56 on Jul 3, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: oops bad post

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's that story that Noam Chomsky likes to tell where his dentist tells him that his teeth are so worn down from grinding and he doesn't know where it's coming from, and his wife tells him that it's because he keeps unconsciously grinding his teeth every morning as he reads the New York Times.

Listening to Blowback does that to me.

There's a clip of Madeleine Albright, who was Bill Clinton's Secretary of State, that they bring up in the show.

The more famous one is the one where she gets asked if she thought it was worth it that the sanctions regime in Iraq had killed 500,000 children from starvation and malnutrition, and she said that, yes, it was worth it.

But in this other one, she was at a town hall, and someone asks her why the US was continuing to impose sanctions on Iraq, when Indonesia was also committing its own atrocities in East Timor, and Israel was also committing its own atrocities in Palestine, but the US was not sanctioning them, and rather was instead funding those countries with aid and arms

and Albright's response was that "I am really surprised that some people feel that it is necessary to defend the rights of Saddam Hussein"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcLaKGNDtzo&t=272s

so all that poo poo about how if you're an anti-interventionist, or think that the US should get out of Syria, you're going to called an Assadist? They were doing that with Saddam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The funniest reaction I've seen to it was someone in the AV club comments that was furious at Stewart because they thought the movie was pro-Bernie

OctoberCountry has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Jul 3, 2020