Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Laffo. That is a massive loss of information and any way to track survivors in exchange for being able to dodge a DS. Never buy a new killer, people. They always get hotfix hosed once BHVR's gotten your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Can't wait to see the next offering of "Comparable ability to an old killer, but worse!" they have in store.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Y'all're drastically overreacting to a fairly minor nerf that shouldn't matter much if you were using the ability as it was very obviously intended. You shouldn't be basing your game plan on what people are doing on the complete opposite side of the map, and you shouldn't be caging people when you got no reason to slug.

It's a hamfisted fix but the pyramid boy is hardly dead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TGLT posted:

You shouldn't be basing your game plan on what people are doing on the complete opposite side of the map

This is literally what the game is at high levels though, this is entirely why Billy is as powerful as he always will be until they finally find some way to hobble him, being able to respond to the 4 dickweeds on discord in opposite corners of the map as fast as possible is what determines whether you get any kills in a lot of games.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

This is literally what the game is at high levels though, this is entirely why Billy is as powerful as he always will be until they finally find some way to hobble him, being able to respond to the 4 dickweeds on discord in opposite corners of the map as fast as possible is what determines whether you get any kills in a lot of games.

Part of what makes cross-map info important for Billy is because he can be across the map in an instant. Pyramid Head cannot. Knowing what people are doing is nice, sure, but Pyramid Head is not in a position to capitalize on "some one got uncaged" if they're 60 meters out. By the time you get there the survivors will likely have disappeared. Unless you're down to just two survivors, and if you're down to just two survivors you should already be well positioned to win.

On top of that, and way more importantly, you shouldn't just be using the cage when you don't have a reason to. Using the cage is giving the survivors a free easy rescue in exchange for a hook state. You shouldn't be caging people unless you have some one else to go after, because hooking some one in a place you choose lets you generate more pressure.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Patch notes btw if anyone wanted to see the full fix list: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/204-4-0-2-hotfix

Also for the record, those two "nerfs" are probably just further assurance that this won't pop up again in any form:

BHVR posted:

Fixed an issue that allowed the Executioner to stand in front of a Cage of Atonement, preventing any possible rescue.

Because seriously, who gives a poo poo where the survivor pops up if you cage them? By using that portion of Pyramid Head's power you're basically trading off the time you'd spend on hooking someone and the ability to ignore a plethora of hook/pick up perks for the control of where other survivors are gonna have go to rescue them. Not to mention if you do it you're basically assuming it spawned that survivor right next to someone who can just unhook them. Probably 90% of the Pyramid Heads I've encounter just use the ranged attack to knock survivors and then hook them even if they're tormented until death hook, when they just whack you with his mini mori to save a boatload of time at that point.

It does suck losing the info on knowing where survivors will be moving towards, but it's a trade off I'm more than willing to accept to not deal with some rear end in a top hat standing in front of my cage to ensure I die with no recourse.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The real travesty is the audio bugs aren't on that list. Spent like a minute and a half yesterday on Lunatic Ward trying to find a slug at the end of a match. Turns out they weren't making any noise.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Haha, in a game with the same dude as last time, again he ends up on the hook first. I didn't even want to camp him, but then he had one of his buddies nearby clicking a flashlight at me and another not even trying to hide on an overhang nearby. "OMG FACE CAMPER ADD ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS"

Bruh, what do you *think* I'm going to do there besides stay right where I am until you die?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

TGLT posted:

The real travesty is the audio bugs aren't on that list. Spent like a minute and a half yesterday on Lunatic Ward trying to find a slug at the end of a match. Turns out they weren't making any noise.

Yeah. I don't think the PH changes are a big deal really but this sucks and I don't know why it isn't higher priority to fix.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

DeathChicken posted:

Haha, in a game with the same dude as last time, again he ends up on the hook first. I didn't even want to camp him, but then he had one of his buddies nearby clicking a flashlight at me and another not even trying to hide on an overhang nearby. "OMG FACE CAMPER ADD ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS"

Bruh, what do you *think* I'm going to do there besides stay right where I am until you die?

I usually try and be a good sport and not face camp but some Survivors legitimately think they're being clever when they unhook their buddy and you've barely walked like five feet away. The gently caress you think I'm going to do in that situation, guys?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:frogdunce: I got paid that's all I care about

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Iridescent Button is a hilarious addon and I wish Legion had something like that as their default power. For a cooldown and a stun, run through pallets like you were the Kool-Aid Man

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Man, all I get are salty streamers bitching about having the hatch closed in their face because they stood on the edge instead of the center. I want the cool survivors.

at least i got footage for the sick youtube montage i will never make

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Folks have been chill for me lately but I'm still going through the yellow ranks. Once I get to green is when I start skipping past the post game chat

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Danaru posted:

Folks have been chill for me lately but I'm still going through the yellow ranks. Once I get to green is when I start skipping past the post game chat

Salt enhances the flavor of every dish, though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ghostface is really fun. Just have to accept that everyone and their momma runs Spine Chill, so my invisible eye lasers are only going to make people run away from the generators rather than put them into Exposed :v:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm pretty new, but I've got no idea why you wouldn't run spine chiller if you don't have some really amazing to replace it with.

Having said that, I'm too busy trying not to fail the skill checks and just look around to notice the spine chiller indication :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1278854748880412673?s=19

I have no idea how I manage to win these games sometimes.

Also hot drat they fixed the cakes because one match I managed to get over 200000 bloodpoints :stwoon:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Had a game where the survivors probably could have won really early, but they decided to just keep running in circles around me endlessly juking. Finally I wear them down to one person by sheer attrition, down them, go to slam the hatch shut. Come back to grab them...and there were no hooks nearby so I had to drop them, otherwise they were going to escape. At which point I couldn't pick them back up either, due to the game filling up Wiggle meters every time you drop someone, that would have also let them escape :v: So we got to sit there for an eternity until they bled to death. That's good game design

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
At that point I'd rather just lose the bloodpoints than wait that long for a no one escaped bonus. Unless the gates were closed in which case I'd let them wiggle free and then just chase them until the endgame collapse did my work for me :v

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru posted:

I wish Billy had some iridescent tier addons

Chainsaw update!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ah, THERE'S the Billy nerf in the name of making things easier for whining survivors counterplay.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

At least that's a decent buff to Leatherface, in theory. Knockout might be slightly more viable now that people can't see where the bodies are (not that it'll help against SWF groups, but nothing helps with SWF groups. They are literally cheating the game's mechanics by third party hardware)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, that's a more interesting change to LF than just giving him 100% move speed while revving. My god, LF will actually have a skill component. gently caress is the world coming to.

The overheat looks like it takes too long to recover from so hopefully that cooldown gets reduced, but the basic idea of forcing a billy to be pickier with backrevs isn't an unwarranted way to increase his skill floor. Probably better would have just been to kill the instasaw. The scream at the start of a sprint is a weird new change. If it's map wide that's actually probably a bigger nerf than the overheating mechanic.

Not sure any of the perks will become meta but I'm glad they're getting buffed all the same.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 3, 2020

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lightborn won't be "run this all the time" Meta but it'll be a Perk you have on every Killer just to have it for 4 Flashlight comps, straight immunity to Flashlight blind is huge.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 3, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lightborn is good because it's functionally flashlight immunity already pre-buff (you can break a pallet while they're beaming you the whole time with no blind) and flashlight survivors will just sit there and be hit while trying to blind you every single time. They will always be convinced that they just missed, or servers hosed up, or something else rather than abandon trying to blind you.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ah, THERE'S the Billy nerf in the name of making things easier for whining survivors counterplay.

Actually gently caress Billy. As a killer main this is 100% deserved, gives him an actual skill floor and stops billy from just back revving to success.

Light Born on the other hand getting a goddamn massive buff, though perhaps immunity was not that far off from what it gave already.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Chain Sawing Real Hahahaha Survivor Just Walk Perpendicular Like Survivor Find A Tree Haha

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Is there a goon discord for this? Or if not a goon discord, a good enough discord?

Also I picked up the plague and puking on people is hilarious. Is it worth it puke on generators when you can (assuming you haven't recently) or is it waste of time?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Or play Billy on any indoor map and watch as he can't do anything but run into things with his head

Meanwhile I've found Ghostface can seriously trip people up if you bounce between his three methods of attack. Sure, I'm starting out creeping and Stalking. If that fails, I'm probably chasing you. No one really expects me to go from a chase to letting that go and sneaking up on generator people without so much as a Stalk

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 3, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

Actually gently caress Billy. As a killer main this is 100% deserved, gives him an actual skill floor and stops billy from just back revving to success.

No it really isn't, this sucks massive poo poo, goddamn BHVR are one of the worst developers at making their game less fun, good or balanced every single update.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ever since that change was announced I have been waiting for the angry Yardbomb post

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I can't comment on Plague, since as a console player I can't shoot things with her power at all :v: People just slightly run away behind an object and then they don't get hit by Corrupt. But barring that, I can't see why you wouldn't puke on every gen you see since it takes practically no time to infect objects

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

ever since that change was announced I have been waiting for the angry Yardbomb post

It really blows, I want to like this game so much, I used to like it a whole lot, but holy poo poo it only ever finds ways to get less fun every time now, their best players and streamer buds show them over and over that the game's hosed up and they keep pretending like it's totally not, while going backwards on the issues of gens going faster all the time while killers get slower or less able to address it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yard as far as i can tell literally every post you have made in this thread, going back to february of this year, has been inconsolably angry

might i make the bold suggestion of uninstalling

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 3, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Coolguye posted:

yard as far as i can tell literally every post you have made in this thread, going back to february of this year, has been inconsolably angry

might i make the bold suggestion of uninstalling

I already did a while ago, I just like to dump on BHVR for being terrible and ruining a good game.

Also hey, I say good things about F13 and other games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well i am glad you are no longer punching yourself in the kidneys by playing a game you so clearly hate at least

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm honestly kind of stunned they seem to be buffing Leatherface, the killer who became a meme for having no talents except camping real good

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm not happy with the Billy change but I'm sure I'll adapt to it. I barely revved in the first place since I like to go fast. Having actual addons I'm hella amped for though give me those steering perks baybee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I'm honestly kind of stunned they seem to be buffing Leatherface, the killer who became a meme for having no talents except camping real good

That's at least a positive too, Leatherman's desperately deserved some help for a long, long time.